Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffive View Post
Back from WI #12. I only lost a pound, but when I look at a pound of butter, I am glad I don't have that attached to me anymore!
I lost 2 inches off my waist and a half an inch off my hips, so maybe I am getting smaller, but I don't see it. Maybe that's part of the problem of losing so much in a relative short amount of time, it's takes my mind awhile to catch up with my body.
So here's to another great week. Marathon, not a sprint, and I will get to my goal!!
Yay for a pound! And 2 inches off of your waist?!?! That's a lot! And half an inch off the hips is nothing to joke about either. Great job!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #77  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

I'm somewhere in the middle of week 3, and I just don't feel good. Not that I felt "good" when I was eating like crap, but I'm tired, nauseous, feel weak and depressed and have had headache so often the last two weeks, which may be entirely unrelated, I've always had bouts of chronic headaches. I know these may be withdrawals from emotional eating, but I'm getting discouraged. Really discouraged. I'm just so tired. I can't smoke (I know, bad. *wrist slap*) because it causes my headaches to quadruple in pain. I can't eat anything but vegetables... my coach won't let me have anything beyond soups, pudding and drinks and they all make me nauseous. I really want to stick to this, I know it can work, but it's all starting to come down around me and I'm not sure I can sustain this way. Thanks for letting me vent...

I didn't mean to make an awkward silence if that's what happened! I'd love to hear that there is a hump like this that every has to get over? Carry on with your normal chatting, this grump doesn't need any special butt patting.

Last edited by snowclover; 04-26-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:26 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwphy View Post
P.S. is anyone else making SF jello and eating it daily? My coach wasn't very clear when I asked if it was allowed or not. IT helps to curb my sweet tooth in the evening, so I kind of figured it was helping...
I am not a professional and the following is just my opinion:

I don't really know about the SF Jell-O but I guess it would depend what the sweetener is (Splenda and Stevia are the only ones that are OP) and if the sugar, fat and carbs = 0 each.

Another thing that helps me with my sweet tooth is the Nestea and Crystal light individual packets that you can add to water (the ones sweetened with Splenda only). I like adding the lemon/lime and the strawberry/orange/banana to carbonated water to simulate a soft drink. You have to limit them (I try not to have more than one in a day and not every day but mixed with 500 ml of water, you get a lot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
I'm somewhere in the middle of week 3, and I just don't feel good. Not that I felt "good" when I was eating like crap, but I'm tired, nauseous, feel weak and depressed and have had headache so often the last two weeks, which may be entirely unrelated, I've always had bouts of chronic headaches. I know these may be withdrawals from emotional eating, but I'm getting discouraged. Really discouraged. I'm just so tired. I can't smoke (I know, bad. *wrist slap*) because it causes my headaches to quadruple in pain. I can't eat anything but vegetables... my coach won't let me have anything beyond soups, pudding and drinks and they all make me nauseous. I really want to stick to this, I know it can work, but it's all starting to come down around me and I'm not sure I can sustain this way. Thanks for letting me vent...

I didn't mean to make an awkward silence if that's what happened! I'd love to hear that there is a hump like this that every has to get over? Carry on with your normal chatting, this grump doesn't need any special butt patting.
Again, just my unprofessional opinion:

I am sorry that you feel that way. I have not had that issue and I don't know how to help. My only thought is that you may be sensitive to an ingredient in the IP products? Can you try a phase II or phase I alternative plan for a week and see if it improves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimes View Post
Hi There,

i'm new here just on day 2!
Here is my menu for today:

Breakfast: Chocolate Drink
Lunch-Salad and IP Pudding
Supper-Steak and Cucumber and Mushrooms
Snack-IP soy thingies

Looks good! Good luck!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-26-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:58 PM   #79  
joanne

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/155

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

sorry your having a rough time, I'm middle of week three too, week one was rough for me with the headaches but after taking lots of salt it balanced out, not sure why your coach is restricting you to just soups puddings and drinks, I've been able to have anything from day one, just keep to one restricted a day, are you doctoring them, (like adding vanilla and cinnamon to a vanilla pudding adding more water to make a shake?) that helps spice things up a little, have you spoken to your coach about how you feel? the headaches were excrutiating so I feel your pain, try adding salt to water and chug it down, (i did it in shot glasses as it tasted foul and then sucked on a lemon, like a tequila shooter lol) the headache should disapear in fifteen mins, if that doesn;t help I would check with your doctor, I hope everything works out for you
Old 04-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
[B]

Julia 1573: The first few days are definitely the worst. Your body is going through carb detox/withdrawal and it is very similar to going through other types of withdrawal... it's emotionally difficult and I can't blame you for turning back to food for comfort. However, please realize that you have to stay away from carbs and sugar in order to get past the cravings and into the part of this program where you feel good. We've all been there... but it's a journey that you can't fully appreciate until you are on the other side.

This program is about changing your relationship with food completely. Think of ways to prepare yourself for situations where you know you will feel completely out of control. You mentioned that you are going back to work. Why do you think you can't handle the pressure? Your husband seems to believe you have the ability to handle things. Why do you doubt yourself??

I think you need to take things a few hours at a time. Since you are still very new to the program, make sure that you are NOT hungry. This will help keep your other cravings in check and will help you with the emotional nature of your carb withdrawal. My first week, I ate 4 or 5 packets each day. Have something at 10:30 or 11am before lunch to make sure that you don't get hungry at all... Have a shake or something else right before you go to bed. When you wake up in the morning, have some salt and water right away and give yourself a few minutes before standing up.

I remember the beginning of the program, just a short 8 weeks ago for me. I was so scared about every little thing. I thought I would hate the food. I thought I would feel sick. I thought I would fail. These are all normal feelings... Hang in there and come to this forum when you are down. You CAN do this.
i 100% agree with the changing your relationship with food. some people use food, some alcohol, drugs or whatever. gotta fix what's broke underneath. speaking from experience, i had to go from beer everynight after work to making an herbal tea.... (blah!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
Good morning everybody! Had a wonderful weigh in yesterday - after weeks of 1 or 2 pound losses, I was down 3.2, which got me to THIRTY TOTAL POUNDS! I am so excited I had to post just to see my pretty signature.

For those of us on the official IP "alternative" plan, never getting to ketosis can be quite the mixed blessing. Tiny tastes of forbidden foods are easier to justify, but they still have negative results, and can limit loss much more than I thought possible. I'm committed to staying 100% sugar free this week and running my tail off. I want to see another great loss next week!

My wonderful coach is so nice - she's so supportive and complimentary of how the weight loss is changing my figure. It's so great to see results, it helps me keep my mind off treats!

Have a great day everyone.
marcus- you are the one who could chime in on the exercise question since you are such the runner and have been exercising from the start... (me i am religious about NOT exercising! he he he)
Old 04-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #81  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

day two back OP I have a massive headache today, unsure if it is IP related or just a headache which I will sometimes get.....oh well I will survive!
NSV today my supervisor told me that he noticed I had lost weight and followed up by saying that him noticing is a big deal as he rarely notices any change in people unless its a big deal (just not that kind of guy!).
Old 04-26-2011, 08:14 PM   #82  

Quote:

snowclover- i've read alot of people who felt like crap. i personally got extremely ill but i wasn't taking my potassium and cal/mag at first. took about to week 3 or 4 i had tremors, irregular heart beat, sweats, weakness, headache like no other! i assume you are taking your supplements faithfully... coming from an alternative view point, (i've never had a coach and use animal proteins and alt whey protein products) i'm not one to let someone i pay (your coach) to control me esp if it's not working for you. have you read dr. tran's ebook? maybe you could glean some insight there. if you think substituting a different protein would make you feel better, i say do it. at least try it so you can say it doesn't work, maybe? are there any other medical or lifestyle factors?

ronda
Old 04-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #83  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
snowclover- i've read alot of people who felt like crap. i personally got extremely ill but i wasn't taking my potassium and cal/mag at first. took about to week 3 or 4 i had tremors, irregular heart beat, sweats, weakness, headache like no other! i assume you are taking your supplements faithfully... coming from an alternative view point, (i've never had a coach and use animal proteins and alt whey protein products) i'm not one to let someone i pay (your coach) to control me esp if it's not working for you. have you read dr. tran's ebook? maybe you could glean some insight there. if you think substituting a different protein would make you feel better, i say do it. at least try it so you can say it doesn't work, maybe? are there any other medical or lifestyle factors?

ronda
I am not taking my supplements well... at all. I try everyday and it's very hit or miss. Could that be making me feel so sick? I am 100% committed to not cheating... so not cheating and not feeling able to consume packets has left me having days where I've almost eaten nothing. I don't intend to do it, and I know it's worse for weight loss... just the thought of that white foam on the top of the drinks makes me so nauseous! I have only had 3 packets once or twice in the last 3 weeks most days it's 2... lately only 1, vegetables and my dinner protein. I guess it seems obvious why I'm not feeling well, but the nausea related to the packets... I don't know if I can overcome it.

Last edited by snowclover; 04-26-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

So I'm kinda super annoyed. WI # 2-.2.... I know that it is the constant constipation and surely the bloat of having TOM arrive unexpeded and 2 weeks early. I just want to be cut a break... Seeing a number larger than 1.8 or .2 would be so rewarding. I changed things up a bit with my packets. I am usually super conservative in the carb department but this week I added the restricted S/P ridges for my lunch and breakfast and snack will be choc pudding (I make a frothy coffee with these). I cant wait till my natural calm gets here!!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 148/132.4/125

Height: 5'5"

WI #5 today - down 1.8 pounds. I lost some inches, but not a lot of "weight" and my fat hardly went down and my muscle stayed the same. My coach said the fact that I'm having my TOM only 2 weeks after my last one is affecting my loss. My first 2 WIs were good; I lost about 3.5 lbs at each, then my 3rd I only lost .6, 4th 2.6, and 5th 1.8. My loss has really slowed down and it's pretty discouraging when I have to deal with the side effect of bleeding when I shouldn't be. Oh well, a loss is still a loss I suppose.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:52 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
i will be going to wi 3 on Thursday, and i am so afraid! i keep weighing myself here at home and the scale is not moving!!!!!!! i am following the plan, no cheats! so i guess i should throw the dang scale out the window, huh?
crystal- you aren't the only scale tramp lurking around here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
Kinda having a stressful morning. I walked as usual and had an extra packet (woot!) but... I came out to my car to go to work and someone had smashed the window in. I live in a condo and it was right out front in the parking lot. UGH! I drove it down the street to the closest shop (not even 1 mile away) and the broken window busted in on me. It was so scary! I am glad I did not get any glass on me or get hurt. Whew! LOL the shop owner said I must be taking aspirin because I didn't have a heart attack. Hahaha....

Also my boss is on vacation and he took a lot of work with him, which now he can't do (shocker), and I don't know how I will get it done by tomorrow. Our work is proposals and this one is worth $90M. I may be up all night and I always go to bed at 10 or 11. Also I have choir rehearsal and we have a concert on Saturday and this is the first time we will be rehearsing with the orchestra. Maybe I'll go from 7:30-9 instead of 7:30-10? Why does everything happen at the same time? Heehee, I'm taking next week off once it's delivered. That's it!

But actually I feel very zen and calm and happy. ?!? I'm having a happy IP day. Sometimes you wake up and feel GOOD. Well today is that day and I'm trying not to worry about things. I did haggle with the shop owner a little just to see what I could get out of him. I threatened to take it to another shop so he would justify his price to me. He did. He's a nice guy! He also is letting Safelite glass come and replace the window because that's who my insurance uses and he can't match their price.

My other concern is that I haven't chopped up any veggies for dinner. Seems like a small deal but I am sure I will be rushing and I may eat an entire cucumber, not chopped up, on my way to choir.

Have a good day everyone! It is a good day today.
cinnamon- i am so laughing at the thought of you driving down the street with a smashed out window, eating a cucumber whole... it sounds like you got dealt a crappy hand today! bummer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
i have a couple of strange NSVs to share today. i guess i'll just go in order. the guy who works at the corner store has known me for years and the other day he said "you lost a lot of weight, huh?". he asked me if i've been exercising and then he told me that he could hardly recognize me anymore! i thought that was insane and super flattering. i also saw a friend of mine who i haven't seen in maybe 6 months or so and she said "oh my god, laura, you are TINY!!". she called me "tiny"!!! that made me very happy. last night, a friend of mine from the trivia that i go to every monday told me that she has a bunch of vintage dresses that are too small for her that she wants to give me. this really surprised me because she is not a big lady and i thought there is no way that i'm smaller than her. i told my best friend about it and he said that i am definitely smaller than her - my brain just doesn't recognize it yet. so i am very excited about getting new dresses since none of mine really fit anymore! my last NSV is a bit more strange for me... i have been getting a lot of attention from boys lately. this is very new to me. i've already started "dating" someone for the last few weeks, and last night i met another guy that i have a lot in common with and really liked. i'd maybe like to see where it goes. i'm nervous because i've never had to date multiple people at once, but i guess this is normal for single girls? it's all so strange to me!
laura- it's weird how our brains, eyes and all don't match up now. i spent 2 hrs in jc penney trying things on because i couldn't narrow in on a size! whoot whoot on all the booty call! rock it woman, you are gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1stbeachy View Post
New to IP and these posts as well, although I have read many of them and have been so motivated by all of your success stories I find it really difficult to navigate through this site. This is my second day on the IP diet, not having too much trouble with cravings, but I feel like I am starving by dinner. I am hoping to get through this first week with minimal aggression and no jail time.
1stbeachy- minimal aggression and no jail time!?!?!?! that's funny, i don't care who ya are!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by picky123 View Post
Hello CWPHY,

