Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #421  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRustler View Post
Hello! I am attending an open house next week at a new IP clinic in my area and will be starting shortly after. I'm wondering if anyone in my age group (I'm 58) can tell me if your losses are in the "average" range for this diet, or if it's slower for you. I did a search for "age" and "years old" and found nothing. Let me know if I should be asking somewhere else. Thanks!
We have a few that are in your age group, Sandy, Patns and Bellamack are the three that pop into my head right off of the bat. You can find Sandy and Bella in the Maintenance or experienced threads.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:43 AM   #422  

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Hello! I am attending an open house next week at a new IP clinic in my area and will be starting shortly after. I'm wondering if anyone in my age group (I'm 58) can tell me if your losses are in the "average" range for this diet, or if it's slower for you. I did a search for "age" and "years old" and found nothing. Let me know if I should be asking somewhere else. Thanks!
Hi - Yes, I am 57 and I lose an average of 3 - 3.5 lbs a week. I am very happy about how things are progressing. It's such a do-able plan (although the last couple of weeks have been tough due to the holidays). I'm also in the PNW and go to a clinic in Seattle, WA. Best of luck!!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #423  
Giniwarrior

S/C/G: 238/178/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I am 54 and average 3 to 4 lbs a week and also am through menopause which packs on the belly fat so was surprised when I continue to maintain this loss. I started mid september and plan on losing 50lbs by years end. I have only two lbs to go. I am in the 100's for the first time in ten years
I have a general question for the group. Is it okay to use hickama(sp)?

Last edited by Giniwarrior; 12-19-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:42 PM   #424  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giniwarrior View Post
I am 54 and average 3 to 4 lbs a week and also am through menopause which packs on the belly fat so was surprised when I continue to maintain this loss. I started mid september and plan on losing 50lbs by years end. I have only two lbs to go. I am in the 100's for the first time in ten years
I have a general question for the group. Is it okay to use hickama(sp)?
It's been a long time since anyone's ask this question and even though I know the answer, no, I had to look it up again because it seems as though it ought to be allowed. 2 cups, 260 grams, has 22.93 grams of carbohydrates. Yee-ouch! (But only 4.68 g of sugar and 12.7!! grams of fiber.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #425  

Quote:
Hi Kat! I turned 59 in Nov. You can look at my weekly weigh in numbers below! Good luck to you.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:29 PM   #426  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I am 64. My rate of loss is very slow but I have been like that all my life. I actually gain on other plans such as WW so this has been a miracle for me.
As Giniwarrior mentioned what is quite amazing my biggest losses are at the belly.
I am 5 pounds from my original goal but think I will likely keep going down another 5 pounds.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #427  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Lisa and everyone else, sorry I haven't been around the past few days, been really busy with the little guy and work and getting everything ready for the holidays.
Plus I started phase 3 last week, what a mess that has been thus far.
Really not a surprising result, which I won't let get to me, unless it happens again next week lol.
Up 1.5 pounds wtf lol... oh well my body is just getting used to real food again, I will make the best of it and move on.
Happy holidays to everyone, and I will check in at least a few times this week before the holidays,l I hope

Stay positive everyone!!
Old 12-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #428  

Oh its ok Wayward, I know how busy everyone is at this time a year and you are basically a single parent with your wife working crazy hours. Hang in there, you know what to do....Happy holidays to you, keep up your chin
Old 12-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #429  

Good morning y'all, Just got back from my WI down another 2lbs and another 1.5 inches. The inches are really starting to come off now so I am super excited about that!!...My hip is hurting me less and less today its not hurting at all so you KNOW that I am like lets go!....lol...Leaving to go to mom's this afternoon so I won't be around as much but I will check in. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and stays safe.....Much love to all
Old 12-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #430  

S/C/G: 202.6/166.8/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Hiya everyone, another cloudy day here in MS. Going to a Christmas party tonight, gotta find something cute to wear in my closet....lol...Some haven't seen me since I have started so I wanna freak them out just a little....lol
That is exciting! Have fun looking so great!
Old 12-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #431  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkp888 View Post
Great Job Wuv, you are doing amazing!!! You are truly an inspiration, keep up the great work!
I agree!!! Truly a great person!
Old 12-21-2011, 12:40 PM   #432  

Thank you
Old 12-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #433  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
Definitely get a hot new outfit for that! It's important to treat ourselves in nonfood ways - and to feel good about ourselves. Helps to deal with all the food temptations.
AMEN!!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #434  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Blu.. congrats on the WI, that is awesome.

As for the TMI, I am kind of immune to that, I am one of like 5 men on this entire forum.
The amount of times I have seen TMI since joining has pretty much just made me not even notice anymore lol.

I still am the only one I have come across that seems to have really no digestive issues. And that just seems to be because I was the opposite of the big C ever since my pancreatitis and having my gall bladder out 2 years ago.
Now I am basically back to normal while on this diet lol.
I am immune to this talk as well....no biggie!!! I have no issues either and I also had my gall bladder out 2 years ago.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:13 AM   #435  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Good job WUV on the weighin and pain free hip. Have a great time at your moms.
I had to laugh at myself today. We will have a quiet Christmas, just hubby and I and our two grown kids will come by. So I was looking at recipes for things I usually make and trying to pick what would be best for the other three. Some really old favorites there and I made up my shopping list. Later I was really feeling guilty, it was like "I cheated in my mind". Then I dreamed I had eaten all kinds of chocolate stuff and woke up so upset with myself. Well after all this the scale was actually down half a pound!
I guess all the guilt burns fat!

Today we had a meeting at a hotel and a big holiday dinner was provided. I brought my own lunch. But when I looked at what was offered it was fine and I had that. I got a huge plate of salad greens, passed on the dressing and also two huge slices of turkey breast. I never even noticed I wasn't eating all the trimmings and the desserts. So that is the end of a solid month of holiday feasts at work. I brought my own food for all of them, Christmas at home should be easy after working to avoid all of that celebrating with food.
Closed Thread