Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Back from shopping in the US, picked up my box of Nashua alternatives, and carried on to Fort Drum Walmart to get some school snacks for the kiddies. I have decided to use IP products and alternatives for the rest of my journey.....after the slip up I had I just can't stay on IP only price wise. Luckily my clinic is so laid back, I am able to pop in any time to grab my fav things, like the ready to eat vanilla pudding, or the crispie cereal/wild berry drink for pancakes.

Some crazy news....after my huge binging this past weekend.....I am down.....r u ready for it.....15 lbs....omg. Completely embarrassing how badly i slipped up.....for those of you who didnt read my post the other night.....i have some serious issues to work thru and figure out when phase off again.
I am still retaining fluid tho, which started about 3 weeks ago, I can feel it in my legs, and measuring my calves in the am and pm there is a difference. My dr. Thinks it will work it self out, so we'll see.

Have a great night all.....staying OP
Old 09-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hey, Has anyone ever gone out for dinner and ordered something and not quite sure if it was truly 100%? I'm in a reboot and on day 7 of P1. I went to a Peruvian restaurant today and due to a huge language barrier I kept my ordering very simple. I got two pieces of grilled chicken and a chopped salad. Everything was allowable as far as the protein and greens and salad "toppings". The dressing was called "oregano vinaigrette". I don't know if the chicken was marinated or not. My DH thought it just had lemon salt and pepper on it.

Do you think this will mess me up at all if the dressing had anything that wasn't 0.0.0? It was super light (and delicious).

Thanks! Hope this made sense!

Oh and the reason I have to ask is because all during my initial journey of P1 I never went out to eat. Just figured it was easier to avoid restaurants.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #48  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Hey, Has anyone ever gone out for dinner and ordered something and not quite sure if it was truly 100%? I'm in a reboot and on day 7 of P1. I went to a Peruvian restaurant today and due to a huge language barrier I kept my ordering very simple. I got two pieces of grilled chicken and a chopped salad. Everything was allowable as far as the protein and greens and salad "toppings". The dressing was called "oregano vinaigrette". I don't know if the chicken was marinated or not. My DH thought it just had lemon salt and pepper on it.

Do you think this will mess me up at all if the dressing had anything that wasn't 0.0.0? It was super light (and delicious).

Thanks! Hope this made sense!

Oh and the reason I have to ask is because all during my initial journey of P1 I never went out to eat. Just figured it was easier to avoid restaurants.
Unless you had a huge amount of dressing, you should be fine. The vinaigrette may have been made with balsamic vinegar, but there wouldn't be enough to knock you down too far in one salad. Even if you drank it like a cocktail, today is a new day and whatever happened yesterday is done and gone. Clean slate!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Unless you had a huge amount of dressing, you should be fine. The vinaigrette may have been made with balsamic vinegar, but there wouldn't be enough to knock you down too far in one salad. Even if you drank it like a cocktail, today is a new day and whatever happened yesterday is done and gone. Clean slate!
Thanks. I agree that it probably won't do anything, it was a little amount. Thanks for the re-assurance! I'm phasing out Monday. It was DH bd and I couldn't say no to going out. He would have understood BUT I would have felt bad. Well, I'll hope for the best!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #50  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Thanks. I agree that it probably won't do anything, it was a little amount. Thanks for the re-assurance! I'm phasing out Monday. It was DH bd and I couldn't say no to going out. He would have understood BUT I would have felt bad. Well, I'll hope for the best!
No problem I'm sure it was tough being an ethnic restaurant but it sounds like you did fine!

I've been venturing out to eat here and there in Phase 1...Applebees has 2 great options for IP friendly dinners (their 7 or 9 oz steak with steamed spinach and broccoli if they will do it without butter; and the shrimp & spinach salad, double the shrimp and hold the dressing)
Old 09-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #51  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

ok How do i find the lettuce ice cream receipes and other crazy flavors that ive seen on here lately ? with out going thru pages and pages of recipes?
Old 09-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #52  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
ok How do i find the lettuce ice cream receipes and other crazy flavors that ive seen on here lately ? with out going thru pages and pages of recipes?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ie-purees.html

in here
Old 09-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #53  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalFor40 View Post
Here's my $.02-

This plan is based on three main principles- low carb, low fat, low cal. THese three things together make the plan very effective. However, the most important of these is low carb and maintaining ketosis. I do not consider myself a "100%"er because I do occaisionally bend the low fat and low cal rules, knowing that it might have a negative impact on my losses. I feel that ketosis is the one rule that should not be broken, ever.

