Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning IPeeps, I am happy to say that after my 3 weeks off plan for travel, I have already lost 4 pounds!!!! I started back on IP on Monday the 2nd. I know the first loss is usually mostly water but that's okay. When I go for my WI on the 9th I should be back to where I was (or less) before my phase off. This is such a wonderful program. I have a party to go to Saturday that will have lots of southern home cooking and my husband asked if that would bother me. I told him are you kidding??? I've lost almost all my holiday weight in less than a week..... I can enjoy all those foods again (in moderation of course) before the year ends!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
Question: My GF is doing IP through a coach and they are only going to measure her every 8 weeks. Is this normal? I thought you get weighed AND measured every week.
Hi, You should be weighed every week. As for measurements I asked to have it done monthly...I don't believe there are set times when it should be done. For her peace of mind if she wants it done more she should ask. We're paying a lot for this program and most weekly appointments have more than enough time to measure (unless a person has a lot of questions/problems)...

But I honestly think once per month is adequate as changes will be more significant than doing it weekly.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #18  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Post Day 5

Good morning everyone. I start day 5 of IP today. Yesterday was horrible so I am hoping today is better. My father and daughter live with me and they had baked ziti for dinner and the smell of the sausage cooking nearly killed me but I did what I could to put it out of my mind. Had the herb and cheese omlete for breakfast. It's pretty good. I may try it for lunch one day with mushrooms and spinach. I am hoping ketosis sets in for tomorrow as it will be day 6. Good luck to everyone today and stay strong!

Last edited by Lorilou; 01-05-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #19  

First morning trying the capaccino drink with iced coffee and it's awesome!!! But, it's nearly 0 degrees out and I'm freezing!!! LOL!!! But it's sooooooo good!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
Good morning everyone. I start day 5 of IP today. Yesterday was horrible so I am hoping today is better. My father and daughter live with me and they had baked ziti for dinner and the smell of the sausage cooking nearly killed me but I did what I could to put it out of my mind. Had the herb and cheese omlete for breakfast. It's pretty good. I may try it for lunch one day with mushrooms and spinach. I am hoping ketosis sets in for tomorrow as it will be day 6. Good luck to everyone today and stay strong!
I had trouble with smells and food for the first few weeks and asked my husband to not make the things I love...NOW I don't care...he can eat my favorites right in front of me and it doesn't bother me the slightest...BUT I do have to smell everything...it still smells delicious but I don't care to have any of it...Maybe you could ask them to give you a little time to adjust OR you could leave while they have those nice smelling foods. Just know it will pass! AND you have all of us to support you!!! YOU can do it!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #21  
INACTIVE

I love the cappucino drink! I have it every other morning. Some people heat it up, but I drink it cold. I just ordered some chocolate drink to heat up like cocoa when I want a non-restricted evening snack.

I also like to smell the food that I miss--now just the smell of it seems like a reward. I am able to control myself around the tempting foods, but I asked my fiance not to bring any potato chips or pizza home--I'm only human, after all!

The omelet is my go to meal. I have it for lunch and it tastes great with almost any veggies--if you use zucchini, make sure to cook the zucchini seperately first to get some of the water out of it. I've also mastered flipping the omelet to get the top side a little brown. Covering it and cooking it on low heat helps it to cook inside and puff up.

Good luck Lorilou! You can do this. If your family has leftovers that tempt you in the fridge, put them in the freezer so that it's harder to pick at :-)

And, New Englander, your photo looks fabulous! Way to go MustangMolly!

Last edited by SomedayBubblySomeday; 01-05-2012 at 08:51 AM. Reason: forgot a shout-out :)
Old 01-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Pop...worked for me! I honestly don't remember how long the test took. If they still do it this way, they glue the wires to her head and then she'll take a nap. I remember they would wake me up and do a light test.

I thought the worst part was getting the glue out of my hair! I had really long thick hair and they try to scrub it off and I remembering that hurting a little. They very likely could've changed the way they do these things by now. I was 7-10 when I did all of that.
Haha nope that's still how they do it. Isn't it funny how some things change with the times, but they still can't do an EEG without sticky glue that's impossible to get out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Thanks! My coach recommended using the vanilla RTD shake as a creamer -- 2TBSP in my morning coffee. Thanks for recommending the soy creamer. I'll give it a try.
I actually use the EAS RTD shake as creamer, that way I wasn't shelling out another $4 a week just for creamer for my coffee. I love it and even on occasion will make an afternoon iced coffee pick me up with it.

Quote:
Question: My GF is doing IP through a coach and they are only going to measure her every 8 weeks. Is this normal? I thought you get weighed AND measured every week.
I guess it depends on the coach. Mine did every week and pictures every 4 which which I really appreciated. If she wants them more she should ask, I bet the coach will do them more often. I would think once a month at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
First morning trying the capaccino drink with iced coffee and it's awesome!!! But, it's nearly 0 degrees out and I'm freezing!!! LOL!!! But it's sooooooo good!!!
I mix my cap with hot coffee and it's wonderful!! Granted I'm in FL so it's not as cold, but I love a nice warm drink in the morning. Plus I feel like I get more since I'm mixing the coffee with the premade drink.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone,

First of all I just wanted to say Congratulations to all of you for wanting to change your lives for a healthier you! Ideal Protein is the best diet I have ever done. I have seen many people around me having to lose more than 200lbs and they have all succeeded with the diet. One of my friends after losing 230 lbs and still losing has now become a coach. It is VERY inspiring to see her going and I know that if she can lose 230...I can achieve my goal!

I have done the program once before but had to stop due to financial problems but now I am back on track and hoping I will be able to finish my weight loss once and for all!

Today I am on day 3 and I feel great!!!
My boyfriend is doing it with me so the extra support at home is wonderful.
On Tuesday we decided to take before pictures (which we have never done before) and put them in our washroom upstairs and closet to make sure we see them everyday.
I have 70 lbs to lose and I know that with this forum and the support I am getting at home it will be alright!!! I can't wait for the new me in May/June!!!

My goal is to be comfortable in a bathing suit for the summer and enjoy every minute of it. We promised ourselves that once we lose the weight we will go somewhere in the south...so rewarding!!!

Yesterday I spent all day reading posts and I must say it is nice to read some posts from people that were here when I started posting last year..and new members too...so much information and inspiration it's amazing!!!

I wish ALL of you the best of luck on this journey. WE are SOOOO WORTH it!

Have a great day IPers

CutieELi
Old 01-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #24  
Started IP 10/13/11

S/C/G: 280/170/210

Height: 5' 10

Good Morning To All,

WI# 12 -6, Total Loss 54lbs (wow)... Hope all have great WI's.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #25  
INACTIVE

Great job, Endless!!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #26  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Wow Endless, that's fantastic!!!! Great Job!!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #27  
Started IP 1/1/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I had trouble with smells and food for the first few weeks and asked my husband to not make the things I love...NOW I don't care...he can eat my favorites right in front of me and it doesn't bother me the slightest...BUT I do have to smell everything...it still smells delicious but I don't care to have any of it...Maybe you could ask them to give you a little time to adjust OR you could leave while they have those nice smelling foods. Just know it will pass! AND you have all of us to support you!!! YOU can do it!!!
I did think while it was being cooked that they will continue to be fat eating like that and I will be thinner and healthier by not eating it. That helped too. I may just go and hide upstairs with the door shut when they cook like that until I can deal with it. It's good to know that the feeling will pass. Thanks for the support!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Dieter View Post
Good Morning To All,

Wow, congrats!!! It is so inspiring to see you lose 50lbs in 3 months, that's what I'm hoping to do as well. WTG!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #29  
Started IP 1/1/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Dieter View Post
Good Morning To All,

Wow! That's fantastic!!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #30  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Morning All! Today is WI 5 and my commitment has not wavered a bit. At that point in my life where I am so ready to get back to a healthy body!

My sister in law, who is on a different diet plan, is having us for dinner tomorrow eve. She called to tell me everything she is making- nothing I will be able to eat! Meatloaf with onions grilled, topped with some sauce, red mashed potatos, corn. I might be able to eat the salad and take out the croutons, cheese, nuts, etc. She tried to debate me on why I should be able to eat what she is making.

I kindly and honestly told her that she doesn't need to change her plan for me. I
will be fine. Guess I will eat BEFORE I go and just pick around the salad without appearing ungrateful! Geeze!

Don't let anyone side track your efforts! It feels great to drop 2 pants sizes!!!

Hang on!
Closed Thread