Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Hi!
  • I completely maintained today.
  • I lost no weight
  • Lost no inches
  • BFI same as last week, exactly.

My coach is dumbfounded, because I have been 100%

So she said she wants me to mix things up a little,
  • have a bar for breakfast 2 times during the week.
  • I plan to nix the Splenda.
  • Mix the iceberg and the Romain lettuces,
and see how it goes.

I am actually pretty happy because I can wear 2 sizes lower. And I know if I just keep gong 100%, it will eventually all come off.
How long have you been on the program? Can you list a simple day menu so we can look at it and make a few suggestion perhaps? Flatline is a good thing, of course we want to see something move but it happens. Hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Hello everyone! I am back from vacation and weighed this morning and lost 5 pounds! Woot woot! That is why I stay 100% OP, even on vacation!

I went to a wedding and saw so many people I havent seen in a long time so it was very fun shocking everyone with my 70 pound weight loss!

It sounds like everyone else is doing well, I am sure I have missed bunches but that is what vacation is all about.

Have a great day!
WOW 70lbs already???......I remember when you first started!!...Congrats on staying 100% OP while on vacation, it pays to say focused doesn't it?
Old 07-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4391316]How long have you been on the program? Can you list a simple day menu so we can look at it and make a few suggestion perhaps? Flatline is a good thing, of course we want to see something move but it happens. Hang in there

I have been OP for 5 weeks and have lost 14 pounds

I have an IP pudding for BF, and usually an IP omlett or soup with veggies such as mushrooms, zuccini and celery (2cups measured faithfully). I use 1 -2 Tbs olive oil to sauté the veggies. Use 1/2 t sea salt with it. Dinner is a protein source, 6 oz chicken or turkey cuttlette, maybe steak once per week. I weigh this as well. No skin or bone.
I have 2 cups veggies and some lettuce, too, sometimes with WF salad dressing.

Used a great recipe for fried rice I found here using cawluflower. Super good, but had garlic and soy sauce...could that have thrown me off? I made it twice in a row for dinner.

Snack is at 7:00 p.m. And is a chocolate pudding.

I drink at least 64 oz of water a day. Sometimes I use Splenda, which I am now going to cut out.

Last edited by Delgen; 07-02-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #33  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
.I said nope can't have it and don't want it I'll keep drinking my water! THEN they go into the Candy store to get candy, pralines AND Caramel apples so I put a piece of gum in my mouth while I am waiting for them outside cuz I KNEW they were going to ask if I wanted some. I was right...when they came out they were like YOU GOTTA TASTE THIS....I said no thanks I just put a piece of gum in my mouth. Steven looks at me, rolls his eyes and lips to me....MOM I am sorry....I just smiled, winked at him and said I got this...he said OH I KNOW you do....lol...it was a good time but I was glad to come home
Way to go Lisa! I love how much easier it gets to say no to food. You have a wonderful son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Hey all... Made of though another weekend... Tomorrow makes the 11 month mark... Can't believe I've made it this far... Looking forward to see what the next couple of months will bring... I'm glad the weather is warmer... Definitely makes it easier to drink all this water
Congrats on making it to the 11 month mark! I'm so happy that the scale is moving for you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
As far as IP goes, I do beleive I have figured out my problem...or one of my problems regarding slow losses. I for sure was out of ketosis (not sure how) but the last 2 days have been he!!, headaches, and all the crap from week one, but down 3 pounds in the last week, so it appears I screwed something up, but dont know what...
I'm happy that you figured out what the problem was. I hope you figure out what knocked you out of ketosis. You might check the labels of your spices for sugar. I was using a spice blend when I first started that had sugar in it. Have a great vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
According to my gym scale, I am down 3 lbs from last week. (I weigh in on both on weigh in day....just in case I need a sneak peeek.) I sure hope that I can pull off a 3lb loss this week. Tom is still lurking in the shadows and today I feel nauseaus and I have a CRAZY, LONG, STRESSFUL day to pull off.........With this said, I am going to make today a GREAT day!!
I'm right there with you. TOM is lurking and making me crave chocolate. This week I bought cookies n cream bars and chocolate drink mix from my clinic, and I'll probably have a Carmel nut bar for breakfast tomorrow. I love that IP gives me OP options to feed the chocolate Jones...

Quote:
Hello everyone! I am back from vacation and weighed this morning and lost 5 pounds! Woot woot!
Yippe! That's a fantastic loss.

I had my WI today. I was down 2.6 for 95+ pounds. I'm so ready to reach 100! I was whining to my coach about how I miss my 3 pound loss weeks, and she said I could cut out restricteds if I want to change things up. I thought about it and told her that I wasn't going to change anything. I'm just getting impatient because I'm so close to goal. IP has been working for me, and I like having my bar for breakfast. Why fix what isn't broken?
Old 07-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #34  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=Delgen;4391332]
Quote:
How long have you been on the program? Can you list a simple day menu so we can look at it and make a few suggestion perhaps? Flatline is a good thing, of course we want to see something move but it happens. Hang in there

I have an IP pudding for BF, and usually an IP omlett or soup with veggies such as mushrooms, zuccini and celery (2cups measured faithfully). I use 1 -2 Tbs olive oil to sauté the veggies. Use 1/2 t sea salt with it. Dinner is a protein source, 6 oz chicken or turkey cuttlette, maybe steak once per week. I weigh this as well. No skin or bone.

Used a great recipe for fried rice I found here using cawluflower. Super good, but had garlic and soy sauce...could that have thrown me off? I made it twice in a row for dinner.

I drink at least 64 oz of water a day. Sometimes I use Splenda, which I am now going to cut out.
Try eating 8 oz of protein for dinner. We're you using low-sodium soy sauce? That might have thrown you off.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

[QUOTE=Delgen;4391332]
Quote:

If you are using your oil allotment to cook you are likely not getting it all in as some is left in the pan. Your plan looks very low in fat. You need some fat to lose fat.
I did the same thing and stalled for a long time. Then I noticed I only lost when I ate out and I put olive oil on my salad when I ate out. So I started to measure out my olive oil and add it to my large daily salad. I also added more beef, I was using all fish and chicken breast for my protein. My losses picked up again when I did these two things.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #36  

[QUOTE=SewingMomma;4391347]
Quote:

Try eating 8 oz of protein for dinner. We're you using low-sodium soy sauce? That might have thrown you off.
Good idea. I was down on muscle mass 2 weeks ago, so that could be it.

Also, it was low sodium soy sauce.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #37  

[QUOTE=SewingMomma;4391347]
Quote:

[QUOTE=patns;4391477]
Quote:

If you are using your oil allotment to cook you are likely not getting it all in as some is left in the pan. Your plan looks very low in fat. You need some fat to lose fat.
I did the same thing and stalled for a long time. Then I noticed I only lost when I ate out and I put olive oil on my salad when I ate out. So I started to measure out my olive oil and add it to my large daily salad. I also added more beef, I was using all fish and chicken breast for my protein. My losses picked up again when I did these two things.
Hmm. That is interesting. I have beef once a week, and will add more, and check that oil as well.
It seems counterintuitive...my diet history

Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Rainbowsmiles!!! Welcome home beautiful woman! I missed you and am so very proud of you. You did it!!! Not only did you do it but you did it fabulous!

I am very happy you made it back safe and sound!
Old 07-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #39  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

[QUOTE=Delgen;4391332]
Quote:

I was going to say the exact same thing as Sewing momma and Patns....up to 8oz and make sure you are getting your olive oil
Old 07-03-2012, 05:44 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

KitKat--so glad to see your beautiful face! Moms. All I can say is ya gotta love 'em! Mine passed away several years ago, so now I miss all the things that used to drive me crazy--which was most everything!! You know that IP is working for you and you have the support of everyone on the board, so don't forget to come here for diet support and let mom have her say while just shaking your head and smiling!!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:53 AM   #41  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning you all

Today I am off to Bj's Club to pick up hot dogs, burgers, snacks, waters & soda for 225 people. (While I am there I will pick up tons of powerade zero & EAS shakes). Our party is a week from Saturday, so it is going to get really crazy around here starting next week. The only thing I am sweating is the weather.. please.. NO RAIN!

And tonight I am going to the live taping of Americas got talent.. should be fun, I have never been to a live taping of a tv show before.

Have a great day everybody.

