Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

Today is my 1st. official day! I just had a chocolate drink...not bad...I didn't mind it one bit. I'm excited that today my eating habits will change forever - I look forward to what's ahead.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Default good morning!

Hello fellow losers I hope everyone is having a great morning so far! Just as a little background, i am on day 3 of phase 2 and doing very well. i went to zumba the other night and i do some minor floor exercises everyday. well after being a cleaning/cooking/baking machine lately, the house looks great, i feel amazing, and my husband has been extra happy. I feel so damn good about life right now. I seriously feel so good about myself, i have so much energy, my 11 month old son is a healthy, active child... ugh i just love everything!!

anyway, yesterday i took a relaxing few hours off from household stuff and went and laid out by the pool with my best friend and our babies. i caught a pretty sweet tan *i don't tan easily, but after laying out a few days a week, i look sunkissed * we had a good time.. then my husband basically said, "leave dominic with my mom and go shopping. get whatever you want. i just deposited some money for you... get a pedicure, pamper yourself however, and get some new clothes." i about fell over!! i was so excited because, frankly, i need a new wardrobe after 60 pounds. lol i've bought little things here and there through out the losses, but i feel like i've been wearing the same 3 outfits alot. i went on a 2 hour spree and bought alot of really CUTE stuff. clothes that i would have never even tried on looked quite flattering it was a very good day all in all. i bought lots of sundresses, lacy tops, shorts and tank tops (i never showed my legs or arms in the summer as self conscious as i was ) ugh so exciting! i put my before pics on the fridge just as an extra reminder, but after yesterday... i aint never going back!!

hope you all have an amazing day! great SVs and NSVs lately!! keep it up
Old 06-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #18  

S/C/G: Pre 168.2/Pre IP 166/142/130

Height: 5'2.5" (us short people depend on the half inches!)

Unfortunately I am a slave to the scale. I like hopping on it first thing in the am as I feel it gives me a better reflection of my trending weights. Today... I am under 155! The reason I am so excited is that it is my first goal that I set a reward with. I am getting a pedi today!! My toes have been unpainted for the last two weeks waiting for this! I haven't been here for over a year! Now on to 150 which is where I was two years ago. That's my next goal. I think I'm buying clothes at that point! Keep it up everyone, it works!! Here's to a 100% OP day!
Shawna
p.s. yesterday at my WI, I gained lean mass! The last week I had lost and was worried, started working out and it helped. YAY!

Last edited by redmomof4; 06-08-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
Hello fellow losers I hope everyone is having a great morning so far! Just as a little background, i am on day 3 of phase 2 and doing very well. i went to zumba the other night and i do some minor floor exercises everyday. well after being a cleaning/cooking/baking machine lately, the house looks great, i feel amazing, and my husband has been extra happy. I feel so damn good about life right now. I seriously feel so good about myself, i have so much energy, my 11 month old son is a healthy, active child... ugh i just love everything!!

anyway, yesterday i took a relaxing few hours off from household stuff and went and laid out by the pool with my best friend and our babies. i caught a pretty sweet tan *i don't tan easily, but after laying out a few days a week, i look sunkissed * we had a good time.. then my husband basically said, "leave dominic with my mom and go shopping. get whatever you want. i just deposited some money for you... get a pedicure, pamper yourself however, and get some new clothes." i about fell over!! i was so excited because, frankly, i need a new wardrobe after 60 pounds. lol i've bought little things here and there through out the losses, but i feel like i've been wearing the same 3 outfits alot. i went on a 2 hour spree and bought alot of really CUTE stuff. clothes that i would have never even tried on looked quite flattering it was a very good day all in all. i bought lots of sundresses, lacy tops, shorts and tank tops (i never showed my legs or arms in the summer as self conscious as i was ) ugh so exciting! i put my before pics on the fridge just as an extra reminder, but after yesterday... i aint never going back!!

