Old 02-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 390/312/220

Height: 6'

So I weighed in Monday night and only lost ~3.5 lbs. My coach was visibly disappointed. I was a little too. My progress had been very good. 13lbs 1st week, 7lbs 2nd week, 6 lbs 3rd week, and then the 3.5. I did do what I call a minor cheat. I had a small bag of Pork Rinds for Super Bowl and tried to make french fries out of kohlrabi (epic fail) but nothing else major. That is until I found out that I shouldn't be drinking splenda sweetened lemon water.

Those sweeteners apparently can slow down your weight loss. At any rate I made an excellent meal last night. General Tso's Chicken! I cut up a 6 oz chicken breast dipped the pieces in egg whites and dredged them in the crepe mix. Lightly fried them in 1 tbsp of oil and then added soy sauce, thai chili garlic paste, WF pancake syrup, and a little stevia sweetener. Tossed in some broccoli and served it over cauliflower rice. Absolutely Delicious. I then took the rest of the crepe mix and made a crepe with the WF strawberry spread for dessert. I am really digging the crepe mix. You can do so much with it.
Thurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
So I've read a few times about this 20g of carbs daily which makes absolutely no sense to me, if you add up 3 packages of IP food for the day you are over20g of carbs......

eg. chocolate drink 7g carbs
crispy cereal 7g carbs
bar 15g carbs

TOTAL: 29g carbs

And that doesn't include your 4 cups of veggies/day
Any thoughts out there???
I'm not sure where the 20g carb figure came from, but I agree with you, it's not realistic. Most days when you include the veggies and IP foods I would say you're probably closer to 40g carbs (depending on what you choose of course). Honestly I just stick to the sheet and don't worry to much about it.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurge View Post
So I weighed in Monday night and only lost ~3.5 lbs. My coach was visibly disappointed. I was a little too. My progress had been very good. 13lbs 1st week, 7lbs 2nd week, 6 lbs 3rd week, and then the 3.5. I did do what I call a minor cheat. I had a small bag of Pork Rinds for Super Bowl and tried to make french fries out of kohlrabi (epic fail) but nothing else major. That is until I found out that I shouldn't be drinking splenda sweetened lemon water.

Those sweeteners apparently can slow down your weight loss. At any rate I made an excellent meal last night. General Tso's Chicken! I cut up a 6 oz chicken breast dipped the pieces in egg whites and dredged them in the crepe mix. Lightly fried them in 1 tbsp of oil and then added soy sauce, thai chili garlic paste, WF pancake syrup, and a little stevia sweetener. Tossed in some broccoli and served it over cauliflower rice. Absolutely Delicious. I then took the rest of the crepe mix and made a crepe with the WF strawberry spread for dessert. I am really digging the crepe mix. You can do so much with it.
First of all I'd definately take the 3.5lb loss!
Secondly, can you move in and cook for me - jk, your description of food is making me hungry and sounds delicious ...
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #34  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
I too struggle with being tired! Any suggestions out there?
For you and others that are finding yourselves being tired, I am not sure there is a one answer fix for this.
After a month I was riding my bike 3-5 miles a day and walking 5 miles a day and I didn't get home from walking until around 10:00 and then I was having dinner.
So if anything I was the exact opposite when it came to energy.
Maybe you need to space out your meals and snacks differently.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 269/236/180

Height: 5'8

Good Morning! Just wanted to share a little something...
Had my routine bloodwork, and got my results yesterday....
IP has helped lower my Cholesterol levels A WHOLE LOT! I mean it went from a 212 preIP to 174!! HDL, LDL, Trigs. Everything is at perfect levels! I'm hypothyroid, so this is GREAT news to me!
NewSexyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #36  
Started IP 01/14/2012

S/C/G: 280/261/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
So I weighed in Monday night and only lost ~3.5 lbs. My coach was visibly disappointed. I was a little too. My progress had been very good. 13lbs 1st week, 7lbs 2nd week, 6 lbs 3rd week, and then the 3.5.
Thurge - first of all, HOORAY for having lost 3.5lbs in a WEEK! When else have you been on a diet that allowed you to eat and lose that kind of weight in a week? I understand where you are coming from - after seeing big losses at the beginning, seeing a lower number can be disappointing. Now, pork rinds were probably not the best idea - just my opinion - the salt content probably has you holding on to some water. Having said that, if your coach was disappointed in the cheat, that is one thing, but if they were disappointed in the # on the scale, that is another. I had a problem with that my second WI -the "coach" was obviously disappointed. I had to question her motives - I lost 12lbs first WI, and 4 on the second. Frankly, we both should have been doing handsprings that I had stayed OP all week and also at the 4lb loss.

You sound like you cook a lot - I'm loving the recipe ideas you are posting! Keep up the good work.
Chuckles1330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #37  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps,
I just wanted to share with you what happened to me yesterday, cause I am so prioud of myself for it.

One of my all time favorite things are Krispy Kreme donuts (which is across the street from us). The hot melty goodness of them just make me weak and I could eat a dozen of them while the are hot. Well, one of the girls I work with came around letting everyone know that she brought some in, she came to my desk and said I know that you can't have them bit I wanted to let you know cause I don't want to leave you out. I said thank you, then I got up went to her desk an d opened the box. Her mouth, along with everyone elses just dropped. I said what?? I can't have them but I never said anything about not being able to smell them. Then I bent over and took 2 big whiffs, closed the box and walked away. The guy that sits across from me said "now that is true will power!!" and then he sat there and ate two of them. I was perfectly happy and content with just smelling them. This was a big accomplishment for me, because in the past, I would've told myself that it was okay to eat one or two and that I would just start the diet back over again tomorrow. It's funny how the longer you are on this plan, your taste changes. I do not even crave any of the things that I used to love.

I guess I HAVE finally had enough and my mindset has changed.
SO AWESOME!!! WAY TO GO!! that feels so good today and way better than the KK tasts for a minute!!!!
100poundfreeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #38  
dedicated

Quote:
Morning Peeeps!
Here's hoping everyone has an OP day!
When you are totally at peace with yourself, nothing can shake you."
Be unshakeable!
My home scales finally moved, we shall see what Saturday brings!
I love this saying! I"m going to be unshakeable today THANKS!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #39  
Started IP 01/14/2012

S/C/G: 280/261/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Anyone Else Allergic to Miracle Noodles?

Tried Miracle Noodles for the first/last time on Saturday night. Had a horrible allergic reaction, of which I am still feeling the residuals. Anyone else had this problem? I'm ok with tofu shirataki noodles, but the Miracle Noodles really did a number on me. I'm allergic to onions, and the only thing I can think of is that maybe the plant from which the noodles are derived is in the same family as onions.
Chuckles1330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #40  
dedicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischyff View Post
Good morning fellow IP'ers, I was wondering how everyone is feeling on this protocol? I am extremely happy with my results (25 pounds in 5 weeks) BUT I find myself so very tired all the time. I can't seem to stay awake later than 8:30 lately and I struggle on the weekend at social events to keep from yawning. I began walking daily about 10 days ago and hoped the exercise would help, but it doesn't seem to. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of fatigue?
Hi Mischyff ...... I have to say I woried I would not feel good or have much energy on this plan but I can say I have had the oposit! I have more energy and I feel motivated. I do get quite sleepy by bed time and that normally happens at 10:30-11pm I get up at 6AM so it's normal after chasing a toddler around to be tired. But over all I feel I do have more energy...... but I'm only two weeks in so I hope this feeling doesn't go away. Good luck and maybe you are just fighting off illness right now and a cold is trying to sneak up on you or something.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Good Morning IPeeps,
I just wanted to share with you what happened to me yesterday, cause I am so prioud of myself for it.

One of my all time favorite things are Krispy Kreme donuts (which is across the street from us). The hot melty goodness of them just make me weak and I could eat a dozen of them while the are hot. Well, one of the girls I work with came around letting everyone know that she brought some in, she came to my desk and said I know that you can't have them bit I wanted to let you know cause I don't want to leave you out. I said thank you, then I got up went to her desk an d opened the box. Her mouth, along with everyone elses just dropped. I said what?? I can't have them but I never said anything about not being able to smell them. Then I bent over and took 2 big whiffs, closed the box and walked away. The guy that sits across from me said "now that is true will power!!" and then he sat there and ate two of them. I was perfectly happy and content with just smelling them. This was a big accomplishment for me, because in the past, I would've told myself that it was okay to eat one or two and that I would just start the diet back over again tomorrow. It's funny how the longer you are on this plan, your taste changes. I do not even crave any of the things that I used to love.

I know for me just being able to get a few good whiffs of something is almost better than actually eating it. My co-worker thought I was going to inhale her lasagna a few days ago LOL! I still do it at restaurants but have to be much more discrete so I don't look like a wierdo
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #42  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

3.5lbs is NOT a bad weigh in! Your body is adjusting to you losing so much weight so quickly! Most of the time 3.5lbs is a good round number for MOST people on this board & on the diet lol. Also a "minor cheat" could possibly lead to bigger cheats, thus kicking you out of ketosis. Some people use sweeteners and some don't. I use MiO and I still lose pretty consistently. Now if that's all you're doing is eating sweetener, then probably not. Some people's bodies just don't like it & some can tolerate it.
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 149.6/137/120

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellym1021 View Post
Good morning!! Today is Day 3 on program, so far so good!! Have a great day everyone!!
Keep going!! How are you feeling?
Katiedela9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #44  

Smile

Quote:
Good Morning IPeeps,

Way to GO!!! I love being able to sit there and not be tempted!!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #45  

Smile

Quote:
Morning Peeeps!
Here's hoping everyone has an OP day!
When you are totally at peace with yourself, nothing can shake you."
Be unshakeable!
My home scales finally moved, we shall see what Saturday brings!
Thanks for the encouragement!! Love it!!