Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 347/310/190

Height: 5"5

In in Reading yes I have a coach they are soo nice too
Old 09-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #77  
Started LC 1/1/12

S/C/G: 185/179/145

That is where I will be going. the Spine and Wellness Center. It is about an hour from my house. kim will be my coach. I have never heard of this plan until yesterday.

Mary Ann
Old 09-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #78  
cinammon

S/C/G: 202.8/187.6/145

Height: 5' 1"

Today is my third day on the program. My husband thought it was expensive and wasn't to happy about me starting. My thought was if this really works and I don't do it then in 3 years I will still be saying I need to lose weight.

I have seen first hand a co-worker on the plan. He didn't have much to lose so it took no time at all.

Another plan that helped but not long was a 120 diet plan through a medium life coach. I should have lost but it wasn't coming off.

I measured myself today...couldn't wait and needed verification. I've lost 3/4 inches around the middle in two days.

I'm very excited.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Yvetteski - you look fabulous, so very pretty!
odIrish - I am also Irish. lol. You choose your own foods, your coach will let you know if you can have "restricted" items or not. My coach had me wait 3 weeks, others have restricted from day one. Good Luck to you!

Wuv, I am more excited for you than I am for myself, practically holding my breath for your next 10, so you will be in the 200's! Gosh, you are doing great.

ItsAboutTime - you will hit losing the BIG 40 this week for sure. awesome
Old 09-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 182/142/142

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I still think I will end up lowering mine. Going to wait 15 more pounds to make that decision though. I want single digit sizes!

Everyone loses differently. You could still be 25 pounds heavier you know!

Nobody knows what I weigh. Not even my hubby. I'm not sure if I will even tell him at goal because then he will know what I once weighed. Like it will matter at that point. Some days I want to tell him but others I still think I need to keep it my little secret.

Seriously girl? Look at your average. That's huge! Be proud!
I know you'll make it. I'm at an age where I really don't want to lose my butt (at least not all of it) or my face (which starts to fall with too little fat to fill in the lines. LOL) I had to smile at your later posts about family pics. I don't have any "start" pics because I deleted them or tore them up. Couldn't stand looking at them! So, guess it's time for some updated photos. When I'm gone, people are probably going to wonder about the 20 yr. gap where there are NO pics of me.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #81  
Started IP Feb 4,2011

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
I have a question for the people using alternatives.

My sister would like to use alternatives as she is unable to afford IP right now so I sent her to the Nashua website. How does she know what brands to look for? Does she just look at the nutrition list and go from there? Which ones are closest to IP?
I know I have seen info on Nashua products a few places ...maybe on the alternative IP thread?
Old 09-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 171.8/155.8/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Good morning! I had a nice surprise this morning. I wasn't expecting a whole lot on the scale and I was actually down 2.4lbs. I love it when you step on hoping for a certain number and you pass it completely.

The one thing I did make sure I did everyday is got a lot of water. I had been slacking and maybe only drinking 80oz and sometimes I added a propel zero but I don't count that in my daily water consumption.
I read your comments this morning and after I went to my WI today I had to come add a note of thanks. I was praying I didn't gain this week..TOM etc and when I got on the scale at my WI and I had lost 1.6 lbs I about started to dance like the stupid carrot right then and there! Thank you for sharing your victories and encouragement!

Ok now for the question: you said you think you have been slacking if you only drink 80oz of water...how much do you consider a good day. As it stands I am in the bathroom all the time at 80oz.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #83  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
Yvette - holy cheekbones!!!! I am jealous.

So my official WI has me down 1.2lbs. I was hoping for more since my home scale is so friendly in the morning, but it's fine. I'm loving the way clothes are fitting. I have a couple of bags of clothes to take to a consignment shop tomorrow, and I desperately need to buy some jeans for myself. Mine can all be taken off without unbuttoning! I also had to buy all new underwear! Sorry if that's TMI. Shopping is fun again.
I have an appointment to start my tattoo on the 1st. So excited!!
Haha, thank you. I had no idea I had them either...lol. Congrats on your weight loss!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
odIrish - I am also Irish. lol. You choose your own foods, your coach will let you know if you can have "restricted" items or not. My coach had me wait 3 weeks, others have restricted from day one. Good Luck to you!

Wuv, I am more excited for you than I am for myself, practically holding my breath for your next 10, so you will be in the 200's! Gosh, you are doing great.

ItsAboutTime - you will hit losing the BIG 40 this week for sure. awesome
Thanks Bella!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 171.8/155.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
YvetteSki,

I completely agree with Bellamack! I am so glad you updated your picture, what a difference 2 months can make!

Last edited by Wildcatinwa; 09-22-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 229/187/185

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Sorry, but what is a WTCWS burger?
That's exactly what I told I asked my wife! No, just kidding

"Yesterday evening my wife decided to prepare a Wholefood Thai Curry Wild Seafood Burger..." WTCWS!

New rule: if I cannot enter the nutritional info into MFP (My Fitness Pal) I refuse to eat it!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 229/187/185

Height: 5' 11"

Thank you for the encouragement!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #87  

Height: 5'7'

ItsAboutTime - you said something today that just resonated with me! You said that no one knows how much you weigh. I am the same way. I admire all the people on here you write their numbers in - I wish I was more like that but I'm too number obsessed. I have to say that as I am losing, I feel so much better about my 'number' but I'm not ready to state it yet
Old 09-22-2011, 05:39 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by odirish View Post
I have been trying to go through the threads. Will my coach pick out my foods or do I? Is there any place where I can check out a menu? I'm definitely not a cook (my DH will tell you that) I thought maybe if I can get some ideas I won't get discouraged. What foods should I avoid picking out?

Mary Ann
It depends. At my first appointment my coach had a pre-done bag with a variety of foods and the required supplements. It was nice to get the chance to sample a lot of different things. After that though I do get to choose whatever I want. Some clinics have you buy it by the box (7packets per box, so 3 boxes a week) and some (like mine) have you buy the individual packets. I actually E-Mail my coach my order a day or two before I go in and she has it all ready for me. Nothing really requires cooking (although some people can really fancy up the packets, I've just been doing straight packets) the most sophisticated thing I've done is turn on the oven. I even put my veggies and my evening protein on the same pan and cook it all together, throw a little seasoning and EVOO on top and it's done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinammon View Post
Today is my third day on the program. My husband thought it was expensive and wasn't to happy about me starting. My thought was if this really works and I don't do it then in 3 years I will still be saying I need to lose weight.

I have seen first hand a co-worker on the plan. He didn't have much to lose so it took no time at all.

Another plan that helped but not long was a 120 diet plan through a medium life coach. I should have lost but it wasn't coming off.

I measured myself today...couldn't wait and needed verification. I've lost 3/4 inches around the middle in two days.

I'm very excited.
That's how my husband was. Considering I used to spend the same amount on a month's worth of groceries for our family of 4 that I'm now spending on IP it was a HUGE jump. However; I am only 2 weeks in and he's already seeing big changes. Plus I have found that I'm saving a little bit of money because we used to eat out once a week and we're not doing that anymore. Plus I used to be a drive through addict when out with the kids and haven't done that in 2weeks.

I know that it might sound silly but I actually think the expense helps with keeping me OP sometimes. I don't want to throw away all the money I've already spent so there is NO WAY I am cheating!

Good luck to you!! If you stick with it and follow the protocol with NO CHEATS it works!!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Default Alternatives closest to IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
I have a question for the people using alternatives.

My sister would like to use alternatives as she is unable to afford IP right now so I sent her to the Nashua website. How does she know what brands to look for? Does she just look at the nutrition list and go from there? Which ones are closest to IP?

Thank you in advance.
The prot-thin are the closest to the IP. I just started using them today. Hate, hate, hate the vanilla pudding. I loved the IP vanilla pudding and I had it every morning. I find I have to doctor the vanilla and put it in my coffee, otherwise it's inedible to me.

Otherwise, I pretty much like the proti-thin products and I really like the price.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Wow Yvette, those pictures are great. I can't believe how much you've changed in such a short time. This inspires me to get my own before and after photos up here. I'm not very tech savvy but I'll give it a try.
Closed Thread