Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #346  

S/C/G: 204/166.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Good morning all and Happy Monday!

It's very overcast with gray skies here in the DC area but it's nice and warm, well for us anyway. It's about 56 F and expected to get to 61 F. Sun would be nice but it's not bad for December.

Had a big NSV this weekend and wanted to share.
Went to a big dinner party with my gourmet dinner club this past Saturday and did very well. The theme was a Russian Christmas, year 1862, dinner before the opening of Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker - pretty specific huh?

I did well and stayed OP. What's annoying though, is how I've become super critical and observant about what everyone else is eating (not aloud but in my head) especially stuff that I WOULD have eaten before.

so here's what I DIDN'T have:
cocktails
wine, wine, wine
sugared plums
blini with caviar
something on toast points
goat cheese souffle
cherry sauce for the veal roast
Potato cake (karthoshnik)
brown bread with butter
cake pops
liquor filled chocolates

Here's what I did have:
bite of caviar, no blini
salad with pickled cabbage
mushrooms (I made the side dishes so made sure to include this)
veal, no sauce
regular coffee

Felt very powerful and in control. I was wearing a gown (ok, sometimes we go crazy - it was black tie but all the guys already have tuxes) that I wore for a formal wedding in June. Although it fit in June, it fit really well now. Even my friend's husband later mentioned that I was looking good.

I feel pretty educated on nutrition and weight loss and have tried every diet known to man including spending tons of money at a diet doc and giving myself injections. This is the first time EVER in my life that I've felt in control and understand why and how I can lose weight. What a powerful feeling!

If I can make it through Thanksgiving without wine, pie, mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, cornbread stuffing, etc., AND I can do a dinner party without drinking, eating starch or dessert, I can do anything!

Bring on the Holiday cookies, cake, candy, eggnog, etc. We can do this!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #347  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
Home from a long, but oh so fun, weekend. We went to st.paul/minneapolis (about a hour and a half drive from home) and stayed at a hotel that I got a really good deal on for Saturday, spent alot of time in the pool as the snow was flying outside. Then Sunday we spent the entire day at the Mall of America riding rides, visiting santa, making build a bears etc. Got home late last night and was back to work this morning. Hope to do it again soon but will have to wait until the checkbook recovers, maybe a year from now.
I did decent at the MOA which is really difficult with all the yummy foods around every corner, but i stuck with it.
Looks like someone had a great weekend!!....we all need that every once in awhile that is for sure!!!...glad to see you back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswinter View Post
Morning everyone! Wedding month has arrived! I am so happy I found this program - I'm so much happier and confident and won't be ashamed of our wedding pictures. Hoping to hit my final goal by the end of April!
You are doing great on the program and looking good I must say!!...keep it up and you will be at your goal in no time. Wedding planning is exciting and will keep your mind busy and distracted away from food. The most important thing to remember in this busy month is to EAT!!....don't get to distracted and forget to eat or drink your water!!...Happy wedding month to ya!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Morning everyone!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well this morning, feeling really sore and tired today.
Threw my back out again, which made for a crappy weekend of uncomfortable sleep.
Really hoping it works itself back out soon, sorry I haven't been around much lately, just so much going on with taking care of the little one and so busy at work lately.

I am SO glad the state decided to shut down the university the last week of the year this year.
I am really looking forward to the time off.
Take care everyone, I will be lurking and dropping by here and there today.
You and that back Wayward!!.....it needs to cut you a little slack since you are having to take care of the little one right now without your wife around so much. I can remember those days. Awesome news for the closure that is for sure, there is really no need to be opened since most of everyone would be gone anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylynn View Post

Had a big NSV this weekend and wanted to share.

Well looks like you had a great time and was very successful at your outing. Sounds like you are ready for the holiday
Old 12-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 175/142.6/138

Height: 5'5

Day 6, Still sick, Cough and Icky feeling. Went in today to get some cough syrup... All have high corn fructose.... I broke down and bought some, hope it doesn't put me out of ketosis.. but i can't handle being sick this long. Dang you sugar!!! You are enemy number 1 haha
Old 12-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #349  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylynn View Post

Felt very powerful and in control. I was wearing a gown (ok, sometimes we go crazy - it was black tie but all the guys already have tuxes) that I wore for a formal wedding in June. Although it fit in June, it fit really well now. Even my friend's husband later mentioned that I was looking good.

I feel pretty educated on nutrition and weight loss and have tried every diet known to man including spending tons of money at a diet doc and giving myself injections. This is the first time EVER in my life that I've felt in control and understand why and how I can lose weight. What a powerful feeling!

If I can make it through Thanksgiving without wine, pie, mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, cornbread stuffing, etc., AND I can do a dinner party without drinking, eating starch or dessert, I can do anything!

Awesome! I love the powerful feelings of succuess I get too. Being in control. Achieving a goal. :0 we can do this
Old 12-06-2011, 12:44 AM   #350  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

WUV, when I went to post my "big" -0.5 in the challange thread I noticed that the -1 I put in last week was gone. Don't know what I did but your total for last week would be a pound short.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:10 AM   #351  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
WUV, when I went to post my "big" -0.5 in the challange thread I noticed that the -1 I put in last week was gone. Don't know what I did but your total for last week would be a pound short.
hmmm...I'll go check it out!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #352  

Wayward, where in the world are you???
Old 12-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #353  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

It's been one of those day. One of the battery backup units that I admin failed this morning, taking down 6 servers including our SQL server.
So needless to say I have been having fun with that mess for the whole morning.

Then had my WI, happy to say I dropped 3 pounds this week, almost 4, but not quite, that's ok though it will be that much easier to drop another pound next week.

I also spoke with my coach about the possibility of coming in and helping them out and becoming a coach myself, that way I can get a hook up on product after I make goal since I plan on using some product still on maintenance.
Plus I can get free adjustments for the wife

They will let me know next week, so wish me luck!!
Old 12-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #354  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
It's been one of those day. One of the battery backup units that I admin failed this morning, taking down 6 servers including our SQL server.
So needless to say I have been having fun with that mess for the whole morning.

Then had my WI, happy to say I dropped 3 pounds this week, almost 4, but not quite, that's ok though it will be that much easier to drop another pound next week.

I also spoke with my coach about the possibility of coming in and helping them out and becoming a coach myself, that way I can get a hook up on product after I make goal since I plan on using some product still on maintenance.
Plus I can get free adjustments for the wife

They will let me know next week, so wish me luck!!
WOOHOO!!!!...almost there AND wanting to become a coach, that is great!!! big pat on the back to you!!!!...GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #355  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Three months, 17 Weeks, 70 pounds, 10 pant sizes, 3 shirt sizes later Phase II began today for me.

Made the choice to start a bit sooner then expected. Variety of reasons, mainly though I feel fantastic and I'm very happy (with myself) for losing 70+ pounds and sticking to the plan 100%. I also know that I'm burning out and I don't want to get to the point where cheats become something I'd consider doing. Told my coach though that I'm not going to know what to do on Tuesday mornings without dropping by and chatting with them, then again I'll have that $100/week to spend if I want too!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #356  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Guy View Post
Three months, 17 Weeks, 70 pounds, 10 pant sizes, 3 shirt sizes later Phase II began today for me.

Made the choice to start a bit sooner then expected. Variety of reasons, mainly though I feel fantastic and I'm very happy (with myself) for losing 70+ pounds and sticking to the plan 100%. I also know that I'm burning out and I don't want to get to the point where cheats become something I'd consider doing. Told my coach though that I'm not going to know what to do on Tuesday mornings without dropping by and chatting with them, then again I'll have that $100/week to spend if I want too!
Thats awesome yguy....Congrats!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #357  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Grats Yguy, I am very happy for you!!!!
Welcome to the whole new you
Old 12-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #358  

Good morning down another 1.3 lbs this weather is doing nothing for my arthritis, its in full swing. But that is ok, It will be off next week
Old 12-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #359  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning down another 1.3 lbs this weather is doing nothing for my arthritis, its in full swing. But that is ok, It will be off next week
ICKY!! We have been pretty chilly here in WA as well!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #360  

S/C/G: 173/143/130

Height: 5'7'

Hello Everyone!!
I have a few questions. I started IP yesterday and I drank herbal tea throughout the day cause it takes away my hunger pangs. Is an unlimited amout of Tea allowed? I dont see it anywhere on the sheet. And also I quit smoking recently so I chew alot of gum. I bought the sugar free and aspartame free gum from my clinic. Is it ok to be chewing this all day? It is sweetened with xylitol.
Closed Thread