Old 08-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #16  

Rainbowmom - HUGS! Stick with it!!! Week 2 is always a hard week if you've had a big loss week 1....week 3 will be better....your body is shocked and needs some time to adjust...hang in there, remember to drink TONS of water and eat your salad! You'll do just fine!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:56 PM   #17  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I have not lost very many inches either. I wish more slow/hard losers would post, so I know I am not alone. I think being Post-meno and hypothyroid contributes to the issue also.
Hey Bella - I am able to see that I am losing less weight than you but am roughly losing in the same pattern as you. I being a slow loser as well really appreciate that you update your tracker as now I know heading into week 4 WI I may either not lose at all or may even go up as you did. We slow losers can do it!!!! As much as it sucks, we are going to get there.
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:27 AM   #18  

Hi Bellamark,
I started before you and my weekly losses were similar to what you are experiencing - some a little less! I am at about 25 lbs lost coming into wi9 or it may be wi10. I try not to get bogged down by a number and can you believe my coach has never taken measurements either -lol! I don't mind as I have done a ketosis diet plan before and know it works for me, not quickly, but it works. It is embarrassing to only lose one pound, but I know I am getting smaller as clothes that didn't fit me the week before do even with a low number loss( Nb: The other plan chose the weight goal I needed to meet,
which was not realistic, so I never made it to maintenance, that is why I am
doing ip. )
On another note, my coach always makes me take a quiz about the diet each
visit(which is funny because one day her 'sub' facilitated my visit and noted
none of the other clients had to do this quiz!) anyways the answer to one
question was that women should expect to lose 10-12 lbs/month on ip,
(or it may have been 12-14lbs) something which is much lower than what men can expect.
This long-winded response to you Bellamark is that I think you are doing awesome and I hope you continue on your journey to your goal

Last edited by catcrazyquilter; 08-17-2011 at 12:31 AM.
catcrazyquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:37 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Thanks, everyone. I'm so glad I found this site.
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:14 AM   #20  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Hmm..Coliep.. i told ya.. the saltwater flush does wonders..try it! just chug er down!

I understand the dejected feeling..im trying to los my stupid 20th pound and it just wont budge..and im like arghhh! but true that.. i have all this stuff..why whaste it!!! keep telling yourself that so you dont give up..just push on through..we can do this!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:33 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneri View Post
itsaimebouttime,
"I know I need to go to the bathroom (it's been days) but it's still making me upset" .
What do you mean. I am really worried for you girl. Pl drink 10 glasses of water a day preferably lemon water.
I think both of you have to drink tons of water and flush all toxins out of your body.
I drink at least 120oz of water a day. I pee plenty.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

How much water for how much salt for severe C, i've been trying all kinds of things and nothing works and i feel bloated and heavy and the scale keeps going up
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
How much water for how much salt for severe C, i've been trying all kinds of things and nothing works and i feel bloated and heavy and the scale keeps going up
I'm with ya! I want to try this also but I have to take my dog out of town for a hair cut tonight and don't want to be on the road if I have to go. How much time did it take to get rid of everything? If I do it when I get home will I be up all night?
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

I remember reading somewhere that the saltwater flush is not advisable if you are constipated . . . that the C issue needs to be resolved first.
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I'm with ya! I want to try this also but I have to take my dog out of town for a hair cut tonight and don't want to be on the road if I have to go. How much time did it take to get rid of everything? If I do it when I get home will I be up all night?
i used a 1 litre bottle of water and about a tablespoon of salt...which may have been too much...you really have to chug it back. I followed it with as much reg water as I could manage. IMHO it would be a really bad idea to do it before you take your dog and yes, if you have the same results as me, it will take 3 - 4 hours to clean you out.
I know you are drinking lots of water already, but it really is the key to loosening you up.
I really feel for you guys....it was making me pretty nauseaus at times.
Good luck
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
I remember reading somewhere that the saltwater flush is not advisable if you are constipated . . . that the C issue needs to be resolved first.
I tried it once and it worked (but I'm not doing it again! ever!). Perhaps it isn't advisable, but I got to the point where I was pretty desperate and ready to try anything. I use mag citrate now and it works just fine.
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
Hey Bella - I am able to see that I am losing less weight than you but am roughly losing in the same pattern as you. I being a slow loser as well really appreciate that you update your tracker as now I know heading into week 4 WI I may either not lose at all or may even go up as you did. We slow losers can do it!!!! As much as it sucks, we are going to get there.
Thanks, we will keep track of each other and CATCRAZYQUILTER, because it is hard to lose slower than others, esp. several of them cheat! I know I will get there. Do either of you use alternatives? I will be switching next month sometime, as the cost is killing the budget. I like the IP products and my coach, but since I am going to have to go a longer time than I thought, I will need to substitute. PLus I am worried that the closer I get to goal, it may slow down even more. EEKS! Let's keep up with each other, have a wonderful day
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:42 AM   #28  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Thanks, we will keep track of each other and CATCRAZYQUILTER, because it is hard to lose slower than others, esp. several of them cheat! I know I will get there. Do either of you use alternatives? I will be switching next month sometime, as the cost is killing the budget. I like the IP products and my coach, but since I am going to have to go a longer time than I thought, I will need to substitute. PLus I am worried that the closer I get to goal, it may slow down even more. EEKS! Let's keep up with each other, have a wonderful day
I currently am not using alternatives, however if I don't reach goal by January then I am going to have to take that route. My husband being self employed his work usually slows down for him big time from Jan - Mar so I won't be able to afford it during that time. Hopefully I'll be close enough to my goal that I'll be in the next phase.
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote