Old 03-08-2011, 07:21 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

I have two family friends that did IP at a local doctor's office and lost weight very quickly. Like other's, I thought it was too restrictive, and thought it would be too difficult to keep the weight off. And I thought it was too expensive for my family. But my husband encouraged me to look into it more, and told me he would work OT to help pay for it, if I wanted to do it. So I read the web site, and Dr. Tran's site, and then another search led me here. After reading about the phases, and especially the maintenance phase, I decided to do it. Also seeing my friends successfully maintain, has been encouragement for me.

I am not only doing this for me, but I have a daughter who is also overweight, and I want her to see that I can lose weight, and keep it off. And help her learn how to eat healthier foods, and hopefully be an inspiration to her to be healthier.
brandam6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:04 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

wow so many inspirational stories here . Last July I was DESPERATE to lose weight having been on and off 'diets' in the past. I was even attending classes at Good LIfe gym 5-6x a week! Body pump, bodyjam etc... religiously...so yes, gained some muscle, toned up a bit, but the numbers were NOT going down! I could not figure it out, as I was logging my food, taking in water, staying at 1200 cal per day. (NOW, i looked back at those old logs and saw I was taking in over 100 carbs PER DAY !!!) I emailed my friend who was on IP and had lost 30 lbs... told her that i contacted the 'slimband' people and will get information. She freaked. It is about 16000$... dont have that available so of course it would be a medical loan, I reasoned. She said, ok, IF you are this serious, I will explain to you how IP works... and she passed me the protocol page for phase 1. Thank god! I started Aug 4 and could not believe it when I FINALLY broke out of the 200's with NO exercise...I was in shock!!!!! i have found the eating plan that works for me. I go up and down now for over a month, between 166 and 169.... but that is purly my fault as I know i have cheats once in a while... but get right back on plan the next day. It is ME to decide to push forward and get OUT of the 60's now... but yes, this plan is amazing. It does work, and I am so very very thankful to a wonderful friend that shared with a very desperate woman.

Last edited by LOSINGFORGOOD2010; 03-08-2011 at 08:05 AM.
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #18  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Love hearing all of these stories!

I found out about the program in the Fall of '10. I saw a close friend of mine after not seeing her for a year and she looked fab? I asked her what her secret was and she said IP, she had dropped 60 pounds in 5 months. I decided to do some research for 3 months before hoping aboard in Jan '11. She has since phased off but she sends me weekly texts to see how I am doing and if I have a question she usually answers it. Besides you guys on this forum she has been also a big help to me. If it was not for her I would still be 276 lb and miserable.
Beachbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #19  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

Height: 5'6

I found out about IP HERE! On 3FC! I'm not a very active poster, but when I started having problems losing on Atkins, I scoured different low carb forums looking for answers. I saw somebody reference "IP" and wondered what it was, I had never heard of it or seen it before. I looked into it and eventually ended up on the IP website, I thought I'd never tried a "pre packaged" before and I thought it just wouldn't work for me. I continued to have problems with Atkins and drove myself crazy with all the variables, I ended up thinking, "Hey, maybe a more structured, controlled diet would be better!". I was hesitant about the money, like everybody else, but I'm willing to make the sacrifice and have an extremely tight budget in order to change my life.
TatiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 164/156/140

Height: 5'8"

Found out about it from my sister, she had lost 20lbs and 32 inches. I knew I had to give it a try
Susanmly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #21  

Your story is soooo inspiring! (sgorny... sorry I don't know your first name)
I was having blood sugar issues these past couple weeks... I was diagnosed diabetic in the 90's.. then lost a bunch of weight low carbing and never had a blood sugar problem again until recently. I can just tell things aren't right and can't get to the doctor until the 24th so one of my dearest friends (who has a clinic) told me I just had to do this NOW, so I listened.

I actually feel really good for the first day. How was it for you? Did it take a long time to get into the swing of it or did it click right away? I'm desperate to feel better so I think that's helping. :-)

Thanks for anything you can share! (and everyone else, too :-)

Jayden
Jayden Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #22  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

My aunt who is a physician's assistant, found out about it at her chiropractor and lost 20 lbs. I followed her protocol, because the ladies who were running IP in my town are "iffy" at best, long way from knowledgeable. Another aunt began it through her local doctor's office after she saw my 60+ loss.
wyoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #23  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

A close friend of mine gave me a brochure along with a heartfelt letter telling me how IP had helped her daughter and she thought it could help me. She knew I had been struggling with my weight and that I had given up on finding anything that would work for me. I give her a lot of credit for getting up the nerve to say something to me without being sure of my reaction. I did some research and found this site which helped me make the decision to "go for it". That friend is still a great cheerleader for me and I thank her often for the help. I have had many people ask me how I have lost so much weight so quickly and I tell them but I don't think any have tried it yet. I'm still hoping to be an inspiration to someone else!
Mamadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

The gym I've been going to for the past three years, Swann (circuit for women similar to Curves), started carrying IP. I was skeptical at first but after being in a plateau for over a year (maintenance?) and seeing the product fly off the shelves like hotcakes while working out,I attended an information session, did lots of research and found this forum. I have finally decided to try it. I am starting on Monday and I just hope it is as good as it seems to be and that I am strong enough to actually do it.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 03-11-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:34 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 210/172/137

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
Hey,

For me, I'm very thankful to my lovely cousin at Christmas for letting me know her beauty secret. IP!!

How did you discover this diet?
My chiropractors office, I wanted to lose weight quick before back surgery and to try to avoid the operation
hollybear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:33 AM   #26  

So I looked at the website...but was wondering if anyone could tell me the cost and how many shakes they are drinking per day.
I just ordered a pack from newlifestyle and love them, but was wondering how you all followed this plan and maybe I will try it after these run out.
mommy2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:43 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 365/TICKER/300

Height: 5'10"

My girlfriend lost 55 lbs. on IP, and posted her losses on Facebook. Having tried SEVERAL diets during my life time, I knew that IP was onto something with the regulation of carbs. It was my friend's info that sparked my interest, then I came onto 3FC to research the heck out of the program. My friend is now a coach in her area (with her local chiropractor's office), and she regularly emails me to see how I'm doing - when you finally find something that works, you want to shout it from the mountain tops!!!
condanchri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #28  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

A neighbor lost close to 40 pounds in about 4 months and another friend lost 15 in a few weeks. I did a lot of research for about 2 months before deciding it was right to me. The science of this works! You can't eat carbs if you want your body to shed fat. I was only successful on WW when I was getting insane amounts of exercise. I always just "knew" my body needed more protein' now I know I was right.

My biggest issue was deciding it was ok to eat splenda. I still plan to stay away from it once I'm at goal, but I must admit I've learned a lot about artificial sweeteners. My guess is that they will eventually reformulate to use Stevia (if it's feasible).

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 03-13-2011 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Typo
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 246(H)/238(IP)/(ticker)/150

Height: 5'3"

I found out about IP from two of my husband's coworkers. One--a chef--while in the midst of opening a new restaurant specializing in bar food, lost over 100 lbs in a year! Not to say my willpower is anywhere near his, but if he could feel satisfied enough to lose so much while pumping out amazing food he couldn't eat, then I figured I may have a chance. Plus, I admit, I do want a quick fix, and I hate exercise. I can do this for a year, especially if that means my outside me will finally match the inside me (no more avoiding adventures because I'm too big).
nerdigrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #30  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
I'm still hoping to be an inspiration to someone else!

You already ARE an inspiration!!!

My friend's hairdresser was on IP. Each month my friend would go for a trim and notice how much weight the hairdresser was losing!! LOL!! She finally asked what her secret was. Plus, the IP center was right next door!!

So now my friend, my husband, and myself are all doing IP together!!

Fingers crossed ....this is it!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote