Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 12:18 AM   #1  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 02/13/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 02-13-2012, 12:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/165/135

Height: 5'3

I'm day 6 of IP & 6 lbs down (even during TOM)! I'm enjoying this diet so far, the first couple days were a little tough, but I made it thru! I'm staying way from foods on the restricted list & trying to keep focused on my goal. I may add restricted foods on the 3rd week, but I hate to cause a stall. Any advice from the big losers on how to keep the momentum up?
Old 02-13-2012, 12:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/165/135

Height: 5'3

Also, I've read so many different opinions on working out. Some say do it, others say no, it will do more damage - any shated experiences welcome.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/211/130

Height: 5'6''

Didn't realize the new thread was up so I will re-post this on today's thread!!

Had some incredibly good news yesterday! My best friend got engaged and she asked me to be her maid of honour!! I am so very excited - and now I have a timeline to reach my goal! I have never been more excited in my life. I can't wait to be a part of her big day, help plan her wedding, and throw her a shower and bachelorette party . This week just keeps getting better and better!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #5  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Good morning everyone!! Had a great weekend OP and still sticking to this 100%!! Haven't even felt the need to cheat, I am quite satisified with this diet so far! I am really looking forward to my first WI on Wednesday!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 02-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #6  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Good Morning,
Eveyone have a great day! Be unshakeable! We can do this!
Old 02-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Alternatives

[quote]I'm just reaching out to you alternative IP folks for a minute. I've been on IP for two weeks. was doing 3 EAS DRINKS, 8 oz of protein, 4 cups of veggies (none being even semi restricted), 2 ts of olive oil, more than enough water, unlimited lettuce(sometimes none), 3 egg whites (I know they are now free and eat them for breakfast bc I feel I REALLY need them) and a cup of coffee black. Starting with week two, I replaced 1 EAS drink with a pure protein bar (usually mid day or at night) and have been using about two "squirts" of MIO a day. I lost 5.5lbs first week then another 2.3 as soon as I started the bars but for the past 4 days of week two, I've been back up to 180.2! That means I've lost less than 6lbs in 2 weeks?!?! Should I stop the bars and MIO?? Granted, I don't have that much to lose in general bc of my height but still, it does t seem right. I have been in ketosis this entire time because I have the strips and I check every few days. I'm just confused and discouraged. Sorry to be a downer but any advice would help!! [quote]

Chix,
I personally only use my protein bars for emergencies. Granted last week I was trying to switch things up and I had one for breakfast one day and one for lunch on Sunday. We will see if it did anything to my weight when I weigh in tomorrow. I use MIO all the time and it has not affected my weightloss any. You don;t have to stop them, just try maybe eating the bar for breakfast or lunch and see it that does anything. Don't get discouraged, your body is just getting used to this and it will get adjusted and kick back in. Remember You are worth it and you can do this!!!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

I have the pure protein bars as well. They totally messed me up. There were too many carbs in them for my body which made me sick, made me gain weight, and basically put me back into the carb-craving cycle. I got new bars from Nashua, and since I've been using them have felt amazing.

So, I've been looking for the answer to this question, and have yet to find it: are 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg an alternative for an IP packet? I kind of remember reading that they were, but now I can't find the post. Eggs have been messing me up this week big time.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
I have the pure protein bars as well. They totally messed me up. There were too many carbs in them for my body which made me sick, made me gain weight, and basically put me back into the carb-craving cycle. I got new bars from Nashua, and since I've been using them have felt amazing.

So, I've been looking for the answer to this question, and have yet to find it: are 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg an alternative for an IP packet? I kind of remember reading that they were, but now I can't find the post. Eggs have been messing me up this week big time.

From what WUV told me, 2 whole eggs count as a protein, the egg whites just add more volume and make it a little more filling. But I don't know if it would count as an IP Packet

Last edited by rissimo; 02-13-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akangel View Post
I'm day 6 of IP & 6 lbs down (even during TOM)! I'm enjoying this diet so far, the first couple days were a little tough, but I made it thru! I'm staying way from foods on the restricted list & trying to keep focused on my goal. I may add restricted foods on the 3rd week, but I hate to cause a stall. Any advice from the big losers on how to keep the momentum up?
If you're really craving something sweet / crunchy have a restricted. They're designed to work with the program. I know Wuv (who has lost 130lbs) had them from day 1 and obviously hasn't had a problem. I enjoy mine every day for lunch. Also, keep in mind that after a week or two of really good numbers, people typically have a week where they're not nearly as big. This isn't a stall, just a way for your body to catch up when you're losing weight faster than it can keep up with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akangel View Post
Also, I've read so many different opinions on working out. Some say do it, others say no, it will do more damage - any shated experiences welcome.
Check out the exercise thread in the first sticky. I can also bump it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme685 View Post
Didn't realize the new thread was up so I will re-post this on today's thread!!

Had some incredibly good news yesterday! My best friend got engaged and she asked me to be her maid of honour!! I am so very excited - and now I have a timeline to reach my goal! I have never been more excited in my life. I can't wait to be a part of her big day, help plan her wedding, and throw her a shower and bachelorette party . This week just keeps getting better and better!
How exciting!!! That's what I'm working towards too, I'm going to be my (thin as a rail) sister's maid of honour at her August wedding. I can't wait for people who haven't seen me in a long time to see me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post

I don't think that eggs can sub as a packet, but I might be wrong. When I have eggs for my evening protein I usually scramble 2 with a few extra egg whites for the extra protein and to bulk them up a bit.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! We sure did, although man it is COLD down here!

WI this morning, down another 2.4lbs Didn't quite make it into the 160's but hopefully next week. I'm actually really hoping to weigh in in the 160s at my doctors (his scale is always a few lbs lighter than mine). I was 175.9 last time so it would be pretty cool for only 2 weeks. Only time will tell though, my body seems to like the 170s which makes sense because 178 the lowest I hit before I got pregnant with my toddler. It's pretty cool to think this is the lowest I have weighed in YEARS and in only about 10lbs give or take I will weigh less than my husband.

Oh, and I saw the convo yesterday about DH, pretty funny!! I use those acronyms on other boards so I knew what they meant, but hadn't seen them here so I hadn't used them here. I agree with the other posters, read the context and you can tell if it's "Dear/Darling Husband" or "Dumb/(expletive here) Husband".

I hope everyone here has a great day!! Lots of appointments for me today, but I already have my cucumbers sliced and my bar laid out. Also planning on having the Mango Smoothie for breakfast which is one of my favorites
Old 02-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! I prepared all my veggies for the week and have my meals planned out. Feeling good. Hope you all have a great day!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Once again...TOM is here and the chocolate cravings are back! Loving my chocolate protein options but man I can't wait for the cravings to go bye bye in a few days! I've never had these craving b/f IP! Well, maybe I did I just never had to deal with them 'cause I just (over) fed myself CHOCOLATE!!! YUMO!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

So excited to begin Day 12 of IP. I am still feeling so much better than I did before starting this diet. My blood sugars are greatly improved too!

So far, to the best of my understanding of my instructions, I have remained OP. I don't know how to do anything to make it go any "faster" or better. Exercise is not recommended at this time as the body is still making the transition in metabolism, correct? I don't really have any "goal" except to keep strictly to the program. I mean I do have an end weight goal, but it doesn't seem like there is anything else to do except to follow the IP diet instructions, right?

Even though my intention was to lose weight, the big bonus so far has been in how darn good I feel. Those carbs were not my friends!!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.

We went to a birthday party this weekend. At a bar. With lots of alcohol. I like to drink, so I knew it was going to be hard. I even talked to my coach about drinking and got her advice. Obviously, she told me not to, but told me what to do if I did drink. However, I made it without a drop of alcohol, thanks to my supportive husband and some very supportive friends. It felt great, and we had an amazing time...and when woke up in the morning, we remembered the whole night and didn't have a hangover! Best feeling in the world. Now I know I can make it through ANYTHING and stay on plan!
Closed Thread