Old 09-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #16  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Wow, these are some of the most inspiring words I've read....

It is so true that we have to want this more than anything else. I love that Dr. Tran refers to Phase 1 as a Diet with a beginning and an end. Then the phases and maintenance teach us how to retain what we have learned during this journey.

I. too, cannot imagine going back to eating the way I have eaten all my life. I know that I will not go back to diet coke and lots of refined sugar. The clarity and energy on Phase 1 are wonderful. And I agree, I will probably have a slice of pizza now and then when I get to maintenance. But for now, I will stay OP 100% and do this job. I really, really want this.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #17  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

I've found that one of the most important things is to PLAN. Plan your meals and have all your veggies and protein stocked in your fridge. If you are going out, Plan what you will eat.

I just got back from a pot luck style family reunion. I KNEW I would not be able to eat 95% of the food. But I figured there would be some protein I could eat. So I took along some IP friendly coleslaw and loaded my plate with that and then a few slices of ham from the buffet. Only one person even asked about it.

So PLAN....If you fail to PLAN, you are planning to fail.
cbl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #18  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbl70 View Post
I've found that one of the most important things is to PLAN. Plan your meals and have all your veggies and protein stocked in your fridge. If you are going out, Plan what you will eat.

I just got back from a pot luck style family reunion. I KNEW I would not be able to eat 95% of the food. But I figured there would be some protein I could eat. So I took along some IP friendly coleslaw and loaded my plate with that and then a few slices of ham from the buffet. Only one person even asked about it.

So PLAN....If you fail to PLAN, you are planning to fail.
WHERE'S THE DARN LIKE BUTTON???

scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #19  

Height: 5'6"

Like everyone with WAY more experience/success than me has said, set your mind that this is important and you're worth it. One reason I like IP and feel I've been successful is that there are so few options. I know I can't even consider potatoes or pizza or any of those things that got me where I am. I have my drinks, my bar, my salad, my protein, veggies and I call it a day. With other "diets" where portions are limited but options are limitless, I was definitely not controlling anything. Set your mind on your goal and get there! I also agree with the PLAN strategy. I plan as much as possible for the protein & veggies, everything else for me is routine and simple. Simplicity, that's my suggestion after all this rambling.
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default Powerful!

This thread is amazing! You are all very powerful. You words are treasures for my soul. Thank you all!
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:17 AM   #21  

I agree, we all must love food if we are on this site. Weekends are hard especially the afternoons. This is my mental checklist when tempted: 1-Why would a throw away $100 a week for this temptation, my family is making a sacrifice for me to be on this diet. 2. Go drink a glass of water, hot tea or grab some lettuce and tell myself-"this is how I have to keep off the weight once I phase off, if not ,I will just get fat again". 3. I like feeling healthy and this is how I got unhealthy. In a nutshell. I am basically trying to mentally teach myself why I got fat and how this is going to work the rest of my life so that when I do phase off I have tools to cope. I first thought of this as a diet with a beginning and end. I now know that this is a lifestyle change and there will be modifications but no end.
mphage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 230/191/145

Height: 5' 4"

I think also having support to do this diet, whether it be your family, co-workers, or friends, is a key to achieving the thinner vision we all have of ourselves. Success on this diet breeds support, IMO. Three co-workers who lost weight on IP generated my interest, and after being on IP for almost 7 weeks, two more co-workers and one friend are now on IP. And more are inquiring.

Keep your eye on the prize- your goal. But i agree weekends are also the toughest for me.
austintacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

I started IP in October of 2010 with PCOS, hoping to lose weight to have a baby. I stayed on program religiously and lost 50 pounds in 6 months. I maintained it for nearly a year. My motivation during that time: I wanted to be healthier for pregnancy and I was in graduate school and was generally the fatest person in the classroom. I hated that and the conversations that would take place about the obesity epidemic in America. I was quiet during those discussions as I was always stunned they sprouted up in business curriculum. Anyway, those two factors motivated me the first time around.

I maintained through low carb dieting and exercise and even took up jogging. My husband's job relocated us and until I found work, it was easy to maintain by jogging to the gym in the morning and working out for 2 hours a day and then coming home to job search...however, after I found a job, I started going to lunch with people and then the bagels and muffins and donuts would appear every morning and I somehow lost my focus.

Then, I finally became pregnant and I was ecstatic. I was super careful the first month and then began indulging in my sweet cravings the second month. Then I miscarried the baby and became depressed. I went back to work and consoled myself with snacks in my desk drawer. I would meet coworkers for dinner and lunch and found my weight had sprung back up to 200. I was mortified. It was such a joy to reach onederland and I recall saying "never again." that did it for me...I am back on track.

I was also experiencing aches and pains in my joints and knees and my head was cloudy. I remember this from before I started IP the first time. On IP now, my head feels clearer, my joints are not better yet, but I am sure they will be after I loose about 10 pounds.

**This time around, I have been listening to an amazing e-book on will power by a Stanford professor. It truly works. He uses yoga techniques for breathing and getting yourself back in control when you face a craving (like an addict faces a drug or cigarette). I will look up the name if you are interested. Find the reasons you began IP and think about what it has given you: clearer head, smaller body, feeling better, etc.

Good luck to you. There are so many great comments on here to get you through another day!
Hugs on your journey to better health!
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

The way i've been staying 100% on weekends is I treat myself to my favy IP friendly stuff....kale/okra chips, big-mac in a bowl, rhubarb w/various WF syrups. I also have my restricted bars (etc) on the weekends. I look soooooo forward to these couple of days & it keeps me motivated for the next week.
I write down my NSV's - so I can remind myself how far I have come in such a short period of time.
I also told myself, when I started this diet, that cheating is not an option. I love myself enough not to cheat & with each OP choice I make, I become stronger & healthier.
Heitina is offline   Reply With Quote