Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #181  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Is coconut vinegar allowed? Also, I keep reading that lemons and limes are allowed in phase I but, they're not on my sheet. Are they really ok? I hope so!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 287/144/150

UGH! I am so stupid..this is why I hate weekends. I just realize like 10 minutes ago that for lunch both today and yesterday I only ate 1 of the 2 cups of veggies that I should have. Wow that just freaks me out that I did that.. I have been on the plan since the beginning if nov with no other slip ups.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
I need people's inputs please

Would these be acceptable as restricted?

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...ain-7-box.html
If you go to the top of this thread-page one; the very first posting has stickies in it. There is one there that says information FAQ etc.
If you click on that there is another stickie on that for alternatives.
The posts on there gives you the nutritional information on alternative products. The 4th posting on that thread gives you a sheet with the IP nutritional information. The other link there gives you the protidiet information. You just have to compare the same products from the two companies. This work has all been done for you.
It is in the first post on the daily or weekend thread everyday.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #184  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpspaz View Post
I am preparing to go to a convention type event in San Antonio on Tuesday. This is only my first week OP and the "coach" (use the term loosely) gave me all my packets for two weeks since they won't be open before I go.

Unfortunately, since I didn't know any better - I have not "snack" foods. Something I can carry in case I need it. I have several "liquid" IP packets left so I know I can do that with my water.

My question - usually these events serve lunch, chicken most times. I'm wondering if it is ok for me to change my dinner/lunch around. Eat the protein at lunch with salad, and then do just the IP packet and veggies for dinner.

Thanks for you input!
Yes you can switch your lunch and dinner around or even split it 4oz for lunch and 4 oz for dinner, just wouldn't make it a habit

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
tried the "chocolate truffles"... the mistake recipe made with the chocolate drink...ummmmm omgosh!!! AMAZING! i seriously feel like i'm cheating all the time with these recipes. for breakfast i have the unrestricted pancakes, lunch was a salad with the brownie like "chocolate truffles", dinner will be great, then a bar for snack...and only ONE of those is restricted. this isn't feeling much like a diet anymore thanks to everyone who has posted a recipe. i need some ideas for how to switch up my veggies. i wish i could just do more salads but i despise celery, cucumber, mushroom, and a few of the other veggies allowed. i'm pretty bored of vegetables and that's my only complaint. i pretty much live off of raw spinach, kale chips, cooked broc and cauliflower... bleh lol
however, my body loves what i'm doing for it now. i know if it could talk it would be yelling "thannnnk youuuu!!"

a quick question about the MIO. i know some people here use it. i just bought the black cherry.. i only put a little bit in water... is it "Free" or do we need to count it as one of our splenda ?

THANKS EVERYONE and congrats on the weigh ins and NSVs!
I was told by my coach its "free" I have used it since I have started and use it through out the day, sometimes in all of my water in a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
I start the program tomorrow, and I'm excited. I've never been this excited or motivated to do a diet. I think the difference this time is that it seems like it works for EVERYONE who does it. That gives me motivation to do better! I can't buy the Walden Farms products near me, so I need to order online. Are there any I should avoid? I'm doing oil and vinegar on my salad until I can get some different IP friendly dressings...but I love salad and can munch on lettuce by itself, so I'm not worried too much about it. My thing is meat. I have a hard time eating meat without any kind of sauce or anything! I'm okay with giving up my favorite foods, but the no alcohol is going to be hard for me. I used to enjoy a glass of wine at least twice a week! I'll sure miss that. Plus, when we get together with friends, it usually involves cocktails. My friend is having a birthday party in a couple weeks, and I'm already worried about not drinking. I'm determined NOT to cheat, and he's determined to make me cheat. He's upset that I can't drink and have fun at his party. My response is that I will have fun, as long as you don't pressure me to drink! I'm really thinking of not going because I don't want to put myself in that situation. How did you guys deal with things like this?
His Party should be about a gathering of friends NOT a gathering of getting drunk. Enjoy the company and watch the people get drunk, sit back and watch. Or like Navy mom said I went to my nephews wedding back in September brought the Berry Pom MIO with me, put some water in a glass and added it and everyone thought I was drinking Merlot. You would be the only one knowing the difference. Just like tonight a friend asked me to come over to watch a movie. He offered me a drink I said no thanks I have my water, and showed him my liter bottle I brought along with me. He was also smoking some chicken legs and beef jerky. It smelled SOOOOOO GOOD.....he offered me a chicken leg, I said no thanks, he said you sure they are yummy? I said I am sure he said here have a piece of jerkey, I said No thanks again. He said are you going to eat anything? I said I am not hungry thanks though. He said ok, shaking his head. He knows I am dieting and only eat certain things so he was ok but disappointed at the same time. YOU are the one who makes the decision, YOU have to be strong and say no. IF you cave in, who is it hurting? is it hurting him or YOU? who wins, him or YOU? he does, and he gets the satisfaction of saying hahaha....I knew you couldn't do it!!.....Do you want to be a success? if so then STICK TO YOUR WORDS when you say NO. Don't let pier pressure make you cave in. I wish you the best of luck!

Ok, I want to share with you my experience from tonight. A friend invited me over which I said above. He also had some other girls come over as well. They were all in the 30's and all BIGGER than me!!!....in my head I am thinking OMG this is a FIRST, I am smaller than EVERYONE of these girls AND I LOOK younger than them as well....hahaha....We were all talking and I said something about my boys and they asked how old they were, when I said 20 and 23 their faces were priceless!!.....They were like WHAT???? 20 and 23??? I said ummmm yea....I am 45 and again PRICELESS faces!!!!.....He just looked at me and smiled....HE said she looks good don't she?....hahaha....they were like holy cow I hope I look like you at 45....lmao....He said yea, she is a cougar.....lmao!!!!!!!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 01-15-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:33 AM   #185  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Yes you can switch your lunch and dinner around or even split it 4oz for lunch and 4 oz for dinner, just wouldn't make it a habit

I was told by my coach its "free" I have used it since I have started and use it through out the day, sometimes in all of my water in a day.

His Party should be about a gathering of friends NOT a gathering of getting drunk. Enjoy the company and watch the people get drunk, sit back and watch. Or like Navy mom said I went to my nephews wedding back in September brought the Berry Pom MIO with me, put some water in a glass and added it and everyone thought I was drinking Merlot. You would be the only one knowing the difference. Just like tonight a friend asked me to come over to watch a movie. He offered me a drink I said no thanks I have my water, and showed him my liter bottle I brought along with me. He was also smoking some chicken legs and beef jerky. It smelled SOOOOOO GOOD.....he offered me a chicken leg, I said no thanks, he said you sure they are yummy? I said I am sure he said here have a piece of jerkey, I said No thanks again. He said are you going to eat anything? I said I am not hungry thanks though. He said ok, shaking his head. He knows I am dieting and only eat certain things so he was ok but disappointed at the same time. YOU are the one who makes the decision, YOU have to be strong and say no. IF you cave in, who is it hurting? is it hurting him or YOU? who wins, him or YOU? he does, and he gets the satisfaction of saying hahaha....I knew you couldn't do it!!.....Do you want to be a success? if so then STICK TO YOUR WORDS when you say NO. Don't let pier pressure make you cave in. I wish you the best of luck!

Ok, I want to share with you my experience from tonight. A friend invited me over which I said above. He also had some other girls come over as well. They were all in the 30's and all BIGGER than me!!!....in my head I am thinking OMG this is a FIRST, I am smaller than EVERYONE of these girls AND I LOOK younger than them as well....hahaha....We were all talking and I said something about my boys and they asked how old they were, when I said 20 and 23 their faces were priceless!!.....They were like WHAT???? 20 and 23??? I said ummmm yea....I am 45 and again PRICELESS faces!!!!.....He just looked at me and smiled....HE said she looks good don't she?....hahaha....they were like holy cow I hope I look like you at 45....lmao....He said yea, she is a cougar.....lmao!!!!!!!
*Giggles* yeah I think that's great!!! Keep making the right choices like you did tonight Wuv...that's a great NSV both hearing and seeing the shock and the fact that you said no to some yummy smelling food that wasn't on your ok list of foods to eat at the moment!! Congrats to you!!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:51 AM   #186  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
Is coconut vinegar allowed? Also, I keep reading that lemons and limes are allowed in phase I but, they're not on my sheet. Are they really ok? I hope so!
According to fatsecret coconut vinegar has one carb and no calories for 1 T, as opposed to .14 carb and 3 calories (USDA). And I think lemons and likes are OK if what you use is just a "splash." But one T (31 g) of raw lemon juice has 2.1 carbs.

Here's a handy, really simple, and free tool for checking nutritional values: cronometer.com. Or Google USDA Nutritional Data for literally the world's most complete list.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:29 AM   #187  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Hi does anyone know the amount of fat grams per day we are taking in with the IP plan?
Thanks,
pat
It's hard to say precisely, Pat. 9 grams from 2 t olive oil. About 2-3 g from vegetables and lettuce; whatever's in the krill oil; and whatever you get from 8 ounces of meat of fish. 8 ounces of raw 95% fat free ground beef has 11.3 grams of fat, for instance. 8 ounces of light water packed tuna has 1.9.
Closed Thread