Old 04-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 257.8/179.8/135

Height: 5'2"

Just ordered my first case of the newlifestyle ready to drink chocolate drinks. Now, if someone could just find an exact copy of the IP chocolate drink mix and the IP Choco Raspberry bars. I'd be set!
ChubbyCherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #47  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyCherub View Post
Just ordered my first case of the newlifestyle ready to drink chocolate drinks. Now, if someone could just find an exact copy of the IP chocolate drink mix and the IP Choco Raspberry bars. I'd be set!
OMG... i love the choc. raspberry bars, and the lemon poppy!

Ok so my questions is... do you all still see your coach and use alternative prods? I've been tooling around with doing a 50/50 IP/Altern. thing but worried my coach will say NO and have to sneak and will eventually get caught lol.
mlucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
OMG... i love the choc. raspberry bars, and the lemon poppy!

Ok so my questions is... do you all still see your coach and use alternative prods? I've been tooling around with doing a 50/50 IP/Altern. thing but worried my coach will say NO and have to sneak and will eventually get caught lol.
I still see my coach, and still buy IP products. I'm just trying to get the things that I love that my coach is always sold out of. There are certain products I can't live without, and my coach never has any left by the time I go for my weigh in.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #49  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Great thread. I just placed an order (with Nashua) for some soy nuts, bars, soups, omelets and drinks. The one thing I was really looking for were the Peanut Soy Nuts. So far they're my favorite treat.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Great thread. I just placed an order (with Nashua) for some soy nuts, bars, soups, omelets and drinks. The one thing I was really looking for were the Peanut Soy Nuts. So far they're my favorite treat.
I'm eyeing the Garlic & Onion Soy Nuts. I wonder if they are the same. Those are another favorite that my coach never has in stock.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #51  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I still see my coach, and still buy IP products. I'm just trying to get the things that I love that my coach is always sold out of. There are certain products I can't live without, and my coach never has any left by the time I go for my weigh in.
And they dont have a problem with you using the Alt prod? Or do they not know? lol

What are your fav's?
mlucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #52  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
I'm eyeing the Garlic & Onion Soy Nuts. I wonder if they are the same. Those are another favorite that my coach never has in stock.
I think I ordered some of those too. You should go to the Nashua Nutrition web site and check out the food you want. The label is right there online to look at so you should be able to compare.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
And they dont have a problem with you using the Alt prod? Or do they not know? lol

What are your fav's?
I wouldn't have been able to use them when I was going to my clinic. My coach wouldn't have agreed to it.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I wouldn't have been able to use them when I was going to my clinic. My coach wouldn't have agreed to it.
My coach doesn't really know. But if the products are exactly the same, only in different packaging, it shouldn't matter, right? I mean, you can use IP products given to you by people who are no longer on the diet, so why not this?
Old 04-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

Hello to my fellow Canadians - which sites do you use for delivery in Canada. I would like to order Proti-thin and Healthsmart Protein products for alternatives, but don't want to fork out the $30+ for shipping from the US?
PEIslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
Hello to my fellow Canadians - which sites do you use for delivery in Canada. I would like to order Proti-thin and Healthsmart Protein products for alternatives, but don't want to fork out the $30+ for shipping from the US?
Someone in this thread had mentioned Dr. Bernstein's. I guess it's a Canadian company that has products that are exactly the same as IP products. (They don't ship to the US.)
Old 04-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #57  

Quote:
Someone in this thread had mentioned Dr. Bernstein's. I guess it's a Canadian company that has products that are exactly the same as IP products. (They don't ship to the US.)
http://store.drbdiet.com
Old 04-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #58  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Default My alternative product sources have been...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
I'm located in Ontario, about a two hour drive NE of Toronto. I've ended up getting things from a few different places. Dr. Bernsteins was one of them. I also found several things at Doctors Best Weight Loss, which is in the USA as well but had significantly lower shopping costs than Nashua, at least to where I am in Ontario.

I also found things like soy nuts and a few other products which seem plan appropriate at The Low Carb Grocery Store (which is located near Toronto). I also bought all my WF products from them. One day while shopping in Shoppers Drug Mart I happened to notice they sold ProtiLife Peanut Butter bars which match well when compared with the equivalent IP bar label. They are good, and I'll definitely get them again. ProtiLife offers the standard run of products as well, and you can order them from their Canadian online store.

These websites all give the nutritional data and the label for the products... I just compared the IP nutritional/label details with those given for the alternate products I was considering. Mine aren't necessarily always 'exact' replacements, but do fit the criteria closely - and I am losing weight, so they seem to be working. I lost 6.6 lbs on my first WI (which was last Wednesday), and when I gave in to curiosity yesterday and stepped on the scale it showed another 2.5 lb loss. I'm trying to only weight myself once per week to avoid being frustrated by any daily fluctuations through the week - and my 'formal at-home' WI will be done on Wednesday.

http://store.drbdiet.com/

http://doctorsbestweightloss.com/

http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/cat...oducts_id=2130

http://www.protilife.com/products-overview.aspx

I hope this helps. Hopefully some of our other Canadian posters will chime in as well.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #59  

Quote:
Dr Berenstien charges a huge amount to ship even in Canada. It is as much as it costs to order from Nashua and pay the shipping costs. But if there is a clinic near you you can go into the clinic and but the products right there.

The most economical way to buy in Canada is through proteinwell but Nashua has a better variety. But the shipping is costly from the US.
Pat
Old 04-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #60  

Quote:
My coach doesn't really know. But if the products are exactly the same, only in different packaging, it shouldn't matter, right? I mean, you can use IP products given to you by people who are no longer on the diet, so why not this?

I didn't mean there was a problem with using alternatives. I left my clinic because it was too far away and only used alternatives.

But the clinic I was going to would not have let me cotinue if I was only buying products for some meals from them and buying the rest of the packages for the week elsewhere.

Pat