We know that in order to get optimal results, we should be following plan 100%- you don't need anyone to tell you this. I do my best to do this as much as I can- but for me, an occasional sprinkle of cheese on my eggs is what will keep me from giving up altogether, so it is worth the trade off. An extra 100 calories a few times a week is a fair price to pay. This might mean I am not as disciplined as others, I don't know. This is not a popular notion with many people here and I will probably get blasted for expressing it, but it is what is working for me.

IMHO.
I have been living the same plan as you! Never, never an extra carb, never. But a little cheese, yes, a little extra protein, yes, a little extra milk in coffee yes. And like you, I know I haven't lost the optimal amount I could have, but the trade off is making this program a little easier while still losing an amazing amount of weight. Thanks for making me feel better about my choices!
Old 09-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #54  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Definitely need to get more dehydrator trays! On the 5 hour drive to SA and have already gone through the zuke & kale chips...i got hubby fruit for the road but he still cant stay away from my veggies!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Hi All.....today was WI day...and sad to say I was UP .4 I am trying VERY hard to brush it off...I figured this day would come for me...but keep in mind I do NOT have a TOM due to a hysterectomy 2 yrs ago...so I don't really have a reason per say...I was 100% OP..although last weekend my water intake was lower than usual so maybe that was a factor. C'est La Vie...I will press on and see what next week brings.....(let the pouting commence)....;(
Old 09-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #56  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodster View Post
Hi All.....today was WI day...and sad to say I was UP .4 I am trying VERY hard to brush it off...I figured this day would come for me...but keep in mind I do NOT have a TOM due to a hysterectomy 2 yrs ago...so I don't really have a reason per say...I was 100% OP..although last weekend my water intake was lower than usual so maybe that was a factor. C'est La Vie...I will press on and see what next week brings.....(let the pouting commence)....;(
Sometimes our bodies just fight giving up that weight, for whatever reason. Wuv's journey always keeps me going, she had weeks of no movement on the scale, gained weight for no reason at all, but she has stuck it out and the scale always figures out which direction it's supposed to go! Keep up the good work and KNOW that eventually you will win over your body!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #57  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
No problem I'm sure it was tough being an ethnic restaurant but it sounds like you did fine!

I've been venturing out to eat here and there in Phase 1...Applebees has 2 great options for IP friendly dinners (their 7 or 9 oz steak with steamed spinach and broccoli if they will do it without butter; and the shrimp & spinach salad, double the shrimp and hold the dressing)
Hi! Are you sure the steaks are ok at Applebee's? I was there about a month ago and ordered the steak. I asked them to prepare it without any extras and the server told me that all of their steaks are marinated. They are packaged in it and come like that from the supplier. I was bummed because I really wanted some meat! Hopefully, your Applebee's is different than mine! The salad sounds yummy though!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #58  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Hi! Are you sure the steaks are ok at Applebee's? I was there about a month ago and ordered the steak. I asked them to prepare it without any extras and the server told me that all of their steaks are marinated. They are packaged in it and come like that from the supplier. I was bummed because I really wanted some meat! Hopefully, your Applebee's is different than mine! The salad sounds yummy though!
I haven't had any issues with the steaks, I just tell them to either dry grill or oil grill it, no butter. I've had more of an issue getting plain steamed broccoli!

ADDENDUM - I just found the "official" Applebees nutritional info - the steaks have a bit of sodium in them (from whatever marinade they use) but no unusual fats or carbs. It's probably just a salt marinade, and since we can use salt liberally on IP it wouldn't be an issue.

Last edited by scorbett1103; 09-07-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 183/177/145

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Morning all! Folding more clothes for the too big pile this morning. I know as I start to try on my fall clothes in the closet, most will be swimming on me. Not a bad feeling! "I keep saying just 20 pounds till goal, I can do this".
I marvel at the fab results everyone is having and the gratefulness we feel to at last have found a way to get rid of the fatness. Finally, a diet that really works!
Happy Friday all, and enjoy some fun veggies this weekend!
I feel exactly the same way dizzyjean. I have gone through quite a bit of my closet now and most things are just way too big. What a great feeling!!! I went to a resale store a few days ago and bought a few clothes so I can have something that is not too baggy. Also do not want to spend too much money till I lose all the weight. This diet rocks! I know I will make it to maintenance this time. Bring it on!!!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #60  

I've been busy today, working to stay OP and getting the water in. My 4 year old son started his second year of part time preschool today. He's been watching his big sister go to school (3rd grade) for a few weeks now. The little guy (18 months) didn't know what to do with himself with both of them gone.

Jenn
Closed Thread