Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Hello everyone. I started IP Thursday afternoon. I made it through the weekend with some HUGE temptations and no cheating. My wife was baking cookies and cakes this weekend. The whole house smelled good enough to eat. I took off for a few hours with the kids. Went to the doctor today for an appointment and asked to get on the scale, not normal for me. I am already down 20#s but I know most if not all of it was fluid. But the pitting edema in my lower legs and feet is GONE so I'm pretty happy about that.
Wow good for you....I would not have done well at all with cookies baking in my house. Good for you for getting the heck outta there It gets easier. I am in my third week going to my four on Thursday and I had my first harder day yesterday after two days of temptation. I just hoped on this forum and got thru it and fine today. Keep up the good work
Old 04-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
We brought home our new rescue dog yesterday. What a sweetie, but you can tell who ever had him before abused him. So sad! He is a 1 year old Norfolk terrier mix. Well he is now in a home with people who will love him, feed him well and shower him with lots of love. Hopefully given time he will fatten up (extremely skinny) and blossom into a secure confident dog once again.
He doesn't know yet that he is in the best forever home he could ask for! What is his name?

We brought in 3 rescue kittens a year ago this month. I wasn't sure I could handle the first one that came our way. Odin was in rough shape - he wasn't weaned, one lens was popping out of his eye - vet warned us he might not make it - but he needed someone. We taught him to eat, were able to save his eye then we realized that he didn't know how to be a kitty, so we adopted 2 more kittens (well that was just our excuse).

I had been afraid to adopt since we lost our 18 year old cats a while ago - didn't think I could handle such a loss again. Best part is the kittens healed us too. I can't remember them not living with us.

LOL - I had to type this post with only my left hand - Odin is laying on my right arm and part of the laptop - and I can't bring myself to move him even a little bit - he is too cute.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Great post as usual everyone. I felt better today.....felt a little off yesterday having so much temptation....but didn't touch it and all of your post over the weekend got me through. Thank you and Monday to Friday is much easier for me. Even on other diets I would usually get thru the week but definitely derailed a lot on weekends. Thank goodness for gum and green tea! Hope everyone has a great sleep and a great op day tomorrow.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #109  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

My son and daughter-in-law are visiting and I had a big party for them this weekend. I'm pretty proud of myself for resisting the chips, pasta salad, cake, beer, wine etc etc etc! The only "straying" I did was that I had an extra 4 oz of grilled chicken in place of my evening IP protein. And filled up on veggies with WF bacon ranch dressing as dip! I won't see them again until October and am using it as motivation to be at my goal and looking FABULOUS by then!

Last edited by 3sisters; 04-02-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaxoLynn View Post
Hello Everyone! This is my third week on IP and i'm new to the website. I've lost 20 pounds and 7.75 inches! I feel amazing. I'm in North Carolina visiting with family and i feel like my food is being thrown off a little, making me a little depressed. I gotta get out of this funk!
First, congratulations !!! You are doing really well!!!!

Routine was so important to me. Made it much easier to stay OP. Maybe you can plan your meals even though visiting? Just having a plan can help you feel in control and confident. None of the forbidden foods are worth it. There are too many benefits to staying OP and what we are allowed to eat is darn tasty, so keep it going !!!

Good luck!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #111  
Just Do It, Mom!

How do you decide what your goal weight should be? I didn't want to set an unreasonable goal, so chose midway between the high and low "ideal weight" on the charts (150 - I am normal build), but I'd LOVE to be at the low end (135). Just don't want to set myself up for failure if my body wants to settle at a little higher (midway) weight, but I'm not afraid to challenge myself either. Is it better to set a little higher goal, then try for more when you get to that point if your body cooperates? I'm 58 so not sure if that makes a difference with what end of the 'ideal weight' scale I would likely achieve.

Last edited by 3sisters; 04-02-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #112  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Smile

Good evening all! Just chiming in to say hello I have made it through my fourth day on IP and no cheating.. Still not ready to look at the scale and still have some hunger pangs but they are dissipating. I am happy to say I found Walden Farms products at my local supermarket so at least my salads will be more interesting than the apple cider vinegar olive oil combo I have been having.

My 1st weigh in is Thursday and I do pray the scale moves downward !!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #113  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaroph View Post
Good evening all! Just chiming in to say hello I have made it through my fourth day on IP and no cheating.. Still not ready to look at the scale and still have some hunger pangs but they are dissipating. I am happy to say I found Walden Farms products at my local supermarket so at least my salads will be more interesting than the apple cider vinegar olive oil combo I have been having.

My 1st weigh in is Thursday and I do pray the scale moves downward !!
Congratulations for making it through four days. You are rounding the corner from the hard part of starting. Hunger is dissipating, probably going into ketosis. Glad to see you're already being creative and including the WF products. If you find something you don't particularily like, don 't throw it out. You'll be surprised how your tastes change over time.

I tried the turnip fries tonight. Not bad. My DH, who needs to gain weight, really likes them. In fact, we shared an OP dinner; stir-fried chicken and mushrooms with miracle noodles. Hope that doesn't make him lose more weight. LOL

My NSV today was for the first time in probably 5 years, I crossed my legs. Really gave me a mental boost.

Molly
Old 04-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #114  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Congratulations for making it through four days. You are rounding the corner from the hard part of starting. Hunger is dissipating, probably going into ketosis. Glad to see you're already being creative and including the WF products. If you find something you don't particularily like, don 't throw it out. You'll be surprised how your tastes change over time.

I tried the turnip fries tonight. Not bad. My DH, who needs to gain weight, really likes them. In fact, we shared an OP dinner; stir-fried chicken and mushrooms with miracle noodles. Hope that doesn't make him lose more weight. LOL

My NSV today was for the first time in probably 5 years, I crossed my legs. Really gave me a mental boost.

Molly
Congratulations on the NSV!! The turnip fries sound good. I do have some turnips around the house and will try this week.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:54 PM   #115  
Just Do It, Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicpinecone View Post
Good Afternoon. I made goal today! feeling super stoked. I am so glad that I resisted that urge to cheat over the weekend. I am starting phase 3 tomorrow. and then in two weeks maintenance. I was so scared of starting phase 3 but now I am so ready to be there that I'm excited. I also feel confident that I can do this and I think that is helping me so much.
GOAL! How exciting! Can't wait to get there! I am feeling stronger and more committed every day and seeing the successes of others gives me even more motivation and encouragement!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #116  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicpinecone View Post
Good Afternoon. I made goal today! feeling super stoked. I am so glad that I resisted that urge to cheat over the weekend. I am starting phase 3 tomorrow. and then in two weeks maintenance. I was so scared of starting phase 3 but now I am so ready to be there that I'm excited. I also feel confident that I can do this and I think that is helping me so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Congrats on your new family member. We live in Ontario Canada and rescued a black lab x who came from Georgia with 2 other house mates. His owner had a boyfriend moving in and he made her get rid of all four of her dogs. He as 6 when we got him he is 8 now. We feel very blessed to have him in our family. I worked for the local humane society for 15 years so rescue is very important to me. Good luck with the little one....hope he transitions alright into his forever home
It's been 24 hours and he seems to have settled in really well.
We use to have a chocolate lab who lived to the old age of 13 yrs. They are the best dogs! Miss that big guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
He doesn't know yet that he is in the best forever home he could ask for! What is his name?

We brought in 3 rescue kittens a year ago this month. I wasn't sure I could handle the first one that came our way. Odin was in rough shape - he wasn't weaned, one lens was popping out of his eye - vet warned us he might not make it - but he needed someone. We taught him to eat, were able to save his eye then we realized that he didn't know how to be a kitty, so we adopted 2 more kittens (well that was just our excuse).

I had been afraid to adopt since we lost our 18 year old cats a while ago - didn't think I could handle such a loss again. Best part is the kittens healed us too. I can't remember them not living with us.

LOL - I had to type this post with only my left hand - Odin is laying on my right arm and part of the laptop - and I can't bring myself to move him even a little bit - he is too cute.
He's living the good life already and adjusting really well. The rescue group gave him the name of Dexter, and we decided to keep it as it seems to fit him. He is in pretty bad shape as he is all skin and bones because he wasn't eating, and had a horrible infestations of ticks. The rescue group's vet took care of that and thankfully now the sores are starting to heal over, and he is on antibiotics to treat it. He has really perked up a lot and is eating quite a bit now too. He's so funny because he actually prances when he walks. We will never know what his story was, but I'm betting he was abused from the way he acted when we first met him.

It's really nice to have a second dog in the house again. Our lab died of old age about 4 years ago, and we still miss him desperately. So happy all of your cats found a wonderful home too.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
That is so neat. We can tell how deeply life changing this is for you. Funny, I noticed that I had many less flareups during the program. I figured it was the low level inflammation caused by the white sugar, white flour, etc. I have fibro and rheumatoid arthritis. Since going into Phase 3-4, I have noticed at least some of the pain in my hands and joints is returning. I'm wondering if I am gluten intolerant or have celiac. Once I get my habits set for Phase 4, I may experiment with gluten free cooking and see if that helps.

Anyway, congratulations !!!!
I have. FM as well. And feel sooooo much better on this diet. Stomach aches were a way of life for me, didn't even know that I had them until they were gone. And the rest of my inflammation is way down too.

Last edited by MaMaZu; 04-02-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

We brought home our new rescue dog yesterday. What a sweetie, but you can tell who ever had him before abused him. So sad! He is a 1 year old Norfolk terrier mix. Well he is now in a home with people who will love him, feed him well and shower him with lots of love. Hopefully given time he will fatten up (extremely skinny) and blossom into a secure confident dog once again.

Have a great OP day...
Rescue dogs are the best! Just keep lovin him to pieces and he'll forget his awful past. Ours is 11 years old now and she is a princess, but a priceless one. It's amazing what a good home will do for these animals!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
How do you decide what your goal weight should be? I didn't want to set an unreasonable goal, so chose midway between the high and low "ideal weight" on the charts (150 - I am normal build), but I'd LOVE to be at the low end (135). Just don't want to set myself up for failure if my body wants to settle at a little higher (midway) weight, but I'm not afraid to challenge myself either. Is it better to set a little higher goal, then try for more when you get to that point if your body cooperates? I'm 58 so not sure if that makes a difference with what end of the 'ideal weight' scale I would likely achieve.
Go to 150 - if you want to go further then, do so. Wuv did - her original goal was 250 I believe and now she's aiming for the stars! Mine was 135, but I settled out at 146 and it seems to work well for me.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Sherwood, glad to see you dropping by! I was wondering how you were doing. Seems you are maintaining well.

I was hearing some ladies in the grocery store discussing all the Ukrainian goodies they were making for Easter and I remembered you had posted about that around Christmas I think.

Pat
Closed Thread