Old 08-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Feeling really dejected

I have stuck to the program for the past two weeks. I had a nice 7.5 lb loss the first week and absolutely nothing at this second weigh-in. I'll admit that on two days I had egg whites, but I can't imagine that some egg whites would prevent me from losing even an ounce.

It is TOM for me and I had soy sauce at dinner last night, so I'm retaining fluid, but I feel so demoralized over this.

Can someone give me some words of wisdom? I'm invested in this and just bought a whole bunch of new product, so I'm not going off the program, but I'm just not feeling as positive as I was.

Last edited by rainbowmom; 08-16-2011 at 08:21 PM.
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #2  

I need some words of wisdom myself. It's so frustrating when you stay op and nothing happens. I stayed the same from Thurs to Mon when I finally went down a pound. This morning I was back up 1.4 so I'm higher than I was at weigh in last week. I know I need to go to the bathroom (it's been days) but it's still making me upset.

All we can do is keep on keeping on and the rest will fall into place. Good luck to you.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

I have been on this forum since April when i started IP, there have been many IP'ers that have had stalls at some point. I know it is really discouraging, but stick to it and you will see results, honestly. Everyone reacts differently to the program. If you keep on going OP, there will be a loss. It is really disappointing when you don't see a good loss everyweek...just know that everyone here is cheering you on!
Egg whites shouldn't be a problem, because you can have them as a snack on this diet. You are probably right about the soy sauce being the culprit for some water retention.

Itsabouttime...I feel for ya, sister...I've had a couple of major C issues in the time that I've been on this plan (I'm suprised that I didn't get a permanent ring around my butt from sitting on the can so much!!)...this too will pass...promise! At least you know that the weight gain is from the C issue, there is no way you could have actually gained a pound in weight otherwise.

Keeping drinking all that water!

Good luck to you
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
I have been on this forum since April when i started IP, there have been many IP'ers that have had stalls at some point. I know it is really discouraging, but stick to it and you will see results, honestly. Everyone reacts differently to the program. If you keep on going OP, there will be a loss. It is really disappointing when you don't see a good loss everyweek...just know that everyone here is cheering you on!
Egg whites shouldn't be a problem, because you can have them as a snack on this diet. You are probably right about the soy sauce being the culprit for some water retention.

Itsabouttime...I feel for ya, sister...I've had a couple of major C issues in the time that I've been on this plan (I'm suprised that I didn't get a permanent ring around my butt from sitting on the can so much!!)...this too will pass...promise! At least you know that the weight gain is from the C issue, there is no way you could have actually gained a pound in weight otherwise.

Keeping drinking all that water!

Good luck to you
What helps you when you can't go?
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

I am sorry it is going rough for both of you now. Most definitely stick it out.

RainbowMom, the second week is always a guess. Some people keep losing and slow down around week 4 or 5 others have a very poor loss or even a gain at week 2. It is OK. Your body is making an adjustment to a new way of fueling itself. It is going through shock at the rapid changes. Stay focused, don't slip, and you will see a great month.

Try to open your eyes during this process to the bigger picture. It is very easy when losing fast to forget we started with the goal of losing weight in a total number. When the fat comes of fast we want to keep seeing it drop away. When we put such restrictions on ourselves we feel we earned the result. Step back and look at what you are doing total, then see how you feel.

Rainbowmom, to lose 7.5 pounds in 2 weeks is still great! Most first month results are 12 to 20 pounds and you will be right in there too. I know it seems like the numbers you want to lose are big; they are in some ways BUT, stick with this and you will get the results faster than you think possible.

Your body will make several adjustments on this journey. It will lose weight while also improving health in ways you may not yet realize you need, and changing skin. You need to realize that some days you won't be able to measure the changes on the scale. Sometimes your old clothes and belt will be what tells you you've improved. I actually gained a pound and lost 4.5 inches one week. ?????? that never seemed right! You may have weeks of gains, losses, or flat numbers mixed with inches lost or not. If you only look at it in small increments and so close to home, you may forget how quickly you will be getting to your goal.

You are off to a great start and you will do well on this program!

It'sabouttime
, you have the right attitude. I know that doesn't make it easier. You still have a little time so, fingers crossed, you won't see that little gain on Thursday's weigh in. Sometimes you have to allow for the scale to record all kinds of weight gains (fluid, waste, blood volume, muscle, bone density changes, etc.) and just accept it as a tool of measurement. At least you have a good idea of why your numbers are NOT a true reflection of your body fat loss.

I really hope you resolve the BIG C issue. I know I suffered with it a lot during the process. It would improve then reverse but, it was pretty constant. I recently learned some people are sensitive to the cal/mag pills and might do better on a different product.

I am sure you are both prepared for it but, there are many regular adjustment windows. Some seem to fall in regular week patterns and others have to do with percent of body mass lost. In general, week 2, 4, 8, and 11 or 12 are all a little off for many people. Beyond that it varies.

OH, and, if you find your menstrual cycle starts to change around the second month or week 10... yeah, that happens for some people too.

You are each unique and how you approach this will be different as will be results. Know this, you will have results. Just "keep on keeping on" and you will in the end add your story and experiences to all those who made it thru before you.

Good luck this week!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 08-16-2011 at 08:49 PM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I have been discouraged on and off too. You can see by my losses they are not as good as others and I have not cheated once. I have not had any constipation, if I feel even a little bound I drink tea with senna.

The thing that no one has been able to explain is slow or no losses, the calorie count alone, you should lose every week. I have tracked mine and it usually between 850 -950 calories. So, that alone should make some one my size lose at least 2 -3/week or more.

Stay with the program, I am not quiting, but will switch to alternatives in a few weeks because of cost. I had planned to have lost between 20-25 lbs by now. It will just take me a little longer than planned, but I do need cheering on from time to time.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
What helps you when you can't go?
This might be a little TMI...but the first time I chugged 1 litre of very salty warm water...I think i read about it on the forum...for the first 40 minutes I was really PO'd, because nothing was happening and drinking the water had made me gag, so I thought 'what a complete waste of time, and now I am probably going to retain water because of all the extra salt'. Well, shortly after these thoughts had entered my mind, I needed to pee...let's just say, it was a good job that I got up from my desk, there and then...because otherwise, I probably wouldn't have made it to the bathroom in time...I was in there for about an hour. Decided I needed to go home for the afternoon...then spent the rest of the day in and out of the bathroom.
For obvious reasons, I didn't do that again! Now i just use magnesium citrate...I got some powdered stuff off my sister, as long as I follow up with lots of water (which is the key, no matter what you take for the big C) I'm usually good to go (literally) within a couple of hours.

Hope this helps
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post
I have stuck to the program for the past two weeks. I had a nice 7.5 lb loss the first week and absolutely nothing at this second weigh-in. I'll admit that on two days I had egg whites, but I can't imagine that some egg whites would prevent me from losing even an ounce.

It is TOM for me and I had soy sauce at dinner last night, so I'm retaining fluid, but I feel so demoralized over this.

Can someone give me some words of wisdom? I'm invested in this and just bought a whole bunch of new product, so I'm not going off the program, but I'm just not feeling as positive as I was.
DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED! Did they measure you at number 2 WI? Because you probably loss inches. I was on my period last weigh in and I gained .8, but loss 2inches in my waist!!! This week period is gone and I lost 4.2. but no inches off waist. your body will take it's time adjusting to the changes and balancing out. It will all work out in the end. promise!

Last edited by leganegan; 08-16-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: addition
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
This might be a little TMI...but the first time I chugged 1 litre of very salty warm water...I think i read about it on the forum...for the first 40 minutes I was really PO'd, because nothing was happening and drinking the water had made me gag, so I thought 'what a complete waste of time, and now I am probably going to retain water because of all the extra salt'. Well, shortly after these thoughts had entered my mind, I needed to pee...let's just say, it was a good job that I got up from my desk, there and then...because otherwise, I probably wouldn't have made it to the bathroom in time...I was in there for about an hour. Decided I needed to go home for the afternoon...then spent the rest of the day in and out of the bathroom.
For obvious reasons, I didn't do that again! Now i just use magnesium citrate...I got some powdered stuff off my sister, as long as I follow up with lots of water (which is the key, no matter what you take for the big C) I'm usually good to go (literally) within a couple of hours.

Hope this helps
Brummie, I posted the salt flush so... as I read your description I was really laughing. I can so relate. The flush definitely works. You probably need less salt. If I remember correctly I posted for people to adjust the salt content to their needs some people need less (it will be gentler that way) or more (very stubborn). This is an old remedy and it does work (kind of like when you swallow too much salt water at the beach).

You don't really ever retain water afterward, despite the salt, because it moves through your system so rapidly.

Sorry it gave you such a rough time. I do remember how that can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED! Did they measure you at number 2 WI? Because you probably loss inches. I was on my period last weigh in and I gained .8, but loss 2inches in my waist!!! This week period is gone and I lost 4.2. but no inches off waist. your body will take it's time adjusting to the changes and balancing out. It will all work out in the end. promise!
I was like you! I actually gained about 4 to 6 pounds of water weight during the 3 days before and first 2 days of and, by then end and time for my weigh in I would have lost all but about a pound. I hated weeks where my weigh in matched to my first few days. BAD NUMBERS every time then! I did have got inches lost though nearly every time.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

For the C problem, calcium causes it, magnesium helps with it. I take an extra magnesium tablet each day along with the IP cal/mag ones.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

itsaimebouttime,
"I know I need to go to the bathroom (it's been days) but it's still making me upset" .
What do you mean. I am really worried for you girl. Pl drink 10 glasses of water a day preferably lemon water.
I think both of you have to drink tons of water and flush all toxins out of your body.
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

I haven't lost inches either. Things are fitting better, but nothing is budging.

I did lose 10 lbs on my own in the weeks leading up to starting IP, so I know the loss was bound to slow down. This isn't my first rodeo, so to speak, regarding diet.

I'm sticking it out. I've spent hundreds of dollars on products -- it would be foolish to stop now, right?
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
I haven't lost inches either. Things are fitting better, but nothing is budging.

I did lose 10 lbs on my own in the weeks leading up to starting IP, so I know the loss was bound to slow down. This isn't my first rodeo, so to speak, regarding diet.

I'm sticking it out. I've spent hundreds of dollars on products -- it would be foolish to stop now, right?
You have lost a lot of weight in the past few weeks. Your body is adjusting to this. If you allow it to go through this adjustment stage the weight is much more likely to stay off long term.

Last edited by patns; 08-16-2011 at 09:42 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

I have not lost very many inches either. I wish more slow/hard losers would post, so I know I am not alone. I think being Post-meno and hypothyroid contributes to the issue also.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:29 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Holy Crap.

That is what I am apparently full of :/ I haven't been regular in days, look like I stuffed a 12 pound bowling ball under my shirt, am up anywhere from 4-7 pounds, and feel, well, like crap.

I have been taking psyllium husk with acidopholous, drinking tons of water/fluids, lots of warm tea, regular exercise, veggies, extra salads/lettuce. Now, I have taken 2 doses of Phillips Milk of Magnesia and still not getting the results I need/want. There is some relief, but not enough.

I realized the Phillips is cherry and could have carbs, but I don't even care if takes me out of ketosis. I would possibly cut off my big toe to feel better.

Not to mention the emotional fall out of no loss / possible permanent gain.

All that to say, Makes it hard, I know.
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote