Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinered View Post
I must admit I am curious how much I will need to lose before people start to notice. I look forward to posting the first time someone asks, "Gee, have you lost weight?"

For those who were over 250 start weight, how much did you lose before people started noticing? Just curious.
Hey girl, I started at 305 in Nov (low carb) and now at 286 (IP 4/23). It's weird because I usually get compliments about "have you lost weight" when I had stalled for a month lol. Or even people I work with everyday will eventually say "You look like you've lost weight" when I had been going up and down the weight roller coaster and never really lost much than my starting weight.

I think most times people may not compliment your weight loss because they don't want to call you out for needing to lose weight. Like someone might be offended or self conscious if someone brought it up...so don't worry if no one asks, they see it

I think specifically, people noticed at 25 and 30 pounds down. But my mom was noticing the first 10 pounds down.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 229/222/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Hi and Welcom. The hardest thing for me to do when I starte IP was NOT weight myself everyday and just leave it for my official WI day. I still am not as good as I can be about not weighing everyday, but if you can make yourself stay off of the scale you will be better off for it.
Thank you! Burst into tears at the scale!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by licaba View Post
Well had my 15th WI -5.4 (thats for 2 weeks) WOOHOO!! I am so happy!!!! Only 3 more pounds and I'll be able to say 'I lost 50lbs on IP'!!! How crazy is that!

I honestly don't think I would have made it this far without you guys!! my coach is nice but not as educated in IP as she probably should be. Which is why I want to ask for your opinions. When I started the program I knew I was going to the Dominican in May and my coach said a few weeks before you go we'll do a mini phase off. This morning she said she wants me to stay in phase 1 go on my vacation and enjoy myself then come back and jump in to phase one again. She is recommending I not go to phase 2 until I reach 170. I know the major indulgence for me on this trip will be alcohol. Any thoughts?
I would definitiely phase off...I know someone bumped a vacation post by Jennydoodle recently about phasing off for vacation and I'd take a look at it...I've been interested in this as well as I'm going on vacation at the end of June and won't be OP...from everything I understand and have read it is incredibly important to reintroduce carbs to your body methodically and carefully (P3 of IP) or you can gain a lot of fat back very quickly. I'm no coach...just what I've learned by reading...I'm sure others have more info as well!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #79  
Pacific Northwest Loser

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I think specifically, people noticed at 25 and 30 pounds down. But my mom was noticing the first 10 pounds down.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Lovejoyradio. We are so close we can do this journey together. I was at 300 for start 18 days ago and was 188 when I weighed on Tuesday. Let's ride the wave down. Where bouts are you from?
Old 04-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post

You've got this! Keep up the great work!
Thanks Tripmama

[QUOTE=Dakin;4308967]prettyone, and jainjj (& mom) Good luck on your WI today! Let us know how you did!QUOTE]
Thanks Dakin I surely will

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Good luck on the weigh in, the first is pretty exciting for sure. Good job on the pizza thing, amazing what we can do on this diet.
Thanks Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I'm excited for you! It will be great! Looking forward to hearing from you later.
Thanks Chole. Glad to hear your surgery went well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volly View Post
Good luck, Prettyone! I'll be thinking of you today. You are doing great.
Thanks Volly, thanks for encouragement

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
You have been 100%, YOU will do great...Good luck!
Thanks Wuv

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
Good for you way to be strong and not eat that pizza
Thanks Haddy, it was hard I had to make and cook and watch them eat it. I did good. Im getting stronger by the day. Even though I dream about potatoes lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
Weigh in today..nervous..no cheating this week but still nervous
Good Luck on the WI today
Old 04-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsChill View Post
Good-morning All!!

I was going to post this on yesterdays wall but its been closed. And I am not trying to harp on the subject but I think it's an important thing for everyone's program. I'm bringing up the dreaded BlueCran Granata drink! I too faced much confusion regarding this product. I only feel confident now saying that it is indeed not a countable protein because of two reasons:

First, my coach who was not aware of this until I spoke to her about it, received confirmation on Monday when she attended an Ideal Protein conference and asked the Ideal Protein rep, who confirmed that it was not a countable protein.

Second, below is the email that I received directly from Ideal Protein:

Good Afternoon,

The BlueCran Granata drink would not count as one of your 3 daily proteins. You can use it but you would have to have something else with it.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Thank you and have a great day

---
Natasha Stewart
Client Relations – New clinics
Service à la clientèle – Nouveaux centres
Ideal Protein
202-178 rue Jean-Proulx
Gatineau (Québec) J8Z 1V3
Phone: 1.866.314.4447 # 261
819.772.0416 (fax)
[email protected]
www.idealprotein.com

I encourage you to discuss with your coach, or you yourself get clarification from Ideal Protein. I understand the plan is working but if removing this as a protein and adding one that actually counts can help with an addition .4 of a lb, then it's worth it!