So sweet of your husband! Isn't it amazing what a weight loss can do for not only your body but also your head!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
TGIF!

usmcvet! You have adorable kids I must say! May God bless them

After my great success of losing 8.5 this week, I am so tenacious to keep my success going even though it is going to be a challenging weekend. My sister-in-law is coming to our place with her two adorable daughters and on Saturday we will be going to Ormstown fair! This is very challenging as we will be out and about for almost all day long! The key is to be prepared! I know I can do it and I will, I will prepack my veggies and I will take RTD protein shakes with me! and I will even pack an additional shake in case we have to eat out and I can't find anything OP on the menu for me, the odds are we will be eating at a kind of a junk food place at the fair! I don't mind! I am past my cravings now I am really doing good and the 8.5 pounds I just lost in one week are here to remind me how much it pays to stick to my diet.
Another thing that could help is to eat some of your veggies at breakfast. I find that if I put mushrooms and spinach in my omelet or spinach in my Choc shake, I can pare down or skip my veggies at lunch and just have a packet and still feel fine. Then you don't have to worry about keeping them cold, etc... Just another option. Good luck.
Shawna
Old 06-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #21  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdmom View Post
Happy Friday!!!

I want to share something that SHOCKED me: saw a commercial for IHOP last night and it said that the reason their omlettes were so fluffy was because they added a scoop of buttermilk pancake batter. WTH? I haven't been to IHOP for some time, but I don't remember a note on the menu about this or being told this. I would have remembered because I would have wanted to try it at home (pre IP days). What about allergies? What about special diets? Does this surprise anyone else?
Wow!!! Another reason for me to be extra careful eating out. The trickery...SMH

Well, as you all know, I lost 12 lbs my first week and 4.4 my second week. I have been telling people and they look at me and say "Umm isn't that too much too fast? Is this diet dangerous?"
I've been researching it some more and I did find one article online against the diet. http://www.mardianinmotion.com/2010/06 I don't know, I will be going to the IP Coaching Seminar next weekend and they will talk more about the biochemistry of it all so I will learn more about it and be able to help my clients, but it is pretty discouraging when you want to share your success and others look at you and think that you are starving yourself and being unhealthy. I just have decided to only tell my clients and those I network with and not my friends and family. I don't like the looks I'm receiving. It is disheartening.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

I've had dreams for the last 2 nights about eating and food. UGH!!!

I hope I didn't screw myself up last night - we ate at my mom's and she had ribs -- they were actually the most meaty ribs I've ever had. I cut off the outsides and all visible fat. It seemed like all I ate was the actual meat.

I'm pretty pumped - today is day 6 and I'm down 4.8 pounds. My home scale is my weigh in scale since I do everything online and over the phone.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #23  
Started IP on 5/23/2012

S/C/G: 312/279/200

Height: 6' 1"

On my way to WI #2 in an hour or so...
Old 06-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #24  

Note to self... I have my vitamins sitting by my computer so they are out in the open and I remember to take them. I woke up this am, took the trash out. Sorted laundry and then sat down by the computer. Took my MVI and Potassium/Calcium and hopped on 3FC. About 5 mins later I had this overwhelming feeling of nausea. I couldn't get something in my stomach fast enough! I quickly made a spinach smoothie out of a EAS RTD chocolate and feel much better now. I guess I learned my lesson, vitamins not on an empty stomach please!
Shawna
Old 06-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxybrown View Post
Wow!!! Another reason for me to be extra careful eating out. The trickery...SMH

Well, as you all know, I lost 12 lbs my first week and 4.4 my second week. I have been telling people and they look at me and say "Umm isn't that too much too fast? Is this diet dangerous?"
I've been researching it some more and I did find one article online against the diet. http://www.mardianinmotion.com/2010/06
Foxxy,
I wouldn't put too much faith in that article. It is not evidence based, it is mostly opinion with a few nutrition facts thrown in. The article is riddled with typos (which imo reflect credibility) and the site it is on is riddled with advertisements, links to purchase things where more than likely the author or owner of the site gets a kickback or gets paid for the advertising space. Definitely biased. Keep up your good work, your weight loss is great and it will not be this much every week so your friends and family can rest easy. It will steady out to a healthier amount, just tell them you had "plenty to loose" at first. Maybe that will shut them up!
Shawna
Old 06-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #26  

