Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #76  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
I will.. Mama WUV has spoken! And you are super right!
HAHAHA...Mama WUV.....cute!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
I love your new pictures. You are such a sweetheart sharing your photos, IP knowledge and your success with all of us. I also love you straight forward candid advice. You get straight to the point no dancing around and sugar coating. We all need a good kick in the butt sometimes. I don't mind because you have been there and (successfully) done that. Many times even when you advice others I feel like you're talking to me. Thank you my friend.
Thank you, I have from the very beginning been very open about my journey, I want people to know that ANYONE can do this. If I can lose a WHOLE PERSON anyone can lose any amount of weight. I don't sugar coat things because it usually doesn't get to the point like direct comments do. My mom has told me several times that I need to stop giving tough love and I told her MOM we are all adults, feeling will get hurt or it will help them. If they think I am being a B then left them think that. I am only trying to help. So I will continue to share my journey and give the "tough love" if needed
Old 05-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #77  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2nite View Post
Thank you for all your quick answers. I know you are probably tired of same ol questions from us newbies
I don't mind at all, I was a newbie at one point. I know how grateful I was to anyone that would answer my questions.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #78  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Just popping in to say 'Hi!' to everyone. Another busy day for me... I was determined to finish up my balcony gardening efforts today and I'm pleased to report that everything is planted and balcony is all tidied up. I tracked in some dirt during this process, so the kitchen floor has also been mopped spick and span again. I still have to set some seeds, but that's easy compared to the hauling of dirt, amending of the soil for each container, and getting the seedlings transplanted. I enjoy it though... just glad it's done. It's definitely been a time consumer this past week. I think a long hot soak is due tonight. Just bought a nice bath pillow yesterday at Walmart, so I'll use it for a leisurely soak later tonight while I attempt to sooth my 'not so young' muscles.

So - it's a nice relief to have that done. Now I can relax. Just light duties ahead with regular watering and fertilizing. Fingers crossed that all this work pays off with some tasty veggies - and beautiful flowers to admire on my balcony.

I had another Pure Protein Vanilla Creme Shake to keep my energy up around noon today (part of lunch). Delicious. I was all dirty from gardening and didn't want to stop to prepare my salad right then, so I waited until 2pm or so to have it... found it amusing to find myself salivating for my salad as I finished up the balcony 'dirty work'. Did my grocery shopping yesterday so everything was superfresh and tasty. Yum. I'm growing cilantro and parsley and was able to put some of both in the salad. Definitely a taste perk.

I'm looking forward to this long Victoria Day weekend. Have a friend coming to dinner tomorrow evening, but apart from that I'm probably relaxing and taking it pretty easy.

Cheers to everyone, and hope you are all having a happy OP day.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #79  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon everyone! I need to catch up on all of the posts from today!

Had my weigh in today at am down 3.4 lbs!!! Very happy.

My coach (she's a nurse) had 5 lbs of fat on her desk. That was so gross! And huge!
Old 05-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 181/164.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Question for the group.

I am staying OP 100%. I am having trouble staying focused at work. I was wondering if it is something that I am doing wrong with the diet? Or is this just something that happens the first few weeks? I am using the gluten free products. I broke my foot six weeks ago and just got rid of the walking cast. I thought that when my foot was healed that I would be able to concenstrate more fully -but I can't seem to. Am I missing something? Any suggestions?
Old 05-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 179/140/135

Height: 5'5

Thanks so much for your suggestions and support. I know I can do this, but so glad I have others walking by me in this journey! I will check out the Fun with IP Packets.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #82  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat2500 View Post
I am staying OP 100%. I am having trouble staying focused at work. I was wondering if it is something that I am doing wrong with the diet? Or is this just something that happens the first few weeks? I am using the gluten free products. I broke my foot six weeks ago and just got rid of the walking cast. I thought that when my foot was healed that I would be able to concenstrate more fully -but I can't seem to. Am I missing something? Any suggestions?
Focus is something we all like to have. I believe lower carbohdrates can reduce some amount of focus, but can't remember where I saw it or if it was really true or not :S
Old 05-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Guys,

I can't remember who was asking about whether or not we could use lime, but wanted to pass along the following information that may help you decide whether or not lime is right for you.

The recipe book by Ideal Protein Chef Verati "My Ideal Recipes" 250 ways to enjoy your meals, Ideal Protein Phase 1-2 also approved by Olivier Benloulou President & CEO Ideal Protein, does use lime juice in their recipes.

Good enough for me! Hope this helps.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #84  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

I thought imitation crab contained sugars and carbs? When I was doing HCG, I was told I couldn't have it. Not to question "Mama WUV" because I do love all your posts!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #85  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Talking Sugar

[COLOR="Indigo"]I don't sugar coat thingsCOLOR][/QUOTE]

I don't "sugar coat" anything anymore...hehe
Old 05-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #86  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Well....WI#17 today and I was up a half a pound. I don't let it get me down, thanks to all of your support and the knowledge and confidence I get from this forum. I KNOW I am losing weight as long as I am staying OP, it just didn't show on the scale at that moment... the body is such a fickle thing. I went to bed super (2am) late last night and was up super (6am) early and then was busy all morning- pressure spraying our Main Street for Main Street Clean-up. So, I didn't live my life around my WI.

Still completely dedicated and a loser! Still lost 1 inch and other #s went down as well!

Last edited by Tripmama; 05-18-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #87  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Hey ya'll. I really am reading everyday, but I just don't have the time to post. I am so exhausted and this is a full weekend for me. I have to pick my brother-in-law up at the airport at midnight tonight. Then I will have people in and out my house. I have to make a lunch for some people, dinner for some and then tomorrow night we are doing pizza. I am going to have a really hard time to stay OP this weekend, well, really tomorrow.

I started my period yesterday. OMG I haven't had a period in years. I even have taken Provera to start one and even at the highest dosage I never had one. I have had a lot of pain in my life with it, but WOW this is the worse I have felt in a very long time. I feel like I am going to die. I just hope it doesn't last too long because I am thinking of going away next weekend. Not going to if I have the red sea!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 05-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #88  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
Hey everyone!!!!!
In other news... I hit goal today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Very Happy For You! Way To GO!
Old 05-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #89  
Jane

S/C/G: 240/235/150

Height: 5'1"

Hi there I am new here... I have been on ID for 5 days now... If you wanna snack..is it ok to saute some button mushrooms up in Olive oil ?
Old 05-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #90  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Not sure why I scanned the bottom one this way but the very bottom photo in the third scan must be from late 2009 or early 2010 we went alone because all three girls were sick.

Well photos can be an eye opener. I found the 2012 Aquarium Photo tonight. YUCK. This is close to what I looked like prior to IP. I've just decided when I hit 100 lost I want to make another trip to Boston for some fun with the family and I am getting another photo there that looks better. The smaller photo is from March 2010. Everyone has Grown but my wife Michele.

In just saw the date on two of the newer photos. They are almost a year apart to the day! The end of February Vacation. I don't see a date on the older photo.

Last edited by usmcvet; 05-18-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Closed Thread