Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #46  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwphy View Post
Hi everyone!
I've been on IP for 5 weeks now, and I am still always hungry. I follow the program, 3 IP packets a day, and one meal on my own (using between 6-8 oz of approved protein). I never miss my 4 cups of veggies a day and sometimes eat up to 2 heads of iceberg lettuce a day because I am so hungry! I have always had a big appetite...I am trying to overcome binge eating.

Sometimes I am so hungry I eat more than the 4 cups of veggies and sometimes add in extra protein during the day, a couple of egg whites here and there. I only eat the select veggies, and I haven't used any of the restricted products. I use WF dressing and tweak them a bit with more spices and apple cider vinegar to give them more flavor.

Has anyone else had a problem with being hungry all the time? I think about food all day long. I am seeing results, I'm down 11 pounds, but don't know what to do about the hunger. I was told by my coach that after the first week people aren't hungry anymore, but I haven't seen that happen. He just keeps telling me to eat more iceberg.

I am a bit surprised though that I haven't lost more than 11 pounds after 5 weeks...I'm wondering if I'm eating too much iceberg? They say it's unlimited, but I'm not sure if they anticipated an appetite like mine. I've also been eating SF jello...about a cup a day in the evening to help fill me up...I'm hoping that is ok, since I only eat the select veggies and non restricted items.
The exact same thing happened to me at about the exact same time -- I had to add more protein and fat which meant adding a whole hard boiled egg and at least 1 more if not 2 more teaspoons of olive oil. Adding the oil really helped with the cravings. I agree with Loosingforgood - stop eating iceberg lettuce as it has little nutritional value and switch to romain. Green tea and oolong tea help me as they have some ability to suppress hunger. Also make sure you are eating the highest protein items (soups, drinks, puddings) -- a restricted might help as well. Hang in there --I still find days where I feel like I could inhale my refrigerator but it has gotten better with the addition of protein and oil.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

Quote:
Hmmm, maybe I should be trying green tea as well...

LOSINGOFRLIFE2010- Is romaine allowed to be eaten unlimited?
Cwphy...Yes, romaine is unlimited. My coach always tells me to add in a packet or a restrictive item if I'm hungry...she said you should never be hungry on this diet. She also told me to add in 2 eggs in addition to my regular protein if I needed to (I'm assuming the fat from the eggs help with hunger) Also, you might want to think about how you spread out your food. Maybe you need to have snacks between breakfast and lunch, lunch and dinner just to keep from getting to hungry. If you like eating the salad maybe you should have a romaine salad with 1 cup of your veggies between breakfast and lunch then have the other cup at lunch and then the same between lunch and dinner and maybe add your restrictive item or packet in as well. Just make sure to have your snack an hour before bed to hold you over till breakfast.

I also make a soup of low fat/sodium chicken broth, celery, onion, shredded cabbage, diced up turnips, seasonings, bay leaf and green beans (sometimes, because they are an occastional item) and sometimes I will add a chicken breast to poach in the liquid to give extra flavor then cube up and add to soup. This really helps curb the hunger pains and I get a cup or so of my veggies in and a little extra protein from the chicken.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #48  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

Sorry for always being such a question maniac... I am in every area of my life... anyway...

If I bring 2 cups of sliced cucumbers to work for lunch am I on program? Do I have to eat lettuce with them?
Old 04-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #49  
Start IP 04-25-11

S/C/G: 260/253.5 5-2/160

Height: 5'5"

New to IP and these posts as well, although I have read many of them and have been so motivated by all of your success stories I find it really difficult to navigate through this site. This is my second day on the IP diet, not having too much trouble with cravings, but I feel like I am starving by dinner. I am hoping to get through this first week with minimal aggression and no jail time.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #50  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieA View Post
WOW! I'm sure you are on a high with all the flattery. You've worked hard for that so enjoy it. Multiple guys....oohlala! I think the last time I had multiple guys interested in me was when I was in the army....they're desperate for female attention.
hahahaha, carrie, this made me laugh!! i will try to enjoy my new life as much as possible. i'm really not used to so much attention from anyone. it's a very strange and awkward feeling.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #51  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
hahahaha, carrie, this made me laugh!! i will try to enjoy my new life as much as possible. i'm really not used to so much attention from anyone. it's a very strange and awkward feeling.
Get used to it, Laura. I can't even IMAGINE how hot you'll be when you hit your goal.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #52  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!
Today is day 2! Very excited. I cannot wait to get back in ketosis.

