Old 05-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
Hey guys! I took a break from the forum (actually the internet too), but now I'm back! I found out my starting weight (thank you dr) and it turns out I've lost over 30 pounds! WOO!!
WoW 30 pounds!!! YOU GO GIRL@!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fannymae32 View Post
Hi all, I am on day 2 and really hoping the headaches and nausea die off in the next couple days. They do right? LOL
Yes it does I promise! I didn't realize how bad I felt the first week until I felt better and BOY did I feel better!!!

Ok now I feel guilty about my mothers....I called them both on Mothers day-my MIL first because my husband had to go to work early. She didn't want to go out-she was just diagnosed with breast cancer and I think she wanted a couple of days to stay at home and just relax. We will be making up dinner when she feels more like herself later this month.
My mother is over 12 hours away and was attending various college graduations in my family-sister graduated with PHd in PT and other sister graduated with Elementary Education (but shes going to be a basketball coach-going to grad school Fall 2012 for it). AND mother graduated with her Masters in Nursing (Nurse Practitioner). I had already sent flowers in cooperation with my siblings. I will see my mother in less than a month so I will take her out and we will share an IP friendly meal out...or maybe I will cook one for her--shes on IP also.

Anyway I created a handy google spreadsheet to log my food and stuff. I am going to be tweaking it over the course of the next couple of weeks and when I am happy will share will you all. I get tired of carrying around my booklet and I almost always have internet access so I thought I would try this.
gaya2081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 323/288/230

Height: 6' 2"

Hi everyone - been super busy lately so posts have been lacking. Lost a smidge under 9 lbs. last week which was welcome from the prev. 5 lb. gain. BF% was only up by .9% since the prev one showed a 4% drop - so something wierd going on w/ that scale that week. Finally back in the 280's so that feels great.

I have a challenge coming this weekend. Friday I fly down to socal for my cousins bachelor party. Apparently we're playing airsoft on friday (which I guess is like paintball but with rubber bullets- sounds painful) followed by a vegas weekend. Luckily thursday night is my weigh in and it's also when I plan on making a switch to partial alternative products. I ordered some bulk protein powder and they're supposed to send me samples - if I like them enough then I will replace all my shakes w/ those and probably go to my clinic once a month. I figure if I can do 2/3 of the diet w/ alt. products that cost $35 for 80 servings but still use the supplements and some restricteds for variety then I will prob save about half the cost.

Hope everyone had a great mommies day.
rondre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #48  

Default 1st day

My first day today! I had crispy cereal for breakfest and coffee and am about to have my verggies and a chocolate drink mix for lunch. I am going to be definitely looking on here for some great tips and support.
anialw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
Hey guys! I took a break from the forum (actually the internet too), but now I'm back! I found out my starting weight (thank you dr) and it turns out I've lost over 30 pounds! WOO!!

I'm not a mom to human kids, so we didn't really celebrate mother's day at my house. We did do mother's day Friday with his mom and Saturday with my mom since Sunday was our anniversary. Hard to believe we've been married 12 years! To celebrate we took the dog to the park and had homemade IP friendly tacos with no shells and with vegan cheese for dinner. I felt like I was having a treat!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and continues to have a great week!
Wonderful!!! I was wondering where you had been. Glad you're back and kee up the good work!!! I will have to try your version of "tacos" sounds good!
mamabearone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 147/138.8/105

Height: 5' 2.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anialw View Post
My first day today! I had crispy cereal for breakfest and coffee and am about to have my verggies and a chocolate drink mix for lunch. I am going to be definitely looking on here for some great tips and support.
It's my first day too!!! I had the oatmeal for breakfast (with coffee of course) and will have the tomato basil soup for lunch. Crossing my fingers I like it! What veggies are you going to have?
longhorn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #51  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn96 View Post
Morning everyone! I am starting day one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a big dinner last night (I won't say what... seems sort of mean). It was great, but I am excited to put all that behind me! I have about 40 pounds to lose, although I have several mini goals. 40 pounds would get me to high school weight, so I'm ok if that doesn't happen if I find I am happy before I get there.

I am only a few hours in and have already goofed. My coach said the sparkling flavored waters are fine so I grabbed a few at the store yesterday. It has aspartame! ACK! I think he said I was supposed to get ones flavored with Splenda or Stevia, etc. I'm just going to go ahead and drink it today. I guess. Why are we not supposed to have aspartame (other than the chemical reason that it's just not good for us). Will it have a specific negative effent on the diet?

I just had the oatmeal for breakfast and was pleased. I'm super nervous about all the packets I chose. I hope I like them!

Ok... enough rambling! I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!

~Kay
You will get a lot of differing information on this topic. All I am going to say is that I drank a Diet Pepsi everyday of this diet and still lost 45 lbs/30 inches and have kept it off for a year.

No adverse affect for me Have a great day!
carlasherea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 323/288/230

Height: 6' 2"

Also - I posted a few days ago a question if anyone knew the difference with supplements between bicarbonates, glutomates, citrates etc. If anyone can chime in that would be helpful - internet seems to have conflicting info when i look.

on a recipe note - tried kale chips for the first time yesterday - friggin amazing (though i salted them too much) - will def be making more of those. Also tried the cauliflower popcorn - loved that too - did that on cinco de mayo w/ some fiesta lime mrs. dash seasoning - loving the recipes section here!
rondre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Started doing alternatives yesterday and the strawberry cream EAS shake is so good! I have 9 packets left so I'm going to trade 7 of them for another box of southwest cheese curls and then I'm going rouge.

I bought a scale and I've been on the dang thing every day! I know there will be some fluctuations but according to it I have 2lbs to be at my pre-baby weight! Then I have the weight I gained from 2 miscarriages, college drinking weight and community college drinking weight. Makes me sound like a lush. But I'm over half way to my original goal!

Mother's Day is a hard one for many people, especially those who want children but haven't been able to have them. I'm sorry. I was there for a few years and it was tough, I imagine it's much more difficult the longer you have to wait.

Last edited by AprilH3; 05-09-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: can't spell
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #54  
Started IP March 29, 2011

S/C/G: 220/IP:177/**ticker**/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
Adrean! Been wondering how you were doing. Have you moved yet?

You're definitely not alone. I kind of feel like I hit a wall with my motivation, sick of the food, sick if paying for the food, want to be done, weight loss is slowing down,blah, blah, blah. Finally decided I'm starting Phase 3 on June 3, whether I've hit my goal or not. I'm hoping that being able to exercise more will maybe help deal with those last few pounds. I wonder if there's something about the 3 month mark that does this. It was like one day I was fine, the next, I'd had it!

Anyway, Darbs started a thread for those of us dealing with the last 20 or so pounds, and made a spread sheet for us to record our progress. There's a link on the first page somewhere.

Let's just get this done & jump back into life again!!
I've been trying to find the spreadsheet you mentioned...what thread is it in?
cwphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
I'm losing slowly. Sometimes I let it get me down-- like yesterday. It was Mother's Day and my son and his wife chose to visit HER mother, who lives almost 30 miles on the other side of town, and even though they passed within 3/4 mile from my home, they didn't stop by. He finally called me at 5pm to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. He'd been with his mother-in-law's family all day and actually called me from their home. When he finally did call, I told him that it was a nice surprise. His reply was, "Well, Mom, how could I forget with all the advertisements about 'send you mother flowers or candy and such for Mother's Day? I'd be a terrible son if I didn't call you." (so where are MY flowers??? huh?) I've been really bummed out since then. My daughter-in-law never even got on the phone. I guess she was too busy with HER mother. I'm not trying to be in competition with anyone, but my feelings are really hurt. If I hadn't given birth to my son, to whom would she be married?

So... all that... and after about 19 days on the program, I've only lost 9 pounds. My doctor said I could lose 5 each week, so what gives? While I'm not on the IP program, she did give me a version of it. I'm doing everything but using the IP products, plus I'm not allowed anything but the basic program--no optionals, just 2 shakes, 4 veggies and salad out the ying yang! I'm really trying to be good about this. I've not cheated once, but I'm so tired of the same ole things after almost 3 weeks and I've got so much more weight to lose! So... today I'm having my own little pitty party. I'm sorry to dump this on you, but sometimes life just isn't fair, I guess.

Thanks for reading...
That's not bad...my son's NEVER even called, NOTHING!!! Atleast your son called! I'm pretty bummed out too, HURT is more like it
GailMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #56  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
On a separate note:
I just got my thyroid test back and my level is 0.02. A month ago it was 3.0. I'm taking Armour Thyroid and was told to cut it back but I thought 3.0 was a fine level so I didn't. Last test was 6.0 and the one a few months before that was 10.0! So this is the first time in 2-3 years that my level has been normal (since I started asking exactly what the levels were, not just dumbly believing the doctor when he/she said they were low. Been hypothyroid for 5 years now).

0.02 means my thyroid is working and the level is actually too high. But I feel totally normal and happy! I am thinking of seeing a naturopath instead of my current doctor. He doesn't really pay attention. I believe in treating my symptoms, not my lab tests. Anyone else out there with hypothyroidism feel the same way? Why is it so hard to get doctors to listen to our symptoms instead of relying whole-heartedly on lab results (which vary widely anyway). Last year when I did IP it did not help my thyroid levels at all (they didn't change), so I really don't think IP had anything to do with these levels.

Also, today my head is in the clouds and I forgot my sweater and my protein bar for lunch. I am freezing but luckily I had some protein powder here at work and I do have my salad. I also put my tea in my BF's bag and almost took his IP lunch this morning instead of mine! Woo I hope my brain returns to me at some point. I would forget it too if it weren't already inside my head.
Cinnamon-

Armour is active thyroid. If your dosage is too much (you lost weight, but didn't decrease dosage), it is not something that your system "expells" it uses it. Having hyper-thyroid can do things like make you feel more energy, make you cold, make your heart race, and other things. Having too much of the armour will do the same damage that having an over-active thyroid will do. My doctor would not consider switching when I asked about it, (synthyroid actually blocks vitamin absorbtion, and other side affects) and said that there is a movement out there to even take it off the market due to the ability to become in a word toxic from it.
Armour does work better then synthyroid, but does require more monitoring because of the damages.
I don't know if I've helped at all, just gave the information that I have.
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #57  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
That's not bad...my son's NEVER even called, NOTHING!!! Atleast your son called! I'm pretty bummed out too, HURT is more like it
I wonder what makes them act that way. He certainly wasn't raised that way as I was a devoted daughter to both my mother and mother-in-law. I guess the worst part was that he passed right by the house. It wouldn't have been a big deal to stop by. I guess I'm just being a baby about it.

Oh well... such is life. My kid's a jerk.
BROWNEYES47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
I don't know. Each shake has 30 grams of protein, plus the protein of the meat and/or fish for the evening meal.
Oh, okay, sorry... you didn't mention the meat/fish in your first post... sounds like you're getting enough protein then... only other thing I can think of is you might want to check the carbs in the shakes... since they aren't IP, that could be slowing you down...

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
So you don't have a third packet a day? Plus the protein is important but what about calories and carbs for the shakes. I follow IP protocol using alternative products (I used IP for 5 months). I eat the same every day....

Omelet for breakfast (packet from Nashua Nutrition) 100 calories and 2 carbs
36 ounces of water and supplements

lettuce, cucumbers, cabbage, mushrooms, for lunch with evoo, herbs, and vinegar for lunch with a shake and 36 ounces of water

6-8 ounces of chicken, beef, fish, pork or shellfish and 2 cups of veggies with evoo for dinner and water

1 restricted bar around 7pm

I buy the bars and omelets from Nashau Nutrition and the shakes at Target (pure Protein brand).

Ketosis takes 3-5 days to get into. Sometimes it barely shows on the stick and they say some people never. If you are losing, you are probably in ketosis. You can taste it in the back of your mouth, smell in in your urine and breath (although...I can't smell it but hubby can). If you have too many carbs you would go out of ketosis. The diet is very strict.

I get my shakes from Costco. They are 100 calories, have 30 grams of Protein, 3 grams total fat, Total Carbohydrates of 5 grams. I have recently alternating that with the EAS AdvantEDGE Card Control shakes, which are 110 calories , 17 grams of Protein, 3 grams total fat, Total Carbs of 6 grams. The two seem to be pretty much the same with exception of the proteins. I prefer the Costco shakes because they have more protein, and are less expensive than the others.

I would LOVE an omlet. What is the brand name of the ones you buy from Nashua Nutrition? I just want to EAT something for breakfast! Could I have a real egg or maybe some egg beaters? I have not eaten anything like that and even if I only had it once or twice a week, I know it would help. I checked Egg Beaters and all flavors have about 30 calories (the cheese & chive have 35 and the whites only have 25); no fat; 1 gram of carbs, and about 5 or 6 grams (regular flavor has 6) of protein. I know the protein isn't enough, but could you have maybe TWO 1/4 servings to get a little more protein in? What about a REAL egg and an extra egg white? That would be 86 calories, 9.9 g. protein, .60 carbs and 4.9 g fat. Even that woulndn't be bad, would it?

I am also sick to death of lettuce, mushrooms, cucumber salads with vinegar and oil. I bought the WF bacon ranch dressing and I'm pretty sick of that, too. (Boy... my inner child is really unhappy, isn't she?)

What is a "restricted bar?" and where can I get them?

I'm sorry to be so needy... boy this isn't even that TOM-- I haven't had one of those in years! HA!HA!

I would be interested in knowing what other alternative products others are using. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
Sorry you had a disappointing mothers day. While none of my 3 sons are married yet, I've watched this for years with my brothers, and it's maddening. Kind of expecting it to some degree in the future with my boys, even though I have great relationships with all of them now.

As far as your weight loss, it is within the 3-4 pounds per week that IP protocol states, even though some do have larger numbers the first couple of weeks. I'm really wondering if you're getting enough to eat, even though your shakes have a bit more protein. A third shake, or even better, some yummy IP snacks like chips or soy puffs in the evening, would make things more bearable & possibly even help speed up the weight loss. Since you're doing alt products, maybe check on line & see what you could order. I know lots of people make it without the restricteds, but it's really been a lifesaver for me to have that to look forward to in the evening, and I've always lost something every week, even though I'm very close to goal.

Hope you can make some adjustments & keep moving towards your goal- and hey, this is the place for venting when you're down. We're here for you!
Thank you so much for your kind words. You made me feel better knowing that 3 pounds a week is good. You know, I was wondering whether I was getting enough to eat myself. I'm not really hungry, but maybe my body just needs more and still thinks that I might be going into starvation mode so is storing some of this fat. Don't really know.

i don't think I could stomach a 3rd shake. They really fill me up. But--a snack-- hmmm... I'm going to have to see if there are any alternate products that I can include for a snack that wouldn't completely ruin things for me. I've been so good for 2 weeks 6 days (tomorrow I complete 3 weeks) and I don't want to lose what little momentum I've got.

Thanks for the advice.... good ideas and now I'm going to have to see about what I can do about it.