Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #46  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. I finally decided to try some of the recipes this week. I have made the cauliflower popcorn several times (love it) and I made a crispy rice cereal pancake yesterday and a bluberry pudding waffle this morning. Yummmmmmmmmmmm!!! I was so afraid to try things because I am a horrible cook and didn't want to waste 4.95 a packet to try it. I am glad I did
Old 03-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #47  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Happy Thursday everbody

Ok I have a dirty little secret..... I am a smoker. I have smoked for 32 years and have a 1 1/2 pack per day habit. .
In the past couple weeks I have been feeling so much better with the weight loss that it makes me want to quit ...... again (I tried quitting numerous times, just like dieting) so I bought the electronic cig to help me. Most of my family and friends say to wait because I am doing so good on IP they are afraid I wont be able to do both and that I may end up failing both. This does scare me too. But after being sick these past couple days, and having a simple cold turn into bronchitis which it always does, I am thinking about trying to quit on Monday. I know if I quit I will feel sooooo much better and with the weight loss too.. OMG it would be wonderful. But I know people normally gain weight when they quit. Maybe i should just wait until I finish with IP.

What are your thoughts? Has any one here done both together? I am so afraid to mess up my diet. Thanks for any input you can give me.
GO FOR IT!!! You are strong enough and there is no better time than the present. There will always be an excuse to wait. I decided when I started IP that I was tired of making excuses for everything in my life. I am taking charge of my life and I am sooo happy for that
Old 03-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #48  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Good morning, folks. This diet is awesome. However there is no rhyme or reason to where the Whoosh Fairy takes the pounds and inches from. Sometimes she has a sense of humor. For weeks I have planned today as the professional bra fitting day. It is quite a distance so planning is key. Anyway, this morning I woke up, jumped on the scale, and was down another pound. However, a glance in the mirror revealed that it all came from my right boob!!!!!. Oh well, going to the bra store anyway. Hopefully I will even out soon. LOL
Let's hope the Whoosh Fairy visits the left side soon. It's funny just this week I was telling myself I need to go and get fitted, it is time. The temporary ones I bought aren't working but I keep putting it off knowing the cost of a good holster and wanting it to have the perfect fit. But, I seriously thought the diet stopped working on that area. It feels like my losses for a while have been in my thighs and belly area. And arms too. My left boob was always larger than my right. I had hoped the diet would correct that. LOL! But, alas it is more noticeable (probably just to me) now than before. Hope your fitting goes well.

Last edited by purple sky; 03-29-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie773 View Post
ugh i just noticed i left my vitamins at home!!!
Have them when you get home. It is a good idea to have a stash of a packet or bar and a days worth of supplements in your purse or car. For emergencies!
Old 03-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Cadu, I feel your pain on trying to quit. I quit cold turkey almost seven years ago and ooooh boy do I still miss it! But I love being able to breathe better and not stink better.

People have given you some great advice about timing and the pros and cons of doing it while you're OP so you've got lots to consider there. I'd just like to add this as another motivational tool for when the time comes.

For me, looking at this chart sometimes got me through some really hard days and helped keep me from falling off the wagon because I knew it was sending me right back to square one. As a result, I haven't had a single drag of a cigarette since I quit June 1, 2005. Hope it's helpful!

What Happens In The Body When
A Person Stops Smoking?

• 20 minutes: Blood pressure drops to normal; pulse rate drops to normal; body temperature of hands and feet increases to normal.

• 8 hours: Carbon-monoxide blood level drops to normal; oxygen blood level increases.

• 24 hours: Chance of heart attack begins to decrease.

• 1 to 3 months: Circulation improves; walking becomes easier; lung functions increase 30%.

• 3 to 9 months: Coughing, sinus, fatigue, and shortness of breath decrease; increased ability to "clean" lungs, reducing likelihood of infection; body's overall energy increases.

• 1 year: Added risk of coronary heart disease is now half that of a smoker.

• 5 years: Lung cancer death rate decreases by half.

• 15 years: You are no more at risk of heart disease than if you never smoked!
Old 03-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #51  
restart 1/14/13

S/C/G: 210/208/170

Height: 5'9"

Good Afternoon IPers! YAY WI and down 3.5lbs, back to my pre-St. Patrick's Day/Birthday weight. Really have to stay OP for my sister's wedding at the end of April. Anyone having ringing in their ear? Seems to come and go.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #52  
NewToThis

S/C/G: 265/169/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone! I am in phase 4 and new on here. I have lost 100 pounds in 7 months, and loving that! Just a little harder to control myself when I'm not on strict phase 1, so I seem to be jumping back and forth with phase 1 days and phase 3 days, and cheat days. Wish I could balance it all out right, and soon! Any advice from maintainers would be so helpful!
Old 03-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #53  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I look forward to every pound lost because I can do more and feel better. It's like having a handicap lifted. The other day I carried a 50# feed sack from the house down to the barn. It was so heavy!! I think about how I carried around an extra 81 lbs in 2009!! No wonder I hurt all the time.

Cantering my horse at my previous weight used to put too much stress on him. He'd lower his head and shake it, then buck a little when we cantered. He was trying to tell me, no! Tuesday I had the best time riding him in Middleburg, VA. He cantered for long periods of time without complaining!! Plus, I felt more secure in the saddle!! Becoming athletic is the best part but, being able to ride better is just over the top. I still have 47#s to go. I can only imagine how wonderful I'll feel by the time I reach goal! It makes it all worthwhile. I'm so happy, I could cry!

Last edited by sekc14; 03-29-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneurohr View Post
Isn't it amazing how loosing weight makes you want to be healthy all around! Good luck trying to quit smoking. I know that I have had family members try and quit and it is hard. I feel though that if you really want something you find a way to achieve your goal. I think that as long as you stay strong you can achieve both. There are some days that I think doing IP is the hardest thing I have done. You have to have motivation and if your motivation is that next time you get sick you don't want it to turn into bronchitis that is all it takes! Good luck and keep us posted!
My son overcame smoking and alcohol at the same time seven years ago.
He hasn't looked back since. I though he would never be able to give up cigarettes. He started smoking at age 15 although we didn't know about it then. He was close to 30 when he stopped. Over the years he had also spent a fortune on patches too but always started smoking again as soon as he went through the weeks recommended to be on them.
He quit cold turkey one morning by using the Allan Carr method.
I had bought the book for him and he also got a box of cards from the bookstore based on the book. He carried some of these with him. He said the Carr method made total sense to him after many failed attempts to quit.

Pat
Old 03-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

Alright its time to admit, I’m a dirty dirty smoker too. I quit 10 days before going on IP using a combo of the patch and the electric smoke. However I had a major trigger at work on night and started smoking again. The big different I found was my energy level, when I didn’t smoke and was OP I would go go go until 11pm at night. Now that I’m smoking again I’m out of energy by 5pm. Also my sleep is a mess, when I didn’t smoke I could sleep for just a few hours and would be fine, smoking doesn’t matter how much or little I sleep I’m still tired. I too am going to try quitting again….. very very soon, I’m thinking Tuesday as I’m off Sat-Mondays and being at home is harder not to smoke then it is at work.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 178.5/175.5/125

Height: 5'2

Back from WI 5, lost 4.2 lbs Loving IP!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 177/147/125

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellym1021 View Post
Happy Thursday Everyone!! Had my 7 week WI yesterday, down another 4lbs for a total of 22.8!! I feel fantastic!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!
Awesome....
Old 03-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydocmom View Post
Back from WI 5, lost 4.2 lbs Loving IP!!!
Yahoo - congrats! You're halfway to your goal!
Old 03-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #59  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Wink I Love Horses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
I look forward to every pound lost because I can do more and feel better. It's like having a handicap lifted. The other day I carried a 50# feed sack from the house down to the barn. It was so heavy!! I think about how I carried around an extra 81 lbs in 2009!! No wonder I hurt all the time.

Cantering my horse at my previous weight used to put too much stress on him. He'd lower his head and shake it, then buck a little when we cantered. He was trying to tell me, no! Tuesday I had the best time riding him in Middleburg, VA. He cantered for long periods of time without complaining!! Plus, I felt more secure in the saddle!! Becoming athletic is the best part but, being able to ride better is just over the top. I still have 47#s to go. I can only imagine how wonderful I'll feel by the time I reach goal! It makes it all worthwhile. I'm so happy, I could cry!
Riding is one of my biggest motivators right now. At this weight ground work is the only thing fair at the moment... 20 more pounds to walk/trot...40 pounds to canter!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
But I know people normally gain weight when they quit. Maybe i should just wait until I finish with IP.

What are your thoughts? Has any one here done both together? I am so afraid to mess up my diet. Thanks for any input you can give me.
That may be the best way, when I gave up smoking I put on my weight due to putting everything in my mouth. As you have been on the program for awhile and have gone through the crappy feeling, headaches and hunger it may be easy to incorporate. I've never tried the electronic cigarette but had good success with the patch.

All the best to you
Closed Thread