Last edited by Cadu; 07-03-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #42  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good morning you all

Today I am off to Bj's Club to pick up hot dogs, burgers, snacks, waters & soda for 225 people. (While I am there I will pick up tons of powerade zero & EAS shakes). Our party is a week from Saturday, so it is going to get really crazy around here starting next week. The only thing I am sweating is the weather.. please.. NO RAIN!

And tonight I am going to the live taping of Americas got talent.. should be fun, I have never been to a live taping of a tv show before.

Have a great day everybody.
Carol,

wow, have fun at the live taping, that sounds like a real good time in the making. Glad to have you back on the boards
Old 07-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #43  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all, I have been trying to upload a new picture and I'm catching heck, I did it with my current avatar, why cannot I do it again arrrugh! This is so frustrating to keep seeing the "file upload failed" message

Here is hoping that everyone has an OP day today, stay cool and hydrated. BTW, where is Vet??
Old 07-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Wuv - I can't believe how time flies either! I feel like a new person and it really has been only 6 months. If you would have told me last december that I would feel this good and loosing 70 lbs would be this easy and quick I would have thought you were trying to sell me the Brooklyn Bridge! But I really do think that this forum has inspired me and you play such an amazing role in it all! Thank you!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #45  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i had a similar long 4 day weekend out of town and am soooo glad that it is over and i am back home in my safe little surroundings!!! IT WAS THE HARDEST 4 DAYS since i started this!!! i was surrounded by family who never even noticed that i had lost 48 pounds since the last time they saw me, not one person said anything to me.....everyone here in this thread WOULD DO THIS....So wipe your eyes and put on your big girl panties and get back out there and JUST DO IT TOO!!!....so that's what i did!! but i sure am glad to be back home away from all that!!
Rainbow, My heart goes out to you on this one. Family gatherings can be hard sometimes anyway, but you are absolutely right! Everyone on this thread would notice and support you. You are a strong, courageous, and kind soul and in going through this experience you are becoming even stronger! My feeling is that they noticed (how could they not notice that 48 pounds were missing....) but chose not to call attention to it. Sometimes we need to tell them what we need. But also know that you know it within yourself.

Quote:
We parked on the river, walked to the french market, then down to Bourbon St then back to the river. ... They were all drinking, I had my bottle of water (1 liter) the GF's mom said what do you want to drink? I said nothing I have my water .....I said no thanks I just put a piece of gum in my mouth. Steven looks at me, rolls his eyes and lips to me....MOM I am sorry....I just smiled, winked at him and said I got this...he said OH I KNOW you do....lol...it was a good time but I was glad to come home
Yay, New Orleans! I bet you had an "inner wink" moment there. I also found that it's easier to stay on this diet 100%, because of the results and because we know that any little thing may throw it all off. You did great, here, wuv!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
NSV: Been shopping in my closet, amazing that I have another whole wardrobe since I dropped sizes (do we women ever get rid of too small clothes?)... It all still feels sureal to be losing at the rate I am being a 59 yr old post menopausal woman

Have a happy Monday all
I try on my "next size clothes" almost every day. Each day they are a little more loose. One more week and I'm into the next size! Yes, (also Dana) I hear you on the post-menopausal, etc. Hmmm, but you mean HOT post-meopausal woman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Was it sliced fresh or did it come from a package? Often times the packaged meat will have added sugar and nitrates. Don't worry about it too much as we sometimes get into situations that we just have to make it work, and this was one of them. Have a great day everyone...
That's exactly what my coach said this morning when I asked her.

Congratulations on your 94 pound loss! That's amazing! What an inspiration you are!

Quote:
Hello everyone! I am back from vacation and weighed this morning and lost 5 pounds! Woot woot! That is why I stay 100% OP, even on vacation!

I went to a wedding and saw so many people I havent seen in a long time so it was very fun shocking everyone with my 70 pound weight loss!
!
Wow, 70 pounds! And 5 more on vacation! That's great! I just got back from 10 days away and stayed on 100% also. It's challenging, but very doable!

Getting ready for my WI in an hour. This will be my Week 2 and 3 WI, even though I had an unofficial WI last week at the twins' pediatrician.

Question for everyone: I wake up early and full of energy on this program. But at night I get so tired I literally fall into bed. Any thoughts on this? Anyone else extremely tired at night?

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Closed Thread