Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
Good morning!

First of all, good luck to Scorbett on your WI today!

Also...thank you, Wingnutandme, for describing your Subway sandwhich. My question was probably silly. What is EOV? Thanks again...very helpful!

Finally, I have a couple of questions for you pros!

1.) Has anyone noticed a faster weight loss when you don't use the restricted foods, but instead use all three nonrestricted IP packets?

2.) What about exercise. I used to workout really hard...P90X baby!! And I've always worked out....generally for 2 hours a day (no kidding...my emotional eating over the past few months made me put on 40 pounds!). Exercise is a part of me. It's been hard to not do anything...my coach advises against it, or has told me to back down to Yoga & Pilates. In all honesty, I was on this program last month & after about 20 days fell off of it because I was so hungry (I was doing P90X, 1 & 1/2 hour workouts...primarily strenght training. I also noticed that I felt somewhat dizzy at times while working out). Any thoughts here? I'm thinking that I should give myself about a 2 to 3 week break...and then gradually add back in some Yoga & Pilates & walking. Maybe save the P90x for a later phase?

I'm sorry to ask those questions, just thought some of you could shed some light. At any rate...good luck to everyone today!
Hi
I exercised my entire time on ip. At one point I was doing p90x in the morning and bootcamp at night, so I understand!

I found that after the first week I had no real issues. Instead of an extra packets I added 2 eggs to my day. If I am extra hungry I eat more meat at dinner, as I usually work out from 6-7 now and eat after. I also found adding a restricted in the afternoon gave me some extra energy.

I worked out like this for years before ip, so my coach was supportive of keeping my fitness level. I maintained my lean muscle mass and have gotten my bodyfat down to 16%. If you are going to exercise intensely than you need to watch this.

I have been maintaining for a year. My diet has evolved so I eat phase 1 weekdays and more lenient, but still fairly low carb on weekends. It is more like a cyclical ketogenic diet, but it works for me...
Old 08-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Sorry-one more comment on exercise.

Studies show are exercise does not help with weight loss. It is all diet. Exercise is really for the final toning, and to feel good. In fact, I found along the way that the more intensely I exercised, the less I lost. Some may have been muscle vs fat, but other hormones come into plan and seem to impact fat burning.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all! Lots of exciting news and WIs here today. I have WI 8 today. I've changed from morning WIs to evenings because unfortunately rhonduz vacation has come to an end and I have to return to school next week. This will be my first evening WI and I'm worried about weight fluctuation throughout the day. When I weighed this morning it looked like I was down 2 maybe 3 pounds. So we will see where I'm at tonight. Good luck to everyone else that has WIs today. Reading your successes, experiences, and recipes is truly the thing that has kept me going and keeps me going!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

This quote has me grinning, so I thought I'd share. Maybe the eff-bomb will *** itself out?!

Everybody gets insecure. Nobody is perfect. So you have two options. You can sit there depressed about every little thing that’s wrong with you and be scared to live your life, or you can embrace who you are and be a motha****in boss. Life is too short to waste dissecting every flaw you have *.
– Timothy DeLaGhetto
Old 08-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #50  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all you IPeeps. I have been very busy this week and haven't been able to post much. Just want you all to know I am still here and reading in the morning. This is my busy week for work, and I haven't been feeling very good by the end of the day. Just really tired. I am ready for this week to be over..... Hope you all have good WI's today.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #51  
Lucky Lady

S/C/G: 212/191.4/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
That's so funny - I was just looking at Couch to 5K programs and checking into downloading podcasts to my ipod! there's a 5K in town in honor of a friend's coworker that my workplace also sponsors so I was thinking about giving it a try. Have you started yet? It would be great to get a thread going and cheer each other on!
I did the Couch to 5K - awesome. I was so proud of myself for completing it. You'll love the program. Stick with it, and don't try to get ahead even if you feel up to it. Resist the temptation.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #52  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Good morning all you IPeeps. I have been very busy this week and haven't been able to post much. Just want you all to know I am still here and reading in the morning. This is my busy week for work, and I haven't been feeling very good by the end of the day. Just really tired. I am ready for this week to be over..... Hope you all have good WI's today.
Hang in there, Moosie-moose! The last time I had surgery, I remember being struck with fact that it took several weeks for me to feel back to normal. And that was only a minor surgery. I think that anasthesia effects us more than we suspect.

Well, you might see me on IPTV at some point. I still haven't heard from my daughters. I can only hope they will be at the airport when I go to pick them up today. So, you might hear of a spectacular murder here in the PNW! And it will be a stunning murder of 2 beautiful sisters. ARAAAAAAARGH!!!!!

I am going to try to keep myself busy this morning. (not pace around and snack) I *was* thinking of popping off to the store to buy several bouquets of flowers to place in the room my oldest 2 share, but...I'm afraid of giving in to to many nice thoughts.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #53  
Lucky Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!!!

its a rainy rainy rainy day here...again....3 days in a row now...rain!! this is hindering my c25k plan!!! i'm excited to be doing my first ever 5k in sept. i can't believe that i am actually going to try a 5k!! i wont be running of course...but i might be jogging and walking and jogging and walking...with maybe some crawling before the end!! haha no matter....i won't quit!!!! woohoo!!! get outside your comfort zone and feel the mission!!!

dance like you're on IP with a MISSION!!
Crawl, walk, jog.. Whatever it takes as long as you can say "I DID THIS" at the end and celebrate your success!

And the next time will be that much easier!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I would be sure to eat an extra packet, watch your electrolytes, be sure to get in your salt, maybe a little extra and extra water too. When we sweat a great deal and don't have enough water, constipation can occur, so that can also be a cause of extra weight hanging around. It will be gone soon.

All, I'm up a tad and no surprise - big C plus not quite perfect on phase 1. Have to be more disciplined about the meals/snacks. It's been a week of eating out, having guests, being in places for 4-8 hours with no access to a bathroom (boat), so I can understand why but yet, that shouldn't be an excuse for eating some of the wrong things - I should have just had water. What I'm glad about is that I'm up .8 of a pound, not more.

I'm also changing my goal weight from 135 to 140. At almost 56, 5'5", currently just about size 6 (8's a little big, some 6's snug), yesterday I noticed a little gauntness and sagging here and there. If I was 20 years younger, I would go down to 130 or 125, but right now, am concerned with the look of the overall physique. Am using argon oil and Jergens body firming cream to tighten my skin (thanks Sewmam for the advice on that - think its working on my arms).

:
I think that is an excellent decision to up your goal a bit. I am older than you and really notice it goes from my face and not my middle. you are doing great.

Pat
Old 08-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #55  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hooray!!! Just got back from WI - I am down another 1.8lbs and lost FIVE INCHES! One inch off my bust, three from my waist and 1 off my hips! SOOOO STOKED!

And I've been shouting the praises of this forum and the awesome food ideas here...my coach wants me to lead the culinary portion of the next open house she has! So now I get to share all of your wonderful recipes and ideas with folks at my center!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Awww...feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osohealthy View Post
I did the Couch to 5K - awesome. I was so proud of myself for completing it. You'll love the program. Stick with it, and don't try to get ahead even if you feel up to it. Resist the temptation.
Thanks! I got the go-ahead from my coach to start it, and a few pointers on eating if it tires me out too much. I'm really excited!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #56  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning to my favorite IP Peeps!!

It seems like everyone is doing well this morning. Congrats to everyone who lost and Good luck to everyone weighing in today.

DivaJen You are awesome girl and you look amazing too!! congrats on hitting that 100 lb mark. I cant wait until the day I am here saying I lost 100 lbs.

Well like I confessed to you guys earlier in the week, I cheated on my vacation. I went and faced the scale last night and I am up by 6 lbs. (Man, the weight sure comes on fast huh). I am totally OP now and I am hoping to lose the whole 6, maybe even more at my next WI.

My office has it so cold in here, that I am sitting at my desk with my Saints snuggie on. Everyone passing my office is laughing at me.

Kids start school tomorrow. It's is so very bittersweet. I am not ready to have to wake them up and get them ready and I am definitely not ready for homework each night. UGHHHH!!!! Guess I better get myself into the new routine.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Good Morning to my favorite IP Peeps!!

It seems like everyone is doing well this morning. Congrats to everyone who lost and Good luck to everyone weighing in today.

DivaJen You are awesome girl and you look amazing too!! congrats on hitting that 100 lb mark. I cant wait until the day I am here saying I lost 100 lbs.

Well like I confessed to you guys earlier in the week, I cheated on my vacation. I went and faced the scale last night and I am up by 6 lbs. (Man, the weight sure comes on fast huh). I am totally OP now and I am hoping to lose the whole 6, maybe even more at my next WI.

My office has it so cold in here, that I am sitting at my desk with my Saints snuggie on. Everyone passing my office is laughing at me.

Kids start school tomorrow. It's is so very bittersweet. I am not ready to have to wake them up and get them ready and I am definitely not ready for homework each night. UGHHHH!!!! Guess I better get myself into the new routine.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Go Saints and Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #58  
Lucky Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i know what you mean!!! steady wins this protocol!!! its not about how fast, its about being consistent!! being consistent will bring about a lifetime commitment in my opinion!! i have NO doubt you will reach your goal by Christmas and what a way to celebrate the new year!!! woohoo!!!

its funny...i STARTED with alternatives for the first 6-7 weeks, while i saved my $'s.... then slowly added in IP packets!! I have not been successful in finding a good alternative to the potato puree and crepe mixes!! this chic has got to get her "bread" fix haha i love my burger and bun every week!!! i love having a ham "sandwich"!!! i love how versatile this protocol is...its much easier eating out, its much easier to make for 1, its just much easier in my opinion that any other diet i have tried. its the first time i have ever looked beyond the fat...to see what other reason besides just enjoying good food was keeping me from losing weight. i am excited to see this plan working and so excited to see others reaching their goals and keeping it off!!!...if we think its hard NOW...the hard part hasn't even started!!! we can do this!! we are strong!!!
You answered my question about the Potato Puree and Crepe mix I figured if anyone would have figured this out it would have been you...

Guess I'll have to figure out a way to get my hands on some IP products!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #59  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

[QUOTE=scorbett1103;4431325]Hooray!!! Just got back from WI - I am down another 1.8lbs and lost FIVE INCHES! One inch off my bust, three from my waist and 1 off my hips! SOOOO STOKED!

Woohoo - I'm so excited for you, you're doing awesome!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #60  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Go Saints and Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drop in and say HI here.... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...men-ip-24.html
Closed Thread