Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
I had a child come up to me at and give me a HUGE hug.....he squeezed me as tight as he could, with all the strength his little 6 year old body could muster. He then said, "Mrs. Amato, you are beautiful. You know your back? Well it is almost not as fat anymore. All those "bubbles" are gone."

That is funny and very sweet. I taught grade 1 for many years. I was going up 3 flights of stairs in a school that is over 100 years old. People must have been in great shape in those days because the stairs are very steep. This was several years ago when I weighed about 60 pounds more than now.

The 6 year old with me zoomed up like a mountain goat and was waiting at the top and was concerned that I was slower. With great sincerity he said that it was much harder for me to get up the stairs and asked if Iwas fat. I said well yes but as a person gets older parts of your body don't work as well and one of my knees didn't work as well as his did.

So he said; "So that's the problem! You are old and you are fat!"

I had to laugh to laugh because it was the truth and he was honestly trying to figure out a solution to my problem.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 07-04-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #107  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
I know what you mean, but I would have eaten dogchit if I knew it would work this well. Sure glad I didnt have to...but have even come to enjoy some veggies now.
You would have thought that's what was on her plate by the faces being made. Even hubby commented that it wasn't poisonous puffer fish, only vegetables!

I guess I have come a long way, since I LOVE my veggies so much now!

Last edited by LizRR; 07-04-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #108  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

I hope that everyone had a great 4th! We had a BBQ and invited some friends over. A good time was had by all. Of course I stayed 100% OP.

I did a bad thing today. I was so busy in the morning that I didn't take my potassium until late afternoon AND I didn't have my sea salt with lunch like I usually do. Well, around 5, I got light headed and realized my mistake. I did the salt lick and drank a powerade zero, and felt much better. I took my blood pressure when I got dizzy and it was 106/68. No wonder I felt off!

Liz, I love my veggies too! I had a gigantic salad tonight with my grilled chicken.

Last edited by SewingMomma; 07-04-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:19 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
I know what you mean, but I would have eaten dogchit if I knew it would work this well. Sure glad I didnt have to...but have even come to enjoy some veggies now.
Well, your post definitely made me laugh out loud , actually I can't stop laughing
Old 07-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #110  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Dana - yes the party is at my house and I have no idea how they all fit.. but somehow they do. The head count is up to about 243 now ( my DH has got to stop asking everyone he meets to come, lol) If interested you can check out some pictures on our website http://60sparty.com/index.html
I'm a child of the 60's and 70's, followed the Grateful Dead, born and raised in San Francisco, so I spent a fair amount of time in Haight Ashbury.... So, I'll be there for your party. It will be like old home week for me.

Seriously, it looks like great fun!

We just got back from a 4th of July concert with fire works at the end. Lots of fun, great music and once the sun starting setting it was actually just perfect outside. Good music, good friends, so all in all a fun 4th.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

It was a wonderful 4th here! Jeff and I went to our local fire department's firework display event. We have made it a tradition to do that for our anniversary. This year was amazing! I didn't know that they found ways to put shapes into the fireworks. There were stars, hearts and even a smiley face!!!

Great 100% OP day...Jeff made me a sirloin steak for lunch. He makes the best steak ever. Sweet dreams and happy WIs tomorrow everyone! (((HUGS)))
Old 07-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #112  
Adult Member

S/C/G: 196/184/160

Height: 5'3

I want to stay 100% ... so I'm glad I found you guys. Does anyone have any suggestions for drinks other than water ... I love Crystal Light, but it has aspertame and is not allowed.

I drink plenty of water, LOVE iced tea ... but restricted, so I am looking for other alternatives.

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #113  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning IP people! My clinic is closed today so my unofficial weigh in is 2.4 lbs gone! Here is to being 100% OP. Have a great day!

Smooches
Old 07-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #114  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Quote:
I had a child come up to me at and give me a HUGE hug.....he squeezed me as tight as he could, with all the strenth his little 6 year old body could muster. He then said, "Mrs. Amato, you are beautiful. You know your back? Well it is almost not as fat anymore. All those "bubbles" are gone."
These are such funny anecdotes! My younger brother has special needs, he is forever innocent and yes - brutally honest. I can't tell you how many times we've had those "Petey Moments" where he just tells people the truth and nothing but the truth. One of my favorites - after seeing his Special Olympics coach 10 years later: "Coach Smith - last time I saw you, you were young, thin, and you had hair....What Happened?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfyoung View Post
I want to stay 100% ... so I'm glad I found you guys. Does anyone have any suggestions for drinks other than water ... I love Crystal Light, but it has aspertame and is not allowed.

I drink plenty of water, LOVE iced tea ... but restricted, so I am looking for other alternatives.

Thanks!
You can still have iced tea, but sweetened with Splenda or Stevia - you can brew decaf tea as well. You should not have it in lieu of water though if it's caffeinated, make sure to drink extra water to compensate for the diuretic effect that too much caffeine can have (just like coffee). As for other water flavorings - Mio is an option many people use, and there are some Crystal Light flavors that do not have aspartame (so I've read on here) - but ALWAYS check the label!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
That is funny and very sweet. I taught grade 1 for many years. I was going up 3 flights of stairs in a school that is over 100 years old. People must have been in great shape in those days because the stairs are very steep. This was several years ago when I weighed about 60 pounds more than now.

The 6 year old with me zoomed up like a mountain goat and was waiting at the top and was concerned that I was slower. With great sincerity he said that it was much harder for me to get up the stairs and asked if Iwas fat. I said well yes but as a person gets older parts of your body don't work as well and one of my knees didn't work as well as his did.

I had to laugh to laugh because it was the truth and he was honestly trying to figure out a solution to my problem.

Pat
Pat ,
Thank you for sharing that story. You made me laugh out loud! You wrote it so well, I could just invision the whole situation!!!! Yes, they are honest with their descriptions, and usually their feelings. I love that, but, they do exhaust me!!!I would not change my job for anything....ask me again in August!!!!!
I had one parent come in, on the last day of school, with a huge tomato plant for me. She was apologetic, she said that her daughter said that the only thing I like is vegetables. So she insisted on getting me my own plant! Then she told me that her daughter keeps telling her to "get fit" and "shrink" like Mrs. Amato.......it was a great laugh! I have two tomatoes right now, almost ripe. I am going to send her a picture of her "gift"
Juie
Old 07-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

I made it!!!! I had my mind set on reaching my 40lb loss by the 4th of July.
Guess what....I made it!!!!! I am in shock, awe, just absolutely amazed. I just love IP and my IP friends. 40.2 lbs in 11 weeks......I just cannot believe it!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #117  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:

Thanks!
I use a drink mix called Stevita. I love the lime flavor, but they have others like strawberry and cherry. It is made with stevia, so IMHO it is the best option for a drink mix. It's available at www.discoverstevia.com. My clinic stocks it, so I have not ordered from this site.

I think it is $5 a box of 10 packs and they say to mix it with .5 ltr (16oz) or water. I usually mix it with 24 oz of water. That works out to about .50 per bottle, so not too bad for price.

Last edited by JoesHotWife; 07-05-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Oh well, I am sure she is telling her husband how awful it must be to be forced to eat only veggies...little does she know what she is missing out on!
Isn't it crazy that people will pick out a reason they couldn't do a diet and act like it is us that are crazy. Veggies are the food we all should be eating and they are delicious. The real crazy here is that your friend can look at your amazing transformation and say that it is not worth a mouthful of veggies. I guess we all have been there, looking for reasons we can't diet, I am just thankful we are not there anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
WI tonight and I'm 2.6 down. Excited but also a little nervous because I am now away for the next three weeks (business then two weeks vacation). I'm not worried about staying OP as I have my plans already figured out. However I still like the security of checking in with my coach and a scale each week.mon my way out, I told my coach I would still email my food journal each week just to feel on track. And of course I'll be checking in with the IPeeps every chance I get. !
I just got back from a 10 day vacation and lost 5 pounds! I know what you mean about not having the security of your routine but you can do this and have a great time!

Quote:
I drink plenty of water, LOVE iced tea ... but restricted, so I am looking for other alternatives.!
I don't think decaf ice tea is restricted. At least I hope not because I drink quite a bit of it!!

Quote:
I made it!!!! I had my mind set on reaching my 40lb loss by the 4th of July.
Guess what....I made it!!!!! I am in shock, awe, just absolutely amazed. I just love IP and my IP friends. 40.2 lbs in 11 weeks......I just cannot believe it!!!
First, I love the picture of you, for some reason it always makes me smile because you look so happy in it! Secondly, congrats! Bye bye forty pounds!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

So I just got back from one vacation and will leave on a 6 day river trip next week! The first vacation was easy but the river trip provides all sorts of challenges.
When you go down the river you have to bring everything you are going to eat with you, packed into coolers. This is challenging because the veggies don't really keep very well and everything must fit. I think I can bring fresh veggies for the first few days and then put turnips, and rutabegas (sp?) in for the end of the trip. It will be interesting but I intend to stay 100% OP!
I am really looking forward to this trip because I have never been down the Middlefork of the Salmon River before. It goes through the Frank Church Wilderness area and has lots of great rapids! We have done the Main Salmon River several times but the Middlefork is suppose to be way more thrilling! Can't wait!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #120  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, everyone! Hope you had a great day yesterday!

The BBQ was fun. I brought skewered veggies: brussel sprouts, portobellos, red and grn peppers, eggplant. Drizzled them with evoo and smothered them with s & p, garlic powder, and thyme. They were yummy, although the eggplant could have had more time on the grill.

The other attendees did not overload their plates with veggies. Instead they took potato salad, etc, but I really enjoyed the veggies and brought a big bag home of leftovers. Little do they realize...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good morning you all
Our party is a week from Saturday, so it is going to get really crazy around here starting next week. .
Cadu, I looked at the pictures from your previous 60s party. Wow! Sounds like fun! I remember those times! Wish I could be there too!

Quote:
Kids will usually give honest, rather descriptive compliments or insults...same thing as they do not know the difference----most children just say the truth----thus the beauty of working with young children... All those "bubbles" are gone."
I love the "bubbles" story, NewPath! I also taught elementary age children (music) for many years and loved it. Now I teach the big ones how to teach the little ones! Sometimes they're just like little ones, too!

Quote:
On a silly note, don't you think that we are all fighting our individual battles for freedom...like freedom from obesity and ill health.....freedom to be healthy.
You are so right! I am doing this for my freedom to be healthy and to choose to do whatever I want to do - skydive, scuba dive, run marathons, horseback ride, perform confidently, not get winded going upstairs, feel great in a bathing suit, get up and down from the floor and run quickly with my grandchildren, even cross my legs all ladylike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I'm a child of the 60's and 70's, followed the Grateful Dead, born and raised in San Francisco, so I spent a fair amount of time in Haight Ashbury....
Ahh, me, too, Dana, although I was on the East Coast in NYC most of the time. Spent a little time in Venice, CA.

Quote:
I made it!!!! I had my mind set on reaching my 40lb loss by the 4th of July. Guess what....I made it!!!!! :
Congrats! What an accomplishment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Isn't it crazy that people will pick out a reason they couldn't do a diet and act like it is us that are crazy. Veggies are the food we all should be eating and they are delicious. The real crazy here is that your friend can look at your amazing transformation and say that it is not worth a mouthful of veggies. I guess we all have been there, looking for reasons we can't diet, I am just thankful we are not there anymore!
So true, Salmongirl! I had that experience yesterday. And - it's really not hard to pass on the off-program stuff because I know I'm doing this 100%. I just remember how awful it felt with the extra pounds, smile to myself, and take another sip of water. Yes, we've all been there and we can't make anyone WANT to do this. It has to come from within them.

Have a great OP day, everyone!
Closed Thread