I'm not a pro on this program but I thinks its important information!
My coach told me to take either the Raspberry jelly or BlueCran Granata drink every other day as an extra. BTW, I also drink the Raspberry jelly as a drink, I don't like it as a jell0.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 267/261/164

Good Morning All,

Had a good WI on yesterday, down 5 pounds and 3 inches. 13 pounds for 3 weeks. Feeling Good. Hope everyone is having a great OP day. Peace and Blessings.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #83  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoyradio View Post
Hey yall, I finally started my shakes (I bought this time last year lol) and I've done pretty well the first 3 days (9.2 pounds down yay!). I ordered from Ideal To Go, so I don't have a coach to ask questions directly so I really appreciate this forum!

Only question I need help with since it's not written explicitedly...are we allowed to have bacon? It's the only thing I'm craving. I even gave up cheese and I'm doing fine...just something about bacon that's calling my name!

I know the one thing keeping me from thinking "yes" is because of the fat. Could I have turkey bacon?

Thanks
My coach said 3 slices of turkey bacon was ok but ONLY every now and then not too often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by licaba View Post
Well had my 15th WI -5.4 (thats for 2 weeks) WOOHOO!! I am so happy!!!! Only 3 more pounds and I'll be able to say 'I lost 50lbs on IP'!!! How crazy is that!

I honestly don't think I would have made it this far without you guys!! my coach is nice but not as educated in IP as she probably should be. Which is why I want to ask for your opinions. When I started the program I knew I was going to the Dominican in May and my coach said a few weeks before you go we'll do a mini phase off. This morning she said she wants me to stay in phase 1 go on my vacation and enjoy myself then come back and jump in to phase one again. She is recommending I not go to phase 2 until I reach 170. I know the major indulgence for me on this trip will be alcohol. Any thoughts?
I would phase off, I would no stay on phase one while there. You want to enjoy yourself and you know you are going to have a few drinks. Its best to have your body some what "ready" for it.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

Morning everyone and welcome all the newbies. WI today and lost 4lbs for a total of 49lbs. Next week I will be out of the 200's. Yeah I can't believe it. Yesterday I had on a pair of red skinny jeans . I would put a picture up but I Can't figure out how to post it. Have a great day! Nancy
Old 04-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #85  
Pacific Northwest Loser

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ng951 View Post
Morning everyone and welcome all the newbies. WI today and lost 4lbs for a total of 49lbs. Next week I will be out of the 200's. Yeah I can't believe it. Yesterday I had on a pair of red skinny jeans . I would put a picture up but I Can't figure out how to post it. Have a great day! Nancy
Big congrats!!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookiepotpie2 View Post
Good Morning All,

I am using WF products (I placed a big order online) and it tastes so good I feel scared that I am messing up IP and ketosis but my coach has an order form right in her office said all the products are approved for all phases so I guess my next couple WI will let me know. I hope everyone has a great day. PS look I earned my tracker!!!!
Hi Pookie,

Just wanted to say I tried some of the WF products. To me they are a hit and miss. I would not order a lot at one time. I tried the "Sweet Onion" last night and it was horrible. I am going to try making my own salad dressing. I hope it works. LOL
Old 04-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
My coach said 3 slices of turkey bacon was ok but ONLY every now and then not too often.

I would phase off, I would no stay on phase one while there. You want to enjoy yourself and you know you are going to have a few drinks. Its best to have your body some what "ready" for it.
Hey Wuv I made your roasted veggie dish with cauliflower zucchini olive oil so yummy. I am making it again today. Nancy
Old 04-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #88  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ng951 View Post
go to User CP and edit avatar or if you wanna put it in your signature, edit signature. Its that easy
Old 04-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good Morning All,

Today is the big day my first official WI. Im excited and scared all at the same time. Hoping the scale is good to me, considering I have been OP 100% I was even strong enough to watch the family eat pizza last night while I ate my ol salad lol. Make it a great one~
You'll be fine. Don't stress too much!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all,
Just breezed through yesterday's posts, catching up. Great weigh ins yesterday!

Have a wonderful day, stay strong and OP!
Chloe

PS: Thank you for the good wishes the past couple of days. My surgery went well yesterday. Taking it easy today and this weekend.
Good Morning Chloe,
I'm really happy your surgery went well. You take care of yourself as your body heals.
Closed Thread