Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veroli View Post
I am taking the Omega, multivitamin, anti oxy, enzymes... do you recommend to add the biotin? or is is too much?
I don't take the enzymes, but I think the biotin is worth it. It seems to be one of the "hot" supplements these days - Dr. Oz probably did a segment on it. LOL!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Had the potato purée made into mini muffins today - I thought they tasted so good and DS thought they were gross - made me laugh - guess my definition of delicious has changed a bit
Old 07-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Soooooooooo hard to come back, haven't mastered the "comeback" yet. When I did IP for 5 months with not one cheat, I phased off and intended to get back at it 8 months now. Stay the course if at all possible!
Thanks for the advice - that's my fear - so staying the course.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #79  
Veroli

S/C/G: 168/136/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanibelover View Post
I don't take the enzymes, but I think the biotin is worth it. It seems to be one of the "hot" supplements these days - Dr. Oz probably did a segment on it. LOL!
Thank you. I will get them for sure.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #80  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Thanks for helping me with my many senior moments (it's tough getting old). I had forgotten about her almost passing out. LOL It happening at all at our age is something, let alone almost passing out.

Molly
Yeah I'm with you. Even good is not that good around here. Passing out! Man oh man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Which ones did you get? I'm not as worried about the multivitamin, it's the K-Cal and the Cal-Mag that I want to make sure i get the dosing right.
I will check.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I wonder if they'd come out crispier if they are baked on a grid instead of flat on the baking sheet? I do that with homemade chicken nuggets and fish sticks to get both sides baked without having to flip them.
I'm soooo excited!!! I bought an Actifry today on sale!!! I am going to try making a ton of IP recipes in it, starting with my rutabaga fries!! Tonight the DH and kids had dry ribs made in it and holy cow they looked awesome!!! I enjoyed my greek salad with a grilled chicken breast!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:58 PM   #82  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Busy Saturday, my family left this morning back for San Antonio, and my aunt & uncle (dads brother) just came to town to visit my cousin (who just moved to Plano), so it was great to have "the clan" together for breakfast. At the cafe i noticed some bumps on my son, so we hit up the Dr. to make sure it wasn't chicken pox, prognosis: bug bites/paranoid mom.

Then I got to run around doing mall errands and grocery shopping! I had a 3 egg white omelet for breakfast and had a 2 egg white recipe at snack...i believe "the math" works out to be a protein for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I am so happy for you. I know we started this about the same time. Looks like we might finish about the same time too Isn't it nice to see your real "shape" take place!!! I love my arms now!!!
Oh man, I was just telling hubby about my awesome arms...I can see muscle definition now! I knew it was there somewhere under all that fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post

Molly and Wingnut are the new Cookie Monsters! Go Molly. I was going to suggest earlier that baking cookies would help with your pain management. But seems like you guys already figured that out.
You are such a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Congrats on the downsize in clothes and weight. It is a great feeling and it has only just begun. Keep going.

Love Coach purses too!!!
Ooh yeah, a coach purse will fit you throughout the whole journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
WOO HOO!!! I finished my closet and dresser. Got rid of 6 bags of clothes. I kept a few of the big shirts as they look cute now with a belt and leggings. Who would have thought I would wear a belt? Definitely not me!

Feel so good right now...gonna shower and maybe put an outfit together. Just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the NSV!
It's crazy to see your closet empty out! Congrats on the NSV! That is such a great feeling...so cathartic to dump out the old stuff.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #83  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

So I bought GNC Mega Men multivitamin

GNC triple strength fish oil

Be balanced calcium chews. There is 3 carbs 2 from sugar. I saw that and went with it anyway.

GNC potassium & magnesium 250 mg of each. I think the IP dose
was 600 mg for 4 pills. I took two of the GNC .

Last edited by usmcvet; 07-28-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #84  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I'm soooo excited!!! I bought an Actifry today on sale!!! I am going to try making a ton of IP recipes in it, starting with my rutabaga fries!! Tonight the DH and kids had dry ribs made in it and holy cow they looked awesome!!! I enjoyed my greek salad with a grilled chicken breast!
That sounds unbelievably good. I had to look up Actifry...now I have to make room on my counter for another appliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
So I bought GNC Mega Men multivitamin

GNC triple strength fish oil

Behbalanced calcium chews. There is 3 carbs 2 from sugar. I saw that and went with it anyway.

GNC potassium f magnesium 250 mg of each. I think the IP dose was 600 mg. I might need to reevaluate that one.
Thanks! I'll take a second look at the bottles when I get home from work too, and I will have to take a trip to the local nutrition store to see what they suggest.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #85  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satobb View Post
I got the recipe off of allrecipes.com. I skipped the parm cheese obviously and used olive oil in place of veg. Oil. Basically I cut the turnips pretty thin (like fries) sprayed with olive oil ,sprinkled garlic and then sea salt. Broiled them for about 30 min. Just let them get brown and crispy ish. They were awesome! And I am a very picky eater! I have done the same thing with zucchini the last 2 days and they are good as well although if you don't cut them thin enough they get mushy.

Good luck!
Hi...question for you ...what do you use to spray your olive oil? Did you just buy any type of spray bottle or does it have to be something specifically for oil?
Old 07-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #86  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Ok....someone needs to fill me in because I am missing something big here...(it's not cookie baking! Took me awhile on that one, but finally caught on)....what is the deal with the actifry? I've looked it up and it seems similiar to a George Foreman grill, but I'm sure it is more than that....what's so cool about it?? I don't even really know what it is, but find I want one because every else is getting one!!
Old 07-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Sitting at the listening to 5 - 9 yr old girls giggling their heads off.

I ate a whole lot of extra meat today.....really challenging TOM and having this party with the pizza and chips and cake has been hard. I was putting away the left over pizza and there was one sliver piece......I almost gobbled it......so close, felt that uncontrollable feeling come over me. I quickly put it in the fridge and shut it. I hope the extra meat I have eaten (like a lot) will not make me go up the three lbs I lost. Normally if I felt that hungry I would just go to the gym....but I was trapped by birthday girls:s. I couldn't leave. Hoping for a better day tomorrow and definately a trip to the gym!

Night all
Old 07-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Hi...question for you ...what do you use to spray your olive oil? Did you just buy any type of spray bottle or does it have to be something specifically for oil?

I just buy like PAM but olive oil instead of the original. In Canada we have the pampered chef which sells higher quality... I guess cook wear and such....(not sure if it is world wide lol) they have a bottle pump which turns olive oil into an aerosol, but I found it leaked a lot and made a mess.
Before starting IP I didn't cook much at all, so spices and such are all new to me.

Not sure if this has helped or not!
Old 07-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I peel my rutabaga first, cut into fry shapes and par boil for about 5 mins. Drain and let cool a bit. Spread on parchment lined cookie sheet, drizzle EVOO and add salt and spices. Bake and keep turning. They aren't like normal fries. They are softer. But oh so good!!!

just wanted to say-You've got collar bones!!!!!
Be careful, that happened to be in the winter and each time I reached to straighten a collar I was shocked and thought I'd stabbed myself!

Pat
Old 07-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #90  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post

CarMom- I actually have a specific bottle that i bought from a Home Hardware store in the kitchen section...You put the olive oil in this bottle...screw the spray top on and then screw the pump on...You then pump the bottle up a couple times and then spray...It works like a can of PAM would..only no aerosol and you add the olive oil yourself..If you use a regular ordinary spray bottle like they have in hair salons..it will get plugged and it wont come out properly...

Mine is called the "Olive Mister".
Closed Thread