Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #61  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

Icanthinme: Congrats on Onederland! I am finally seeing it off on the horizon!

sekc14: Love your description of how much easier it is to ride your horse after losing almost 50 lbs! I am down 40 and I am so happy it’s spring and time to go hit the trails with my big beautiful draft cross mare!

Congrats to everyone on their SVs & NSVs. Strength and love to the smokers…may you find the right time and way to improve your health by kicking nicotine addiction along with your food addiction. My mom is a life-long smoker and I have watched her struggle with it for years…it isn’t easy, but THE REST OF YOUR LIFE is worth it!

As for me, I had my WI for week 11 today (missed weeks 9 & 10), I am down 8 lbs for a total loss of 40 lbs! Whoo-hoo!

HAVE A FANTASTIC IP DAY!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #62  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Happy Thursday everbody

Ok I have a dirty little secret..... I am a smoker. I have smoked for 32 years and have a 1 1/2 pack per day habit. .
In the past couple weeks I have been feeling so much better with the weight loss that it makes me want to quit ...... again (I tried quitting numerous times, just like dieting) so I bought the electronic cig to help me. Most of my family and friends say to wait because I am doing so good on IP they are afraid I wont be able to do both and that I may end up failing both. This does scare me too. But after being sick these past couple days, and having a simple cold turn into bronchitis which it always does, I am thinking about trying to quit on Monday. I know if I quit I will feel sooooo much better and with the weight loss too.. OMG it would be wonderful. But I know people normally gain weight when they quit. Maybe i should just wait until I finish with IP.

What are your thoughts? Has any one here done both together? I am so afraid to mess up my diet. Thanks for any input you can give me.
Everyone supports you in what your decision will be. They are right ONLY YOU can do it and if you feel you are ready then do it. Like one suggest ween yourself off slowly and it might not be so bad. You have done an outstanding job with the weightloss so far and I BELIEVE you can kick this smoking as well. You are changing as a person because you now have control over food, the food doesn't control you. YOU can have that control with the smoking as well. If you are determined enough YOU CAN DO IT!!...I will send a few extra thoughts your way to help you stay strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Needing advice again.... I get very busy at work and end up getting home late, having had only a morning and lunchtime IP product, then sit down for a filling dinner (no IP product) around 7:30 or 8:00. I head to bed around 9:30 or 10:00 and am not one bit hungry. Should I still get my (3rd) evening IP product in, even though I'm not hungry for it or anything else? Does it matter if I just don't have that 3rd IP product? Seems silly when I am trying so hard to lose, to MAKE myself eat when I'm not hungry.
Even though you are NOT hungry EAT that 3rd packet. Sometimes I am not hungry for it either so I will make a shake and drink it quick...lol...because I know I NEED TO HAVE IT to get the most out of the program. Don't skip out on it...just do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2greatcats View Post
I have all my packets organized for my weekend away, in quart zip bags labelled "Friday," "Saturday," and "Sunday" lol. That way I don't have to think about what I'm doing and can just do it. I'm going to try the pudding waffle this weekend, as well as the chocolate mug cake. Plan, plan, plan.
At first I was going to "just have a taste" of the scones I'm making for Sunday brunch, but DH (who is being great and supportive) said "just don't do it!!" and I agree - slippery slope and all. This way of eating isn't forEVER, just till the weight comes OFF, and I'm on a roll, don't want to stop the momentum!!
Give your DH a BIG BIG HUG and tell HIM THANK YOU from ME!!!....he is right DON"T DO IT!....you can have a scone ONCE YOU ARE DONE...stay strong, I am glad he supports you like he does....He is VERY PROUD of YOU!

Good afternoon everyone, Looks like we are having a GREAT week of WI's, that is exciting!!!....I woke up this morning feeling like 20lbs lighter for some reason, its a WONDERFUL feeling!!...I think its going to be an outstanding day!!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

What a wonderful day of weigh ins!! Congratulations everyone for doing great! Onederland, oh how I can't wait to be there. My estimation is within 10 weeks I will join the onederland crowd. I had truly given up ever seeing that. Now with IP and the support of my husband, family, and all of you it is not just possible but probable!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #64  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

It's much easier for me to bend my knee now, to pull it up to my chest. I remember watching Marie Osmond in that Nutrisystems commercial and wanting that for myself. I don't know why but it was very important for me to be able to sit like that. I don't do it as effortlessly as her but I can do it. On this journey I did a pretty good job of documenting things.

I have my ticker and weekly weigh-in numbers here. I did weight loss jars. I measured myself (occasionally) but there are few things I forgot to do and wish I had so I am sharing them for those of you are still yet early on your respective journeys.

1. I wish I had measured my wrist and forarms. Don't ask my why but they feel smaller now. Might have been nice to know of the changes there. By chance I measured my ankles and I am glad I did as like my wrist those were two areas I was sure would show no change. Lost an inch in each ankle. Don't know how it happened or where it went but I did.

2. Wish I had measured my neck. Another area that I did not carry a lot but it might have been nice to know just like the wrist and forearm.

3. I wish I had taken pictures. I can't explain why I never did and why I never bothered to later in this journey. I have gotten used to the way I look now so I can't always tell how much I lost and where. Which is why the measurement chart is so important to me. My boobs feel big but a lot in inches were lost. I was definitely wearing the wrong bra size.

4. More than anything I wish I had documented the little triumphs. Things like ease of tying shoe laces, crossing legs, ease of walking. Some days I bound up stairs like a youngin'.

Just a few things I wish I had documented.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Good morning everyone and congrats to all the terrific weigh ins. I've started going every two weeks now as my coach has agreed to weigh me even though I've started alternatives - she basically said her goal is to see us succeed no matter how we get there!

I have a question which may seem a little odd. Has anyone else noticed a "smell" emitting from their body which is hard to describe but perhaps musty or dirty, but not sweet. I just can't pinpoint it as I haven't smelt it before, I shower every morning and wash my clothes all the time. I've asked my DH and he can't smell anything

This kind of freaks me out as my mother passed away from pancreatic cancer and I recall her saying she had a "smell" that none of us could notice.

I'm wondering if what we are doing with the pancreas / insulin has something to do with the smell. I've tried googling it to no avail

Any insight would be appreciated, I know this diet does weird things with our body and brain (dreams) and hope this is one of them
Old 03-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #66  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Good morning everyone and congrats to all the terrific weigh ins. I've started going every two weeks now as my coach has agreed to weigh me even though I've started alternatives - she basically said her goal is to see us succeed no matter how we get there!

I have a question which may seem a little odd. Has anyone else noticed a "smell" emitting from their body which is hard to describe but perhaps musty or dirty, but not sweet. I just can't pinpoint it as I haven't smelt it before, I shower every morning and wash my clothes all the time. I've asked my DH and he can't smell anything

This kind of freaks me out as my mother passed away from pancreatic cancer and I recall her saying she had a "smell" that none of us could notice.

I'm wondering if what we are doing with the pancreas / insulin has something to do with the smell. I've tried googling it to no avail

Any insight would be appreciated, I know this diet does weird things with our body and brain (dreams) and hope this is one of them
I sometimes notice that as well but I think it is all of the vitamin's we take. Its more when I go to the restroom than anything, if you are unsure about this contact your DR and see what they advise since your mom had that issue,
Old 03-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydocmom View Post
Back from WI 5, lost 4.2 lbs Loving IP!!!
That's a fabulous loss!! When these big losses happen - especialy for someone who is not that overweight at this point - why did that much come off? Was there something special you did this last week?
Old 03-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #68  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

What wonderful WIs, NSVs and positive attitudes today.. whooo hoooo to all of you.

I would like to say that you people are amazing! All the support on here is unbelievable, truly warms my heart. Thank you.

I have decided to quit my dirty habit, I figure if it gets too unbearable and I feel that I will jeopardize my weight loss then I will put off the quit till another time. I am obsessed with IP and I have a strong desire to be healthy and the smokes are really blocking my full potential to reach that goal of good health. So maybe I can also be obsessed with quitting as well. besides, being in ketosis, with the metallic taste, they really taste so much worse.

Thanks again for all the advise and support!!!!!!!!!

p.s. I will accept any extra prayers or positve thoughts lol
Old 03-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
What wonderful WIs, NSVs and positive attitudes today.. whooo hoooo to all of you.

I would like to say that you people are amazing! All the support on here is unbelievable, truly warms my heart. Thank you.

I have decided to quit my dirty habit, I figure if it gets too unbearable and I feel that I will jeopardize my weight loss then I will put off the quit till another time. I am obsessed with IP and I have a strong desire to be healthy and the smokes are really blocking my full potential to reach that goal of good health. So maybe I can also be obsessed with quitting as well. besides, being in ketosis, with the metallic taste, they really taste so much worse.

Go you! When you become an ex-smoker, send some of your will power my way!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #70  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydocmom View Post
Back from WI 5, lost 4.2 lbs Loving IP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemIAm View Post

As for me, I had my WI for week 11 today (missed weeks 9 & 10), I am down 8 lbs for a total loss of 40 lbs! Whoo-hoo!

HAVE A FANTASTIC IP DAY!

Quote:

Sending lots of positive thoughts you way!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post

Funny you bring this up...just this morning for the first time as I was rushing around I caught a smell of what seemed like a dirty sweaty person. There was no one around me, I was alone in my house - I'm very, very clean, use Safe Guard anti bacterial soap daily, have totally clean clothes on and I use 2 fabric softeners (1 in the wash, 1 in the dryer) because I like my clothes to smell a certain way. My hair is perfectly clean (and shiny). My breath is unusually foul too but could be ketosis. Not till today did I notice my breath and I have asked my husband previously and it wasn't bad before. Not worried about it - don't smell that initial smell now.

Please post on this Daily thread what you find out.

Odd.

Last edited by Chloe222; 03-29-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemIAm View Post

sekc14: Love your description of how much easier it is to ride your horse after losing almost 50 lbs! I am down 40 and I am so happy it’s spring and time to go hit the trails with my big beautiful draft cross mare!

Congrats to everyone on their SVs & NSVs. Strength and love to the smokers…may you find the right time and way to improve your health by kicking nicotine addiction along with your food addiction. My mom is a life-long smoker and I have watched her struggle with it for years…it isn’t easy, but THE REST OF YOUR LIFE is worth it!

HAVE A FANTASTIC IP DAY!
CONGRATS on the weight loss!! Think how gorgeous you will look and feel by summer! This is such a wonderful time of year to be slimming down!
Old 03-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 197/181/140

Height: 5'2

Hello All,

Good Afternoon!! I have been OP 100% woo!the hardest part of my day was a retirement party at the office and there was a platter of food and YUMMY rum cake but, I said NO i don`t want cake I know what it taste like I don`t need it and stuck to my salad... Sometimes it the small victories

Candice
Old 03-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 187.4/ticker/145

Height: 5'10"

Today is going better, just need to read the post and it sets the tone for motivation. Thanks so much. Does any one know the excat number of total carbs that you should be allowed for each day, along with how many fat grams you should be having? I tried looking around and never found a solid answer. I understand that calories is around 800.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #75  
IP start 3/18/12

S/C/G: 224.9/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

does anyone know if this diet is supposed to speed up your metabolism?
Closed Thread