Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #61  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

Thanks MustangMolly for the diet soda doc!

Love your avatar pic. What area of TV are you in? My sis lives in Red Bank.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #62  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

[QUOTE=3mama;4211833]My coach is also a very good MD and I definitely trust her. She explained that a) we are eliminating whole food groups on this diet so are super deficient in some areas and b) our bodies rarely absorb all of a nutrient in a vitamin.

Also if you look at the IP supplement sheet that you linked to earlier you will see that many of the nutrients have WAY over 100% (thiamine has 2,666% for example).[/QUOT

Hello,

You know what? Even before reading your answer, your first post made me think about it and I printed the supplements info sheet and I compared my multi vitamin and indeed it has less than the IP one, so yeah, you are right, I might need to take two instead of one, so thank you for bringing this up, I have to take some time to compare with all the other supplements i take to see if I should add one multi vitamin or not, but I think yes, so again thanks for letting me Know
Old 02-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #63  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello all. It's Friday & I'm getting my hair done tonight so that is good. I should be really happy, but I'm uber focused on the 0.8lbs my scale jumped today (I have been 162 since Monday and stuck there all week and now today up 0.8lb) I have limited myself to weighing once a day, but this really threw my day off. My losses the first two weeks were great and the subsequent two have been not great at all. I started IP exactly a month ago (January 10) so it's not like I can be disappointed with where I'm at. But relative to everyone else's losses and how it's slowed down, I'm not sure how to feel about the coming month. At this rate I won't get very far I'm trying to be positive about it all, but I am not succeeding at that either. I hope you guys are having a better start to the weekend.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #64  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1space View Post
Ladies... you should all be jealous. I think I have captured the best man ever.
My fiance told me today that if I wanted to lose weight that was fine with him, but not to try too hard, because (jokingly) he didn't know if he would still like me skinny.
This made me feel like I was doing IP for ME ... not for him, or wedding pictures.
He knows just what to say to inspire me for ME!!

Anyone else have inspirational boyfriend or DH stories?
I'd love to hear 'em!
I don't have a specific inspirational story, but I adore my husband he supports me in my weight loss teaching me how to exercise since he is an athlete and knows what he is doing, I just adore him to pieces, and he looks like a Greek God with all his defined muscles, he is an amazing man and I wish I could meet all my ex's and tell them "in your face! Look to what I upgraded to, you losers! Lol
Old 02-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #65  
started IP 1/23/12

S/C/G: 229.8/180/140

Height: 5 ft

[QUOTE=sandralosingweight;4211871]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mama View Post
My coach is also a very good MD and I definitely trust her. She explained that a) we are eliminating whole food groups on this diet so are super deficient in some areas and b) our bodies rarely absorb all of a nutrient in a vitamin.

Also if you look at the IP supplement sheet that you linked to earlier you will see that many of the nutrients have WAY over 100% (thiamine has 2,666% for example).[/QUOT

Hello,

You know what? Even before reading your answer, your first post made me think about it and I printed the supplements info sheet and I compared my multi vitamin and indeed it has less than the IP one, so yeah, you are right, I might need to take two instead of one, so thank you for bringing this up, I have to take some time to compare with all the other supplements i take to see if I should add one multi vitamin or not, but I think yes, so again thanks for letting me Know
That's what I love about this site! We can all learn from each other. I know that I have learned a ton from so many people.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #66  
started IP 1/23/12

S/C/G: 229.8/180/140

Height: 5 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
Hello all. It's Friday & I'm getting my hair done tonight so that is good. I should be really happy, but I'm uber focused on the 0.8lbs my scale jumped today (I have been 162 since Monday and stuck there all week and now today up 0.8lb) I have limited myself to weighing once a day, but this really threw my day off. My losses the first two weeks were great and the subsequent two have been not great at all. I started IP exactly a month ago (January 10) so it's not like I can be disappointed with where I'm at. But relative to everyone else's losses and how it's slowed down, I'm not sure how to feel about the coming month. At this rate I won't get very far I'm trying to be positive about it all, but I am not succeeding at that either. I hope you guys are having a better start to the weekend.
Are you weighing at the same time each day and with roughly the same amount of clothes on? Regardless the scale will vary from day to day - it has to do with water retention, sleep, bowels, and all sorts of other variables. I personally weigh almost every day, but don't let the changes affect my mood. Yesterday I was down a pound, today I am up .8 - no big deal it happens. As long as the overall weekly trend is downward I am happy. I personally think you should refrain from weighing everyday if it is going to throw your whole day off. You also cannot compare your wieghtloss to anyone else, especially people who have a lot more than you to lose. Be kind to yourself (and put the scale out of sight)!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 187 / 178 / 120

