Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 01:02 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 11/7/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-07-2011, 07:34 AM   #2  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone. This time change is difficult! I am up early. At least I will get to the gym and work on time.

I am on week two of Phase 3 and enjoying it.

Hope everyone has a great day on IP.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:49 AM   #3  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

This weekend went fine with all the food encounters/socials I went too. I didn't deviate from plan at all although the foods all looked delicious! Yesterday was particularly encouraging when I saw family that hasn't seen me since maybe a month before I started IP. They were so supportive and interested. I talked to a couple of members about what I was doing, as they specifically asked and I think they may both be motivated to try it too. I also got an email this weekend from a teacher at my son's school asking about what I was doing, etc so I sent her information. It really helped me keep focused too.
I have not lost anymore over the weekend, but no gain so hopefully I will get a whoosh tomorrow morning before my weigh-in tomorrow afternoon.
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:02 AM   #4  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Gonna have an awesome week! Will have an awesome weigh in tuesday Loving life Happy Monday
Old 11-07-2011, 08:12 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

First time seeing the new pics Lisa. Awesome transformation! I bet this is your big 100lb lost week!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

WUV - I am in shock! I knew you have been kicking butt on this program but I guess it didn't click w/ me you've only been on since April! WAY TO GO!!! Your success keeps me motivated!

I monitor my weight at home every other day or every third day and today I saw 219! Haven't seen the 'teens in a long time. I was 252 back in June and I'm shocked when I see pictures from back then - I looked so bloated! Looking forward to a great WI this week.

Was able to stay OP all weekend even with our shower yesterday. The food looked so delicious and they had the most beautiful cake made for us. Everyone raved about how good it was. I cut a big chunk out of the top tier and froze it to enjoy at some point in the future!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #7  
OP 6/5/11

S/C/G: 252/197/195

Height: 6'3"

Good morning! New low weight this morning, it seems my stall out is over for at least a couple of days. I have several days of hotel living ahead and that is always interesting - I try to hold my own when I'm on the road.

I'm going to evaluate my goal when I manage to lose a couple more pounds and see how I feel. Most likely I should wait until after the Holidays to see how that all goes.

Sorry for the rambling, just trying to get motivated for a day of serious paper writing!

Have a great day everyone and Stay Strong!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswinter View Post
WUV - I am in shock! I knew you have been kicking butt on this program but I guess it didn't click w/ me you've only been on since April! WAY TO GO!!! Your success keeps me motivated!

I monitor my weight at home every other day or every third day and today I saw 219! Haven't seen the 'teens in a long time. I was 252 back in June and I'm shocked when I see pictures from back then - I looked so bloated! Looking forward to a great WI this week.

Was able to stay OP all weekend even with our shower yesterday. The food looked so delicious and they had the most beautiful cake made for us. Everyone raved about how good it was. I cut a big chunk out of the top tier and froze it to enjoy at some point in the future!

It didn't "click" with me, either that Wuv's only been OP since April!! That is completely amazing and awesome!!

And MissWinter, I don't know how you avoided that cake, but I'm so glad for you that you did!! It will be that much better whenever you can enjoy it in the future!! And the one you can taste in your wedding gown will be even better!! Congrats!!

I had a great OP weekend, but my family suffered a great loss yesterday afternoon. My cousin's 2 & 1/2 month old baby died. He was a twin and she put them down for their nap and when she went to check on him he was blue. He was air-lifted to the hospital, but he did not make it and passed away after lunch time. It is a terribly sad time right now for all of us. Please keep us in your prayers during this difficult time. Thanks!

Best of luck to everyone with WI's today!!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #9  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtemplet View Post
I had a great OP weekend, but my family suffered a great loss yesterday afternoon. My cousin's 2 & 1/2 month old baby died. He was a twin and she put them down for their nap and when she went to check on him he was blue. He was air-lifted to the hospital, but he did not make it and passed away after lunch time. It is a terribly sad time right now for all of us. Please keep us in your prayers during this difficult time. Thanks!

Best of luck to everyone with WI's today!!
OMGoodness. I am SO sorry to hear that. I honestly don't know what else to say other than I'm sorry you all have to go through that and you are definitely in my prayers.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
OMGoodness. I am SO sorry to hear that. I honestly don't know what else to say other than I'm sorry you all have to go through that and you are definitely in my prayers.
Thanks! There are no words...but prayer works wonders. Thanks again!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #11  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

So sorry that family is going through that. There is not very much worse than losing a child. I don't even want to image. You both are in our thoughts and prayers.

I had my WI friday. I am down another 3 lbs. I am happy with that. Slow and steady wins the race..

I am glad to see how well everyone did over the weekend with all the tempations. Great job.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
My deepest sympathies to you and your family. I cant imagine what you must be all going through. God Bless you and your family.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #13  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtemplet View Post

I am so sorry for your loss! You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #14  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Wuv, seriously... All I can say is WOW! That's an amazing transformation.

I am so sorry hearing about the loss of a baby, I really cannot imagine the thought of a parent losing a child... My prayers are with you!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #15  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

Wuv, love the new pictures. I can't believe how great you look. Keep up the great work...as i know you will.
Closed Thread