Old 04-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
I had a great day today! We went for a drive up into the mountains....so beautiful!

Funny story- my husband gave our baby a bath then put him down for a nap. Well, he forgot to put a diaper on him! So, had a very wet baby and wet crib! So funny!

It was probably his sneaky way of never being asked to help with the kids again!!

Jealous about the drive in the mountains

WUV-Congrats for not being the biggest one at the pool! I was just telling my husband that hopefully this summer I can take my grandkids to the pool without feeling soooooo self-conscious.
GonnaB50NFabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default NSV today

Hi folks. I just bought some dress pants in size12/14. Omg. Have not seen that size for well over 2 decades. The inch fairy has been here a lot but the pound fairy is less present. Funny how that works.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 240/180/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullylady View Post
Sure! I'm so excited to try them - I went and got fresh parsley and I am going to do mushrooms and spinach...hope they stay together I also heard someone say this mixture was great to stuff into bell peppers or other veggies - YUM!!.
I have made these before. SO GOOD. They freeze pretty well too.
manhattanmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #154  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Talking Great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Hi folks. I just bought some dress pants in size12/14. Omg. Have not seen that size for well over 2 decades. The inch fairy has been here a lot but the pound fairy is less present. Funny how that works.
Congrats. I have a few twelves I can't wait to get into....I am hoping September?
Tripmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettuce wrap View Post
Proud today. My friends adoption went through. So great
Aw, that's so awesome! Congrats to them.
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 240/180/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardergirl View Post
I started the insanity workout series 2 weeks ago...took til now to be able to move, but it is an incredible workout for anyone interested. I am not sure if the workout is making me lose less...but I am going to stick with it. So far I am down 14 pounds, in 6 weeks. Hoping to drop 20 more. I really miss wine though!!!
I just watched a commercial for that today. You probably are losing less because you are gaining muscle. It looks so hard! I admire your drive! Don't worry too much about what the scale says.
manhattanmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Everything is to be done raw BUT there is controversy about this. When I do baby spinach I just fill up a 2 cup measuring cup, I don't pack it tight. As far as the tilipia I eat 2 fillets from the frozen packets at walmart. If you aren't getting the full 8oz its ok just get as close to it as possible. The fillets are pretty thin if you measure it frozen it will be close to 8oz or a little over, which again is still ok ...this of course is what I DO, I am no expert by no means, just sharing how I do things
I do the same with spinach - don't pack it too tight but don't just toss a few in, either.

As for the frozen stuff, especially fish, we look at the total weight on the package and go from there. 1lb is 16 oz. 1lb is also 454g. So we look for anything that has around 1lb or 454g since we're in Canada to give us two portions. If we're looking at singles then we're looking at about 225g per serving to give us the 8oz we need.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #158  

Let's see - does my signature finally work?
Old 04-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
I got into my "tester" skirt today. Tight in the waist and belly area but I was able to button it up. I remember wearing them when I was around 115 lbs. They are a size 8 which is pretty much the smallest I remember. I remember when 7 was a size and I was often 7/8.

I freaked out a little because I was like this should not be happening. I had set a long term post IP goal (in the back of my mind of around 115-120) based on what I used to be but here I am fitting into them. It is also explaining how I am zipping up size 6's now because I simply could not wrap my head around that one. Sometime in the last decade I think they changed sizes. My 7/8 from the 90's may now be a 6. I am still a medium top like I remember but the bottoms are surprising me.

My hopeful goal was always medium tops and 8/10 bottoms.

This diet sizes and re-sizes and reshapes you in interesting ways.
I saw a thing on Dateline or one of those shows, where manufacturers have been labelling clothing in a smaller size to get you to buy it. If you have one pair of pants in a 10, but another brand in an 8, you'll likely buy the size 8, even if they are the same measurements. I think there's some truth to it...I'm wearing a size 10 and I can't remember ever being that size...
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #160  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Today I saw a number on the scale that is the lowest weight I have seen in the last decade.
How exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettuce wrap View Post
Proud today. My friends adoption went through. So great
Congratulations to your friends. Our youngest is adopted. We are very lucky parents to have such an amazing son. As we like to say, "Our daughter was born under my heart, and our son was born in our heart."

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
How cool!
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Happy April Fools Day everyone!!
Mother Earth is playing with us today - was beautiful yesterday and today it is snowing non stop, a winter wonderland outside in Spring!

I'm seeing the doctor this week as I want to ensure my body is getting all the nutrients it needs so basically requesting blood work and perhaps a thyroid check. I know in the States the IP clinics do all kinds of work and monitor the patients but not in Canada as anyone can become a coach so nothing has ever been checked.

Does anyone have suggestions for me as far as the important tests to have done based on what your clinics check. I've also noticed my voice cracking lately and when I googled it I found info regarding to thyroid - hence the thyroid check. Not sure if the salt we have has enough iodine or whether that matters to 47yr old females.....

Any suggestions would be appreciated
thanks and have a wonderful Sunday
I've gotten my blood sugar tested (fasting test), liver enzymes, kidney function, cholesteral. If you had a baseline done before starting the program, they should all improve!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 207/181/135 started IP 3/23/12

So I have been on IP for 10 days and I wanted to spice things up. I mixed the raspberry jelly mix with vinegar and a little extra virgin olive oil and OMG what a dreat salad dressing and I will have enough for about 2 more salads whoop whoop
jenn04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

I know that Phase 1 is not a balanced diet but is restricted for weight loss. The very sad thing is, I think I am probably eating better and getting more nutrients than I did when I was eating my typical diet!

I do look forward to P4 so that I can begin to use my new knowledge about nutrition and whole foods that IP has inspired me to learn about!
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 152/112/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Well, I made it through another weekend at the beach staying 100% OP. I essentially followed Wuv's suggestion from yesterday and sat on the deck reading and watching the surf. I managed to get through the challenge of "happy hour" while hubby and friends were drinking alcohol on our deck by snapping green beans for dinner. Distraction works!!

I hope everybody had a great weekend and has a great week coming up!
MaggieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 228/156/133

Height: 5ft 3in

Coming up on 12 weeks on IP. 37 pounds down. 63 to go. Went for a nearly 4 mile walk today. Hope we keep getting nice Spring weather, and not that horrid heat like last year.
IrishLass59 is offline   Reply With Quote