Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 09:18 AM   #16  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Some great news from everyone already this morning! Love this diet! I hit a new decade this morning! Yippee!!! After having a bit of a stall, dropped 2 lbs overnight. Was it the jogging yesterday that did it? Who knows? I'm just glad to be in the 160's, my last decade (unless I decide to keep going - a possibility) and only 9 lbs to goal!
Congratulations! You must be feeling wonderful

I hear you about wanting to keep on going, I originally wanted to be at 150 which was then a far away dream for me, but now I do believe I should make it to 140.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #17  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning everyone, looks like we are having a good day already. Thanks for starting the thread Navymommy. I have a busy day today, lots of cooking going on, brisket, black eye peas, coleslaw, homemade rolls and rice dressing is what we are serving. WE, mom, my brother and I are having brisket, or coleslaw, cauliflower rice dressing.

Mom is already baking a cake and we are putting the brisket to cook in a little while on a slow cook all day. SO yea, we will be smelling food all day. Its ok though I can handle it

Everyone have a wonderful sunny day
Old 09-22-2011, 09:30 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 229/187/185

Height: 5' 11"

Default The Thai Curry Misadventure

Good morning all!

Yesterday evening my wife decided to prepare a Wholefood Thai Curry Wild Seafood Burger. I had misgivings about the burger, since I couldn't find any nutritional info on any of the sites. (Now I am sure some other forum member may be able to suggest a site, but I had zero success.) Well, friends and neighbors I took one bite of the WTCWS burger--well not quite a bite--and realized there was ZERO chance of me eating that burger. HOT. SALTY. SPICY (Yeah I know redundant, right?) w...o...w. I gently explained it wan't the dish for me and ate some leftover catfish.

This was morning I was up for just after three. This morning I switched from the Starbucks vanilla blend we bought at Sam's to the Community Coffee - Dark Roast. For some reason the vanilla blend makes me slightly nauseous after drinking. I finished my cardio session 35 minutes later, showered, and began my pre-work tasks (i.e. responding to unanswered emails, reading chapter texts for class, etc.) for the day.

Can I make the required WI to move to Phase 2 by next week? Or maybe the week after? We shall see.

The day is starting on a positive note.

Good day all!
Old 09-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #19  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Some great news from everyone already this morning! Love this diet! I hit a new decade this morning! Yippee!!! After having a bit of a stall, dropped 2 lbs overnight. Was it the jogging yesterday that did it? Who knows? I'm just glad to be in the 160's, my last decade (unless I decide to keep going - a possibility) and only 9 lbs to goal!

So close! I hear ya on changing goals. That's been on my mind a lot lately also!
Old 09-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #20  
Restarting IP 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldchocnsexy View Post
Good morning all!

Yesterday evening my wife decided to prepare a Wholefood Thai Curry Wild Seafood Burger. I had misgivings about the burger, since I couldn't find any nutritional info on any of the sites. (Now I am sure some other forum member may be able to suggest a site, but I had zero success.) Well, friends and neighbors I took one bite of the WTCWS burger--well not quite a bite--and realized there was ZERO chance of me eating that burger. HOT. SALTY. SPICY (Yeah I know redundant, right?) w...o...w. I gently explained it wan't the dish for me and ate some leftover catfish.

This was morning I was up for just after three. This morning I switched from the Starbucks vanilla blend we bought at Sam's to the Community Coffee - Dark Roast. For some reason the vanilla blend makes me slightly nauseous after drinking. I finished my cardio session 35 minutes later, showered, and began my pre-work tasks (i.e. responding to unanswered emails, reading chapter texts for class, etc.) for the day.

Can I make the required WI to move to Phase 2 by next week? Or maybe the week after? We shall see.

Good day all!

Sorry, but what is a WTCWS burger?
Old 09-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hey Hey Everyone,

I need to shout out today! Officially I am the smallest I've been in my adult life (this doesn't include high school that's a different goal! lol). As some of you know, I was praying for a 3 lbs loss last week. I got 2.4, apparently I don't know how to do math as 2.4 got me to 226...I did a happy dance and started before I got off the scale.

Two goals down (half way, smallest in my adult life), next...smaller then the VIP (he doesn't know that's a goal yet).

Just so all of you know, I really believe the questions, the answers, the cheering on and the picking up when you fall that happen on this forum R-E-A-L-L-Y make a difference. I may not post everyday, but I'm reading everyday! You are all a wonderful support network! Thank you so very much for being who you are.

Everyone have a wonderful lighter day!

PS ....since I had a question the VIP is my boyfriend (it just sounds more fun if you say VIP), he's not my boss I love my job, but not that much! lol
Old 09-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #22  
Restarting IP 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Hey Hey Everyone,

Two goals down (half way, smallest in my adult life), next...smaller then the VIP (he doesn't know that's a goal yet).

PS ....since I had a question the VIP is my boyfriend (it just sounds more fun if you say VIP), he's not my boss I love my job, but not that much! lol
Hehe, I hear you: one of my goals is to fit in my husband's jean! Far from it still, but on my way, to my defense (not so much), my husband is an athlete with a 0% body fat (I mean not really but close), he has the most perfect body a man could have, so I still have a long way to go before fitting in his jeans.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #23  

Quote:
Hey Hey Everyone, I need to shout out today! Officially I am the smallest I've been in my adult life (this doesn't include high school that's a different goal! lol).

the VIP is my boyfriend (it just sounds more fun if you say VIP), he's not my boss I love my job, but not that much! lol[/I]
Way to go!!! You are doing so well.

I think VIP is fitting: very important person! I love your goals!!
Old 09-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Congrats to all the great accomplishments!

I am the turtle in the group, tomorrow is WI #12, I was hoping for 3 lbs, so it would be 25 lbs total, but not look like it will happen. grrrrrrrr.

I went out to dinner with former collegues last night to a well known steak place and had a filet (first steak in over 12 weeks), steamed broccoli & salad and H2O. It tasted so good.

I have my car loaded to capacity and taking off to distribute food, coffee, towels, linens, etc. to some of the local flood victims. What a mess. We were spared this time, but everyone who was here in 1972 and went through the ravage of Agnes knows the daunting task of massive clean up and the goodness of others. Check in later tonight. I have my food packed for the day.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 182/142/142

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
So close! I hear ya on changing goals. That's been on my mind a lot lately also!
I really struggled with the "goal" weight issue. I didn't want to rationalize a bad decision and waited until I talked to my coach yesterday. I upped my goal weight to 145 and was 142 on my scale yesterday, so I'll start Phase III tomorrow. (I want to savor this breakfast and I have someone here this morning, so tomorrow is the DAY!) I feel great at this weight, am in a loose size 10. I'm ready! Good luck, ItsAboutTime. Being from the same state, same height, similar goals, I always am interested in how you're doing.

Last edited by samyswan; 09-22-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:55 AM   #26  
started on June 14

S/C/G: 185/ticker/120

Height: 5.2 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post

I am the turtle in the group, tomorrow is WI #12, I was hoping for 3 lbs, so it would be 25 lbs total, but not look like it will happen. grrrrrrrr.

I went out to dinner with former collegues last night to a well known steak place and had a filet (first steak in over 12 weeks), steamed broccoli & salad and H2O. It tasted so good.

I have my car loaded to capacity and taking off to distribute food, coffee, towels, linens, etc. to some of the local flood victims. What a mess. We were spared this time, but everyone who was here in 1972 and went through the ravage of Agnes knows the daunting task of massive clean up and the goodness of others. Check in later tonight. I have my food packed for the day.
Bellamark,
Don't forget that there are people who cheer for you. I am also a turtle. No matter how hard I try, my total as of week 14 is 30 pounds. I try not to lose heart. And reading your post once in a while helps me to persevere. Have a good day today!

On a different note, what you do for the flood-afflicted is such a good thing. You have a heart of gold.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #27  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Hey Hey Everyone,

I need to shout out today! Officially I am the smallest I've been in my adult life (this doesn't include high school that's a different goal! lol). As some of you know, I was praying for a 3 lbs loss last week. I got 2.4, apparently I don't know how to do math as 2.4 got me to 226...I did a happy dance and started before I got off the scale.

Just so all of you know, I really believe the questions, the answers, the cheering on and the picking up when you fall that happen on this forum R-E-A-L-L-Y make a difference. I may not post everyday, but I'm reading everyday! You are all a wonderful support network! Thank you so very much for being who you are.

You sound like what I did yesterday , when I saw 309 I did a happy dance because not only the 80lbs was gone but I am only 9lbs away from being less than 300lbs which has not been the case in over 20 years!

Maybe once I lose my weight I will have a VIP in my life....haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan kay View Post
Bellamark,
Don't forget that there are people who cheer for you. I am also a turtle. No matter how hard I try, my total as of week 14 is 30 pounds. I try not to lose heart. And reading your post once in a while helps me to persevere. Have a good day today!

On a different note, what you do for the flood-afflicted is such a good thing. You have a heart of gold.
Bella and Kay, y'all may be turtles when it comes to weight loss but y'all WILL finish this journey along with the rest of us. I for one always check on Bella because I know she gets down sometimes for losing slow but at least she is losing. I am behind y'all 100%, WE will get there together!!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:40 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
WILDFLOWER: Thanks so much for the spreadsheet. You gave me some excellent ideas about Phase 3. It is very helpful to have the items' nutritional values. I was interested in the Almond Milk...low carb and no sugar.
Hope your Phase 1/2 is going well. I am starting Phase 2 today..but plan to use Phase 1 also if needed!
I'm glad it helped. It can be hard getting all the numbers to add up just right Almond Milk is a Godsend for me in PH1 being a flavored coffee addict. You would have to have 18 oz of Almond Milk before you had as many carbs as are in the 1 oz. of Skim Milk that we are allowed. (Of course you would be adding calories and fat) but that is just crazy! I've really liked going between 1 and 2 so hopefully that is ok. Once in maintenance I hope to fall back on ph1 lunches occasionally too.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #29  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning! I didn't see the thread started for today so I hope you don't mind!

This morning was a good morning! I got on the scale and I'm only 0.3 lbs away from being back in the 180's!!! It's so close I can taste it (and it tastes much better than anything food wise!!!).

I also had a silly little NSV. Before I started OP I ranged between 203lbs and 205lbs, if I was having a 'fat day' I couldn't wear my wedding rings, and if I was having a 'skinny day' I could. I probably only got to wear them half of the time. However; since starting IP and getting my weight down for good I've worn them so much I have tan lines on my ring finger I missed that!!!

Busy day again for me, but I hope everyone has some great WIs today!!! Stay OP!!!
Nice, one. I was kind of in the same boat. I have always been able to wear my ring (very tightly) but was never able to take it off every day. Skinny days I could, fat days I could not. Everyday now I check to see if I can still take it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenasg1 View Post
GM...
Congrats!! everyone... I WI yesterday down -2 to my surprise,I weighed on my scale before leaving my house I was down absolutely nothing.

Also,had a Doctors appointment yesterday,all blood work was Excellent!! My beautiful Doc took me off of CRESTOR,so excited!!I'm down a total of 45 lbs...18 since I started IP!! YAH!! for me....

Have an AWESOME day everyone!!

I am now 142.2
Congrats on the weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Yvette: Great weight loss yesterday! I wasn't able to get back on last night with all my homework so I thought I'd tell you today.
Thank you very much, I wasn't expecting that amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

Glad to hear everone is doing great

Today marks my 12th week on the program and I was dreaming of hitting the big Minus 40, and guess what ? I did Today I weighed at exaclty 208.8 which makes it a loss of 41.2 pounds exactly! Oh my God! I feel over the moon, I can't wait to be under 200 and shout it over the roof that I am in onederland.

If you only see the smile on my face
Yay, I love losing more than expected.

Quote:
Wow that is awesome, good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning everyone, looks like we are having a good day already. Thanks for starting the thread Navymommy. I have a busy day today, lots of cooking going on, brisket, black eye peas, coleslaw, homemade rolls and rice dressing is what we are serving. WE, mom, my brother and I are having brisket, or coleslaw, cauliflower rice dressing.

Mom is already baking a cake and we are putting the brisket to cook in a little while on a slow cook all day. SO yea, we will be smelling food all day. Its ok though I can handle it

Everyone have a wonderful sunny day
Have fun making all that food, I love cooking with my family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldchocnsexy View Post
Good morning all!

Good day all!
Almost phase 2 nice, you'll get there before you know it. Have a good day!

Quote:
Hey Hey Everyone,

Yay you must feel great!!!! My husband told me this morning while we were laying in bed enjoying the few minutes of peace before getting up that I weigh less than him now. WOO HOO, it's been forever since I've weighed less than him, it's only 2lbs, but I'll take those 2 lbs.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Wow, such great weight loss already this morning!

Last night for dinner, wanted to spice things up a little and added some hot pepper rings to my sauteed mushrooms and zucchinis to put over my chicken. Well first its really good but next time i do this, i will only use a couple vs the 10 i took (i counted them in my veggies), as when they were cooking, i felt like i had pepper spray in my eyes and throat! Turned out really good though!

Scale still not budging...i don't know what i could be doing wrong that the scale barely ever moves, especially since so many of you are losing 4, 5, 6+lbs a week! Yeah yeah...i know....don't compare...
Closed Thread