Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #46  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Some of us have had our protein counts moved up, 8 oz has become more of the norm lately.
My coaches actually have me on 10-12 oz at dinner now, but I know I am not the norm.
I'm a big girl and a ... um... healthy eater, but doesn't that feel like an awful lot of food to eat in a single sitting? I could put that away over an hour or so... of course, it might just be my post oral surgery mouth thinking.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
My husband and I went away for the weekend alone and shopped our behinds off for Christmas. I was beyond pleased when I was in Bootlegger shopping for myself (yayyy!) and asked for a size of jeans and once I tried them on, they were too big and I needed 2 sizes smaller!! definitely was a NSV for sure....
That is way cool! Congrats.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 335HW/see ticker/195

Height: 5'9''

Congrats on the NSV. It's sooo great, isn't it?

Today I tried on a skirt that I had packed away... and it fits perfect... even a little too big at the waist!
Old 11-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #49  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I'm a big girl and a ... um... healthy eater, but doesn't that feel like an awful lot of food to eat in a single sitting? I could put that away over an hour or so... of course, it might just be my post oral surgery mouth thinking.
Not when that's all you get for the day lol.
Nah it's not hard, last night I had a 6oz filet minon and a 4 oz chicken breast along with 2oz of pan friend shrimp.
They have my wife up to 10oz now as well since she is so active on her job.

Of course we started on 8, so it wasn't a big jump up.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:04 PM   #50  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
I wouldn't sweat this too much... deal with your bladder infection which might be a result of not drinking enough water.

The ketostix simply measure the presence of ketones in the urine which doesn't necessarily meant ketoacidosis, but the presence of ketones can be a symptom of ketoacidosis. Ketoacidosis is when a diabetic does not have enough insulin to use glucose as fuel and so, it uses fat. We are trying to get the body to use fat as fuel by depriving it of the glucose that would normally be our first source. It's definitely a line and I certainly wouldn't be doing this diet if I were Type I diabetic.

Consuming a lot of water might dilute results, but if you use it first think the morning you should at least see some trace of ketones--if the sticks are working.

I'm with your though, follow the program... make sure you are getting enough water... and everything should work out fine.

Well said... now I just need to do it. Seriously though, I am just focusing on getting through this week well---which means on plan.

WUV are you doing 8 ounces of meat at your meal? I've mentioned before that there seems to be some changes to the quantity of meat since I first did the program and I'm still trying to process it all. I'm doing 5oz right now, but twice a day--so technically I'm phase II, but on the days that I dance I still eat 3 packets. I've been working with my coach to find something that balances my desire to lose with my exercise level and it's sure not the easiest thing I've ever done. My only concern about going to 8oz of meat at one meal is that seems like a whole lot of food to eat at one time. Anyway... I'm just curious.
I have always had 8oz of meat for my dinner, I am like Wayward its not a lot if that is all the meat you get for the day...lol....I look forward to my meat at night....its like a bonus....haha...I have never had any problems eating my 8oz that is for sure!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #51  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I have always had 8oz of meat for my dinner, I am like Wayward its not a lot if that is all the meat you get for the day...lol....I look forward to my meat at night....its like a bonus....haha...I have never had any problems eating my 8oz that is for sure!
I would have to say the same as well... I totally look forward to my meat at night!! its like a desert!! haha
Old 11-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #52  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
That is way cool! Congrats.
thank you!!

Quote:
Congrats on the NSV. It's sooo great, isn't it?

Today I tried on a skirt that I had packed away... and it fits perfect... even a little too big at the waist!
yes, it is wonderful! thank you and congrats to you as well!!
Old 11-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #53  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Haven't been in here is a few. Has been going good, but busy. It's holiday season afterall. I did finally make my own protein bars and they came out pretty good. Also tried making some tofu fries and chicken croquettes. I will experiment a little more to beat the boredom.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #54  
Started IP 7/7/2010

Quote:
Nah it's not hard, last night I had a 6oz filet minon and a 4 oz chicken breast along with 2oz of pan friend shrimp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I like the idea of breaking it up with different types of meat... more if I didn't have to cook them. I think it may be that I always did my meat at lunch and now, with dancing in the evening and still needing to eat a packet there, I think it would be too much. I'll play around a bit though and see how I feel.

Thanks for sharing...
Old 11-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #55  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
I like the idea of breaking it up with different types of meat... more if I didn't have to cook them. I think it may be that I always did my meat at lunch and now, with dancing in the evening and still needing to eat a packet there, I think it would be too much. I'll play around a bit though and see how I feel.

Thanks for sharing...
When I was doing derby a couple times a week I found it better for me to eat a few mins before I had to leave then I would also eat my restricted right after I was done... it seemed to help me quite a bit... before I started doing that I was feeling Lathargic while at practice!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #56  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I also eat 8 oz of meat most of the time. Sometimes it doesn't weigh out correctly, but I never have less than 7 oz.
For those that feel like they are really hungry some days, take this into consideration: I go through a few days of this in a row every 2 or 3 weeks. Those are the weeks where I have had the biggest losses. I'm not sure if everyone is this way, maybe others can chime in.... It totally makes me not want to cheat because I know I am losing more lbs that week, why would I want to hinder it? Think of it like this, if the possibility is there to lose 5 lbs instead of 3 for a week, would one piece of cake or cheese bread be worth that? That's an extra hundred bucks you can save by being able to phase off a week early. What happens if that piece of bread makes you gain a lb? Is it really worth it? Not to me! I'm ready to be done with this diet and I know I don't have that much farther to go. I will eat bread in phase 3.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:51 PM   #57  
Peggy

S/C/G: 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I am so glad to know that I'm not the only that looks forward to my 8 oz of meat at dinner time. I've been OP since 11/11 and it is getting so much easier. The hardest thing for me is breaking old habits. I love to read and typically snack while I read. Today, I sat down to read a bit and I started craving snacks and I notice when I go to the grocery store I want to reach for a 20 ounce soda. I'm hoping it doesn't take me long to retrain myself into new better habits.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #58  

Hi everyone!
I must say my first week was very good..did my WI today..down 8 pounds!
I am lactose intolerant and allergic to Whey..is anyone else ? I could use some tips for the limited amount of food I can eat and how to prepare it so I don't get bored.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #59  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I also eat 8 oz of meat most of the time. Sometimes it doesn't weigh out correctly, but I never have less than 7 oz.
For those that feel like they are really hungry some days, take this into consideration: I go through a few days of this in a row every 2 or 3 weeks. Those are the weeks where I have had the biggest losses. I'm not sure if everyone is this way, maybe others can chime in.... It totally makes me not want to cheat because I know I am losing more lbs that week, why would I want to hinder it? Think of it like this, if the possibility is there to lose 5 lbs instead of 3 for a week, would one piece of cake or cheese bread be worth that? That's an extra hundred bucks you can save by being able to phase off a week early. What happens if that piece of bread makes you gain a lb? Is it really worth it? Not to me! I'm ready to be done with this diet and I know I don't have that much farther to go. I will eat bread in phase 3.
AMEN!!!...couldn't of said it any better!!!....100% agree with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicpinecone View Post
I am so glad to know that I'm not the only that looks forward to my 8 oz of meat at dinner time. I've been OP since 11/11 and it is getting so much easier. The hardest thing for me is breaking old habits. I love to read and typically snack while I read. Today, I sat down to read a bit and I started craving snacks and I notice when I go to the grocery store I want to reach for a 20 ounce soda. I'm hoping it doesn't take me long to retrain myself into new better habits.
Have pickles or cucumbers on hand when this happens or even sliced bell peppers. I always keep my tea handy when I am at the computer or even a slice of sugarfree gum. Just have to retrain your thoughts, it will get easier

Where are the Monday WI results....I know there are a few that weighed in today.....what is going on????

FINN started a progress thread.....I challenge everyone to post before pics and now pics of themselves. Lets see how far we have come on our journey, large or small...a loss is a loss...lets SHOW THEM!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 11-21-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:06 PM   #60  
Started IP 7/7/2010

Quote:

The more I think about it the more I realize it's not much different than what I'm doing by having 5oz of meat twice a day. I just split it over the two meals and most days I'm still having 3 packets as you probably do in Phase 1. I'm pretty active and it seems to be working--when I stay focused. (I had a bad couple of days, but I'm back on track now.) My busy days can be really long in that they start with meetings during the day, teaching in the evening followed by dancing, so it takes that heavier meal at lunch to get me through the afternoon. ---And even though I say meetings, I'm not sitting for long.
Closed Thread