Old 02-08-2012, 10:45 PM   #136  
On my way down

S/C/G: 165

Height: 5'1

My coach suggested cutting out the one a day and replacing it with the twice a day items. So instead of the bars, zippers, etc. I have another drink, or soup.
Vamprist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:45 PM   #137  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliosmommy View Post
I received my shipment of Miracle Noodles today. I opted for the sample so I also received the noodles that look kinda dark (I can't remember what they're called). Anyway...how do we count the noodles? Are they veg?...confused.
Maybe I've been doing it wrong but I count them as WONDERFUL and FREE.
I hope I haven't screwed up!
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #138  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
Maybe I've been doing it wrong but I count them as WONDERFUL and FREE.
I hope I haven't screwed up!
I've been told & read that they count as *free* if you have ONE serving Not towards veggies, just "free"
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamprist View Post
Hello everyone. This is my first time on any kind of community website so I apologize if I'm not doing this correctly.

I started IP on Dec 6th, 2011 at 189lbs. I am now 165lbs and counting. However, my weight has not decreased in the last 3 weeks/weigh ins. I am following IP correctly and have even cut out the once a day item to cut down my caloric intake. I am losing some inches but very minimal (.5 of an inch). I've also gained a pound which isn't much of anything but 1 pound gain on this diet shouldn't be happening. I also started the detox portion of the diet, almost two weeks ago, which is supposed to help increase the weightloss. But again, no pounds lost.

I'm beginning to feel incredibly frustrated and discouraged. My coach is great and always positive but I still feel blah.

Has anyone had this issue or can give me any suggestions? Do I quit the program for a few days and start again? Keep going and hope for the best? Start exercising?

If anyone can provide some insight on this, I'd be forever grateful.

Thank you so much!
You have done very well so far!! Good for you.
I'll bet you are having this latest set back because you have cut back to too little food.
The plan is very low cal to begin with.

In your case I would add back the daily restricted; use some recipes for the packages that use the two egg whites allowed; make sure you are getting the olive oil in (not just using it for cooking, measure it out for salad dressing), have a huge salad everyday and mix up your protein sources at the "regular" meal. Don't always pick the lowest fat option such as chicken breast.
Go back to the protocol sheet and make sure you are getting everything in that's allowed. I am sure you will see a nice loss again after a week of following the plan with everything included.

Oh and of course water, water, water!!!

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #140  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
I've been told & read that they count as *free* if you have ONE serving Not towards veggies, just "free"
WHOO HOO I love FREE!
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #141  
On my way down

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
You have done very well so far!! Good for you.
I'll bet you are having this latest set back because you have cut back to too little food.
The plan is very low cal to begin with.

In your case I would add back the daily restricted; use some recipes for the packages that use the two egg whites allowed; make sure you are getting the olive oil in (not just using it for cooking, measure it out for salad dressing), have a huge salad everyday and mix up your protein sources at the "regular" meal. Don't always pick the lowest fat option such as chicken breast.
Go back to the protocol sheet and make sure you are getting everything in that's allowed. I am sure you will see a nice loss again after a week of following the plan with everything included.

Oh and of course water, water, water!!!

Pat
Thank you!! When the weight starting coming off, I was super excited. Still am because this diet is a dream come true.

I was told to replace the 1 a day with another every day item to lower the caloric intake. I think the diet is around 900 calories a day and my coach wants it to be 700 or so. I also drink 12 cups of water throughout the day which includes green tea.

Perhaps I should go back to the 1 day and see what happens?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #142  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Thank you!! When the weight starting coming off, I was super excited. Still am because this diet is a dream come true.

I was told to replace the 1 a day with another every day item to lower the caloric intake. I think the diet is around 900 calories a day and my coach wants it to be 700 or so. I also drink 12 cups of water throughout the day which includes green tea.

Perhaps I should go back to the 1 day and see what happens?
WOW!!!....that is what is going on....you are going into starvation mode...your body is HOLDING onto EVERY ounce because it thinks you aren't going to feed it.....I am with Pat....UP your intake!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #143  
On my way down

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
WOW!!!....that is what is going on....you are going into starvation mode...your body is HOLDING onto EVERY ounce because it thinks you aren't going to feed it.....I am with Pat....UP your intake!

Sounds like a plan ladies! I never would have guessed I was going into starvation mode. That sucks but I'm happy to know this is fixable. *fingers crossed*. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out with this!!

Let's hope Saturday's weigh in is less depressing
Old 02-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
I started IP on Dec 6th, 2011 at 189lbs. I am now 165lbs and counting. However, my weight has not decreased in the last 3 weeks/weigh ins. I am following IP correctly and have even cut out the once a day item to cut down my caloric intake. I am losing some inches but very minimal (.5 of an inch). I've also gained a pound which isn't much of anything but 1 pound gain on this diet shouldn't be happening. I also started the detox portion of the diet, almost two weeks ago, which is supposed to help increase the weightloss.
First off you shouldn't cut out any of the 3 products that are required per day, you are correct that it would reduce your caloric intake however that puts your body into starvation mode. When in starvation mode your body will not want to give up any of its fat.

I have had an issue lately losing weight but had a fantastic weigh in this morning. The only thing different I did this past week was replace my morning IP shake with the Premier Protein Shakes from Costco at 30grams of protein. Perhaps my body requires the extra protein - I'll see how next week goes.
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #145  

I think your coach is on the wrong track with that but that's just me.
The plan is very carefully planned out with lots of research so I don't know why your coach is messing with a good thing.

I am your height and started IP at around you current weight although I had worked my way down from 204 but that took 5 years.
i stalled quite often and then realized I was not getting my oil in and I had cut the fat to next to nothing because I was usually eating chicken breast or lean ground turkey as my protein choice.
My coach told me right from the beginning that the people who were most successful were the ones who had a huge salad with a variety of veggies each day. She said to really take advantage of the free lettuce for that, I use romaine. She also said the choice to have two egg whites a day is a great way to add protein for minimal calories.
If you have not lost for three weeks eating the amount you posted on the other thread you are definitely in starvation mode.
Adding the restricted back will be a first step but think about the egg whites, big salads filled with lettuce, the olive oil and also a good variety of protein at the main meal.
your coaches idea of cutting back on calories isn't working.
Look at the response WUV wrote a few posts ago on this thread about the work being done for you with the protocol sheet and make sure you get everything on them in each day.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #146  
On my way down

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I think your coach is on the wrong track with that but that's just me.
The plan is very carefully planned out with lots of research so I don't know why your coach is messing with a good thing.

I am your height and started IP at around you current weight although I had worked my way down from 204 but that took 5 years.
i stalled quite often and then realized I was not getting my oil in and I had cut the fat to next to nothing because I was usually eating chicken breast or lean ground turkey as my protein choice.
My coach told me right from the beginning that the people who were most successful were the ones who had a huge salad with a variety of veggies each day. She said to really take advantage of the free lettuce for that, I use romaine. She also said the choice to have two egg whites a day is a great way to add protein for minimal calories.
If you have not lost for three weeks eating the amount you posted on the other thread you are definitely in starvation mode.
Adding the restricted back will be a first step but think about the egg whites, big salads filled with lettuce, the olive oil and also a good variety of protein at the main meal.
your coaches idea of cutting back on calories isn't working.
Look at the response WUV wrote a few posts ago on this thread about the work being done for you with the protocol sheet and make sure you get everything on them in each day.

I started at a higher weight as well and lost 10 lbs on the master cleanse. Not something I recommend to anyone btw! A 14 day starvation cleanse isn't the way to go for weightloss.

I'm afraid I don't know about the egg white option. Is that in addition to the meal plan? Perhaps the extra protein will help. My coach didn't say much about the oil but I saw it as an option in the reading materials. I think I'll start adding that in as well and the big salad for lunch and dinner too. I haven't been eating any lettuce even though it is unlimited. Think I'll print off WUV's post and keep it with me so I can ensure I'm getting everything in.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #147  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
First off you shouldn't cut out any of the 3 products that are required per day, you are correct that it would reduce your caloric intake however that puts your body into starvation mode. When in starvation mode your body will not want to give up any of its fat.

I have had an issue lately losing weight but had a fantastic weigh in this morning. The only thing different I did this past week was replace my morning IP shake with the Premier Protein Shakes from Costco at 30grams of protein. Perhaps my body requires the extra protein - I'll see how next week goes.

OMG!!! What a weigh in!! I am so excited for you. But I don't want you battle you in the Costco parking lot over the remaining drinks!! But maybe you go to GP not Edmonton.

I got into those drinks because a friend had weight loss surgery. Her doctor told her the trick for good loss was "30 in 30". That is 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of getting up. As a total non morning person with a long commute that sounded undoable, then right after that I saw those drinks.

Good job on getting right on track this week. If i saw a loss like that someone would have to revive me!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #148  
On my way down

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post

Congrats on the fantastic weigh in!

Do keep me posted on the extra protein shake from Costco. If it's working, it's definitely worth looking into at this point. Since I seem to be starving myself, the extra protein could do me wonders!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #149  

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmothoe View Post
I have a Mirena, and now that you mention it, I am spotting more since I went on the program. I didn't connect the dots until I saw your post.

I wonder if all that soy is estrogenic enough to cause this.
I have a Mirena as well. My doctor told me that fat cells store estrogen. It stands to reason that as we drop the fat (yippee!) we also release the estrogen, and that's what is messing with the cycle. I have gone MONTHS without anything, and as soon as I start dropping a bit of weight I start getting spotting and mini periods. Compared to what I had, I'm okay with that!

Ylanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #150  

Quote:
I started at a higher weight as well and lost 10 lbs on the master cleanse. Not something I recommend to anyone btw! A 14 day starvation cleanse isn't the way to go for weightloss.

I'm afraid I don't know about the egg white option. Is that in addition to the meal plan? Perhaps the extra protein will help. My coach didn't say much about the oil but I saw it as an option in the reading materials. I think I'll start adding that in as well and the big salad for lunch and dinner too. I haven't been eating any lettuce even though it is unlimited. Think I'll print off WUV's post and keep it with me so I can ensure I'm getting everything in.
Also make sure you have a copy of the protocol sheet too and follow that like the bible as WUV said.
Your body must think war has been declared with the master cleanse then the calorie cutting coach. It will be so must easier if you totally follow the protocol sheet.
I am certainly not the poster child for quick weight loss but every little bit keeps adding up. You will be so happy by summer that you did this. We need to be in top shape to battle the killer mosquitoes if it is anything like last year!