Old 04-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiipa View Post
Thank you for your kind replies regarding my wl
I thought I ask my question here since more people read this:
Cellulite and loose skin- besides the jello and pomegranate/raspberry drink, what do you guys do to get rid of it.
Maybe TMI, but I have lost most of the orange peel look on my butt.
However, my legs are a different story. Jiggle, Jiggle and when I shop for pants, I noticed that many are awfully tight in the legs.
Full disclosure, I had a tummy tuck 6 years ago and with the fat cells removed, I guess the fat that I gained had to go somewhere . I am also not concerned about wearing a bathing suit aaaaand I realize that, at my age (51 this month), skin elasticity isn't going to be the same. However, if there is something I can do that is tried and true, I would like to give it a go.
I am considering a beginner's yoga workshop to strenghten my core but wonder if there is something else that would also help with my leg issue. (we won't even talk about batwing arms, okay!!!!)
Any thoughts are appreciated.
I've got alot of excess skin too, and at 59, my skin is not as elastic as it once was. My doctor said to give it a couple of years, that the body has a great ability to recover and absorb some of it. I have also started strength training in targeted areas. Another thing I have found is argan oil - supposed to be good for skin elasticity. It is spendy, so I made a little mix of argan oil, cocoa butter, aloe jelly and Burt's Bees baby cream, all good stuff for the skin. Time will tell if it really helps. I also started taking collagen supplements.

Good luck to you!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I made those crispy cereal pancakes and used the WF blueberry spread...pure heaven! I bet they'd be even better if I used the blueberry pudding....
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #108  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Wow. What a coincidence. Right as Carol posted this, I was serving up my Wildberry pancakes. I so miss berries. I am a berry addict. These are a great variation of the non-restricted cereal pancakes. I'm having this batch with WF pancake syrup, but the strawberry or blueberry may be just as good. As you can see the powder makes two batches, so I'm ready for the next time at breakfast.

Wildberry Pancakes
Ingredients:
1/2 pkg of IP Wildberry Yogurt
1/2 pkg of IP Crispy Cereal
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 c egg whites
Directions:
1. Take package of each IP wildberry yogurt and IP Cereal and blend up in magic bullet
2. Divide out into 2 equal 28g portions, reserve one for future snack.
3. Add baking powder and egg whites, mix. Thin out with water to pancake batter consistancy
4. Cook like pancakes in pan approx 2-3 minutes per side.

Have a great Sunday. I will be setting up a booth in a new Antique Mall. I have been selling "junque" for well over 20 years now. I need to get rid of more. Hope there are lots of buyers out there. We live in a tourist area, so maybe.

Molly
Thanks for the recipe Molly.. those will be my next experiment
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 237/153/170

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning from the *very rainy* Pacific Northwest

I was thinking I was going to make some waffles using some vanilla pudding and put some stevia toffee drops in there to make it better! I am loving those drops now - I'm enjoying some black coffee right now with a few drops!

I found a great Phase 1 recipe for meatballs that I'm going to prep today too! So excited for dinner tonight!

Hope everyone has a great day today!
bullylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Ok, I think I am "ready" for my night out....my new avatar is what I look like at this exact moment except my hands are shaking like crazy!!...lol...I am 46 yrs old I shouldn't be like this...hahaha....BUT its been 3 yrs since I have gone on a REAL date, (not playing Wii....LOL)....I think I need to puke....hahahah....nahhhh....Just playing, I am fine!!
My hubby thought your picture was very nice too!
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #111  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Willpower is interesting! I read a book on the most recent research on willpower...Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength. It was a good read. We can get better at willpower evidently, but it is a function that requires energy. Glucose is burned in order for us to exercise willpower. Fatiguing and stressful days thus can lessen the human ability of willpower. It is not always easy to summon depending on what has happened previous to the temptations.

I am trying to figure out how to handle the times when stress and decision fatigue leave me more vulnerable.

I just started reading 50 Things to Do to Soothe Yourself Without Food. I am an emotional eater and times of stress can lessen my willpower and trigger my cravings. Trying to learn other pathways to take that do not lead to the pantry!!
Hi there,
Hope your back is feeling better. Re emotional eating and the current book you are reading, please let us know, if you don't mind, what the key takeaways are. Maybe the top 10 hints?

Thank you so much, in advance, from many of us,
Chloe
Old 04-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrikanprincess View Post
Just checking in! Had a WI this morning, couldn't make it to my WI last week because my surgery rotation has been 13-14 hour days, 7 days a week so far! We don't often get lunch/snack breaks and are always on the go, so it's been a challenge.

I have survived 100% OP by stashing celery, hard boiled eggs, an IP bar and a low fat mozzarella cheese stick in my white coat pocket every day!! Even though the scrub nurses know me as "the med student with food in her pockets all the time", I have still been able to lose 3lbs over the past 2 weeks!!

IP works! So excited to almost reach the 20lb loss mark! Perseverance pays off, even when schedules are tight!

Hope everyone is having an amazing weekend & staying 100% OP!!
Being prepared really works - I do the same - always have an emergency stash so I can stay OP.

Keep up the good work, on all fronts!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #113  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! After my derailing on nuts Friday night and doing a Phase 1 day yesterday, I went back on Phase 4 this morning and, I must say, I appreciate it even more. I took my time and savored every bite of granola and yogurt. If I do not want to tend up eating gruel or packets the rest of my life, eating consciously and sensibly is a small price to pay. I also realized that 'guilding the lily' ....that little extra dollop of something here and there... blossoms into self-sabotage over time and that is what will bring me right back to a year ago. Never, ever again!

Wuv - I remember going on a date with a very sweet man many years ago, after not dating for years after my divorce. I was so nervous that my jaw became very painful and I could hardly chew a hamburger! I think he kinda wondered what was wrong with me! Ah, the joys of dating... Hope you had as incredible a time as we all hope you did.
Love your guilding the lily verbiage - really well put!

Quote:
This week I had a good loss, 2.5lb. I am getting excited because I am so close to the 130s .
That's fabulous!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
I know I have mentioned that I just got back from vacation but there was one thing that I forgot to mention...I fit in the d@#%d airline seat! Whew, I hate squishing into those seats and knowing the person next to you hates it too! I flew to San Francisco just before starting the diet and was so relieved it was my husband stuck next to me because I took up a seat and a half. This time (35 pounds lighter) I actually fit! I know there wasn't room to spare but I did fit!
That's one of the best NSVs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Hope everyone is having a good Sunday morning.

Another warm day here in Austin today. Later this morning I'm going out to a local coffee house to listen to a jazz band. Just hope we can find a table in the shade. After that we are going back to a animal rescue event we were at yesterday. We saw a little dog there that just really needs a good home. He's a little guy that was saved from the pound because he was on their euthanize list. He was either abused by his past owners, or attacked by some other dogs, but he is the sweetest little thing, very thin because he won't eat, and just really needs a home where he can be showered with love. We weren't looking for a second dog right now, but this little guy just really tugged at our heart strings and we have been thinking about him since yesterday. I held him for awhile yesterday and he really perked up. We would also need to see how he is with our dog at home, who's also very mellow. They both look like they would get along just fine.
Hi Dana,
Please post a pic of your new guy, if you get him.

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-01-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! Quick hello from rainy Vancouver. Just wanted to check in and say hi! I'll be back later to read all the posts and be more involved but wanted to say that I am dying to steal the bathroom scale at my hotel - it's so much kinder to me than the one at home!! Think anyone would mind?

That, and for the first time in ages, I didn't have to wear a seatbelt extender on my flight here AND wasn't totally squished into either armrest. Felt so amazingly good. Another NSV I can scratch from my long list!!!

And thanks for those that gave advice on how to stay OP during a long flight. Everything seemed to work out okay yesterday, now just to make it home on Tuesday!

Back later with more - and, finally, my signature/ticker!! Woot!
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #115  

Quote:
Thank you for your kind replies regarding my wl
I thought I ask my question here since more people read this:
Cellulite and loose skin- besides the jello and pomegranate/raspberry drink, what do you guys do to get rid of it.
Maybe TMI, but I have lost most of the orange peel look on my butt.
However, my legs are a different story. Jiggle, Jiggle and when I shop for pants, I noticed that many are awfully tight in the legs.
Full disclosure, I had a tummy tuck 6 years ago and with the fat cells removed, I guess the fat that I gained had to go somewhere . I am also not concerned about wearing a bathing suit aaaaand I realize that, at my age (51 this month), skin elasticity isn't going to be the same. However, if there is something I can do that is tried and true, I would like to give it a go.
I am considering a beginner's yoga workshop to strenghten my core but wonder if there is something else that would also help with my leg issue. (we won't even talk about batwing arms, okay!!!!)
Any thoughts are appreciated.
An idea: Why don't you post a new thread on Monday when more folks are on the boards and title it something like sagging skin? Collagen? and see what folks are doing? Might get some really good ideas.

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-01-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
An idea: Why don't you post a new thread on Monday when more folks are on the boards and title it something like sagging skin? Collagen? and see what folks are doing? Might get some really good ideas.
Thanks, I might do that. Already read some good stuff though MUST START STRENGTH TRAINING
shiipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #117  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

My 17 year old daughter had her Junior Prom last night. Just wanted to show off a picture of her. She looked beautiful!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01462 (2) (480x640).jpg (25.7 KB, 45 views)
mooselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #118  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullylady View Post
Good Morning from the *very rainy* Pacific Northwest

I was thinking I was going to make some waffles using some vanilla pudding and put some stevia toffee drops in there to make it better! I am loving those drops now - I'm enjoying some black coffee right now with a few drops!

I found a great Phase 1 recipe for meatballs that I'm going to prep today too! So excited for dinner tonight!

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Bullylady, would you mind sharing that recipe for the meatballs? I have some lean ground beef defrosting for dinner. Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
My 17 year old daughter had her Junior Prom last night. Just wanted to show off a picture of her. She looked beautiful!!
Mooselover... she is Gorgeous.
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 202/167/135

Height: 5'1:

Quote:
Beautiful
Tinawebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #120  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie773 View Post
So I have to travel to Mexico for work on the 17th and will be making a visit to my grandma as well and finally return on 4/22. I talked to my dr about it because I am almost positive it will be an extremely hard week. He said he would prefer for me to take the whole week off and then come back and start from 0. Is that right? Can I convince him to let me try phase 2/3? I haven't been home in years! I'm really excited to go.
I agree with everyone else DON"T GO OFF PLAN....do phase 2 or 3 if you are going to go off of phase 1 at all. Your coach would never know unless he reads your journal. IMO, he isn't a very good coach if he didn't give you any options except to completely go off plan. You can go traveling and stay OP, you know what you can have, you have that knowledge and control now, use it!!

Quote:
Beautiful just like her mom! love the dress!!

Ok now for my update!....He was told the party started at 7 but it started at 5...lol....he told me to be there for 7 so I was there for 645. When he told me where it was, I wasn't sure so I told him I would goggle it. I parked right next to his car so when (i thought) he would come look for me he would see me. Well he never came to look for me...lol....the party was over and they were cleaning up. People were leaving but I still stayed. At 8 I finally got up the courage to go wait for someone to come out of the door then ask who ever walked out next if he was still there. I wasn't just going to go in this place cuz I didn't know anyone....lol....So this guy walks out to throw some trash and I say "is Bubba still here?" he freaked out cuz he wasn't expecting anyone to be sitting there,....lol...so he said "yea c'mon in.." I said no that is ok just tell him to come out for a min. He goes in and tells Bubba....UMMMM...I dunno what you did but you got a beautiful red hair out there sitting on the sidewalk asking for you...Bubba said is it Lisa? he said I dunno but if you don't go talk to her I will....lmao....Bubba walked out and said OMG babe, why didn't you come in? so I told him why and stuff...I wasn't mad btw I just thought it was funny. So he took me inside and everyone was like WOW you were right blah blah blah...had a good time. There was tons of food laying around, I had my gum and liter bottle of water with me. They offered and of course I politely said no thanks. We left there then went to Denny's and had a light dinner since it was 1030pm and I hadn't eaten dinner yet. I chose the Veggie omelet and a side salad. I was home by midnight, he had to work today. So over all it was a great night, just spending time with him and cutting up with his family.

Its a beautiful day here in Southern Mississippi and I think I am going to enjoy it by the pool. I bought a cute new bathing suit top yesterday in a size 22-24!!! awesome right?....LOVE IT! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote