Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #16  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

I have all my packets organized for my weekend away, in quart zip bags labelled "Friday," "Saturday," and "Sunday" lol. That way I don't have to think about what I'm doing and can just do it. I'm going to try the pudding waffle this weekend, as well as the chocolate mug cake. Plan, plan, plan.
At first I was going to "just have a taste" of the scones I'm making for Sunday brunch, but DH (who is being great and supportive) said "just don't do it!!" and I agree - slippery slope and all. This way of eating isn't forEVER, just till the weight comes OFF, and I'm on a roll, don't want to stop the momentum!!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #17  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Cadu,
I am a smoker! ! When I began the program my coach and I discussed this at lengeth, She wanted me to wait until I am 85% to goal weight before I attempt to quit. She said at that time I can exercise and that could be my motivation and new habit! Soooooo....We shall see....I hate smoking and I know it's a terrible thing.....next thing on my list to a Better New me!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Happy Thursday everbody

Ok I have a dirty little secret..... I am a smoker. I have smoked for 32 years and have a 1 1/2 pack per day habit. .
In the past couple weeks I have been feeling so much better with the weight loss that it makes me want to quit ...... again (I tried quitting numerous times, just like dieting) so I bought the electronic cig to help me. Most of my family and friends say to wait because I am doing so good on IP they are afraid I wont be able to do both and that I may end up failing both. This does scare me too. But after being sick these past couple days, and having a simple cold turn into bronchitis which it always does, I am thinking about trying to quit on Monday. I know if I quit I will feel sooooo much better and with the weight loss too.. OMG it would be wonderful. But I know people normally gain weight when they quit. Maybe i should just wait until I finish with IP.

What are your thoughts? Has any one here done both together? I am so afraid to mess up my diet. Thanks for any input you can give me.
Cadu: One of my co-workers quit smoking 8 weeks ago using an electronic cig. Like you he has tried numerous times and was a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker. This time, when he made up his mind(because of comments his kids had made), he has QUIT!!! It has not affected his mood, negatively. He has also not gained weight. So all of this to say: If you are ready, Go For It!! Success is becoming a habit for you now
Old 03-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Needing advice again.... I get very busy at work and end up getting home late, having had only a morning and lunchtime IP product, then sit down for a filling dinner (no IP product) around 7:30 or 8:00. I head to bed around 9:30 or 10:00 and am not one bit hungry. Should I still get my (3rd) evening IP product in, even though I'm not hungry for it or anything else? Does it matter if I just don't have that 3rd IP product? Seems silly when I am trying so hard to lose, to MAKE myself eat when I'm not hungry.
I have the same problem with my daughter having volleyball 4 nights a week. My coach told us to try and get a minimum of 2hrs between meals and never miss the one right before bedtime. Sometimes thats as late as 11pm. and our weight loss hasn't sufferd any so far.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #20  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Happy Thursday Everyone!! Had my 7 week WI yesterday, down another 4lbs for a total of 22.8!! I feel fantastic!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Happy Thursday everbody

Ok I have a dirty little secret..... I am a smoker. I have smoked for 32 years and have a 1 1/2 pack per day habit. .
In the past couple weeks I have been feeling so much better with the weight loss that it makes me want to quit ...... again (I tried quitting numerous times, just like dieting) so I bought the electronic cig to help me. Most of my family and friends say to wait because I am doing so good on IP they are afraid I wont be able to do both and that I may end up failing both. This does scare me too. But after being sick these past couple days, and having a simple cold turn into bronchitis which it always does, I am thinking about trying to quit on Monday. I know if I quit I will feel sooooo much better and with the weight loss too.. OMG it would be wonderful. But I know people normally gain weight when they quit. Maybe i should just wait until I finish with IP.

What are your thoughts? Has any one here done both together? I am so afraid to mess up my diet. Thanks for any input you can give me.
I'm another dirty little smoker. I want to quit as well, and KNOW I NEED TO. I have talked to my doctor at length about this and she strongly suggested against dieting and quitting smoking at the same time. She said that both of these things are very stressful on your body, so it's best to put yourself through one thing at a time. If you truly want to quit, maybe try cutting out a few cigarettes a day and seriously cut back. That will get you going down the road of quitting without completely making your body freak out. Another thing that you should consider is the reasons why people gain weight when they quit smoking. Yes, people eat more because they tend to replace cigarettes with food. Myself, when I've quit in the past, I've used celery instead of candy, gum, sunflower seeds, etc. and I've still ALWAYS gained at least 20 pounds. Nicotine does give your metabolism a boost, and it is an appetite supressant....another reason why smokers gain weight when they quit. Food also tastes better because cigarettes screw with your taste buds. All that being said...only you know when the time is right for you and what you can handle. My cigarette smoking has gone down significantly since starting this diet because I feel better and I'm more active. When you're busy...you smoke less! Once I am off of the diet and have established my good eating habits in maintenance, my husband and I are both quitting. I think knowing the time is coming and already being focused on my health from the diet will help tremendously. By that time I'll be comfortable with exercise, my new body, and healthy eating habits. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck. Quitting smoking is the hardest thing to do ever....many medical professionals say it's even harder than giving up a heroin addiction! Please keep us posted on what you decide to do...I'm anxious to hear your results!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Weigh-in day today for me...I lost 3 lbs for a grand total of 46! I've officially made it to Onderland and it's fantastic here! I'm never leaving!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #23  
IP start 3/18/12

S/C/G: 224.9/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Needing advice again.... I get very busy at work and end up getting home late, having had only a morning and lunchtime IP product, then sit down for a filling dinner (no IP product) around 7:30 or 8:00. I head to bed around 9:30 or 10:00 and am not one bit hungry. Should I still get my (3rd) evening IP product in, even though I'm not hungry for it or anything else? Does it matter if I just don't have that 3rd IP product? Seems silly when I am trying so hard to lose, to MAKE myself eat when I'm not hungry.
from what my coach tells me, you should be having 3 IP packets per day in phase1. it keeps your metabolism going. I usually have an IP packet for bfast 8:30am, lunch 11am-12pm, and snack at 4pm, then i have dinner around 6-7pm.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #24  
IP start 3/18/12

S/C/G: 224.9/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
Weigh-in day today for me...I lost 3 lbs for a grand total of 46! I've officially made it to Onderland and it's fantastic here! I'm never leaving!
AWESOME! Congrats!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Congratulations!! That's fabulous! Enjoy the success and kieep up the good work!

You must be getting oodles of compliments!

Chloe
Old 03-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #26  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Mmmm, banana pancakes for breakfast this morning! A nice change up for me.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
Mmmm, banana pancakes for breakfast this morning! A nice change up for me.
Is that an IP option?

I don't have a coach and my local clinic doesn't take this seriously, they keep forgetting to email me their list of foods...I do a combo of IP and alternative. Starting doing alternative because my clinic lost my food order the second week...turns out the soups are tastier anyway.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #28  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
You HAVE to have your 3 IP packets per day. If you don't get in enough protein then you run the risk of loosing lean muscle mass which will cause your body fat to go up. It's all about planning.

Quote:
Nothing better than onederland!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #29  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Happy Thursday everyone. It's unofficial since WI isn't till next week for me, but I got on the scale this morning and I'm unofficially in the 180's now. I can't believe it. I was once so focused on just getting to onederland that I forgot about what comes next. So excited!

Some great WIs this morning. Great job everyone.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #30  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Is that an IP option?

I don't have a coach and my local clinic doesn't take this seriously, they keep forgetting to email me their list of foods...I do a combo of IP and alternative. Starting doing alternative because my clinic lost my food order the second week...turns out the soups are tastier anyway.
I used the recipe for the blueberry pancakes that was posted and just exchanged the IP banana pudding packet. Here is the original recipe:

Blueberry Pancakes
1/8 tsp baking powder (pinch)
1/3 cup egg whites
Little vanilla extract
IP packet - blueberry pudding mix
Start with 3 oz of water and mix. Add a little at a time if you need too to get the right batter consistency. Enjoy!
Closed Thread