Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #136  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedEnough View Post
Down 4.6 lbs and 2.5 iches! I'll take it! I lost 3/4 inch off my behind!! Now THAT's motivating!
Awesome!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #137  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
....coming through customs, the border agent asked me for secondary identification after looking at my passport! He didn't believe the picture was me!

Now that is inspiring! WTG!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #138  
Started IP August 2, 2012

S/C/G: S/C/G 171/162.5/135

Default Wow!

Quote:
Hi all! Hellloooooo from Vegas!

Congrats on some great losses, and a huge welcome to the newbies. I hope you find this place as supportive, valuable, and wonderful as I have!

My funny story for the day - coming through customs, the border agent asked me for secondary identification after looking at my passport! He didn't believe the picture was me! Too funny. I stumbled a bit then pulled out my driver's license and said 'oh - all my pictures look the same. I've recently lost 100lbs.' It never gets old saying that, btw.

He nodded and said that made sense, and congratulated me. Told me that I should be very proud. And that when I get back, the first thing I should do is get a whole new set of IDs done. hehehe.

Hope everyone has a fantastic rest of the Wednesday and that tomorrow's great too!
Thats Awesome!! What a wonderful success to celebrate!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Hey all! I have a question this has happened to me twice now at suppertime so I am not sure what to do. I planned out my dinner as a IPer should... I made Taco meat for the family using Extra Lean Ground Beef (browned and rinsed under hot water for good measure), I had 6oz of ground beef in 4 lettuce wraps and measured out 2 cups of cooked broccoli and cauliflower to have with it. I ate my wraps but only about a cup of the veggies before I was FULL. So how do I get my veggies in now? I don't think its a good idea to force them down...

What do you think?
I find the same thing. Wait for a bit and see if you can finish later.
My experience is that a little extra fat is a good thing on ip. I wouldn't rinse the ground beef next time. It help with the big c and most recent research is showing fat does not make us fat....just an opinion...
Old 08-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 180/141.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Smile 2 weeks OP!!

All right, I've made it so far.

AND feeling good!! Yay, my WI today was -3.5lbs!! I am totally happy with how things are going, and still feeling confident for the next week.

Again, thank you to everyone, Reading through the posts definitely helps, the support is so apparent. Have a great week.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Wow...CONGRATULATIONS on all of your successes today! So many of you lost the pounds! :-)

I want to thank you for your tips today...Subway, exercise, restrictive/nonrestrictive foods. I really appreciate it! Tomorrow I have my week 1 weigh in (although I just started the program on Sunday...so my first week wll only consist of 4 1/2 days). I certainly hope that I will have the luck that all of you had! Today I did ok...100% IP, no cheats except for that extra packet mid afternoon (I took advantage of one of the extra allowed during week 1).

Thanks again!! :-)
Old 08-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #142  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

IPTV! You flatter me - who knew throwing a bunch of veggies in a blender could be so good! And I'm about to make some flyers for our MIAs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassyc1979 View Post
In Breckinridge. Not looking forward to the Austin air tomorrow.
I had to do emergency Alternatives in Colorado over Memorial Day - SO THANKFUL for EAS Carb Control shakes and Pure Protein Bars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
So excited - I just placed an order for a bunch of Walden Farms stuff online! I also ordered a bag of Miracle Noodles, I figured they were at least worth trying once .

I had a little prize on my doorstep when I got home from WI today (NOT the missing pounds!!!) - a pair of VERY hot heels I ordered from Shoedazzle...sort of my "when I'm skinnier and stronger" shoes! I'll see if I can post a pic when I get home from work
I have not only bought a new wardrobe - but 7 pairs of 4" espadrilles (yes, SEVEN) - now that I can actually wear and walk in them with no pain or discomfort!

Quote:
Hey all! I have a question this has happened to me twice now at suppertime so I am not sure what to do. I planned out my dinner as a IPer should... I made Taco meat for the family using Extra Lean Ground Beef (browned and rinsed under hot water for good measure), I had 6oz of ground beef in 4 lettuce wraps and measured out 2 cups of cooked broccoli and cauliflower to have with it. I ate my wraps but only about a cup of the veggies before I was FULL. So how do I get my veggies in now? I don't think its a good idea to force them down...
I would split out my veggies (as others have advised). You can have them later if you need. Look at your day and when you are hungriest if you want to 'shuffle' them around. I actually have 1c @ 8am-breakfast, 1c @ 12pm-lunch, and 2c @ 8pm-dinner. Sometimes if the afternoon hunger hits I'll split the dinner veggies and add 1c @ 4pm-snack.

Quote:

Congrats on some great losses, and a huge welcome to the newbies. I hope you find this place as supportive, valuable, and wonderful as I have!

My funny story for the day - coming through customs, the border agent asked me for secondary identification after looking at my passport! He didn't believe the picture was me! Too funny. I stumbled a bit then pulled out my driver's license and said 'oh - all my pictures look the same. I've recently lost 100lbs.' It never gets old saying that, btw.

He nodded and said that made sense, and congratulated me. Told me that I should be very proud. And that when I get back, the first thing I should do is get a whole new set of IDs done. hehehe.

Hope everyone has a fantastic rest of the Wednesday and that tomorrow's great too!
WHAT A GREAT STORY!!!! That is awesome! And a good idea too - probably a good idea for all folks in the Century Club! And CUTE PURSE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
Dancing is something i wish I could do! I am not really a runner, to be honest. Always hated it. But it as my quiet time. No phones, no people (i train alone) and just time to either figure some things out, or enjoy my neighborhood. It has become therapy for me. I have come to love the time spent more than the exercise itself. And the medals when you finish arent too bad either.
I started up slow jogging now in Phase 2 and missed it soooo much! I'm doing ~2.5mi a ~11min/mi pace. I plan on bumping it up in speed and distance in Phase 3 when the glycogen stores get filled up and I got the high intensity okay. I am a former fat runner - my last race was the San Antonio Half Marathon the day before I found out I was 4 weeks pregnant back in Nov 2009. It would be great to do that race again this year!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #143  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Hi [B]carcammom[B] -- haven't seen you here for awhile. Looks like you are doing great with your losses, and I guess you back in school. I start back next week. I'm worried about getting veggies in when back in school but I'm gonn try some of LizzRR's puréed veggies to mis with stuff! Hope you've had a great start and wish me the same!!!
Hi! Yep, I started back to school last week....argh...it's been rough. I think I've spent most of the time just running back and forth to the bathroom! I agree, eating and drinking this often is going to be a challenge. Time just flies and I am going to have to force myself to stop and drink/eat. Funny thing about veggies....I had a bag of green peppers that I was munching on yesterday afternoon. I lost them somewhere between my office and the bookroom! Still couldn't find them today!! Whoooaaaaa....it's gonna be a crazy ride!!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #144  

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Lots of great losses today! Congratulations to all of you! And a big WELCOME to the newbies!
I'm glad to see recommendations for firming up the loose skin. Will certainly give them a try.
Surgery went well this morning. Kinda freaked me out when he used the 'hammer & chisel' to remove some of the bone on my bunion, then took the 'sander' to it! LOL. (I only had a local for the whole procedure, so was awake and aware of what he was doing.) Glad I took my scales, discovered the cast weighs about 2 1/2 lbs.

I'd never heard of C25k, and the idea intrigues me. Am hopeful this foot will be good enough for me to consider it next year. If this works out, I may be able to walk the Mackinac Bridge again on Labor Day next year too! This is an annual event here in MI, and draws thousands of people. It is the only time pedestrians are allowed on the 5 mile long suspension bridge.

Have a great OP evening!
I wish you a speedy recovery!!! Keep plugging along, you have done AMAZING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieluver View Post
I need to make this list a daily routine ... it reminds me to STAY on the program!! Personal stress has been creating major issues with me (which is how I ended up in trouble in the first place!!). I have been really good about staying with IP foods, but I have "cheated" with an extra IP ... don't know if it is stress, raging hormones, working outside ... but I need to come here and read success stories to remind me of why I must FOLLOW the program! No matter what "old ghosts" have come to haunt me !!!
I ask myself: What would the OLD ME do? And do the opposite. When it comes to food and emotional eating that is!

Quote:

YOU ARE AMAZING. TOTALLY. When I reach 100lbs, DH is sending me and my sisters to Vegas!! I've never been there, so make note of your favourite things and let me know! Have an awesome time, you deserve it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post
Rainbowsmiles - made your english muffin out of the crepe tonight to have with my burger.....OMG, I felt like I was cheating. It felt good to pick up my burger and eat it like that instead of with a fork. I used one of those small omelet pans where the cover locks and you just flip it over on the stove. Worked great!

Had my WI tonight and was down a pound and 2 inches. Been having major stomach aches this week and was very glad for the loss. Hopefully, I can go back and read the posts before I fall asleep...another one of those days!
Hope your tummy feels better soon! Great job with your losses!!! Your new pictures look AMAZING!!! You are doing so great, you look awesome!! I am going to try rainbow's burger buns really soon!!! They look awesome!!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #145  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:

What a great NSV!! Must feel great! I'm leaving for Vegas on the 21st...I LOVE VEGAS! Have a great time!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:19 AM   #146  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Sooooo....here's a picture of my new shoes....now I just need a dress to wear them with!
Attached Images
File Type: gif DSC04487.gif (38.7 KB, 26 views)
Old 08-09-2012, 12:47 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 297/297/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Sooooo....here's a picture of my new shoes....now I just need a dress to wear them with!
Those shoes are so adorable!! Congratulations on your WI today!! This plan really works!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:14 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Great quote - its largely how I live my life - want a life with no regrets.

Yes, but Wingnut beat me to the answer!

Hi all,
I spent my first 2 months on IP products 100% in 2010 and then gained it back with life changes and easy, poor choices. In 2012 started again, doing alternatives 90%, lost an identical amt in the first 2 months. I use Nashua, same brands as my friend, Wingnut.

Favorites: Proti-Thin Cream of Vegetable soup, Proti-Diet Pea Soup, Proti-Diet pancake mix, Proti-Diet oatmeal (note maple brown sugar has maybe 7 carbs making it unrestricted unlike the IP version), I make eight 2 oz. white turkey meat burgers from 1 pound of ground turkey breast once a week and freeze them in a zip lock bag and hard boil a couple of eggs to keep in the fridge. I use Miracle Noodles (fettucine) every day for lunch – usually with soup and veggies so have a “pasta primavera” of sorts. Buy Miracle Noodles (0,0,0,) from www.iherb.com , free S&H over $20.00 plus also get my flavored stevia from them for my coffee and flavoring my vanilla pudding (stevia: English toffee, chocolate, vanilla crème, hazelnut, etc – I have all of them). Because I exercise 5 X week (2 X with weights, 3X Power plate plus dog walking) I at times, will add a 2 oz turkey patty at lunch and then have 6 oz. protein at dinner. Meanwhile I’m drinking 30 ounce tumblers of Mio flavored water (drink 4/day). I use a lot of Waldon Farms products and have to buy some of them online since don’t have the full array locally (www.netrition.com, flat $4.95 S&H). I put spinach in my milkshakes with ice cubes to extend them and get more veggies in. Use Proti-Thin vanilla and chocolate drinks but also the gnc Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein powder mentioned earlier. The Proti-Thin packets are handy to travel with so keep them for that.
Re IP, love the broc cheese soup, so that is the one product I buy from them. Their drinks and puddings are good, but hard to spend 5X more than what it costs to buy in bulk from GNC (Optimum Nutrition protein powder – buy on sale –so $.75/serving.)
One thing I noticed is the Proti-Thin and Proti-DIET products mix better with water than IP.
thanks so much!!!

Closed Thread