Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 175.5/175.5/140

Height: 5'4

I have a STRANGE question...and I have already emailed my coach. Im just waiting on her reply. I noticed about a week ago I get a very strong tingling in my feet pretty often, I have never had a sensation quite like it its like your legs falling asleep but not painful at all....now today I decided to take a run and my FACE started doing it...that kinda freaked me out! Im probly low on some sort of vitamin or mineral but I was just curious to see if anyone else has experienced this. Its very strange
Old 01-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #77  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Since there has been so much talk about cheating over the last couple of days, I posted this in another thread but I thought I would repost it here....

I find it VERY exhausting and VERY aggravating to see all of the cheats. Going on a diet is by choice, meaning you are trying to CHANGE your way of eating and by CHEATING that is NOT CHANGING your way of eating. Its a commitment you (we) make to ourselves just like as if we were entering a relationship or even marriage. YOU have to want it to work, ONLY YOU can change it, Peer pressure, social events, life in general WILL ALWAYS BE THERE...it is HOW YOU CHOSE to deal with it, THAT is the choice you make. You can be STRONG and just socialize when at gatherings OR you can give in because you don't wanna feel "left out" BUT actually WHO is looking at you if you don't drink or eat? is everyone?....NO, it is YOU who feels uncomfortable its is YOU who feels left out so YOU give in and accept it. YOU have to be STRONG and say to yourself I AM WORTH THIS.....I DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THAT DRINK or I DON"T HAVE TO EAT THAT....I think most people would be PROUD of you for STANDING your ground and saying NO and STICKING TO YOUR PLAN!...YOU have to find the INNER STRENGTH to OVERCOME the obstacles in life...LIFE will NOT stop because you are on a diet, it does go on....sorry, just how I feel

I was just talking to another friend who is having trouble getting started again and I posted this EXACT same thing to her....this was her reply..."well said. see this is why you are going to be a great coach...you lay it out and tell it as it is...not everyone is going to like it but the message is true...and you know you brought up a lot of good points...would i cheat on my husband because the guy at the other end of the room looks hot...heck no so why am i cheating with food.wow seriously you are what i needed to talk to...you have ignited a fire that was lost. alright...i got to look at this diet as a marriage..it'll work if i work at it.".....See this "CLICKED" for her....So I challenge each and everyone of you who have been cheating or contemplating to cheat to MAKE THAT COMMITMENT TO YOURSELF......
Old 01-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #78  
Started IP 01/14/2012

S/C/G: 280/261/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Since there has been so much talk about cheating over the last couple of days, I posted this in another thread but I thought I would repost it here....

I find it VERY exhausting and VERY aggravating to see all of the cheats. Going on a diet is by choice, meaning you are trying to CHANGE your way of eating and by CHEATING that is NOT CHANGING your way of eating. Its a commitment you (we) make to ourselves just like as if we were entering a relationship or even marriage. YOU have to want it to work, ONLY YOU can change it, Peer pressure, social events, life in general WILL ALWAYS BE THERE...it is HOW YOU CHOSE to deal with it, THAT is the choice you make. You can be STRONG and just socialize when at gatherings OR you can give in because you don't wanna feel "left out" BUT actually WHO is looking at you if you don't drink or eat? is everyone?....NO, it is YOU who feels uncomfortable its is YOU who feels left out so YOU give in and accept it. YOU have to be STRONG and say to yourself I AM WORTH THIS.....I DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THAT DRINK or I DON"T HAVE TO EAT THAT....I think most people would be PROUD of you for STANDING your ground and saying NO and STICKING TO YOUR PLAN!...YOU have to find the INNER STRENGTH to OVERCOME the obstacles in life...LIFE will NOT stop because you are on a diet, it does go on....sorry, just how I feel

I was just talking to another friend who is having trouble getting started again and I posted this EXACT same thing to her....this was her reply..."well said. see this is why you are going to be a great coach...you lay it out and tell it as it is...not everyone is going to like it but the message is true...and you know you brought up a lot of good points...would i cheat on my husband because the guy at the other end of the room looks hot...heck no so why am i cheating with food.wow seriously you are what i needed to talk to...you have ignited a fire that was lost. alright...i got to look at this diet as a marriage..it'll work if i work at it.".....See this "CLICKED" for her....So I challenge each and everyone of you who have been cheating or contemplating to cheat to MAKE THAT COMMITMENT TO YOURSELF......
Old 01-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #79  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by massconfusion84 View Post
I have a STRANGE question...and I have already emailed my coach. Im just waiting on her reply. I noticed about a week ago I get a very strong tingling in my feet pretty often, I have never had a sensation quite like it its like your legs falling asleep but not painful at all....now today I decided to take a run and my FACE started doing it...that kinda freaked me out! Im probly low on some sort of vitamin or mineral but I was just curious to see if anyone else has experienced this. Its very strange
Can you make an appt with your Dr.?
Old 01-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #80  

Thanks Wiv for the CHEAT post!!!! I come to the thread for motivation and inspiration!! I DO NOT want to hear about cheats! Start a cheat thread if you want to talk about it, then all of us who don't want to read about cheats just don't open that thread!! Thanks!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Thanks Wiv for the CHEAT post!!!! I come to the thread for motivation and inspiration!! I DO NOT want to hear about cheats! Start a cheat thread if you want to talk about it, then all of us who don't want to read about cheats just don't open that thread!! Thanks!
As a matter of fact there is a thread floating around here for that....let me see if I can find it!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #82  
Started IP 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 211/196/160

Height: 5'5"

Hello All! I LOVE seeing all the successes! I get on here and read every night before I go to bed using my phone however, my phone doesn’t allow me to post – it always scrolls when I am trying to type – very annoying….so I just read! I am so inspired and motivated to continue to be successful! Today was weigh in number 3 and down another 1.2 pounds. At first I almost said ONLY 1.2, but then Wuv’s words came into my head about how ONLY should not be in our vocabulary! Then I started thinking about the big picture……Last time I was on the program in week 3 I lost .2 AND 1.2 put me at a 12 pound loss in three weeks and ALMOST a ¼ of the way done! It’s all about the positives….right?! I am very happy with my 1.2 loss and the fact that my clothes are fitting SO MUCH BETTER! Thank you everyone for your posts and KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #83  
Started IP Jan 14/12

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I ditto this, and I am also very surprised that so many want to waste their money - a cheat costs you 3 days in both time and $$$.....so not worth the price
Old 01-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:

I find it VERY exhausting and VERY aggravating to see all of the cheats.
AMEN! And thank you for posting what many others have been thinking.

One of my brothers is getting married this weekend. This is a 400+ person guest list, people wearing gowns & tuxes affair in NY - the money spent on invitations alone would boggle your mind.

I will likely never be invited to such an event again, however, the reason I am going is to witness the marriage, not to make someone feel better because I ate the fancy food or drank the free booze. I want the memories from the experience, not a hangover and an upset stomach. I do not know what will be served at the rehearsal dinner & reception, but I will only eat what is offered if it is OP. Not once have I thought, "well I will just have a sip of champagne to celebrate" - NOT ONCE. I don't need the sip in order to have a good time or to fully experience the wedding and I might be one of the few that can actually remember the entire event.

I have a bag packed with WF dressing packets, shake packets, bars and what I call MRE chicken (vacuum sealed chicken). I have already put a bar & MIO in the clutch I am using and I haven't even finished clothes packing yet. I can get water everywhere so all I need to find are salads/veggies over the weekend which won't be hard at all.

Am I a little bummed that I won't be partaking in the food aspect of the weekend? Honestly I am....a little, but I got over it. This event is one of the last times my entire family will be together for a happy occasion - that is what I am focusing on - not the food.

This weekend I am standing as a witness to a marriage, but every day I stand up for my own truth and I will not disappoint myself.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #85  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Just back from weigh-in. Another 3 pounds and 4.75 inches! So HAPPY!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
AMEN! And thank you for posting what many others have been thinking.

One of my brothers is getting married this weekend. This is a 400+ person guest list, people wearing gowns & tuxes affair in NY - the money spent on invitations alone would boggle your mind.

I will likely never be invited to such an event again, however, the reason I am going is to witness the marriage, not to make someone feel better because I ate the fancy food or drank the free booze. I want the memories from the experience, not a hangover and an upset stomach. I do not know what will be served at the rehearsal dinner & reception, but I will only eat what is offered if it is OP. Not once have I thought, "well I will just have a sip of champagne to celebrate" - NOT ONCE. I don't need the sip in order to have a good time or to fully experience the wedding and I might be one of the few that can actually remember the entire event.

I have a bag packed with WF dressing packets, shake packets, bars and what I call MRE chicken (vacuum sealed chicken). I have already put a bar & MIO in the clutch I am using and I haven't even finished clothes packing yet. I can get water everywhere so all I need to find are salads/veggies over the weekend which won't be hard at all.

Am I a little bummed that I won't be partaking in the food aspect of the weekend? Honestly I am....a little, but I got over it. This event is one of the last times my entire family will be together for a happy occasion - that is what I am focusing on - not the food.

This weekend I am standing as a witness to a marriage, but every day I stand up for my own truth and I will not disappoint myself.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!....YOU my friend have a PLAN and are PREPARED for your function. You will over come this with FLYING colors...You will be SO PROUD of yourself for doing so. You are right...its about MEMORIES being made of course you would like to sample some of the food because I am sure there will be some extravagant food from the sound of the price tag of the wedding BUT you have never tired it ( I am assuming ) so you aren't missing much in my book
Old 01-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac36 View Post
Just back from weigh-in. Another 3 pounds and 4.75 inches! So HAPPY!
GREAT job Linda!!!!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #88  
I Believe in ME!

S/C/G: 199/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

I have been reading this site for about 25 days now, I started IP 26 days ago and have lost 22 pounds. I finally decided to say something because I wanted everyone to know that I wouldnt have made it through the first weeks or so without this forum. For everyone that takes the time to answer peoples questions and just be so supportive and encouraging, thank you! I have been so strict on myself with this diet, and even though it has been hard it is absolutely worth it. Tomorrow is my 4th weigh in and I am so excited to see the results. I hope everyone has an amazing and OP day! And, again, thank you!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 185/163/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
You can also Pan fry it in olive oil with seasoning, comes out really good and you can cook it until its a little crunchy...its yummy!
As a non seafood lover, but trying to find a fish that's not fishy tasting, I would love to know if this Talapia is good choice to start with? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm assuming it's best to buy fresh and not frozen, is this correct?

Thanks a bunch!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICanLoseItThisTime View Post
I have been reading this site for about 25 days now, I started IP 26 days ago and have lost 22 pounds. I finally decided to say something because I wanted everyone to know that I wouldnt have made it through the first weeks or so without this forum. For everyone that takes the time to answer peoples questions and just be so supportive and encouraging, thank you! I have been so strict on myself with this diet, and even though it has been hard it is absolutely worth it. Tomorrow is my 4th weigh in and I am so excited to see the results. I hope everyone has an amazing and OP day! And, again, thank you!
Congrats on your 22lbs GONE forever!!!...where in La are you?
Closed Thread