Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #31  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshGFonIP View Post
Good Morning All IP'ers, I am proud of myself and dissappointed all at the same time, this weekend was my first weekend OP and I found the not drinking part was easier than I thought it would be as I really do enjoy a glass of wine / or a bottle on the weekend but I drank a lot of tea instead and found that was nice because it was soooo cold here on the weekend. I stayed on plan for the most part except for saturday night we were at a get together and I had some sausage off a meat and cheese tray which I dont think was IP approved. Also, this being my first week with my first WI on Wednesday I am a little discouraged as I am not noticing a big change at all in my body or my clothes, I think I need to buy a food scale as I am eyeballing my evening protein and I am also having a lot of pickles and lunch meat as little snacks when I feel hungry, I think I need to cut that out all together and maybe just have the pickles, any suggestions? I have weigh in on Wednesday and I was hoping to see at least 8lbs gone but I dont think that is going to happen.

Congratulations to all who have lost this week/weekend and WUV your results are really motivating!

Ash this is your first week, you won't SEE that big of a difference in yourself. I am sure you have lost some weight. I HIGHLY recommend purchasing a scale, it makes life so much easier. You may not be getting all of your protein at night IF you do have a small loss. Stay away from the lunch meat, it is high in sodium and can cause some water retention and also has lost of preservatives and sugars. Keep an eye out on your pickles they too have a lot of sodium. Congrats on not having any wine and drinking tea instead, these are all little things that will get easier as you go. You seem to know what you have to do so just keep your chin up and BE POSITIVE....YOU WILL DO THIS!! .....and thanks, my results have been from keeping a positive outlook to everything and lots of determination
Old 11-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #32  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Today was my second WI and I am so happy to learn that my scale at home weighs me heavier than at my official WI! What I was treading as a minimal loss at my WI --I was hoping for 1.5 pounds--turned out to be 3.75!!!! I seem to "spot losing" inches, I was down 3" in my waist but none in my hips, arms, or thighs. But hey, a loss is a loss and I'll take it. I hope everyone has a great WI this week! As always, thanks for all the great support and advice.
Isn't it great to get a surprise like that???...congrats...don't forget to put it on the challenge spreadsheet if you included yourself in that...Speaking of which.....

I hope everyone had a great weekend and has an even better work week this week. Don't forget the NEW spreadsheet challenge is on. The Halloween Challenge as a group we loss over 845lbs!!!! Is that crazy or what?? I think its FANTASTIC, we have an awesome group here on this board. I think we can hit 900lbs with this challenge what about you???
Old 11-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #33  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Such a Sad loss, my prayers are with you and your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshGFonIP View Post
Good Morning All IP'ers, I am proud of myself and dissappointed all at the same time, this weekend was my first weekend OP and I found the not drinking part was easier than I thought it would be as I really do enjoy a glass of wine / or a bottle on the weekend but I drank a lot of tea instead and found that was nice because it was soooo cold here on the weekend. I stayed on plan for the most part except for saturday night we were at a get together and I had some sausage off a meat and cheese tray which I dont think was IP approved. Also, this being my first week with my first WI on Wednesday I am a little discouraged as I am not noticing a big change at all in my body or my clothes, I think I need to buy a food scale as I am eyeballing my evening protein and I am also having a lot of pickles and lunch meat as little snacks when I feel hungry, I think I need to cut that out all together and maybe just have the pickles, any suggestions? I have weigh in on Wednesday and I was hoping to see at least 8lbs gone but I dont think that is going to happen.

Congratulations to all who have lost this week/weekend and WUV your results are really motivating!

I would cut both of those out, lunch meat isn't on our plan anywhere. Some Coachs say you can have a slice of fat free Ham but that isn't lunch meat. As for the pickles they are part of your veggie limit are you counting them? before you snack drink a glass of water and wait 15 min. You can do this diet, it is strict but easy... no cheats and no little nibbles of things you can't have. and Get a scale, no more eyeballing anything.

WUV - you are truly amazing, those pictures say so much... keep up the good work. and of course you will!
Old 11-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #34  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Okay, I'm just saying it... the new chocolate chip cookies have potential to be trouble! They taste too good!
Old 11-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #35  
Started IP Oct 11, 2011

S/C/G: 260/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Happy Monday all! This weekend was very tough. I haven't been able to weigh in for 2 weeks due to the power being out in CT so the furstration set in on Friday and I had a break-down. My fiance who isn't doing IP, was trying everything to help me. He was looking in the stores for different foods for me to try and even looking online. But I stayed OP this whole weekend so I was happy and I'm looking forward to my WI on friday!! Power finally on in my house friday afternoon and it has been AMAZING!!

WUV- you look FABULOUS!!!!

rbtemplet- my thoughts and prayers are with your family during this tough time!!

Have a good week everyone!!! See you tomorrow!!
Old 11-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtemplet View Post
Please keep us in your prayers during this difficult time. Thanks!

Best of luck to everyone with WI's today!!
OMG that is so traggic, I don't think there is anything harder than loosing a child. My heart goes out to all of you
Old 11-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #37  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Finally getting over the intestinal issue and dropped 2lbs!! Moved my weigh-ins to Monday morning because for some reason weekends have been tough but much easier to stay OP when you know you have to face the scale Monday morning.
My poor penguin must have thought his feet froze to that 176.....he moved today!!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
I had a great OP weekend, but my family suffered a great loss yesterday afternoon. My cousin's 2 & 1/2 month old baby died. He was a twin and she put them down for their nap and when she went to check on him he was blue. He was air-lifted to the hospital, but he did not make it and passed away after lunch time. It is a terribly sad time right now for all of us. Please keep us in your prayers during this difficult time. Thanks!
Oh my gosh, so incredibly sad, I'm so very sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
But I will say both my daughter (she is also on IP) and I ate nothing off plan and both of us managed to loose two pounds over the weekend. Just so happy we survived all of that wonderful looking food.
WELL DONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Good morning! Thought I would pop over and say "Hi!". I have been spending most of my time in the "experienced" thread as that fits with where I am in my journey, ie: phasing off. !
Jenny! Great new picture you look fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I would cut both of those out, lunch meat isn't on our plan anywhere. Some Coachs say you can have a slice of fat free Ham but that isn't lunch meat. As for the pickles they are part of your veggie limit are you counting them? before you snack drink a glass of water and wait 15 min. You can do this diet, it is strict but easy... no cheats and no little nibbles of things you can't have. and Get a scale, no more eyeballing anything.
I just love your posts 2Ride, they help keep me on the straight and narrow too!

Wuv, well done, awesome difference!

Hope everyone has a great day, couldn't post until now today, to much to do from being away for a week.

Later skaters!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
It didn't "click" with me, either that Wuv's only been OP since April!! That is completely amazing and awesome!!

And MissWinter, I don't know how you avoided that cake, but I'm so glad for you that you did!! It will be that much better whenever you can enjoy it in the future!! And the one you can taste in your wedding gown will be even better!! Congrats!!

I had a great OP weekend, but my family suffered a great loss yesterday afternoon. My cousin's 2 & 1/2 month old baby died. He was a twin and she put them down for their nap and when she went to check on him he was blue. He was air-lifted to the hospital, but he did not make it and passed away after lunch time. It is a terribly sad time right now for all of us. Please keep us in your prayers during this difficult time. Thanks!

oh my dear, I am so very sorry for such a tragic loss. YOu are in my thoughts and prayers, as well as the rest of the family.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #40  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
OMGoodness. I am SO sorry to hear that. I honestly don't know what else to say other than I'm sorry you all have to go through that and you are definitely in my prayers.
Soooo sad. Lotsa prayers to you and yours.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #41  
Kiki

S/C/G: 175.5/166/125

Height: 5'4"

Smile Hey Everyone!

Newbie here- started October 20th. I wouldn't say I am "loving" this, but the quick results are definately satisfying!

I get bored easily and have stalked this page since beginning the plan and love to see all of the new recipes people post.

Good Luck to Everyone- 19 more posts and I get a signature LOL!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #42  
started IP 10/10/2011

S/C/G: 356/337 or see ticker/190-200

Height: 5'11

hello all IPers

I havent been on in a few days so i thought i check in. Lost -1 lb for Fridays WI so not to bad.

Hope you all have a wonderfull day!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:12 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I

I'm so very sorry for your family, my thoughts are with you all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post

I am plugging along in Phase 2, with almost 1 week under my belt. Had a couple of NSV's this weekend. Went shopping and tried on all smalls or 4's, and everything fit or was too big! Yee-haw! I ended up with a new dress (see new avatar ) in a size small, a new long white button down shirt that I can belt at the waist, size 2 and a pair of jeans, size 2. I am trying to not buy too much by way of clothes because my big shopping day has always been the day after Christmas. So I am trying to save as much money as possible for that so I can totally revamp my wardrobe.

Good luck on all the WI's today!
Jennydoodle - 3 words: FAB-YOU-LESS!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Pickles have become a big part of my veggie requirement so now I am wondering....how much sodium is too much??
Old 11-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #45  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Pickles have become a big part of my veggie requirement so now I am wondering....how much sodium is too much??
I try never to go over 1200mg a day. Pickles are deadly. BUT, you can make your own fresh pickles, so easily, and control both sugar and salt. LOTS of recipes on the internet and, if necessary, you can refine them.
Closed Thread