Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #16  
INACTIVE

Red face First weigh-in tomorrow, slightly scared.

Hi everyone,
I happened upon the 2009 thread, read everything and am glad to see that there is still a chat going on!

I just started IP last Tuesday and have followed it to the letter...except that I just realized that I misread my chart and was using 2 Tablespoons of olive oil a day instead of 2 Teaspoons. Now, I feel horrible about it and I hope that I have at least lost something this week. Honestly, I won't have any problem with less olive oil!!

So far, the diet has had no adverse effects, other than a 15-30 min bout of dizziness on day 3. I LOVE the omelettes and the leek soup, the vanilla peanut bar and lemon bar, cappucino drink, and I like the blueberry drink as well. I hated the chocolate pudding, wildberry yogurt drink and pink lemonade. Of course, all of our tastes are different.

Veggies are not a problem for me, I don't mind having the same ones over and over if I love them anyway. I have been having 5oz ground bison with 1C green peppers, 1C mushrooms and chopped garlic for my dinner, which we lovingly refer to as "gruel." I am eating salads, however, I know I won't want to look at one for awhile when this is over. I bought a selection of WF dressings--the caesar and honey dijon are OK for what they are, the creamy bacon is OK too, but I am hoping to experiment with some doctoring up.

My progress is going to be measured a bit differently, as I have had intense treatment for a long-time problem with bulemia. My Dr. was reluctant to allow me to go on this diet, but I told her that I haven't purged in 11 years and my blood tests proved that I was very healthy (and not lying about purging). So, we agreed that I would not know my starting weight (a fatal trigger for me) and I could know how many pounds I lost each week. The same for measurements. I don't know the beginning numbers, but I will find out the inches lost each week. I think this is a great compromise, as it will motivate me and teach me what 5 pounds lost feels like, instead of me relying on how my jeans fit.

I'm 37, recently engaged and hoping to try on "the dress" in the spring. I can carry a lot of weight without looking obese, but I hate how I feel and shopping for clothes makes me feel terrible about myself. My weight issues have definitely caused me to be depressed and to miss out on things that I want to enjoy with other people. It's a complex problem, of course, but I am hoping that this diet will be a new beginning. My regular eating habits are pretty healthy, but I've screwed up my metabolism, overindulged on things through the years, and the weight has just crept up. My regular diet was just not going to help me lose anything, and I tend to go to starvation when I diet on my own. So, being heavily monitored and accountable for my actions is really great for me.

Christmas shopping was hard, as I was surrounded by food and everything smelled so good. I just wanted to grab something, but I didn't. I went home, made my meal and marked myself as a 10 for the day Yesterday was a turkey dinner at my future in-laws, and I brought my own "gruel" and salad and plenty of water. My 3 year old nephew was sitting next to me and cried because he couldn't have what I was eating, so I had 2 choices--eat really fast or give him a little bit on his plate. I chose to give him some, and that diffused the situation! If he only knew how much I wanted to eat what he had on his plate! And of course, there was wine everywhere, which I love, but I didn't cheat one bit. It's crazy to do this during the holidays, but I think that it will boost my self esteem even more to know that I can be tempted and persevere. I was planning to cheat on Christmas, but I think I will be able to get through it just fine and be proud of my iron will.

I look forward to chatting with you all, and wish everyone the best of success on this journey!
Old 12-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #17  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
Hi everyone,
I happened upon the 2009 thread, read everything and am glad to see that there is still a chat going on!

I just started IP last Tuesday and have followed it to the letter...except that I just realized that I misread my chart and was using 2 Tablespoons of olive oil a day instead of 2 Teaspoons. Now, I feel horrible about it and I hope that I have at least lost something this week. Honestly, I won't have any problem with less olive oil!!

So far, the diet has had no adverse effects, other than a 15-30 min bout of dizziness on day 3. I LOVE the omelettes and the leek soup, the vanilla peanut bar and lemon bar, cappucino drink, and I like the blueberry drink as well. I hated the chocolate pudding, wildberry yogurt drink and pink lemonade. Of course, all of our tastes are different.

Veggies are not a problem for me, I don't mind having the same ones over and over if I love them anyway. I have been having 5oz ground bison with 1C green peppers, 1C mushrooms and chopped garlic for my dinner, which we lovingly refer to as "gruel." I am eating salads, however, I know I won't want to look at one for awhile when this is over. I bought a selection of WF dressings--the caesar and honey dijon are OK for what they are, the creamy bacon is OK too, but I am hoping to experiment with some doctoring up.

My progress is going to be measured a bit differently, as I have had intense treatment for a long-time problem with bulemia. My Dr. was reluctant to allow me to go on this diet, but I told her that I haven't purged in 11 years and my blood tests proved that I was very healthy (and not lying about purging). So, we agreed that I would not know my starting weight (a fatal trigger for me) and I could know how many pounds I lost each week. The same for measurements. I don't know the beginning numbers, but I will find out the inches lost each week. I think this is a great compromise, as it will motivate me and teach me what 5 pounds lost feels like, instead of me relying on how my jeans fit.

I'm 37, recently engaged and hoping to try on "the dress" in the spring. I can carry a lot of weight without looking obese, but I hate how I feel and shopping for clothes makes me feel terrible about myself. My weight issues have definitely caused me to be depressed and to miss out on things that I want to enjoy with other people. It's a complex problem, of course, but I am hoping that this diet will be a new beginning. My regular eating habits are pretty healthy, but I've screwed up my metabolism, overindulged on things through the years, and the weight has just crept up. My regular diet was just not going to help me lose anything, and I tend to go to starvation when I diet on my own. So, being heavily monitored and accountable for my actions is really great for me.

Christmas shopping was hard, as I was surrounded by food and everything smelled so good. I just wanted to grab something, but I didn't. I went home, made my meal and marked myself as a 10 for the day Yesterday was a turkey dinner at my future in-laws, and I brought my own "gruel" and salad and plenty of water. My 3 year old nephew was sitting next to me and cried because he couldn't have what I was eating, so I had 2 choices--eat really fast or give him a little bit on his plate. I chose to give him some, and that diffused the situation! If he only knew how much I wanted to eat what he had on his plate! And of course, there was wine everywhere, which I love, but I didn't cheat one bit. It's crazy to do this during the holidays, but I think that it will boost my self esteem even more to know that I can be tempted and persevere. I was planning to cheat on Christmas, but I think I will be able to get through it just fine and be proud of my iron will.

I look forward to chatting with you all, and wish everyone the best of success on this journey!
Welcome! You will have the best support system on this site... I know I sure did since my "real" support system died after I weighed less than all of them... You will do great!!
Old 12-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #18  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

2tsp is the Minimum to have, you can have more if you like. I always have more. Sounds like you have a plan with this program and will do great on it...Congrats and welcome to the IP family. Lots of information, recipes and ton's of support...Good luck in your journey!
Old 12-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #19  
INACTIVE

Thank you for the warm welcome, ladies! Congratulations on your progress so far.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 290/168/160 Restart/183/179

Height: 5' 9

Hi everyone. I have been trying to get on for days and read the threads. It really helps me to stay OP. I had WI on Friday and had a 5.25lb loss. It felt great to get below 200 My husband gets home tomorrow from Iraq and I am not worried at all about getting off program. It has been the easiest diet I have ever been on. Before when he would come home from someplace I would have such issues sticking to anything but I really don't feel like I will this time. I really enjoy reading what everyone post.. I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
Old 12-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #21  
Happy Spring!

S/C/G: 195//35

Height: 5'5

Good Afternoon!!! I'm happy to report a loss of 1.2 today!! A great start for a Monday! My parents came to see me this weekend and their comments kept me on the right track. I was stalled for a while and needed the motivation. I'd like to be in the 140's by Christmas, I'm going to try eating lots of lettuce and going for walks to give me that extra push.

I'm happy to see everyone doing well through the Holidays, stay strong IP'ers. Also, Welcome to all that are new! Have a great day!!
Old 12-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #22  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

My WI is tonight, it's my 2nd wk!
Old 12-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWife2388 View Post
Hi everyone. I have been trying to get on for days and read the threads. It really helps me to stay OP. I had WI on Friday and had a 5.25lb loss. It felt great to get below 200 My husband gets home tomorrow from Iraq and I am not worried at all about getting off program. It has been the easiest diet I have ever been on. Before when he would come home from someplace I would have such issues sticking to anything but I really don't feel like I will this time. I really enjoy reading what everyone post.. I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
I know you are excited about him coming home, is he home for good or just on a short leave? Does he know you have been on this program or is it going to be a surprise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie8810 View Post
Good Afternoon!!! I'm happy to report a loss of 1.2 today!! A great start for a Monday! My parents came to see me this weekend and their comments kept me on the right track. I was stalled for a while and needed the motivation. I'd like to be in the 140's by Christmas, I'm going to try eating lots of lettuce and going for walks to give me that extra push.

I'm happy to see everyone doing well through the Holidays, stay strong IP'ers. Also, Welcome to all that are new! Have a great day!!
Compliments always help you when it comes to sticking to the program, positive words are bonuses that is for sure. Congrats to staying OP while your parents were there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
My WI is tonight, it's my 2nd wk!
Good luck at your WI!
Old 12-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #24  

Height: 6'0

Good Morning All,
Today is the last day of the semester (whoo hoo), my students will be pleased to be rid of me!!

It will be easier to get the menu thing going, I need to plan ahead. I will be traveling for about 10 days over the holidays. What is the best way to get veggies in without too much to carry (airplanes) and fast and easy to prepare--that is not broccoli or cauliflower...

My daughter and I weigh in for the first time on wed and thursday. my home scale tells me i have lost, but it did not agree with the center scale. But I think it will be encouraging, I need to see some results!! So far the first week has been fine, we both feel good, although my daughter had a nasty cold/sore throat, she drank some nyquil the first night but got back on program the next day.

This forum is awesome, I quit smoking 15 years ago helped in part by a stop smoking message board such as this and it was a huge help to have that support. Especially since I live in the boonies and it is not easy to get to meetings, groups etc.

Have a great day,

Last edited by Lmflora; 12-12-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #25  

Try pickles or cut up bell pepper slices even pickled okra if you like that. My staples are cucumbers the most, then okra, pepper slices then sweet baby gerhkins
Old 12-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone, hope you all had a good week-end.

I am freaking out with not enough time til christmas. This week-end was a bust, saturday i worked and sunday i did some shopping with my friend to find an outfit for my christmas party and sunday afternoon we had the kids christmas party through my work. Tonight we have to go see a friend of dh who's mother passed away. Wednesday kids holiday concert, thursday dd dentist appointment, friday nails and than its the week-end again..i'm not nearly done christmas shopping and haven't started any of my holiday baking...and i'll have to be at work for 7am all this week too

Had my WI on saturday -2, that put me at halfway done
Old 12-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

WI #7 today and down 2 more pounds and that included 3 days on phase 2. I have never averaged a 3lb a week weight loss on any diet.
By the way...has anyone heard from Bludolphin?
Old 12-12-2011, 12:56 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Hi everyone, hope you all had a good week-end.

I am freaking out with not enough time til christmas. This week-end was a bust, saturday i worked and sunday i did some shopping with my friend to find an outfit for my christmas party and sunday afternoon we had the kids christmas party through my work. Tonight we have to go see a friend of dh who's mother passed away. Wednesday kids holiday concert, thursday dd dentist appointment, friday nails and than its the week-end again..i'm not nearly done christmas shopping and haven't started any of my holiday baking...and i'll have to be at work for 7am all this week too

Had my WI on saturday -2, that put me at halfway done
Wow you have got too much on your plate girl...hang in there its almost over. A few days left then its back to a normal life I am sure
Old 12-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 206/174/160

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
Good morning!

Went with my daughter to see Wicked yesterday! Love love love that show! It was my 3rd time and I thoroughly enjoyed it as much as the first. If you get a chance to see it, please do!

My first WI is Wednesday and I've fared pretty well this week. Stuck to the program 100% and feel good compared to what others have reported (headache, nausea, tiredness, etc).

I'm getting an extra IP pack for my first week - my coach recommended it for between breakfast and lunch, whick I'm glad I have because I do get hungry before lunch. However, I still get really hungry (stomach gnawing) about 2.5 hours after lunch and it lasts till dinner. I'm currently having 8oz of protein at dinner. Yesterday I put 2oz of protein in my lunch and took it out of dinner's portion. It helped a bit. I'm just a bit worried about week 2 without the extra packet.

I was planning on keeping my snack in the evening after dinner when I phase down to 3 packs. Does the hunger between meals get better? Do you have any tips for dealing with it? I'm pushing my breakfast forward an hour so ther's less time between B & L. That stinks cuz I'm hungry when I wake up. Is this a good idea or am I asking for trouble because I'm letting myself get too hungry??

Sorry for the long post, but would really appreciate the input!

Pam
We started at the same time...my first weigh in is tomorrow - best of luck with yours on Weds!

...as for hunger, I have my real meal for lunch - it seems to hold me over more. This weekend I had my real meal at dinner, and I noticed around 3pm I was starving!

I also save a little bit of chopped veggies from my lunch and make a little salad to eat around 3-4pm...it's a nice little snack before dinner! Hope this helps!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #30  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Ipeeps!

Hope everyone is having a great day. I lost 1.2 lbs and 1 inch. I'll take it! Jogged on my lunch hour and it felt so great. I was so nervous to begin joggind and am pleasantly surprised at how much I like it and really enjoy the feeling of my body working with me and not against me.

Have a great day all!
Jo
Closed Thread