Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
Good morning beautiful IPers!!

Whew! Finals week is over! Woo! I made an A on my final paper and am waiting to hear about my other grades for the week. It's been stressful for sure! And in another 5 weeks I get to do it all over again! LOL!

Good news on the IP front. I HAVE ANKLES!! They usually would swell so much thoughout the day, as would my feet. Now when I am going to bed and putting my lotion on, I can feel and SEE bones under the skin!

Originally Posted by Julia 1573
"I feel so bad this morning... Last night (second day on IP) I had an emotional breakdown and ate about 400 calories of carbs and sugar. Is it normal to feel stressed out, anxious and out of control? I'm going back to work on Tuesday and I am scared of not being able to stick to the plan. I know that if I can't handle the pressure, I will start eating junk food again. My husband says that it's all in my head, that I'm the one putting everything on my shoulders. Please share your motivational stories with me!"

You are not alone! I am on week 4 and have had these feelings when I let myself get too tired. It is normal. Think of processed flour/carbs and sugar as a drug. You are coming down from that high. It’s never easy, but it will get less difficult. I find that if I wait until I am hungry to worry about a meal, I have more cravings and it’s harder. I’ve had those emotional breakdown where you feel like you’re being punished and you try to convince yourself one little cheat won’t hurt. My best advice is to not let yourself get hungry and listen to your husband. I’ve found they can be our best advocates.

Make sure you open the window first. My weight does that. In fact it went up a pound this morning. Our weight fluctuates throughout the week and even throughout the day. If you are having difficulty with it, commit to only weighing once per week on weight in day. I check mine everyday because I had been in the dark about my weight for so long, I’ve vowed to never do that again. But I also understand how my body weight can fluctuate and it doesn’t freak me out to go up a tad. When you weigh as much as me, anything a pound or less is no big deal. With all of this water I’m drinking I could probably pee a pound.
I too have recently found my ankles. isn't it a great feeling?! It was definitely something I didn't really think about when starting this program which made it an even bigger plus for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunladybug22 View Post
Great job!!!

I actually have a question (maybe a dumb one)...how do I update my tickers without starting from scratch every time???
Go into your user CP, edit signature and updates your numbers there
Old 04-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Height: 5'7"

Ugh. I have a hole in my stomach today that just will not be filled. Making me crazy!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #33  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

i have a couple of strange NSVs to share today. i guess i'll just go in order. the guy who works at the corner store has known me for years and the other day he said "you lost a lot of weight, huh?". he asked me if i've been exercising and then he told me that he could hardly recognize me anymore! i thought that was insane and super flattering. i also saw a friend of mine who i haven't seen in maybe 6 months or so and she said "oh my god, laura, you are TINY!!". she called me "tiny"!!! that made me very happy. last night, a friend of mine from the trivia that i go to every monday told me that she has a bunch of vintage dresses that are too small for her that she wants to give me. this really surprised me because she is not a big lady and i thought there is no way that i'm smaller than her. i told my best friend about it and he said that i am definitely smaller than her - my brain just doesn't recognize it yet. so i am very excited about getting new dresses since none of mine really fit anymore! my last NSV is a bit more strange for me... i have been getting a lot of attention from boys lately. this is very new to me. i've already started "dating" someone for the last few weeks, and last night i met another guy that i have a lot in common with and really liked. i'd maybe like to see where it goes. i'm nervous because i've never had to date multiple people at once, but i guess this is normal for single girls? it's all so strange to me!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #34  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Congrats Laura on you NSVs. I say if you're comfortable with it, go ahead and date multiple. I always do until there is a commitment.

As for me, I am doing pretty good today. I will get in a little WATPs later. I want to walk but just not overdo it. Last time I did, my weight loss slowed considerably.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
i have a couple of strange NSVs to share today. i guess i'll just go in order. the guy who works at the corner store has known me for years and the other day he said "you lost a lot of weight, huh?". he asked me if i've been exercising and then he told me that he could hardly recognize me anymore! i thought that was insane and super flattering. i also saw a friend of mine who i haven't seen in maybe 6 months or so and she said "oh my god, laura, you are TINY!!". she called me "tiny"!!! that made me very happy. last night, a friend of mine from the trivia that i go to every monday told me that she has a bunch of vintage dresses that are too small for her that she wants to give me. this really surprised me because she is not a big lady and i thought there is no way that i'm smaller than her. i told my best friend about it and he said that i am definitely smaller than her - my brain just doesn't recognize it yet. so i am very excited about getting new dresses since none of mine really fit anymore! my last NSV is a bit more strange for me... i have been getting a lot of attention from boys lately. this is very new to me. i've already started "dating" someone for the last few weeks, and last night i met another guy that i have a lot in common with and really liked. i'd maybe like to see where it goes. i'm nervous because i've never had to date multiple people at once, but i guess this is normal for single girls? it's all so strange to me!
WOW! I'm sure you are on a high with all the flattery. You've worked hard for that so enjoy it. Multiple guys....oohlala! I think the last time I had multiple guys interested in me was when I was in the army....they're desperate for female attention.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #36  
Started IP March 29, 2011

S/C/G: 220/IP:177/**ticker**/140

Height: 5'5

Default Starving!

Hi everyone!
I've been on IP for 5 weeks now, and I am still always hungry. I follow the program, 3 IP packets a day, and one meal on my own (using between 6-8 oz of approved protein). I never miss my 4 cups of veggies a day and sometimes eat up to 2 heads of iceberg lettuce a day because I am so hungry! I have always had a big appetite...I am trying to overcome binge eating.

Sometimes I am so hungry I eat more than the 4 cups of veggies and sometimes add in extra protein during the day, a couple of egg whites here and there. I only eat the select veggies, and I haven't used any of the restricted products. I use WF dressing and tweak them a bit with more spices and apple cider vinegar to give them more flavor.

Has anyone else had a problem with being hungry all the time? I think about food all day long. I am seeing results, I'm down 11 pounds, but don't know what to do about the hunger. I was told by my coach that after the first week people aren't hungry anymore, but I haven't seen that happen. He just keeps telling me to eat more iceberg.

I am a bit surprised though that I haven't lost more than 11 pounds after 5 weeks...I'm wondering if I'm eating too much iceberg? They say it's unlimited, but I'm not sure if they anticipated an appetite like mine. I've also been eating SF jello...about a cup a day in the evening to help fill me up...I'm hoping that is ok, since I only eat the select veggies and non restricted items.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:32 PM   #37  
Started IP - 4/11/2011

S/C/G: 203/193/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
Ugh. I have a hole in my stomach today that just will not be filled. Making me crazy!
Hi Hollyfer,

Try some hot green tea. It helps curb the growls for a little while ;-)

Hi all,

Happy Tuesday! Day 15 and going strong. I am having to keep reminding myself why I'm on this diet. Sometimes I just want to eat at least one thing I shouldn't :-( I just look forward to the day when I can have fruit again and maybe a bagle...lol!
I am definitely learning a lot about myself though, I was eating way too much. It's amazing to me how a chicken breast and salad can fill me up. Where before it would have been a chicken breast, huge mound of steamed white rice and a small portion of veggies. I'm also learning I have way more will power than I gave myself credit for. I have cheated a little but I cheated by adding one more egg to my 2 egg dinner....whoops :-)
Even though there are times throughout the day I want to just fall off the wagon and stuff my face, I find I want to see myself at my goal weight even more! Praying for the pounds to start dropping soon!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwphy View Post
Hi everyone!
I've been on IP for 5 weeks now, and I am still always hungry. I follow the program, 3 IP packets a day, and one meal on my own (using between 6-8 oz of approved protein). I never miss my 4 cups of veggies a day and sometimes eat up to 2 heads of iceberg lettuce a day because I am so hungry! I have always had a big appetite...I am trying to overcome binge eating.

Sometimes I am so hungry I eat more than the 4 cups of veggies and sometimes add in extra protein during the day, a couple of egg whites here and there. I only eat the select veggies, and I haven't used any of the restricted products. I use WF dressing and tweak them a bit with more spices and apple cider vinegar to give them more flavor.

Has anyone else had a problem with being hungry all the time? I think about food all day long. I am seeing results, I'm down 11 pounds, but don't know what to do about the hunger. I was told by my coach that after the first week people aren't hungry anymore, but I haven't seen that happen. He just keeps telling me to eat more iceberg.

I am a bit surprised though that I haven't lost more than 11 pounds after 5 weeks...I'm wondering if I'm eating too much iceberg? They say it's unlimited, but I'm not sure if they anticipated an appetite like mine. I've also been eating SF jello...about a cup a day in the evening to help fill me up...I'm hoping that is ok, since I only eat the select veggies and non restricted items.
hey there! from what I have read on this site, and personal experience, I see a couple of things. 1) you should be eating Romaine lettuce not iceberg, simply because of the main amts of vitamins etc that is IN Romaine, and in much much less quantities in iceberg. So switch the lettuce. 2) you may NEED to have a restricted (1) per day, in order to get your hunger under control. Perhaps your body needs the extra carbs to curb the hunger. I am sure you will get a lot more advice from the others as well... for now, that was the most apparent to me....... your body needs the extra carbs the ONE restricted will give you... I am suspecting
Old 04-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
My advice to you would be not only up your protein, but you need to up your calories. Protein is not a good energy source for working out, it will help build and repair what exercise and lifting does to your muscles and body. Your energy comes from fuel you have to burn which are calories. You need calories to burn during your workouts so you do not get "wiped" out. I am personally having a drink before and after workout, but I lift and not a lot of cardio. Days that I lift, I am going to consume an extra 500 calories at least.

Just some thoughts.
What would your suggestions be for upping my calories, like more veggies, ect? More packets? Just eat a little more at meals? I`m not sure how to up the calories with what I`m eating other than just eat more. I mean without going out of ketosis.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #40  
Started IP March 29, 2011

S/C/G: 220/IP:177/**ticker**/140

Height: 5'5

Hmmm, maybe I should be trying green tea as well...

LOSINGOFRLIFE2010- Is romaine allowed to be eaten unlimited?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:53 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I'm crazy busy today, but just a drive by to let you know the results of my WI: another 2 lbs gone!

Old 04-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #42  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwphy View Post
Hmmm, maybe I should be trying green tea as well...

LOSINGOFRLIFE2010- Is romaine allowed to be eaten unlimited?
Yes, romaine is unlimited!
Old 04-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #43  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Way to go Laura on all the NSV's! You are still young enjoy the dating phase of your life. Enjoy every single minute of it. Congrats to you!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day today and congrats to all WI's and NSV's today.

Off to Kleinfelds in a few to support a very good friend of my that is getting married. Maybe she will be saying "Yes to the Dress" today.

Have a wonderful night everyone!
Old 04-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
What would your suggestions be for upping my calories, like more veggies, ect? More packets? Just eat a little more at meals? I`m not sure how to up the calories with what I`m eating other than just eat more. I mean without going out of ketosis.
I walk for exercise. Yesterday my coach told me to eat an extra packet that is higher in carb count but not restricted. I had the chocolate pudding which has 7 carbs. That will definitely not kick you out of ketosis but will help your body have enough energy for activity. Other than that, I am not sure. I'm interested to hear everyone's suggestions.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #45  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
Looking at your numbers and being so close to your weightloss goal, you probably do not have much fat on you left to lose. Only you know how much you have left to lose. I would even think about moving to phase 2 or beyond and uping your calories there. I would definitely add a packet before and maybe one after, might have to experiment with it. As far as ketosis goes i wouldn't worry about it anymore with as little as you have left to lose if you are going to be exercising and doing activity. These are just thoughts. Hope it helps some. You need calories to have fuel for workouts.
Closed Thread