S/C/G: 232.5/208.8/175.0

Height: 5'9"

Made the cereal pancakes again and finally success !! Yummy :-) Tammy
Old 01-24-2012, 11:56 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimup2day View Post
As a non seafood lover, but trying to find a fish that's not fishy tasting, I would love to know if this Talapia is good choice to start with? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm assuming it's best to buy fresh and not frozen, is this correct?

Thanks a bunch!
This is likely about the best choice for you as it is a very mild fish. It really takes on the flavour of whatever spices you use. I never have had a problem with frozen fish, I think much of it is flash frozen right on the boat so is just like fresh when you prepare it.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:59 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 190.8/158/150

Height: 5'5

Wyo1963, I just realized that you started 2 days after me and have lost 10 lbs more than me. What are you doing differently than me? It looks like you exercise (I was told not to.) Is there anything else? I've stayed OP for the whole time.

I'm very happy for you, but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Heidi
Old 01-25-2012, 12:36 AM   #124  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey all. Lot's of interesting things to read here today! I want to congratulate all of you who had loses, NSV's, and feelings of strength the second time around on IP. I had a rough day today. I didn't "cheat" or anything (that's just not in my plan), but I didn't get all my vegetables down. I was just having a stressful day and eating in general made me feel a little nauseous. I didn't really eat all my chicken at dinner either. So in that aspect I am a little disappointed in myself. I guess its better than my usual stress response (order a stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut lol) so I need to focus on it in a more positive light. Hope you guys have a great night & thanks for sharing your stories, it really keeps me motivated and strong. Much love <3
Old 01-25-2012, 12:43 AM   #125  
Jag23

S/C/G: 177 Goal weight 140

Height: 5"1"

Today I got off Island,but my coach wasn't available to weigh or measure me. Because I am working so much,I just got my food and carried on with my day. Hopefully I can get over to weigh next Monday. The funny thing is,I'm not disappointed that I didn't get weighed. I absolutly know I'm dropping the weight,with my cloths feeling Bigger and I feel bones I'm haven't in a few years. I am remaining strong in my desire to end this Batttle with the Bulge. 16 days to Mexico and less of me will be boarding that plane.......Skipping a happy dance here.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:05 AM   #126  
Started IP January 9,2012

S/C/G: 169/165/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonis View Post
You need to look at it differently...Why would you be discouraged to lose a pound? Imagine a pound of butter. That is what came off you. Take a deep breath and keep your eye on the prize. The pizza, beer, etc will always be there. You will get to eat them again but for now on this journey, you're taking a break from them. Just think when we all are eating healthier these foods will be "once and a whiles" which is what they should always have been.
By the way, I am also in week 3. I have lost weight but not inches. Everyone is different. Don't be discouraged, the weight will come off. I can't speak for you but in the mean time I am learning patience, healthy choices, and to not eat my feelings. Keep on keepin' on.
Thank you for responding, I suppose I'm so focused on the number 'weight, lbs' that I failed to look at the big picture... I assumed I would lose 3-5 pounds a week and was very disappointed that I didn't reach that number and can't figure out where I went wrong. I am happy I lost a pound, I suppose I was being greedy and wanting more
I appreciate your comment
Old 01-25-2012, 01:09 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 304.6/304.6/220

Height: 5'11"

I start IP officially tomorrow!!! I am super excited and really really ready for this change. I have a ton of support and the place I get my food sells by the package. They tell you to do a boot camp your first few weeks and stick to Soups, Drinks and Puddings to take the most advantage. I have to do the Alternative plan because of my diabetes! I hope this goes as well as I hope. I will be checking in often and posting more I am sure!
Old 01-25-2012, 01:53 AM   #128  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

S/C/G: 267.2/210.2/140

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I cam across this tonight while looking for motivational things to do so I thought I would share it with everyone
I love this!
I'm going to start brainstorming to see if I can some up with something like this with my own twist.
Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:00 AM   #129  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

S/C/G: 267.2/210.2/140

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by THISTIME4ME View Post
Wyo1963, I just realized that you started 2 days after me and have lost 10 lbs more than me. What are you doing differently than me? It looks like you exercise (I was told not to.) Is there anything else? I've stayed OP for the whole time.

I'm very happy for you, but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Heidi
I've wondered this myself. It's a bit disappointing but I've reminded myself that everyone loses differently. Perhaps you have bigger losses later or more consistently. Maybe you just started off with less water weight and loss less at the very beginning. Maybe you're ages are different and you metabolize differently. Or maybe it just means your gonna lose slower. As long as it's working right?! I have faith that you're doing it right and you'll continue to lose! Good luck!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:32 AM   #130  

stay away from catfish... i find tilapia meaty and less fishy tasting, but we eat fish all of the time here, personal favorite is flounder... good luck
Old 01-25-2012, 08:21 AM   #131  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Since there has been so much talk about cheating over the last couple of days, I posted this in another thread but I thought I would repost it here....

I find it VERY exhausting and VERY aggravating to see all of the cheats. Going on a diet is by choice, meaning you are trying to CHANGE your way of eating and by CHEATING that is NOT CHANGING your way of eating. Its a commitment you (we) make to ourselves just like as if we were entering a relationship or even marriage. YOU have to want it to work, ONLY YOU can change it, Peer pressure, social events, life in general WILL ALWAYS BE THERE...it is HOW YOU CHOSE to deal with it, THAT is the choice you make. You can be STRONG and just socialize when at gatherings OR you can give in because you don't wanna feel "left out" BUT actually WHO is looking at you if you don't drink or eat? is everyone?....NO, it is YOU who feels uncomfortable its is YOU who feels left out so YOU give in and accept it. YOU have to be STRONG and say to yourself I AM WORTH THIS.....I DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THAT DRINK or I DON"T HAVE TO EAT THAT....I think most people would be PROUD of you for STANDING your ground and saying NO and STICKING TO YOUR PLAN!...YOU have to find the INNER STRENGTH to OVERCOME the obstacles in life...LIFE will NOT stop because you are on a diet, it does go on....sorry, just how I feel

I was just talking to another friend who is having trouble getting started again and I posted this EXACT same thing to her....this was her reply..."well said. see this is why you are going to be a great coach...you lay it out and tell it as it is...not everyone is going to like it but the message is true...and you know you brought up a lot of good points...would i cheat on my husband because the guy at the other end of the room looks hot...heck no so why am i cheating with food.wow seriously you are what i needed to talk to...you have ignited a fire that was lost. alright...i got to look at this diet as a marriage..it'll work if i work at it.".....See this "CLICKED" for her....So I challenge each and everyone of you who have been cheating or contemplating to cheat to MAKE THAT COMMITMENT TO YOURSELF......
AMEN!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #132  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
AMEN! And thank you for posting what many others have been thinking.

One of my brothers is getting married this weekend. This is a 400+ person guest list, people wearing gowns & tuxes affair in NY - the money spent on invitations alone would boggle your mind.

I will likely never be invited to such an event again, however, the reason I am going is to witness the marriage, not to make someone feel better because I ate the fancy food or drank the free booze. I want the memories from the experience, not a hangover and an upset stomach. I do not know what will be served at the rehearsal dinner & reception, but I will only eat what is offered if it is OP. Not once have I thought, "well I will just have a sip of champagne to celebrate" - NOT ONCE. I don't need the sip in order to have a good time or to fully experience the wedding and I might be one of the few that can actually remember the entire event.

I have a bag packed with WF dressing packets, shake packets, bars and what I call MRE chicken (vacuum sealed chicken). I have already put a bar & MIO in the clutch I am using and I haven't even finished clothes packing yet. I can get water everywhere so all I need to find are salads/veggies over the weekend which won't be hard at all.

Am I a little bummed that I won't be partaking in the food aspect of the weekend? Honestly I am....a little, but I got over it. This event is one of the last times my entire family will be together for a happy occasion - that is what I am focusing on - not the food.

This weekend I am standing as a witness to a marriage, but every day I stand up for my own truth and I will not disappoint myself.
Well said ptod! Weddings, baby or bridal showers, etc. are not about the food and drink but about the event itself and what it represents. We must all remain true to our goals and remember why we are doing this. There will be many events in our lives after we reach our goals where we can taste the food and drink (in moderation of course).

Last edited by Lorilou; 01-25-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #133  
Started IP Jan 2, 2011

S/C/G: 239/ticker/170

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I cam across this tonight while looking for motivational things to do so I thought I would share it with everyone
Love this! Definitely going to to this tonight, I think it will help stay focused.
Closed Thread