Old 07-15-2011, 09:23 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybird68 View Post
Ok, not feeling so hot, day 4 Friday am. I am weak, nauseous and have a headache. Can't wait for 5:00 to roll around so I can go home and sleep. I wonder if the artificial sweetener in the ip packs are causing the migraines? I heard that can triggger it. Or maybe it is the lower amount if calories?
It's really common to get headaches in week 1. It's a detox phase. Having lots of water and making sure to get your sea salt in helps. Some will put the salt in the water and chug it and swear by it! I- fortunately- have not had to try it.

So- it's Friday and technically a day off for me, though I am going to the office anyway. The scale is starting to move again and I had one of those morning weighs that I had to double- then triple check. I am now the lowest weight I can recall being in 4 years. I wanted to get to 190 by the last weekend of the month and now I think I may be able to manage it- depending on when the PMS hits I seriously feel like I'm riding a rollercoaster of hormones!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by M0vingon; 07-15-2011 at 09:28 AM.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

WOW..."It'sabouttime" That is just unreal. Good for you for sticking up for yourself!!! You are definitely in the zone with your mindset etc. There are always going to be naysayers, but like others have pointed out, they are jealous. I had some friends express concern to me as well, I kind of laugh to myself about, because I just want to be like, oh thanks for the advice from a true vision of health haha. Sorry, but when you are in superior health and don't eat crap and drink and whatnot, then maybe I would consider what you have to say. It's annoying, but I channel it as even more motivation to prove them all wrong!!! This isn't some "diet", for me I am changing my life, I plan to continue a healthy lifestyle for ever. I loved how my coach says we are eating "clean". It makes me feel so good.

Anywho, leaving tonight for our roadtrip to the NYC!!! Last night I packed all my vitamins, WF packets and planned what packets to have when. I plan to eat before the reception, it's passed foods and open bar! bummah haha, but I plan on staying OP. The third week on program I had 2 low card alcoholic drinks and had a no gain/no loss week-not worth it. I also plan to get lots of central park walking in!!! So excited!

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP weekend and i'll be checking in Sunday!!!!
lboogs311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Talking

Good Morning!!!! Had a FANTASTIC WI Weds night!!!! 6.6 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited!

I got to take the day off from work yesterday and took my little boy to the zoo for the first time yesterday! He LOVED it!!! We had such a wonderful day and the weather in Maryland was absolutely gorgeous for most of the day!!!

And on top of that, I only spent $ on getting in (just for me, since my son is under 2) and some souveniers!!! I brought my own food so I could be OP and it was just wonderful!

Ready for another great weekend! Of course, it is my nephews Birthday party, and its a pool party - and I'm actually not dreading getting into the pool!!!!

Hope everyone has a super day!
Joyflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #19  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogs311 View Post
WOW..."It'sabouttime" That is just unreal. Good for you for sticking up for yourself!!! You are definitely in the zone with your mindset etc. There are always going to be naysayers, but like others have pointed out, they are jealous. I had some friends express concern to me as well, I kind of laugh to myself about, because I just want to be like, oh thanks for the advice from a true vision of health haha. Sorry, but when you are in superior health and don't eat crap and drink and whatnot, then maybe I would consider what you have to say. It's annoying, but I channel it as even more motivation to prove them all wrong!!! This isn't some "diet", for me I am changing my life, I plan to continue a healthy lifestyle for ever. I loved how my coach says we are eating "clean". It makes me feel so good.

Anywho, leaving tonight for our roadtrip to the NYC!!! Last night I packed all my vitamins, WF packets and planned what packets to have when. I plan to eat before the reception, it's passed foods and open bar! bummah haha, but I plan on staying OP. The third week on program I had 2 low card alcoholic drinks and had a no gain/no loss week-not worth it. I also plan to get lots of central park walking in!!! So excited!

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP weekend and i'll be checking in Sunday!!!!
I know! I told my husband it's nuts that THEY think they can tell me how to live healthy. Not to mention not everyone loses hair and if I do that's still better than high blood pressure, high cholest, among many other more serious problems.

Have fun on your trip! Sounds like you are well prepared.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
ND, let me know if you find the perfect daily amount of carbs/sugar/fat/protein we're supposed to be having on each phase. I use myfitnesspal.com and would like to set my own limits.

