Old 03-17-2011, 06:26 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - 17 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To see what you missed yesterday: Wednesday, 16 March 2011
EatAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:38 AM   #2  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Happy St. Pat's Day everyone

I hope everyone has a great on Protocol day! Good luck to all WI's today!
Beachbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning my IP friends! Today is my WI day, as well as my birthday! Let's hope my weigh in starts off the day on a good note! IP is the best gift I have given myself in a long time, but after the weigh in I am going to the outlet mall to buy myself something nice today.

SIGH...I am going to miss having a green beer today!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Last edited by brandam6; 03-17-2011 at 06:47 AM.
brandam6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/257/150 HW350

Height: 7/15/15. Restart. Reached 1st goal 10/14/15

Oh let me confess my sin from last night..... I had my boiled shrimp, onions, and mushrooms last night while my sons had buffalo wings.... I was full but we kept talking about how my baby son was going to be 18. Well you know what happened next......12 buffalo wings down. Didnt even realize it that I ate them. Cant stop my journey just have to move on and get through today. If my son says I am a man one more time, I will SCREAM!!!!! LOL
Have a great ST. PATRICKS DAY!!!! Stay of plan everyone
Slimbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbound View Post
Oh let me confess my sin from last night..... I had my boiled shrimp, onions, and mushrooms last night while my sons had buffalo wings.... I was full but we kept talking about how my baby son was going to be 18. Well you know what happened next......12 buffalo wings down. Didnt even realize it that I ate them. Cant stop my journey just have to move on and get through today. If my son says I am a man one more time, I will SCREAM!!!!! LOL
At some point you had to realize you were licking your fingers but you were fighting with yourself over stopping...this happens to all of us..all of us..and
the next day we say why..we didn't get heavy by eating light ... next time instead of saying no no and then eating 12 wings..you should just start out saying ok..i'm going to eat 3 wings..eat them and be done with it..its the telling yourself no..and then you wouldn't eat all 12 and you still had control and a stopping point...
Have a great day today...just refocus...:luck 2you:: drinkup:
JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Default Red suit

Well its time..I'm going to start my search for the perfect red swimsuit...
I'm right at my goal and i'm swimsuit ready...Its about time to add a training and start taking my new body and getting it tone..I want to be able to do some hiking and walks ....I don't have all that extra weight to carry..so i'm going to start a new bucket list..that does not inclue sitting infront of the TV..
its about enjoying life and moving this new body of mine...its a new chapter..

JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #7  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning IPer's. WI #10 for me today and I am down another 4.2#'s. Gone for good! Hope everyone has a wonderful St. Patricks Day and that we all stay on protocol! We can do it! Will we miss our normal celebration ways??? Most likely, but we can look at ourselves in the mirror the next day and say LOOK AT WHAT I HAVE DONE TO IMPROVE MY LIFE. I can celebrate St. Pats day next year with GREEN BEER and all the yummy foods! WE CAN ALL GET THROUGH THIS ONE DAY!

We are going to a party tonight that will have a lot of drinking and snack foods. I will be able to resist and so can all of you!

Have a wonderful day!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:21 AM   #8  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Good morning my IP friends! Today is my WI day, as well as my birthday! Let's hope my weigh in starts off the day on a good note! IP is the best gift I have given myself in a long time, but after the weigh in I am going to the outlet mall to buy myself something nice today.

Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day! I am sure you will have a great WI today!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default mother

Well my mother got off the plane and didn' recognize me because I have cut all my long hair off and had it lightened. She never said she like it, she said it makes me look taller with short hair. HEY, WHAT ABOUT THE 30 LBS?
I never said anything, I'm waiting to see if she notices today. By my scale I'm down 30.2. I really don't care if she does notice, but I thought it was obvious since I did see her at Christmas time at 214...................I know, I'm 55 I shoudn't still let t bother me.
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Happy St. Pat's Day everyone

I hope everyone has a great on Protocol day! Good luck to all WI's today!
Put some green food coloring in your water today since you can't have green beer!
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #11  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Happy Birthday!

Brandy...Happy Birthday. Hope this day is everything you wish for. You are right. You have already given yourself the greatest gift. Enjoy!

Judogirl...You look fabulous!! Have fun finding the perfect red suit. We want pictures!

Lynn
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #12  
argiles2002

Default Hungry?

So I'm about halfway through week 4 on the diet. After weigh in # 3 my total amount lost was 12 lbs and 16 inches. I wish it were more...but I know that not everyone is the same and some people just lose it a little slower than others. Anyway, the last couple of weeks have been hard because I haven't been hungry and have had to force myself to eat all of the required food. My cravings were gone too though, which was a good thing. All of a sudden though, my hunger is back with a vengeance. The last 2 days I have felt hungry all day and am having a lot of cravings. I have stayed on plan and haven't cheated at all, but I know I've been grumpy. Do others go through this too?
argiles2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #13  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by argiles2002 View Post
So I'm about halfway through week 4 on the diet. After weigh in # 3 my total amount lost was 12 lbs and 16 inches. I wish it were more...but I know that not everyone is the same and some people just lose it a little slower than others. Anyway, the last couple of weeks have been hard because I haven't been hungry and have had to force myself to eat all of the required food. My cravings were gone too though, which was a good thing. All of a sudden though, my hunger is back with a vengeance. The last 2 days I have felt hungry all day and am having a lot of cravings. I have stayed on plan and haven't cheated at all, but I know I've been grumpy. Do others go through this too?
I have been feeling really hungry (9 weeks in) plus feeling weak in the afternoon. My coach had me add a hard boiled egg or two and yesterday was the first day and I did feel much better. Maybe you just need some extra protein or an extra packet?

p.s.- Does anyone constantly dream about ONEderland? I haven't seen a number on the scale that starts with a "1" for probably 12 years and I can reach out and touch it now!
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:36 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Good morning and happy St-Patrick's Day!

Day 4 for me...

As so many of you have said (and I was starting to have trouble believing), I am feeling MUCH better today! ...much more like myself. I have peripheral vision again, I feel more "with it" and I can smile again... except that we are going through a very sad situation in my family right now (It's never easy to see a loved one suffering and to know that you are going to have to let go soon). It's also a very busy time at work and I have a big deadline to meet by end of day.

I think I can do it (IP) now! I have stayed 100% on track with NO restricted so far... but God help me if I have to swallow down another one of those soups today! I brought a steak to work in case I can't handle another packet but I had a chocolate drink box for breakfast and I may have the cereal for lunch with a salad (instead of the steak). My coach said I would be hungry with just a drink for breakfast but so far so good (I have hard boiled eggs here with me if that happens - my coach says I can have the whites if I get hungry during the first two weeks). I have also decided to go up to 2 potassium per day. I think I need it!

I told myself that I would not step on the scale until my WI at the gym on Monday but I just couldn't help myself this morning. So far, I seem to be going down about 1 lb per day. I was 170.4 lbs this morning (down 4 lbs). Unreal!

Thank you so much to everyone for their words of encouragement and even sometimes for the kick in the pants! ...I am sure I will need more before this is done! Once I get the hang of this, I can participate more as well.

Brandy: Happy Birthday!

JudoGirl: Awesome! I hope you find the perfect red bathing suit and fully enjoy!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 03-17-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:39 AM   #15  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post

Happy Birthday. It's great that you are going to buy yourself something nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbound View Post
Pick yourself up, dust yourself off... Today is a brand new day. From what I've read on these boards, keep the carbs as low as possible today to minimize the damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning IPer's. WI #10 for me today and I am down another 4.2#'s. Gone for good! Hope everyone has a wonderful St. Patricks Day and that we all stay on protocol! We can do it! Will we miss our normal celebration ways??? Most likely, but we can look at ourselves in the mirror the next day and say LOOK AT WHAT I HAVE DONE TO IMPROVE MY LIFE. I can celebrate St. Pats day next year with GREEN BEER and all the yummy foods! WE CAN ALL GET THROUGH THIS ONE DAY!

We are going to a party tonight that will have a lot of drinking and snack foods. I will be able to resist and so can all of you!

Have a wonderful day!
Well said! Great attitude. Have a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Well my mother got off the plane and didn' recognize me because I have cut all my long hair off and had it lightened. She never said she like it, she said it makes me look taller with short hair. HEY, WHAT ABOUT THE 30 LBS?
I never said anything, I'm waiting to see if she notices today. By my scale I'm down 30.2. I really don't care if she does notice, but I thought it was obvious since I did see her at Christmas time at 214...................I know, I'm 55 I shoudn't still let t bother me.
Oh, man. What a bummer... I think that's allowed to bother you regardless of your age. Is this typical for her or did it take you by surprise? I hope she notices today, or sees how you are eating and asks you... I know it's rough when people aren't supportive and/or don't notice things that are important to us.

Also, what were you wearing? I know that when I wear my frumpy big clothes it's hard to tell that I've lost 20lbs (I lost some on WW before IP, but it took me 6 months to get down 10lbs). When I dress in more streamlined clothes, I actually do look and feel thinner.

Everyone here thinks you look fantastic!!
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote