Old 08-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #31  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Actually, I have a question about zucc chips- I made them in the oven (set low) and I found that the tastiest ones were the ones that got a little brown in the oven. I am assuming that you would not get the same browness if made in a dehydrator- is that correct?
GoalFor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #32  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
Well, I am back. I had lost tons of weight, went to maintenance in mid December and did well through February but then feel back into habits. Why do I do this to myself. Now after being so good i basically have to start over. And it doesn't help that my coaches sort of feel off the face of the earth when I was phasing off, which is when you need them the most!!!

i have been so depressed, crying daily and mad at myself. So this morning, after getting the day off thanks to unpredictable Isaac I decided to get back into my old IP habit ways. I ordered food and have some alternates to start today.

I am embarrassed and mad at myself but I can't keep punishing myself or I will just keep being miserable. So here I am back at it and I must say i really depended on this site to keep me accountable and I never should have left. I know I can get where I need to be i will just need the most support during phase 4, living the rest of our lives.

I am so proud of all of you for being here and taking care of yourselves!

I had lost myself but now I am back!
Welcome back!!!
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #33  

My thoughts and prayers are with those of you in Isaac's path, be safe!
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #34  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
Good afternoon All. I need some help with the waffles. I purchased an electric princess waffle maker. it makes 5 heart-shaped circular waffles. It opens and closes like a sandwich maker. I have tried 3 times to make waffles and it's been a disaster. The waffle maker was put into the garbage and rescued again because I decided to ask on this forum for directions before I give up on it. My waffle mixture expands too much and sticks to the plates. So, when I open it it's just a mess, running over the edges and stuck to both plates.
Any advice please! I use the pudding packets with eggwhites and baking soda.
Make sure to spray your waffle maker down VERY WELL both before & after you make your waffles (it helps to 'season' it, especially with a NEW waffle iron - they do need some breaking in time at the beginning). I use baking powder, not baking soda. I take 1/3 cup AllWhites Egg Whites, whip them using my immersion blender whisk attachment, add in 2 oz water (no more or else you get 'air waffles'!), pudding packet, and 1/2 tsp Baking Powder and whisk that up together until thoroughly mixed - it makes enough for my 6-waffle maker. You really do need a 'deft' hand and experience with your waffle maker - don't expect it to be perfect out of the box.

A few tips from "Good Baker": http://www.goodbaker.com/hints.html

Too much batter. Only pour in enough batter to cover the lower cooking grid. The batter needs room to expand, or you will get a waffle with a soggy middle.

Improperly seasoned non-stick grids. To season your waffle iron's cooking grids, first clean them thoroughly with a soft dry cloth. Remove any stubborn deposits with gentle soap and water and a cloth or a teflon-safe plastic scrubbing pad. Dry thoroughly, then using a soft cloth, rub a cooking oil that withstands high heat (like canola oil) over the cooking surfaces (do not use olive oil — it can't take the heat). Plug in the iron, and allow it to reach operating temperature. Now you can either start cooking, or let the iron cool and store it until you are ready for your next meal. Do this every time you clean the iron, and your results will improve.

If your waffles aren't nicely browned after 4 minutes of cooking time, then your iron isn't powerful enough. Either return it, or as a last resort, try adding an extra 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder to the mix for each serving — this provides extra lift to compensate for the low heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdnTootsMom View Post
Does anyone know the criteria for exercising?...I read somewhere that you may be required to eat and extra packet/shake after excersing, but some exercise you don't?...If I am doing an hour of cardio, 10 minutes of tae bo, or toning exercises (all on different days, of course...let's not go crazy!)?
ABSOLUTELY take in an extra packet for your cardio - I actually would time my higher intensity exercise to have a restricted ~1-2 hours before and then my main meal soon after. When I did 'lighter' exercise I didn't need to add in a packet, but I did time my afternoon snack to be right before so I had the calories available. Remember that everyone is different, but you should start out low intensity and gauge your body from there - don't expect to be huffing & puffing at pre-IP levels. I had tried to do some running in Phase 1 at a lower intensity and it was a disaster! But I had no problems with my hour long weightlifting class & walking - listen to your body!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
On the weekends I eat my restricted snacks, kale chips, turnup fries, big mac in a bowl, rhubarb w/different WF syrups...all my FAVY'S. Then during the week I have lower carb vegy's and no restricted snacks. I feel like i've TOTALLY indulged and I've stayed OP.
That sounds like a great plan! Actually, reading on the Maintainers Thread and following some of those successful folks it sounds like the same 'blueprint' for success. And what's funny is all of those delicious indulgences on the weekend are 100% OP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Guess I shouldn't have posted this. As soon as my website refreshed, my cell phone rang. See you all later. I'll be busy the next few days.
Thank you so much for your service JWD! Be safe and prayers to you and everyone in the storms path!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I just wanted to poke my head in and let everyone know I am doing ok. I haven't posted in a while. I am in maintenance now and learning how the rest of my life will be. I miss the simplicity of phase 1 and 2. I think I will tend to eat a phase 3 lifestyle most days. Its easy and I feel the best on those days. I feel wonderful and I have recovered completely from my hysterectomy. Exercising again and it feels wonderful. I have my mojo back
I am really loving Phase 3 also! And I too started up high intensity exercise and I feel fantastic! I am amazed at how much EASIER it is now - I had purposely kept myself reigned in on Phase 1 & mostly on Phase 2. I am still learning my limits - but I was able to do a 3.5mile at ~8:50min/mi pace, but actually my last mile was at a sub-8min/mile pace - the fastest I can ever remember going. Mooselover has her mojo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
Well, I am back. I had lost tons of weight, went to maintenance in mid December and did well through February but then feel back into habits. Why do I do this to myself. Now after being so good i basically have to start over. And it doesn't help that my coaches sort of feel off the face of the earth when I was phasing off, which is when you need them the most!!!

I had lost myself but now I am back!
Welcome back - no regrets here - just get back on the IP horse! I am sure you have a ton of new faces to relearn, but we are all in this together. I bet you have a lot of 'lessons learned' for those of us starting out into Maintenance and also the newbies too!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Good morning and happy Monday!

No change for WI#6 due to TOM. But down 1.2% body fat. Yay!
clh99002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #36  
IP Start date 8-11-12

S/C/G: 204/204/125

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone! Nasty weather here! We've been under tornado warnings all morning as several were spotted in the area. I'm on the east coast of Florida, so the tropical storm is moving over us right now. Very scary weather at the moment.

As far as IP, I woke up with some cravings and even though I know I shouldn't, I weighed myself. I am still dropping at a great weight, so it's definitely motivation. I just have to be careful because my cravings can over-rule everything. I'm doing a lot of self-talk today and I'm determined to stay OP!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Week 1 WI: -6.6
Week 2 WI: -2.4
Saradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #37  
IP Newbie

S/C/G: 180/136/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello all!!! So after being on IP for a month I finally gave in to my chocolate craving

I made a cake for my brother and sister-in-law when they came home from the hospital with my new nephew who was in the NICU for a week.....I had a few tastes of the frosting and instantly became so ashamed of myself for giving in!!!

I am the only one to blame for my caving in but still am so upset with myself...BUT...I am getting back on the wagon and going full force back into IP!!!

I am determined to reach my goal and I will achieve it!!!
vwbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #38  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Just back from my WI and down 3.2 lbs. I'll take it as I had no loss last week. My scale showed 2 lbs less than that this morning, oh well.

Prayers to everyone being affected by Isaac.
Beck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #39  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalFor40 View Post
Actually, I have a question about zucc chips- I made them in the oven (set low) and I found that the tastiest ones were the ones that got a little brown in the oven. I am assuming that you would not get the same browness if made in a dehydrator- is that correct?
Yes, I think that's right. Mine don't really get brown - I usually dehydrate them at around 140 degrees, which doesn't really cook them, just sucks the moisture out. They're still darn good, though!!

Can't be sure they wouldn't eventually brown if I left them in there a really long time...
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #40  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalFor40 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Yes, I think that's right. Mine don't really get brown - I usually dehydrate them at around 140 degrees, which doesn't really cook them, just sucks the moisture out. They're still darn good, though!!

Can't be sure they wouldn't eventually brown if I left them in there a really long time...
hmmmm....i had not thought about that!!
lizzy....have you tried them both ways??
which way did you prefer for snacking purposes??
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #41  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Rainbow my love - I have updated the Puree thread with appropriate Ice Cream Notes (and then some...).
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Has anyone had any gall bladder/gallstone issues???

I had a gallstone attack 2 nights ago. I just about went to the ER, but it went away after about 90 minutes. I've never had any issues before. I've been reading conflicting info about low-carb/low-fat diets causing gallstones and losing weight rapidly causing gallstones. I'm not sure what's true!! I did email my doctor, but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks!!
julied31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #43  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Rainbow my love - I have updated the Puree thread with appropriate Ice Cream Notes (and then some...).
thank you darlin'!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #44  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
Has anyone had any gall bladder/gallstone issues???

I had a gallstone attack 2 nights ago. I just about went to the ER, but it went away after about 90 minutes. I've never had any issues before. I've been reading conflicting info about low-carb/low-fat diets causing gallstones and losing weight rapidly causing gallstones. I'm not sure what's true!! I did email my doctor, but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks!!

I have had a small stone for about 15 years. It acts up when I eat a lot of garlic or ice cream. The remedy for me is lots of fiber- before I was on this plan I would drink a large glass of OJ with Benefiber mixed in, always worked. My doctor would prefer I have it taken out, but the last time I had surgery I experienced a lot of complications so I am not willing to do that. It has not bothered me in about a year or so. I might revisit the surgery idea once I am at a normal weight.
GoalFor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

@LizRR. Thanking you loads. I will try again. I wasn't using enough oil, and opening too soon. Looking forward to some waffles.
TwoTots is offline   Reply With Quote