BTW: I'm heading to ND on the 27th for some time with my sons. Sure hope it will be warm and DRY in Bis.
Mary
I hope you have a great time in Bismark. Forcast is hot hot hot. But..... With all the flooding, I imagine there will still be much water still around to make it humid. I live in Northeast Montana- very close to ND border. Have fun! You sure are looking awesome.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyflower View Post
Good Morning!!!! Had a FANTASTIC WI Weds night!!!! 6.6 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited!

I got to take the day off from work yesterday and took my little boy to the zoo for the first time yesterday! He LOVED it!!! We had such a wonderful day and the weather in Maryland was absolutely gorgeous for most of the day!!!

And on top of that, I only spent $ on getting in (just for me, since my son is under 2) and some souveniers!!! I brought my own food so I could be OP and it was just wonderful!

Ready for another great weekend! Of course, it is my nephews Birthday party, and its a pool party - and I'm actually not dreading getting into the pool!!!!

Hope everyone has a super day!
NIce work on the 6.6! I long for a week like that! Sounds like you had a wonderful day off. I love mid week adventures.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #22  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
ND, let me know if you find the perfect daily amount of carbs/sugar/fat/protein we're supposed to be having on each phase. I use myfitnesspal.com and would like to set my own limits.

BTW: I'm heading to ND on the 27th for some time with my sons. Sure hope it will be warm and DRY in Bis.
Mary
I as well started reading the book yesterday, online at work... bad me. but I am continuing and if I find something I will let you know. The one thing I did read last night is that everyone will be different on the exact amount they need of everything... I will continue on..
Your leaving on my birthday that is great I hope you have a nice visit with all your family. They will be so proud of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I know! I typed a novel last night and was super frustrated with people and when I hit post it brought me to the maintanence screen!

Keep in mind only about 6 people know I'm doing this. 2 who have completed the program, 2 doing it now, 1 who is thinking about starting the 25th and my hubby.

My husband stopped at my his mom's yesterdy and text me at work to join them when I got off. I went over there and they were already talking about dinner. My monster in law suggested pizza. My 8 year old explained I can't have pizza on my diet. She says, "Oh, she's avoiding pizza huh?" I said go ahead I'll find something at home. Nobody said anything for about an huor so I said, "I'm going to go home and make dinner." Then the MIL says she thinks we should all go to the local sports bar. Fried food heaven is all that is. My husband said, "I don't think she'll find anything there she can have." She says, "They have a chef salad." He goes on to explain what I'm doing and calls it by it's nickname (there are a ton of people in my town who have done it and lost a lot of weight so there is a running nickname here and in the surrounding towns). So she starts yelling at me how she know ALL about THIS diet and how I will lose all my hair and I will age 10 years in mere months and on and on. I told her I've done my research and then pulled the , "my body my business" card from this board!

This woman smokes 3 packs a day and is in the bar EVERY SINGLE night. The bar being where she got her info. From those who failed at the diet because they have no will power. The bar being why I didn't want her to know. My sister and sister in law sit there every day too and I didn't want to be the topic of gossip at our small town bar. UGH! So my husband goes on to explain how I'm doing it a little differently than the others but it's the same priciple.

We go to eat and it was like pulling teeth to get something I can have. The waiter says, "we don't have side salads" when I ordered a plain lettuce salad. I said, "You have chef salads.....bring me one with nothing but lettuce." THen I got a grilled chicken sand with nothing but the chicken and put that on my lettuce with my WF dressing out of my purse. When the waiter asked what kind of dressing and I said none thanks he said, "You're weird."

So, I got home and called my mom and told her all about it. I hadn't yet because it just wasn't necessary. I thought I better before my sister hears it at the bar and tells my mom everything negative she can. SHe was super supportive and said, "you don't tell them what they can put in their bodies so don't listen to them when they try and tell you what you have to put in yours." She was concerned about if I was taking vitamins and was crazy happy for me when I told her I've lost nearly 12 pounds in 3 weeks.

My husband says it's all jealousy. They have no willpower. They are alcoholics. They are all over weight. He says, "your mom is right, you don't tell them what to put into their bodies so they can't tell you what you can take off of yours." That's why I love him.

So, long story short, ok, not so short.....I have more reason than ever to finish this and look damn good when I'm done because they will all be talking about me at the bar and hoping I will fail.

Oh, and funny story.....my sil who ate a bunch of fried food and went home and had ice cream couldn't sleep last night. Wonder why?!

Thanks for reading this if you got through it all. I knew you would be the only ones to understand!
That is such a great story, you and your husband are doing great, it helps to have someone as supportive as him, and everything he and your mom said is true... I am from a small town and couldn't imagine what would happen if I still lived there and was doing this... they like to gossip about everything. I am thankful now that my sister and brother have both seen me and they are both proud of me which boosts my confidences. This is such a learning experience and something we all should do.

Quote:
Ok, not feeling so hot, day 4 Friday am. I am weak, nauseous and have a headache. Can't wait for 5:00 to roll around so I can go home and sleep. I wonder if the artificial sweetener in the ip packs are causing the migraines? I heard that can triggger it. Or maybe it is the lower amount if calories?
before it goes to a true migraine try having some sea salt and water. I mix it together and drink it down, for headaches it goes away in about 10 minutes, migraines if it is a mild one it will go away but a worse migraine it probably won't help. I am thinking it is probably a sugar withdrawl though.

Everyone Have a GREAT weekend, stay positive and OP. You need help? come read along ask for help, we all like to help. I am glad I found this program and am just fully begining to understand a lot of aspects of it. Enjoy all!

Joanne
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #23  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Salt, salt, salt! It really does help... I sprinkle it on my hand, lick it off, and then drink water.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

OK, Week #2 only 1.6 lbs. and I didn't cheat once and listen to what I had to be around last night. Homemade Gyro's, Pasta Salad and then grilled strawberry/blueberry shortcake and whip cream and everyone trying to get me to eat it. ugggggggggg. I had salad with tons of veggies and grilled chicken. I would like to say it made me feel good to stay on program, but it didn't with only a 1.6 loss. I was under the impression that this program you would lose 3-6 lbs/week. boo hoo. staying on course, just not quite as enthusiastic as when I started 2 weeks ago. tee hee
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

oh and for the person with the headache, I even took my prescription migraine medicine my first 3 days and it didn't help, but after day 4 my headache went away. my coach gave the same advice as the above posts, lots of H2O and salt. I hope you are feeling better as I type
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #26  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

WI#8.......down 3lbs....officially in "onederland"!!!!
I have not been below 200 since I was 15yrs old. I LOVE IP!!

The link for the book is on the first post of this thread, I can not say enough that everyone needs to read it.

Bismarck has TONS of water and it isn't going down very fast so you will see the river at a high level but everyone seems to be holding it back. They are way better off than Minot....breaks my heart for all those people including numerous family members that have lost everything. Any prayers from all of you are much needed and helps in more ways than you will ever know.
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 211.4/204.4/140

Yay! We made it to Friday! All is well and still on track. I'm excited to go IP shopping after work. Gonna try some new items and finally have pudding again! Woohoo! Hope everyone has a fantatic Friday and amazing weekend!
Wrecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #28  
OP 6/5/11

S/C/G: 252/197/195

Height: 6'3"

Good morning all,

It sounds like everyone is doing relatively well - with the exception of some nausea, migraines, and crazy in-law's. Like the old saying goes, "other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

I'm convinced if I stay OP and drink enough water things will be fine. There always seem to be some days that are stranger than others in terms of how I feel, but over all - it is way, way better than feeling stuffed, bloated, and not able to move all that well.

I was down 3.4 lbs on my WI and that is good news - even better my visceral fat dropped another point - whoo hoo!

I'm preparing to do a two week trip with 10 days in Israel - I'm packing a whole bunch of IP shake powder and bars and hoping for the best! It should be interesting at the least. I'll actually feel pretty good if I can stay close to plan and not gain any weight. That is assuming all my food makes it through customs.

Any way, I'll hopefully be checking in from time to time if my ipad works ok and will provide a summary of my traveling experiences with IP in lands far away.

Have a great weekend and stay strong.

Last edited by kellyg53; 07-15-2011 at 11:10 AM.
kellyg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #29  

I have just been taking a multi vitamin and my mom is concerned I need more. What should I take? 1 friend says add calcium and potassium and 1 says add calcium and magnesium.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 149.5/145.4/138

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Make sure you are getting your salt in and drinking all the water. As to going to bed, that is EXACTLY what I did the first week! When I was tired, grumpy hungry, not feeling well, I went to to bed. Kept me out of the fridge! Good luck, hang in there, it does get better, and pretty quickly.
kimvw is offline   Reply With Quote