3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Weekend Chat - Fri, 7/22 - Sun, 7/24

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2011, 08:24 AM   #1
Started IP 2/25/2011...
 
Pxlkitty4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 38°53N 77°07W
Posts: 1,289

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default IP Weekend Chat - Fri, 7/22 - Sun, 7/24

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- Introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!




Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program
whoosh fairy = big loss one day after not having lost for a while

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.


Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page



3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.



Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website


PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
__________________
See mini goal album for weekly weight losses.




Mini-goals:
180s 4/4 ~ 170s 5/2 ~ 160s 5/30 ~ 150s 7/11 ~ 140s 8/15 ~ Goal 9/16 ~
Maintenance! 10/6

Pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-pictures.html

If I do what I have always done, I will look like I have always looked and weigh what I have always weighed...
This diet/protocol/way of life that we call IP is a way out... if you let it be.
Pxlkitty4 is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
lboogs311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 115

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Default

Good morning and happy FRIDAY!!!! Hooty hoo!!! haha.
Well, I weigh myself daily and am fine with it, I have never obsessed, and I am watching the scale go down!!! I can almost taste onederland!!! Couple more weeks I suppose, but I am hoping to be 210 by Monday's weigh in.

I am so interested in the whole WF debate from yesterday. I don't use their stuff often, but occasionally the choc syrup with my evening choc shake. It seems weird b/c their products have nothing in them!? Yet Ken's Light options (2 TBLS) of the dressing with less than 2g carbs is acceptable (so says my clinic). So, I look forward to hearing what people think and also hearing about todays SC and NSV!!!!
Happy Friday Friends!
__________________
May-Sept 2011 lost 40+ lbs💙Had a baby May 2014*
Start date 9/23/14
lboogs311 is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
murleya1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 119

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Friday is finally here! I went to a Lia Sophia gala event last night and they were serving cupcakes and alcohol. They also had candy at each table. Yet I managed to stay strong and not have any of it. This morning I was so happy cause my scale says I am down from yesterday. Can it get any better? Best of luck to everyone this weekend. May the scale treat you kindly.
__________________


Round 1 June 2011 - Dec 2011
Initial WI 243.6 pounds to Final WI of 198.6

Round 2 April 19, 2012 Starting at 206.6
WI 1- 5.6____WI 7 - ______WI 13 - ______
WI 2 -2.4____WI 8 - ______WI 14 - ______
WI 3 -0.8____WI 9 - ______WI 15 - ______
WI 4 -1.4____ WI 10 - _____WI 16 - ______
WI 5 - ______WI 11 - _____WI 17 - ______
WI 6 - ______WI 12 - _____WI 18 - ______
murleya1 is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
sandyh50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 589

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murleya1 View Post
Friday is finally here! I went to a Lia Sophia gala event last night and they were serving cupcakes and alcohol. They also had candy at each table. Yet I managed to stay strong and not have any of it. This morning I was so happy cause my scale says I am down from yesterday. Can it get any better? Best of luck to everyone this weekend. May the scale treat you kindly.
Isn't it nice when the scale rewards our good behavior from the night before? You go girl! Great job on saying no!
sandyh50 is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 08:53 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
sandyh50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 589

Default

Interesting discussion on the WF products. I use them daily, but sparingly. On my IP pudding cakes I use a tsp on the baked cakes, so yummy. I used the Asian dressing on my ground turkey and cabbage for a yummy Chinese type dish. I like the Sesame Ginger on my romaine and leaf lettuce, but again I don't go overboard or even use all 2 TBSP that they say you can use. My IP clinic has a big sign up about buying Walden Farms products at the health food store. The store owner is so kind in making sure they have them in stock, and was even going to look into getting individual packets so we can take them with us on the road. She says they might be pricey since she has to buy them by the box.
sandyh50 is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 08:54 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
JoseyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 233

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Default

OK, my day is is here....WI #1 @ 10:30......put exact same clothes on today that I had on the day I started (silly right?). anywhooooo. interested to see what happens. Also going to ask about WF products and splenda, those seem to be the biggest discrepencies from our posts..... Now have to decide which 3 boxes I have to buy will miss my variety. Had IP Wildberry yogurt today, it was yummy....... da da dahhhhhhhhhh.......the big moment looms, hope I am not building it up too much, but read to change my weight on my profile like the rest of you peeps.....not weighing myself at home.
JoseyM is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
ItsAboutTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,530

Height: 5'4"

Default

Good morning. I will have to go back and read the last couple pages of yesterday's post because I was gone all night.

Having a bittersweet day. I just bought some capris in May with some bday money I had been saving. I didn't want to get them in April cause I KNEW I'd lose weight. Well, I didn't lose a thing in a month so I bite the bullet and just bought them. They are super cute and were buy one get one half off so I got a couple of great pairs of capris for $60. They were a little snug but I wasn't going up a size (stubborn) and I figured about 10 pounds and they'd fit nice. Well, I wore a pair a couple days ago and they fit sooooo much better. I even had to keep pulling them up. Today I'm wearing the other, this one fit better off the bat than the others (different brand) and I'm walking out of them. Let me tell you how dang comfy they are! I feel like I'm not wearing pants! I'll pull them up over and over for awhile because they are cute and new. Kinda makes me sad since I do love them but then I think about how cute the smaller ones would look if I like these.
ItsAboutTime is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 108

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Default

I have lost about 25 lbs so far on this diet but I still don't feel good on it. I have diarrhea almost every day. And I have been sick (congestion/coughing) since week 2. Now maybe this is all coincidence but I just feel like since starting I haven't felt like myself??? I recently had bloodwork at the drs and she was concerned about my liver function. She said it looked like I had fatty liver disease and wanted to recheck it in a couple months. Can this diet alter your immunity? I feel like I get sick then get over it and within a couple days, I'm sick again.
__________________
wheekers is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
ItsAboutTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,530

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
OK, my day is is here....WI #1 @ 10:30......put exact same clothes on today that I had on the day I started (silly right?). anywhooooo. interested to see what happens. Also going to ask about WF products and splenda, those seem to be the biggest discrepencies from our posts..... Now have to decide which 3 boxes I have to buy will miss my variety. Had IP Wildberry yogurt today, it was yummy....... da da dahhhhhhhhhh.......the big moment looms, hope I am not building it up too much, but read to change my weight on my profile like the rest of you peeps.....not weighing myself at home.
Good luck!
ItsAboutTime is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
JoseyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 233

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Good morning. I will have to go back and read the last couple pages of yesterday's post because I was gone all night.

Having a bittersweet day. I just bought some capris in May with some bday money I had been saving. I didn't want to get them in April cause I KNEW I'd lose weight. Well, I didn't lose a thing in a month so I bite the bullet and just bought them. They are super cute and were buy one get one half off so I got a couple of great pairs of capris for $60. They were a little snug but I wasn't going up a size (stubborn) and I figured about 10 pounds and they'd fit nice. Well, I wore a pair a couple days ago and they fit sooooo much better. I even had to keep pulling them up. Today I'm wearing the other, this one fit better off the bat than the others (different brand) and I'm walking out of them. Let me tell you how dang comfy they are! I feel like I'm not wearing pants! I'll pull them up over and over for awhile because they are cute and new. Kinda makes me sad since I do love them but then I think about how cute the smaller ones would look if I like these.
Ummmm take that BITTER off your post, make it SWEET I know it stinks shrinking out of something new, but how many days did you try to lose weight to fit INTO something?????? CONGRATS lady!!!! obviously, on this program, you need to try things on weekly, or you could pass them buy. I myself have a CUTE pair of jean capris with a handkerchief belt I bought at Sams Club, got home, yeah, didn't fit, wouldn't go over my hips!!!!!!!!!!! they are hanging on my wardrobe and I am going to try them on every week after weigh in
JoseyM is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 09:19 AM   #11
Jocey
 
Jazzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Manitoba Canada
Posts: 53

S/C/G: (191)...171/151.5/145

Height: 5"4"

Smile Friday

Good morning everyone. I am finishing my 8th week on program and seem to lose only a half a pound a week for the last month. I have been very good following everything except on occasion not enough water. I definitely see loss in inches and my clothes but not in the scales. I intend to keep going though I still am getting pressure at work to eat the sweet treats they bring in almost everyday. Want to see this through all the phases to see how I will eat at the end of the program. Today I am shopping again for smaller jeans so that will be fun. Have a fabulous weekend!!
__________________



one for every 5 pounds lost this time round.



«Faith is Power. Knowledge is Potential» — Mike Potter
Jazzie is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 09:30 AM   #12
Member
 
Tonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 59

S/C/G: H:213; WB: 188.5/180/145

Height: 5'7"

Default

Good Morning everyone. Can anyone answer a question about omelet prep? Has anyone cooked the omelet in the microwave? I brought the Herb Omelet to work today not realizing that the instructions say cook on stovetop.
Tonz is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 09:38 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
ItsAboutTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,530

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzie View Post
Good morning everyone. I am finishing my 8th week on program and seem to lose only a half a pound a week for the last month. I have been very good following everything except on occasion not enough water. I definitely see loss in inches and my clothes but not in the scales. I intend to keep going though I still am getting pressure at work to eat the sweet treats they bring in almost everyday. Want to see this through all the phases to see how I will eat at the end of the program. Today I am shopping again for smaller jeans so that will be fun. Have a fabulous weekend!!
Hang in there. As long as the inches are going.....be happy! Try upping the water. Maybe you are holding onto some sodium? Have fun jean shopping!
ItsAboutTime is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
niknakjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Massachusettes, The Beautiful Berkshires
Posts: 151

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Default

Good Friday Morning Ip ers, Iv'e been reading a lot about clinics that only sell products by the box. My clinic has a box of everything open so you can get quite the variety, 1 of everything if you wish. For example, 7 different restricted for the week give you a great variety, then you are also able to try things w/o having to buy an entire box and not like it. They also let us return unopened packets if you bought a few of something had 1 and disliked it.

I suggest recommending this to your clinics so that people can have a variety of products to try and eat each week. Only 3 products a week would get very boring after a while since we are so restricted to what we can eat. They sell each packet for $4 then just add up all you individual packets for the grand total.
niknakjack is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
murleya1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 119

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

My work slacks are getting baggy and sloppy looking. I dug into the back of the closet and pulled out 2 suits that I bought in may of 2006 that were just a little small then. I bought them and said that I'd take the tags off when they fit. Well Last night I took the tags off. They fit perfectly. New work clothes!
__________________


Round 1 June 2011 - Dec 2011
Initial WI 243.6 pounds to Final WI of 198.6

Round 2 April 19, 2012 Starting at 206.6
WI 1- 5.6____WI 7 - ______WI 13 - ______
WI 2 -2.4____WI 8 - ______WI 14 - ______
WI 3 -0.8____WI 9 - ______WI 15 - ______
WI 4 -1.4____ WI 10 - _____WI 16 - ______
WI 5 - ______WI 11 - _____WI 17 - ______
WI 6 - ______WI 12 - _____WI 18 - ______
murleya1 is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat- Thursday, July 21 M0vingon Ideal Protein Diet 101 07-22-2011 08:44 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2