Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #91  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb4640 View Post
HELP!!! I am on the 3rd day of the IP diet and really frustrated with the packets. I have tried the Choco drink mix, Orange Drink, Broccolli Soup, and egg omelet. The only one enjoy is the Choc. Drink Mix. The others I could not even finish eating. I rather not eat at all. Not sure how long I can keep going. I have a few unopened boxes, Pink Lemonade and Pina Colada, and I almost don't want to open them.
Call your coach and see if you can swap some things out early. It is important to find things you like. Have you tried the herb and cheese omelet? I did not like the regular one but love the H&C Omelet. Also I usually add sauteed mushrooms and green peppers and sometimes I add some cold banana peppers for some heat!
Old 05-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #92  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Several NSV today. Strapped into the seat belt in the back of a car today. It was tight, but it freaking fit. Did lots of walking around and standing today at training. Had lots of fun too. I'm not so afraid of walking anymore. This is HUGE for me. I was a prisoner to my weight. Now I'm getting rid of it. To steal a line from my Dad and AA, one day at a time and one WI at a time. I am learning more about myself and I'm happy with the direction I am now headed. I have hope for the first time in a looong time.

Great WI's today ladies! You all motivate me.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

Hi Everyone ! Had my 2nd WI Wed and lost another 4 pounds ! Im so excited ! Just really missing my glass of wine in the evenings !
Old 05-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 160/155/110

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiawatts View Post
Hi Everyone ! Had my 2nd WI Wed and lost another 4 pounds ! Im so excited ! Just really missing my glass of wine in the evenings !
I am soooooo with you on the glass of wine!! This weight loss better be worth it hahaha just kidding it already has been! but i still miss it!
Old 05-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #95  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
I hear you. Ive wanted a beer a few times. Mostly in a hot day after mowing the lawn. It looks like i will be going a year or more in P1. I enjoy a cold bottle if beer but enjoy the weight loss even more.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #96  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone. Hope you all had a great OP day! I have a question that may be TMI. So just got over TOM and it fees like my body got knocked out of ketosis and is now going back. Anyone have this happen before, and do you think my hormones are causing this? I don't think I ate anything off plan, but now I'm getting those flu-like symptoms.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

If anyone out there has any drink suggestions I would love to hear them, maybe just one a week?
Old 05-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkp888 View Post
Hi everyone! I haven't posted for awhile, but I read everyday to keep me motivated and keep my spirits up! All of you are doing so amazing, keep up the great work!

I'm getting close to my goal, getting a bit excited and nervous to go to the next phase. Have a great long weekend everyone!
Wow neighbour! You have done incredibly well.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #99  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
If anyone out there has any drink suggestions I would love to hear them, maybe just one a week?
Here. I posted these a few weeks ago. With all the newbies, it'll be like new.
Molly

SHAKE IT UP! Getting more from your shakes
1. Add up to 2 cups (16 oz / 450 milligrams) of water. It adds no extra calories and the taste doesn’t suffer. (Although for Cappuccino I use 1 3/4 cup for a stronger flavor) You will get about 3 big glasses vs. 1 and be very filling.

2. Make the shakes in a blender, not a shaker. The pulse creates much more volume and often creates a delicious froth of foam like an old thyme soda shop.

3. Add 3-5 large ice cubes to the blender to make a thicker, colder drink.

4. Pour yourself 1 glass and enjoy. Before pouring your next glass, pulse the remainder in the blender again to refresh for the perfect shake without separation of foam/drink.

5. Experiment with different flavors. I liked the chocolate so much I was hesitant to try anything else. But the fruit flavors blend up with much more volume and zing and taste like Orange Julius or Smoothies. I usually have a chocolate shake in the morning and a fruit flavored shake for night snack. Even the Pink Lemonade and Blueberry/Cranberry/Pomegranate drinks frothed up amazingly in the blender, so they felt like smoothies rather than a plain drink.

Orange Julius
Orange drink
2 tsp egg whites
Dash of vanilla
Pack of stevia or vanilla stevia to replace the vanilla and packet
3 ice cubes

6) Blend flavors.

Orange Chocolate: In a container with a sealable lid, pour in 1 package Orange Drink with 1 Package Chocolate. Pour half of the mix in the blender with 2 cups cold water. Add ice. (Save other half of mix for another day). So Amazing. My favorite blend.

Chocolate Coconut (Bounty/ Mounds): Mix 1 package of Chocolate with 1 package of Pina Colada (Note that the pineapple in the pina colada changes the flavor from a pure choco-coconut, but it’s still really good.

7. Try add ins. Some examples:
a) Chocolate: Add a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of cardamom and a pinch of good Indian chili powder to make a spicy "Mexican Frozen Hot Chocolate"
Gingerbread Chocolate: Add a pinch or two of gingerbread spice (cinnamon, cloves, ginger, allspice)
Chocolate Pumpkin Pie: Add a pinch or two of pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice)

b) Flavoring/ Extracts: Try a drop or two of flavored Stevia or other extracts to really change the tastes. Try the baking aisle of your grocery store, health stores, ebay or http://www.stevia.com/

Choco-Mint (add Peppermint Stevia/ Peppermint extract)
Rum Chocolate (add Rum extract)
Mint Julep: (Add Spearmint (or Peppermint) to Pink Lemonade)
Chocolate Orange (add Valencia Orange Stevia)
Raspberry Chocolate (add Chocolate Raspberry Stevia)
"Nutella" / "Geisha" Chocolate Hazelnut (add Hazelnut Stevia)
Chocolate Caramel (add English Toffee Stevia)
Chocolate Covered Apricot (add Apricot Nectar Stevia)
Chocolate Arrack (add Arraksarom - Arrack Extract)

vanilla pudding made as a drink with 2 tsp or so of peach mango powder, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp sea salt shaken with ice...tastes just like peach cobbler

marshmallow creme with the choc pudding or shake and makes a smoothie kinda..with ice in the blender..he says it makes it creamier.

HOLIDAY HOT TODDIES
Ingredients:
1 Packet IP Drink or Pudding
Water (up to 2 cups / 5 dl / 16oz to taste)
Optional: 1 packet Truvia, Splenda, or other sugar substitute
Spices as listed

Directions:
1. Mix IP Drink or IP Pudding with up to 2 cups of cold water. Blend until no lumps. (I use a blender)
2. Add in Spices (see below) and mix
3. Pour a portion into a microwave safe mug (3/4 full) and heat.

NOTE! Heating may cause the liquid to overflow, so watch carefully, or use a different larger container to heat the liquid and then pour it into your mug.

With the extra water, this makes 3-4 mugs of delicious hot drinks. Heat one drink and save the rest to re-heat and enjoy over the space of a few hours. Really great to bring to work to microwave to get you through the day. All the below suggestions use up to 2 cups water.

NOTE 1:
You can substitute herbal tea or coffee for the water in any of these. For example, using Peppermint tea and vanilla IP Pudding makes a really subtle Hot Vanilla Candy Cane if you don’t want to add peppermint extract. Adding Bengal Spice Tea or Coffee to the Butter Rum recipe makes it a Caramel Chai/ Caramel Coffee. Use your imagination.

Suggestions:
1. PULLA (Finnish Sweet Buns)
IP Vanilla Pudding
1 tsp or more Cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract OR Vanilla seeds from Pod (I use Vanilla seeds and stir the drink with the pod to infuse with more vanilla flavor)
1/2 - 1 tsp cardamom

2. BUTTER RUM
IP Butterscotch Pudding
1 packet Truvia or other sweetener
1/2-1 tsp Rum extract
Optional: Dash of cinnamon

3. GINGERBREAD
IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding/ or IP Vanilla Pudding
1/2 - 1 tsp Gingerbread Spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice. Optional: orange peel)

4. PUMPKIN PIE
IP Vanilla Pudding (can also use IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding)
1/2 TB or more Da Vinci/ Torani Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Syrup (The Torani version also has a hint of pumpkin flavor in it which is great)
You can also use Pumpkin Pie spice, but it’s almost identical to Gingerbread spice above.
Optional: 1 packet Truvia or other sweetener (The syrup doesn’t need it. The spice alone does)

5. CANDY CANE
IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding / or IP Vanilla Pudding
1/2 - 1 tsp Peppermint extract

6. MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE
IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding
1 tsp or more cinnamon
1/4 - 1/2 tsp hot chili (I use Indian chili powder)
Optional: Nutmeg or cardamom
(I don't use sweetener on this to keep the chocolate a bit bitter)

7. NUTELLA
IP Chocolate Drink / IP Chocolate Pudding
1 tsp or more Da Vinci / Torani Sugar-Free Hazelnut Syrup
or
1 tsp Almond or Hazelnut extract

8. BOUNTY (Chocolate Coconut)
IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding
1 tsp or more Sugar-Free Coconut Syrup

9. CHRISTMAS ORANGE
IP Chocolate Drink / IP Chocolate Pudding
1 tsp Orange extract (or 1-2 drops Valencia Orange Stevia liquid)

10. LEMON POPPY SEED
IP Lemon Pudding
1 tsp Poppy Seeds
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of cinnamon

Root Beer float
Ingredients:
1 Package IP Vanilla Pudding
2 tsp Root Beer Extract
1 Package Sweetener (like Truvia/ Splenda)
3-4 ice cubes
Up to 2 cups cold water
Optional: 1 oz milk (if you don’t use in your morning coffee)

Directions:
1. In a blender, add up to 2 cups cold water
2. If using the 1 oz milk, add that as well
3. Add in 2 tsp Root Beer Extract
4. Add 1 package sweetener.
5. Blend until smooth
6. Add ice cubes and blend until they are crushed and the shake is thick.

Pudding Shake
5oz water
Pudding mix
2 tbls collagen
8 ice cubes

Holiday Eggnog IP Style (by the pitcher)
1 Packet Plain Egg Mix
1 Vanilla ReadyMade (cold)
8 oz of Water
20 drops Clear SweetLeaf Drops
1 Capful Rum Extract
1 Capful Vanilla Extract
Nutmeg to taste

Blend all above in a blender…Chill in fridge. Serve as is or top with sugar free whip cream and nutmeg. Will make a blender full.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #100  

Height: [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGIF5dZ/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/

Red face

Raspberry jelly mix was awesome
Old 05-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #101  

Height: [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGIF5dZ/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
Hi Barb! The first week is the hardest. You can do it!!!! I agree w wuv- make sure you read through the "fun w IP packets". Do you have any vanilla drink? My favorite thing is the vanilla w 6oz of decaf coffee over ice, w 1 splenda. Give it a try!!!

Hi, I am on my 3rd day as well. The drinks haven't been that bad to me. The pudding was ok as we'll. I don't know if skipping them is the best option however. I do wish you luck! We're the newbies! You gotta hang in there with me Chica...we got to get through this first week!
Old 05-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #102  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
That is the hardest part for me. I haven't had a drink since January 18th and you would think I would be used to it but I pretty much think about it every weekend. At least I can get thur the weekdays now. I can't wait till I am at goal. One thing I do know is I will never drink as much as I did before and that makes it worth while now.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #103  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I hear you. Ive wanted a beer a few times. Mostly in a hot day after mowing the lawn. It looks like i will be going a year or more in P1. I enjoy a cold bottle if beer but enjoy the weight loss even more.
Glad to see others feel the same. I thought I was alone since know one has seem to mention this before
Old 05-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 178/167/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Happy Friday everyone!

I'm hoping that we all have an OP weekend! I purchased the new strawberry wafer at my clinic yesterday, it is insane how good it tastes

It reminds me of the wafer cookies we used to eat as kids. Glad I finally got my signature ticker, now I can feel like a big girl

Smooches!
I just got the new strawberry wafer too. I think it tastes too good. Did you notice it has real sugar in it??? No wonder it tastes so good. Sigh!
I am three days away from being done week 2 and I am hoping to stay on track this weekend. I really want this to work.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #105  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Checking in

Hey everyone! Just checking in.

USMCVET~ Dude you get to go to the aquarium? >>> JEALOUS! We in South Dakota are not only landlocked, but damn near waterless!

I got my third charm tonight, and I am so proud and glad I'm sticking to this diet. Finding charms at the local hobby store is inexpensive and really rewarding. My "style" went from super over complicated last time (week 1 WI) and was horribly uncomfortable, then tonight I got a solid "bangle" with screwed on beads on the end and absolutely love it. And my bead this week? It was the only one left and I swear I've never seen it before:

Wonder Woman!

Bead #1: (K) ~ My name is Kara, this is to remind me anytime I forget that I am doing this for ME

Bead #2: (Teal gems in silver - 5 lbs) ~ I'm special and will be shiny and new, just like this bead.

Bead #3: (Wonder Woman) ~ Because I know I'm not a hero, but doing this diet makes me feel like I could do anything.
"The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with composure one heavy mischance after another, not because he does not feel them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper”" ~ Aristotle

And here it is, the new bracelet
Closed Thread