One thing I have been struggling with getting back on plan is the NAUSEA. Holy bananas. It sucks!! I never had this the first go around. It's like the sugar and carbs just won't let go. Body is having major withdrawals, and it is always after the first day. Just gotta keep myself busy today and ignore it. Doesn't help to eat either.
Anyone else had this? Anything that helped alleviate it?
Old 04-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 136/132.0/112

Height: 5ft1.5

Had my fourth weigh in this morning, down only a pound Don't understand, doing everything correctly. My journals are perfect, just don't get it. Had my thyroid checked, according to the doc, it's normal. I think there's something going on internally....doesn't make sense.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 182/145/145

Height: 5'7"

QUOTE Hi everyone!
I've been on IP for 5 weeks now, and I am still always hungry. I follow the program, 3 IP packets a day, and one meal on my own (using between 6-8 oz of approved protein). I never miss my 4 cups of veggies a day and sometimes eat up to 2 heads of iceberg lettuce a day because I am so hungry! I have always had a big appetite...I am trying to overcome binge eating.

I am on phase 4 now after losing 35 pounds, but I was on phase 1 for 3 months and I was hungry all the time. Try drinking herbal tea, eating pickles and eggs. Also, I ate extra protein at dinner. I actually ate as much protein as I wanted and still lost. The extra protein really helped- I doubt I would have stayed on phase 1 without it.

Keep with it. This diet works.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #55  
Started IP - 4/11/2011

S/C/G: 203/193/150

Height: 5'4"

Don't get too discouraged foxxygyal. I think the weight loss tends to be slower when you start out at a lower weight. So the dramatic weight loss you see are from people who have more to lose. Have you spoken to your coach on what else you might need to do?
Old 04-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #56  
Started IP 4/7/11

S/C/G: 280/253/185

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Sometimes I am so hungry I eat more than the 4 cups of veggies and sometimes add in extra protein during the day, a couple of egg whites here and there. I only eat the select veggies, and I haven't used any of the restricted products. I use WF dressing and tweak them a bit with more spices and apple cider vinegar to give them more flavor.

Has anyone else had a problem with being hungry all the time? I think about food all day long. I am seeing results, I'm down 11 pounds, but don't know what to do about the hunger. I was told by my coach that after the first week people aren't hungry anymore, but I haven't seen that happen. He just keeps telling me to eat more iceberg.

I am a bit surprised though that I haven't lost more than 11 pounds after 5 weeks...I'm wondering if I'm eating too much iceberg? They say it's unlimited, but I'm not sure if they anticipated an appetite like mine. I've also been eating SF jello...about a cup a day in the evening to help fill me up...I'm hoping that is ok, since I only eat the select veggies and non restricted items.
You are not alone. This is day 19 for me and my stomach still growls even right after I eat. I just ignore it. I could eat a cow right now but I tell myself that is part of losing weight. I would not think iceberg would have any effect because it is mostly water. I am not sure about the Jello? Maybe you are not eating enough. I would try adding one restricted packet in your day. Your body might need it.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
i will be going to wi 3 on Thursday, and i am so afraid! i keep weighing myself here at home and the scale is not moving!!!!!!! i am following the plan, no cheats! so i guess i should throw the dang scale out the window, huh?
Ha ha. Been there done that!~ That scale WILL move. I thought the scale was broken! I found out that I lose weight SLOWLY! But, after 7 weeks, I am 23 lbs. lighter. 40 to go! Hang in there.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:59 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxygyal View Post
Had my fourth weigh in this morning, down only a pound Don't understand, doing everything correctly. My journals are perfect, just don't get it. Had my thyroid checked, according to the doc, it's normal. I think there's something going on internally....doesn't make sense.
I was like this two weeks ago. The weight is finally starting to budge! Hang in there!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
If I bring 2 cups of sliced cucumbers to work for lunch am I on program? Do I have to eat lettuce with them?
That's what I did today! Warmed in the microwave with some cinnamon and WF caramel dip, topped with crumbed Apple Cinnamon Soy Puffs. Delicious!

I don't eat lettuce every day and my coach hasn't said anything, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'm supposed to. I'll have to ask her this Saturday.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 275/231/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Hmmm, maybe I should be trying green tea as well...

LOSINGOFRLIFE2010- Is romaine allowed to be eaten unlimited?
Hello CWPHY,

I was told by my coach that all Lettuce, including Romain, and Spanich was unlimited as well as Cucumber, and Celery.

Not sure what other coaches are saying but you may want to check this with your own coach.
Closed Thread