Height: 5' 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
I don't have a specific inspirational story, but I adore my husband he supports me in my weight loss teaching me how to exercise since he is an athlete and knows what he is doing, I just adore him to pieces, and he looks like a Greek God with all his defined muscles, he is an amazing man and I wish I could meet all my ex's and tell them "in your face! Look to what I upgraded to, you losers! Lol
Sounds like your DH is very similar to mine. I could have written exactly what you wrote!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #68  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenrod View Post
Hi everyone,
WI #18 last night. I'm down 60.5 total.
Fabulous ! You must look and feel great .
Old 02-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #69  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
You have lost 11 pounds in 1 month ! You rock ! Don`t let the scale play with your head. 11 pounds ! Focus on the positive and have a great OP weekend !
Old 02-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 282/?/175

Height: 5'6"

Started IP today. I was starving all day...... After dinner this evening i feel so full it's crazy... I don't like that full feeling. I think I have to change and have the evening snack between lunch and dinner. Just have 96 pounds to lose. I have already lost 74 on a previous weight loss journey. Wish me luck.....
Old 02-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #71  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

I had WI#5 today and I am down another 2.3 lbs. It's my TOM so I am very pleased with this loss.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 187 / 178 / 120

Height: 5' 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specialb View Post
Started IP today. I was starving all day...... After dinner this evening i feel so full it's crazy... I don't like that full feeling. I think I have to change and have the evening snack between lunch and dinner. Just have 96 pounds to lose. I have already lost 74 on a previous weight loss journey. Wish me luck.....
I have been on IP for only 9 days. I still remember that starving to overly feeling.
Stick with it for a few more days and it will pass. I promise.
Soon that will but a memory and you will be on your way to your ideal weight!

You have to stay strong for a little while longer! You are SOO worth it!!
Old 02-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemsham View Post
Weigh-in #5 and another 3.5 pounds gone. I have figured out if I don't have a small amount of protein at lunch (deducted from my dinner protein of course) my weight loss stalls - as long as I do the lunch thing it keeps on moving down - hopefully this trend continues :-)
~Tammy
That is really interesting. I started adding some protein between breakfast and lunch because i am more hungry then. Glad to hear it might actually be beneficial
Old 02-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #74  
Restart IP 1/1/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemsham View Post
Weigh-in #5 and another 3.5 pounds gone. I have figured out if I don't have a small amount of protein at lunch (deducted from my dinner protein of course) my weight loss stalls - as long as I do the lunch thing it keeps on moving down - hopefully this trend continues :-)
~Tammy
I do the same thing. I eat protien at lunch everyday in a salad and deduct it from my dinner protien. No problem so far.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #75  
Restart IP 1/1/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by weddingbells View Post
Hi Everyone - I'm getting married in 6 months and my plan was to lose all the weight I had to from Jan - March so that I could spend the remaining 3 months planning the wedding. Well.... its Feb 10th and I've been on Day 1 of Ideal Protein everyday since Jan 1st!!! I dont know what to do I break my diet every day.. or i'll break it on day 2 or if i'm lucky enough to get to day 3 i'll break it then! I need some serious help I need to lose 20 pounds. Ive been 150 since Jan 1st and I want to be 130 by June 1st.

I'm on day 1 again and almost went to Harvey's right now to get a Poutine but realized the car wasnt on the driveway (luckily). So now i'm here trying to avoid the craving. Can someone please help me get past 3 days of this diet!!!

This really is a "no cheat" diet and the results can be wonderful if you stick to it. Have you considered another plan? Here is what I do. On those days that I feel like I have to have more food I eat a litte bit more protien. It always fills me up and takes away my craving. I always have a couple ounces of protien at lunch and deduct it from my dinner protien. Why don't you make tomorrow a new day and if you are hungry eat a slice of turkey or chicken. That should stop any craving. Good luck.
Closed Thread