I was told by my coach that all Lettuce, including Romain, and Spanich was unlimited as well as Cucumber, and Celery.

Not sure what other coaches are saying but you may want to check this with your own coach.
picky- dr. trans book says spinach is counted as a veggie. can anyone confirm? i also was told by a woman with a double doctorate, one in medicine, one in nutrition to avoid eating iceberg lettuce. the greener the better! she also told me the iceberg coats the intestine in a sickening kind of way as she used to do autopsy work. (gross, i know....) i haven't touched the stuff since!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Ok..I have a question..

So, since I've read through everything again, and with the new protocol you are suppose to have a restricted/day, so I ordered some to the Proti-diet bars.

So My question is...this Protein bar is used in place of an IP packet?? right..

So I have my IP packet for breakfast (I'm using an alternative protien shake)
Lunch is Veggies and IP packet (I'm having Hard boiled eggs right now 1 whole 1 no yolk)
Dinner Veggies and Meat
And late snack I'm currently planning a shake...will switch to the protein bar when they get it...Is this correct???

Sorry everyone for all the questions and thanks for the answers
mine- love love love proti diet peanut butter crunch (or crisp) bars. oooooh my my! have 4 proteins total a day, any way you like. if you are exercising i would put my bar before my workout. (ha, of course i don't work out but i read alot and that's the suggestion...)

Quote:
I am not taking my supplements well... at all. I try everyday and it's very hit or miss. Could that be making me feel so sick? I am 100% committed to not cheating... so not cheating and not feeling able to consume packets has left me having days where I've almost eaten nothing. I don't intend to do it, and I know it's worse for weight loss... just the thought of that white foam on the top of the drinks makes me so nauseous! I have only had 3 packets once or twice in the last 3 weeks most days it's 2... lately only 1, vegetables and my dinner protein. I guess it seems obvious why I'm not feeling well, but the nausea related to the packets... I don't know if I can overcome it.
snowclover- i'm gonna pm you- go take a potassium, your cal mag and get 2 containers of powerade zero immediately!!!! drink them down pronto!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #87  

snowclover- i can't pm you so hopefully everyone will be patient while i tell you about my experience and how i understand the physiology of this.

i went all rouge on this protocol, on my own and feelin large (which i was, he he hence the diet, right?!) and in charge (was that too) but being the tight *** that i am (not meaning less of a jiggly rear end either) i didn't want to pay the price for the IP products. i have done low carb before and was fairly familiar with a good range of products so i struck out on my own. great success, pounds were falling off just like everyone on the forum. i started getting low energy, but i was reading alot of others went thru that as well, so i kept on. headaches- kept on. weak legs, could barely get up and down the stairs with a load of laundry- kept on. could barely work, i was confused and mentally cloudy, hands would shake, nauseated, my heart was racing- and flopping and i would sweat and feel sick. it was finally when i had an abnormal EKG at a health fair i decided i needed to pay attention. i went home and had my hospital run another one. abnormal again! i went to the local chiropracter who is the IP coach and we talked. i walked out with the potassium, cal mag and zinc. chased 2 potassium with 2 powerade zero that night and felt remarkably better over the next several days of taking the supplements as recommended. of course there was no way i was dehydrated, which is what the symptoms sort of felt like cuz i was drinking 3 ltrs of water a day, but peeing so much knocked my electrolytes all out of whack. it screws up your heart and other muscle function and can end you up in the emergency room. and add your sea salt (only sea salt, tho. redmonds is the best imho) it has the minerals and sodium along with taking your potassium, cal/mag and multi as recommended that will keep you thinking clearly and feeling well. if after 3-4 days of supplementing you don't feel better i would go to a good doctor and get some lab work.

take care of yourself, your case sounds kinda scary to me...
ronda
Old 04-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #88  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwphy View Post
P.S. is anyone else making SF jello and eating it daily? My coach wasn't very clear when I asked if it was allowed or not. IT helps to curb my sweet tooth in the evening, so I kind of figured it was helping...
I'm a SF jello junkie *she mutters in a quiet voice*. I've taken weeks off from it to see if it made a difference and for me, it doesn't. Everyone is different.

