Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #1  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Friday May 13, Daily Chat

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: Thursday May 12, daily chat
Old 05-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #2  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Happy Friday the 13th everyone. I thought I'd be brave and start the thread this morning. My son bruised his knee at daycare two days ago. He woke up with a cough (I think it's allergies) and he's still llimping, so I decided to keep him home today. I wonder how much work I'll get done??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
I just received my first order of ProtiDiet products - thought I'd swap out a few things to save a few buck s- and I have to say I'm really disappointed. Almost everything I bought contains either corn syrup, sugar or glucose. The canadian website I bought them from didn't include the ingredients list so I was comparing based on carbs alone...be warned.
I noticed this too. Nashua nutrition lists ingredients. I have also seen MSG in some products, and aspartame. I'm not willing to buy alternatives until I find something that is closer to IP without all the extra junk. Why do more ingredients cost less??? I don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
This seems to vary greatly for everyone. Me personally, I can have a restricted daily and still lose, some need a break from them for the scale to go down. Only thing you can do is try it out for yourself to see what (if any) effect it has on you, keeping in mind that it won't be a perfect "science" as there are so many other factors as to why your weight loss may be slow or fast one week to the next.
I am so thrilled that I am still losing when I eat restricted... It really opens up the crunchy snacks. I was getting sick of pudding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
I have tried to avoid going anywhere that food is involved---restaurants, parties, the movies, etc. Essentially, I have been a shut in for the last 2 months. LOL Anyway, I am going to a movie tonight..... no movie food, though. It's my FAVORITE PART!!! WAHHHHHHHHHH! So I will take my soy puffs or a bar and pretend like it suffices (that stuff compared to movie food? OMG PATHETIC!!!!!), but secretly I will be mourning the loss of my movie snack faves. I know, I should be happy that I am taking care of myself, and that I am losing weight, and that I am being healthy and blah blah blah. All of that makes sense to the adult "me". But the impulsive, greedy, immature part of me realllllllly hates that there will be movie attendance without movie junk. Boo!
How was the movie? Did you take an IP-type treat?

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 05-13-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

today will be wi 5 for me. i am so excited!!! i think i have done pretty good this week as far as weight goes. i can feel myself getting smaller, and boy is that a great feeling. i hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #4  

HOpe everyone has an amazing weekend, I have a fun family packed event weekend but will stay on target as I enjoy watching the scale go down and not up!!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post

I took a bar. I ate it. It was ok. The theater we went to had some very yummy looking and relatively fancy fare but I won't get into details....the movie was so good. It was a selected screening of "Wretches and Jabberers"--a documentary about two non-autistic guys traveling the world telling people that folks with autism are not as different from neurotypicals as you might think. They want love and belonging like anyone else and some of the thoughts/feelings/experiences of their world that they shared brought me to tears. My oldest child has autism---he is not as severely affected as these 2 guys, but it was very moving. It was easier to stay away from the buttered yellow fluffy stuff as this theater does not have the "do your own butter" like another chain does (and I LOVE to go to that chain and have my snack begging for a life preserver!!!). Ok....anyway it is done and over with and I survived. Thanks for asking!

My daughter gave me her cold and I feel like dirt, but I came to work anyway. I sound like a 70 year old 2-pack a day truck stop waitress (think Kathleen Turner with a chest cold), but I will get by. Retaining water so no loss today, but I am not going to stress. I have been totally OP all week--results will come eventually.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Friday the 13th everyone! Let's hope it will be a lucky day (in terms of weight loss and staying OP) for everyone!

My weight seems to be up again... I guess my "break" on the weekend combined with the increased exercise is not suiting me so well. I haven't cut the restricteds yet but today, I am going to do just that... for a little while (also, no more Crystal Light with Splenda, Nestea with Splenda or Spry gum for me for a while). Something's gotta give and soon! I am afraid because the 150's are starting to bring back memories of the 170's for me and that is not good: I was stuck in the 170's for over a year, which is what brought me to IP in the first place - this is my "plan B", so it has to work! I need to do what it takes to make it work for me. I will not give in to failure!

This is going to be a rough weekend with my husband working until midnight tonight and doing a noon to midnight shift tomorrow. That leaves me alone with my two special needs kids (Sensory Disorders & ADHD) just a bit (well, ummm... a lot!) too much for my liking! ...this is usually when the former me (before IP) would end up binging (stress, overwhelmed and somehow kind of lonely - maybe longing for adult interaction), so I really need to think about it, plan for it and be prepared... maybe I can "binge" on celery! ...but only if I really need to!

Sending you all:

"A goal is a dream with a deadline."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Happy Friday the 13th everyone. I thought I'd be brave and start the thread this morning. My son bruised his knee at daycare two days ago. He woke up with a cough (I think it's allergies) and he's still llimping, so I decided to keep him home today. I wonder how much work I'll get done??

I am so thrilled that I am still losing when I eat restricted... It really opens up the crunchy snacks. I was getting sick of pudding!

Aww... I hope your little guy is feeling better soon! Good luck with the work.

I love having a restricted per day but I don't think it works for me. Going forward, I am going to save them as weekend treats (Friday, Saturday and Sunday only). I haven't tried the pudding yet but I think that I will next time I get IP stuff.

I was curious about the movie too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
today will be wi 5 for me. i am so excited!!! i think i have done pretty good this week as far as weight goes. i can feel myself getting smaller, and boy is that a great feeling. i hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Good luck today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjslilmommie View Post
HOpe everyone has an amazing weekend, I have a fun family packed event weekend but will stay on target as I enjoy watching the scale go down and not up!!
Enjoy your weekend. Have a blast! You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
I took a bar. I ate it. It was ok. The theater we went to had some very yummy looking and relatively fancy fare but I won't get into details....the movie was so good. It was a selected screening of "Wretches and Jabberers"--a documentary about two non-autistic guys traveling the world telling people that folks with autism are not as different from neurotypicals as you might think. They want love and belonging like anyone else and some of the thoughts/feelings/experiences of their world that they shared brought me to tears. My oldest child has autism---he is not as severely affected as these 2 guys, but it was very moving. It was easier to stay away from the buttered yellow fluffy stuff as this theater does not have the "do your own butter" like another chain does (and I LOVE to go to that chain and have my snack begging for a life preserver!!!). Ok....anyway it is done and over with and I survived. Thanks for asking!

My daughter gave me her cold and I feel like dirt, but I came to work anyway. I sound like a 70 year old 2-pack a day truck stop waitress (think Kathleen Turner with a chest cold), but I will get by. Retaining water so no loss today, but I am not going to stress. I have been totally OP all week--results will come eventually.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Yay! You are awesome! What a wonderful NSV! I am so proud of you. I am 100% positive that the results will come.

I am sorry about you are feeling sick today though and I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-13-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #7  
joanne

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/155

Height: 5'4"

morning all, haven;t really been on this week as my mood swings made me pretty impossible to be around, even I wanted out! lol so feeling much better now and my husband has stopped running out of the room when I come in, he equated it to living with awild animal that could attack at any moment! so on WI I lost another 3.8lbs, am losing half my closet but happy to get rid of those large pants!
Old 05-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/172/150

I'm very excited today! After a month of try and failing to stay OP; I am now on the right track. WI this morning was down 5 lbs for the week!!!!! This might just be the motivation I need to keep going.

I know exercise is not strongly recomended for phase 1 but does anyone know if doing some gentle yoga or stretching would be counter-productive? I find that I'm a little stiff lately, so doing some stretching would help...
Old 05-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #9  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Morning all!!!!

May is flying buy! Soon all the kids will be home, and I can honestly say..I am so not looking forward too it! 7 kids in my small 805 sq ft home. There will be all day snacking and whining! But I will enjoy getting out and playing with them more. I truly feel better since starting IP.
Just wish there were more to do in my town.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 05-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniestf View Post
I'm very excited today! After a month of try and failing to stay OP; I am now on the right track. WI this morning was down 5 lbs for the week!!!!! This might just be the motivation I need to keep going.

I know exercise is not strongly recomended for phase 1 but does anyone know if doing some gentle yoga or stretching would be counter-productive? I find that I'm a little stiff lately, so doing some stretching would help...
If you feel stiff, stretch. It is not counter-productive to IP. My coach told me to stetch! Gentle stretching is really healthy for your circulation and the neural feedback loop (your spine and all your nerves, and your brain). You will feel better if you stretch and it won't affect ketosis. Go for it!
Old 05-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 355/355/250

Height: 5 11

Hey everyone, on day 5 and having rough morning. Woke up very light headed and weak and did really dumb thing, took my meds and supplements before breakfast, got very nauseas. Eat breakfast and still feeling little weak.

First 4 days actually felt more energetic than I had in a while. Really looking forward to my first WI on Monday.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #12  

well, what a crappy wi, it is my TOM and i only lost 1 pound, but that means next week maybe super good!!!! i am not gonna let it get me down at all cause i gain anywhere from 3-5 lbs heavier on TOM, so i still lost 1 pound, so that is something to celebrate! have a great day!
Old 05-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #13  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
well, what a crappy wi, it is my TOM and i only lost 1 pound, but that means next week maybe super good!!!! i am not gonna let it get me down at all cause i gain anywhere from 3-5 lbs heavier on TOM, so i still lost 1 pound, so that is something to celebrate! have a great day!
Great attitude!! You'll rock that weigh in next week. Stupid TOM!
Old 05-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Great attitude!! You'll rock that weigh in next week. Stupid TOM!
thanks! one thing i have leaned from you all, is to be positive and celebrate the small things too! how bad does your TOM stall you?

Last edited by crystalchuckgracie; 05-13-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #15  

Height: 5"

Today my muscles just hurt in my legs so bad! I am also fighting cravings but losing 18 pounds in my first week I don't want to slide back. I am wearing a pair of jeans today that I could not even button a week ago.

I have to do some grocery shopping tonight, that is going to be scary. I am wanting chocolate or ice cream.

Does the IP diet throw off your cycle? My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant again (2 losses the past 2 years) and I am now 2 days late. I figure it might since I lost 18 pounds so rapidly.
Closed Thread