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
I just have decided to only tell my clients and those I network with and not my friends and family. I don't like the looks I'm receiving. It is disheartening.
I can totally relate to that. I won't tell my friends what I am up to. They are all a part of the gym cult. You know, that group that can only talk about what spin class was like today and what spin class will be like tomorrow. At least one of my friends would try to sabotage any progress I am making. I don't think she does it intentionally...at least I hope not. I will do IP faithfully and let them wonder what I am up to.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #27  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmomof4 View Post
Foxxy,
I wouldn't put too much faith in that article. It is not evidence based, it is mostly opinion with a few nutrition facts thrown in. The article is riddled with typos (which imo reflect credibility) and the site it is on is riddled with advertisements, links to purchase things where more than likely the author or owner of the site gets a kickback or gets paid for the advertising space. Definitely biased. Keep up your good work, your weight loss is great and it will not be this much every week so your friends and family can rest easy. It will steady out to a healthier amount, just tell them you had "plenty to loose" at first. Maybe that will shut them up!
Shawna
The thing is, my mom actually wants to do it, but others are always skeptical. It is a lot of skepticism about diets because of all the lawsuits and problems from them. I've said that I have a lot to loose to them, yet they just still have that crazy look. So no more talking to family, I'll just let them see me shrink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolChickInAFatSuit View Post
I can totally relate to that. I won't tell my friends what I am up to. They are all a part of the gym cult. You know, that group that can only talk about what spin class was like today and what spin class will be like tomorrow. At least one of my friends would try to sabotage any progress I am making. I don't think she does it intentionally...at least I hope not. I will do IP faithfully and let them wonder what I am up to.
Exactly! I don't want to be discouraged and sabotage. I weigh what I weighed in high school and it would be an accomplishment for me to be under 200 as an adult. It's been such a fight and I have always been teased for weight, looks, everything most of my life!! This would be such a victory for me to be able to get my body to a healthy weight and not carry those emotions and stupid crap people said to me in the past. I would be able to stand and say that I have accomplished all my goals in spite of all the things that I went through. That is my motivation. Don't need any haters to try to damper it.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #28  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning folks. It's looking like a good day here in Vermont. A few photos of my babies and inspiration.

Jack is not smiling because He wanted to stand in the Middle and I made him move. Kinda funny. This was last Sunday we went out to breakfast, I stayed IP with a omelet loaded with veggies and black coffee.

Very cute kids. Almost as cute as mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdmom View Post
Happy Friday!!!

I want to share something that SHOCKED me: saw a commercial for IHOP last night and it said that the reason their omlettes were so fluffy was because they added a scoop of buttermilk pancake batter. WTH? I haven't been to IHOP for some time, but I don't remember a note on the menu about this or being told this. I would have remembered because I would have wanted to try it at home (pre IP days). What about allergies? What about special diets? Does this surprise anyone else?
Back in my Atkins days when I could eat big omelets , I was warned to not eat at Ihop because of the pancake batter they add. I wasn't surprised because they are after all a pancake restaurant.

Quote:
I've been researching it some more and I did find one article online against the diet. http://www.mardianinmotion.com/2010/06
I wouldn't put too much stock in that article because the author talks about the danger of being in ketosis too long. It has been proven over and over again that being in ketosis for a long period of time, even forever is not dangerous. Primal man who ate a low carb diet, because grains where not a regular part of their diet, were in a permanent state of ketosis, and that's how our bodies were meant to be. It really should be our natural state because our dietary needs have not really evolved since early man. It's only thanks to agriculture that grains became a staple in our diet, so now humans are generally out of ketosis, and well just look at the obesity rate to know we are not eating the way our bodies were designed to eat.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 201/165/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post

That is so exciting! You look amazing and I'm sure your husband thinks so as well! I bet that was sooooo fun! I can't wait to be where you are!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

had WI #2 last night down-3.3 for a total of 12 lbs in two weeks..I am super excited..on the down side i have to stop using pickles for my 4 cups of veggies every day because my blood pressure is up..I have to find some veggies i like....so in 2 weeks I have lost a Bald Eagle..lol
Closed Thread