Quote:
Okay girlfriend, time to snap out of it. YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE SUPPLEMENTS. Your body's chemistry, heck, even your life could depend on it. You need to eat. You need to take the supplements. Set an alarm on your phone 2 times a day and take them. And what white foam on drinks? If the foam grosses you out, mix up your shakes a couple hours before you drink it and let it settle. They can sit overnight. Mix up your breakfast shake before you go to bed. But you are starving yourself right now and you deserve better. Have you tried other packets? Go drink a chocolate one right now. Or have a bar.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I'm a SF jello junkie *she mutters in a quiet voice*. I've taken weeks off from it to see if it made a difference and for me, it doesn't. Everyone is different.

Mrs B? is that you, omg i can hardly recognize you in the avatar! wow! how ya been? obviously good, you look amazing!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:30 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
snowclover - You must eat. What you are doing is not on plan at all. Have your 3 packets and 1 cooked meal per day. Go get some alternative products if you need to, netrition has Syntrax Nectar which gets great reviews. I am ordering some but haven't tried it yet. I need to replace my cappucino IP drink with something cheaper as I am looking at a, oh $1750 car repair.

Take all the supplements too. I know what you mean about it being hit or miss. Make it a habit and take them with food. I always take them after I have started eating. I am less grossed out that way. The suggestions of taking 2 potassium pills with gatorade 0 is probably a good one. I'd take some 2 potassium for a few days until your body feels better. If you have restricted IP food around, eat that. At least 1 per day until you feel better.

If you can't eat, then you are just starving yourself. No wonder your body feels bad. I hope you feel better, and get yourself out of starvation mode. Even if you have to stop doing IP. You and your health are more important than this diet. If you can't stick to the protocol, then you can't do it. You need to talk to your coach about it. Have you communicated this at all to him or her? Maybe they are a hard-a#$ to you without realizing it. Some people are less sensitive than others, and I know my clinic is one of those. Maybe they don't realize what a hard time you are having and how the puddings or whatever they are letting you have totally gross you out. I'm grossed out by the soups and I've never been able to eat them. But I love the wildberry yogurt, cappucino, vanilla pudding, and now raspberry jelly. I think the fruity drinks are nasty and so is the banana pudding. We all have different tastes. If I were stuck eating only the products I hate, I wouldn't be able to do it either. Try the different textures to see if it helps. I find the IP Jelly is nice at night for a change of pace. Or eat some hard boiled eggs. At this point, your body needs to recover so 2 eggs instead of a packet would be just fine. Just my 2 cents and I am not a doctor. Talk to your coach, you might be in really bad shape from this.

FYI to rondar who thought it was funny that I would be driving down the road with a smashed car window gnawing on a cucumber... Which is a funny thought...

I ate cucumbers and dill pickles as my veggies for dinner. I did have baby romaine with olive oil/garlic/lemon, and that was yummy! I did not end up having to eat an entire cucumber whole. I made myself dinner and ate in 20 minutes. It was a record for me. Of course, it was scrambled eggs, but still! I am proud of myself. Is it ok to eat cucumber and pickles as my veggies? I know I should get more variety, which I usually do, but I was in such a rush tonight. I am getting better at almost making scrambled eggs like Julia Child. I'm a little too impatient though. But my eggs are getting markedly better.

And I've been ruminating on the "unlimited lettuce" in the IP plan. I think it is to help our bodies become more alkaline. On this diet, we are supposed to be alkaline instead of acidic, right? It's kind of like a cleanse. It gets us back to a good baseline for our health. Lettuce (not iceberg though) helps with that. I don't know of course, but this is what I think it might be and why it's on the protocol at all. I will ask my coach when I see him about it.

Last edited by CinnamonSparkles; 04-26-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Closed Thread