Originally Posted by Ravenswood2012 View Post

That is AWESOME!!!
Thank you
Ng951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

Hello everyone,

I haven't posted, or even "lurked" much lately, things have been super-busy and it sometimes takes so long to "pull up" the site on my sloooow dial-up.

I had to have my WI one day early and I am very excited at starting Phase 3 tomorrow!!! To all the "newbies"; it is true that it will go fast and you won't believe how well this plan works.

When I started, 15 weeks ago, I read all the stickies and printed many recipes that have been key to my staying OP. I recently tried this variation suggested by another client at the clinic I attend and cannot remember if it was in the stickies. So, apologies if I am repeating info, but I found this so tasty, I had to share; In a pan, on stovetop melt about 1-2 TBLS WF Marmalade. When melted, add some WF Asian dressing to taste (about 2-3 TBLS). Cook your favorite meat in this "sauce" (I used ground chicken-1LB). It gives your protein a wonderful Asian twist!

If I could figure out how to combine 2 or more pictures into one I would probably have a go at posting some before and after pictures. I remember how very motivating seeing IPers pictures was for me. It does take forever to download pictures on dial-up and I am not the most Techno-savvy chick.

But keep at it everyone, IP rules!
Nilouve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Height: 5'4"

Default What a Weigh In!

I am late posting today, but wanted to share my first weigh-in results with you all...

I lost 10.8 in my first week! Holy moley...I can't belive it!

This program is amazing!
mom2hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #109  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

What's everyone's favorite bar? I want to try a bar for my breakfast. Thanks.
GeauxTigers82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #110  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwaver1ng View Post
So can I ask you guys a question? I have a wedding this weekend. I'm prepared up to the hilt for it thanks to thinking ahead and working with my coach. However, I just yesterday learned that there is a rehearsal dinner at a BAR, and since I'm doing a reading I am invited to go. Is it ok etiquette to not go to a rehearsal dinner? Especially if it is a bar dinner? There is no way I want to put myself in the middle of all that bar food

Anyone know etiquette who could help me out?

~Jenni
i would go....and take your camera....thats what i do now at all functions...i take my camera and HIDE behind it...it takes up a lot of my time and people LOVE to have their photos taken at events, well most people...and when people say to me, hey did you get something to eat i say yes, or, i say i will right after i get few more shots..most people never notice i didn't eat when they did!! or even that i ate something different.

also...if you are going to a special event, pick out a bracelet or a necklace that is special to you...and when you put it on, say this is my reminder of why it is important for me to stay on plan...and then if you get nervous or tempted, just twirl your bracelet around your wrist and it will remind you of how far you've come and how strong you are and say to yourself... a momentary lack of weakness today is not worth the feelings of disappointment that i will face you tomorrow. stay strong!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 240/230/160

Height: 5'4

I'm new to this site but I am happy to say after my first weigh-in, I am down 6 lbs. Funny thing is I gained 3% fat and lost 10% lean mass. The coach mentioned, my body probably is still in shock from lack of quarter pounders and peanut m&m's. And next weigh-in should be more typical.
I have backed off on working out as she suggested and will just do some very very light stretch/weights for the next few weeks. This is great website and lots of good information.
yowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #112  
Hard Working Newbie

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i would go....and take your camera....thats what i do now at all functions...i take my camera and HIDE behind it...it takes up a lot of my time and people LOVE to have their photos taken at events, well most people...and when people say to me, hey did you get something to eat i say yes, or, i say i will right after i get few more shots..most people never notice i didn't eat when they did!! or even that i ate something different.

also...if you are going to a special event, pick out a bracelet or a necklace that is special to you...and when you put it on, say this is my reminder of why it is important for me to stay on plan...and then if you get nervous or tempted, just twirl your bracelet around your wrist and it will remind you of how far you've come and how strong you are and say to yourself... a momentary lack of weakness today is not worth the feelings of disappointment that i will face you tomorrow. stay strong!!
That is great advice; thank you. I worry because I am barely a week OP and am the kind of person who, if food is in front of me, can't stop thinking about it until it's gone. When my coach told me to feel free to leave for the cake cutting if it makes me feel anxious, I knew she got me! And that itself was a huge relief.

~Jenni
Unwaver1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #113  
Started IP 1/18/2012

S/C/G: 224/149/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
What's everyone's favorite bar? I want to try a bar for my breakfast. Thanks.
My favorite is the Peanut Crunch bar. Like a really dense rice krispie treat coated in peanut butter goodness. I'm having one in an hour. YUM!
Trishak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #114  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Well, this is my last WI before I leave for vacation (hopefully in the morning!) I was sad because the scale has been all over the place this week (I was hoping to get into the 180's before leaving), but it dropped 2 lbs. I am NOT complaining, because that is 2 pounds I didn't have to go jogging to lose!! I was sad however to see that I only lost 1/4 inch. What the heck??!! I have been spotting the last couple days so I wonder if that is why there was not a huge loss. Oh well!! I hope ya'll have a wonderful week, 4th of july and weekends!!

Last edited by kmc1021; 06-26-2012 at 08:29 PM.
kmc1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswood2012 View Post

Welcome & Good Luck !!!!!

& &
What kind of dog do you have?
PEIslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 200/145/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Morning all!

Riss, yay for your hubby starting too! Great that he has good contact with his doctor around medication - I know that was a big hurdle for me when I started too, trying to figure everything out, but we managed. I was off insulin completely 10 days after starting. Good luck to him!!

wuv -happy first day! Hope it goes well!

Welcome to the newcomers and congrats on some great first weigh ins!

Molly, DH found some sugar free lozenges that he used when he had a really sore throat. They do exist! Just don't have too many. Check with a pharmacist, they should be able to recommend something you can use. Feel better soon!

Well, tonight is weigh in for me and I think this is going to be my first week of no loss. My scale has.not.moved in the past week and while I'm very sad about the whole thing I'm trying not to lose my mind. Easier said than done at times, but I know my reaction is the one thing I can control - not the weight loss. I know I stayed OP and didn't cheat, so hopefully it means next week will be better.

I know the scale could surprise me when I go tonight but I just don't expect it to happen. At this point I'm just crossing my fingers that I don't end up gaining. I'd really hoped to cross the 80lbs in four month mark tonight but doesn't seem like that's in the cards. Then again, I suppose there's nothing wrong with 80lbs in just over four months. I just have to keep telling myself that.

Hope everyone has a great day!
IPDIVAJEN.
even if that scale does not move, you have done AWESOME!! You are an
Inspiration to me. I only hope to have the sucess you have had in 4 months!! Keep up the good work!
sweetsloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 200/145/135

Height: 5.3

Default Mom2hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2hi View Post
I am late posting today, but wanted to share my first weigh-in results with you all...

I lost 10.8 in my first week! Holy moley...I can't belive it!

This program is amazing!
Our numbers are the same and this is my day 3, I hope to have a weigh in like yours. Congrads!!!!
sweetsloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Weigh in #4 was a great 4 lb loss. Man I was getting worried there with the big losses 3 weeks in a row. This is much more my pace. Woot 35 Lbs down in 4 weeks. God bless all those who are doing this plan. It's tough but it works.
Wow, you're continuing to rock it each week! Nice work!
chicagoboiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwaver1ng View Post
That is great advice; thank you. I worry because I am barely a week OP and am the kind of person who, if food is in front of me, can't stop thinking about it until it's gone. When my coach told me to feel free to leave for the cake cutting if it makes me feel anxious, I knew she got me! And that itself was a huge relief.

~Jenni
Jenni,
Rainbow's advice is great and can so easily work since folks won't notice what you are eating or not eating when you are also busy snapping pics.

I love the idea of twirling a very special bracelet to remind you why you are doing this. My little spin on things: remind yourself how much you love yourself and that you are doing this for yourself, you so deserve the health and happiness the IP program will undoubtedly bring.

Other than these very special celebrations, I avoided parties and events that I felt were just a little too difficult for me early on. So meeting folks for a Friday dinner at a restaurant/bar was something I avoided for the first month. They weren't special events and I so didn't want the temptation. Now I offer to be designated driver and go and truly enjoy talking to everyone, sipping my water (usually flavored with Mio which I keep in my purse). I feel good about being designated driver, it's nice to be able to do this for my friends.

Last edited by Chloe222; 06-26-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsloan View Post
IPDIVAJEN.
even if that scale does not move, you have done AWESOME!! You are an
Inspiration to me. I only hope to have the sucess you have had in 4 months!! Keep up the good work!
Aw, thanks. Very sweet of you. I need it right now! Off to WI in ten minutes.
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote