Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 02:03 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruralchick View Post
Well, I just got back from WI #1 and I'm down 7lbs in 6 days! I'm just high on life right now!! I was so nervous heading to the clinic thinking what if I haven't lost anything, what if this whole week was for not? Well, I can tell you it wasn't and I'm ecstatic!! Looking forward to WI #2 next week!!

I know this is not what to expect in future weeks but it's a jumpstart that will keep me motivated!!

Thank you to all of you experienced IPers here, I have spent most of my free time this week reading, reading, reading...and it has helped more than I can tell you. (Especially the first 3 days lol).

6 days and 1/10th of my way to my goal!!
Congratulations on a fantastic jumpstart! I know how much it helped me just reading thru all the posts and getting so much great info and encouragement from all the amazing people in this group. Great goin'
Old 03-04-2011, 02:36 AM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
rocky- i had contemplated the exercise for the reasons you mentioned. i've been OP for about 8 weeks now and currently moving about 1-2 pounds a week. honestly i am just sick of being cooped up in my house. it's been a long winter in wonderful wyoming! so i'm going to the beginner class, mostly to try and learn the steps in preparation for later down the road. just to do something fun for the most part. i'll likely spend more time tripping over my own feet than really getting my heart rate up anyways..

moretolove- sorry to beat the alternates and real food options drum again but.... all i did was read dr. tran's book and follow the program as listed in the back. i use mostly animal proteins and whey protein powder that i get in bulk at costco. at around $1 per serving, it is very affordable and 100% achievable. Good luck!

beachbella- ditto on the change it up by adding a serving or two. make your body wonder what you are up to instead of same, same, same. just for 1-2 days, then strict back up. try it for about 2 weeks and see if you get better results.

jd- i have a little better luck wrapping my veggies in paper towels than the plastic wrap or bags. keeps the moisture from building up on them. my mom likes the green bags tho. the other thing i do is prepare alot of one thing at a time. example cauliflower rice. then i can actually freeze a bowl of it prepared if i need to eat at a later date. i also try not to wash, peel, chop anything until i'm ready to use.
thanx rondar, that was going to be my next question, how do i even begin? i will definitely check out the good Dr.s book so I have an idea how to begin and how to follow the plan...
Old 03-04-2011, 06:23 AM   #78  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default This thread is now closed...

...but please help us get this party started on this weekend's chat: 4-6 March 2011
Old 03-04-2011, 07:42 AM   #79  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
I know all you east-coasters and europeans have been waiting up to find out how WI#3 went for me. I'm pleased with the 2.4 lbs I lost but wish it had been a little higher. It might be coming near TOM? If so, I'm going to ROCK this coming week and hope to be at a 15 lb loss by my b-day. (3/12)

I went to Target after my weigh in and realized that at any given time I could be walking past any one of you (OK, not ANY one of you, but SOME of you) and I would never know...
I think that a good weigh-in. And I'll meet you on Unter von Linden (the street).
Old 03-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #80  
started IP: Jan 24th 2011

S/C/G: 195/173/125

Height: 5'2"

Thanks everyone who took the time to welcome me & also a very big THANK YOU for the advice & tips... I will surely incorporate some of your ideas into my weekend!
Old 03-05-2011, 03:35 AM   #81  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Ladies thank you for responding I really appreciate it.

1st Linden - honestly the whole vitamin c issue is more of me not wanting to take any more supplements/pills. I feel like all I am doing is popping pills these days...(please laugh). I did read up on it and will try it. You are absolutely right waiting an additional 7 days is way too long. I have a monthly doc appt with my primary care phys. tomorrow so I will be bringing the Novi Cleanse bottles with me and ask what she suggests. The only meds that I am on are highblood pressure meds. Diovan and amlodipine.

Carla - Besides taking all my IP supplements that IP offers including the enzymes I am also on the Novi cleanse that is an option through our IP Coaches.

Novi-Renal Bottle- ash tree extract 31.25 mg, bearberry extract 25 mg, birch tree extract 15.63 mg
Novi-Pur Bottle- barberry extract 81mg, dandelion 61 mg, sarsaparilla extract 41 mg, burdock extract 41 mg, chamomile extract 40 mg, cascara sagrada extract 27 mg, sage extract 24 mg, yellow dock root extract 20.3 mg

Novi-Lax Bottle- Psyllium 250 mg, Aloe Vera 150 mg, Prune 50 mg.

I am taking 4 Novi Renal and 4 Novi Pur a day. AM and PM after meals and then taking 2 Novi Lax before bed with my enzymes. I honestly can't figure out why I am having this problem. Protein wise I eat fish, chicken, turkey, lean pork, 1 x a week beef. I also make sure I have at least 1 tsp of olive oil a day some times I use a little more. I am interested in this sea salt flush you speak of. I think I am going to plan on doing this Friday night into Saturday and see how I feel. Thank you for the idea.

Thank you both again. I will give the vitamin c and sea salt flush a try
Hey there!!

Just seeing this. I can't see any reason why you would be backed up with all the ingredients in the novi cleanse.

On the other hand..... ARE YOU STILL TAKING THE Ideal Protein POTASSIUM?? If so, please, call your Doctor. Diovan and Amlodipine are both contraindicated to potassium. AND, having too much potassium can lead to constipation.

Your coach should not have you on those med with potassium unless you have consulted your doctor. PLEASE, do so and explain you have been on a cleanse and are still having constipation. Better safe than sorry.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:55 PM   #82  
Restarted March 1, 2013

S/C/G: 191/155/140

Height: 5'2"

[QUOTE=showgirlaz;3740804]Cucumbers are great as a warm side dish! Try cooking them in just a tiny bit of olive oil, with some dill or mint, salt, and a bit of pepper. They are good with a touch of soy, red pepper, or a dash of chili oil too.

You will find several recipes for cooked cucumber if you look at French, European, or Asian recipes.

Cucumbers cut long wise on a mandolin, like a pasta, then lightly sauted make a lovely noodle bed for some grille tuna or salmon! Some people have made string (angel hair like) noodles from them but, I haven't personally tried it.

HMMM.... seems odd. You should be eliminating. What is in the cleanse? If you are having too much of a particular vitamin (A for instance) or an imbalance of calcium/magnesium, magnesium, manganese, or potassium. It can lead to constipation. ALSO, if you have not had much fatty foods or oils lately it could make it hard for the body to eliminate easily. Increasing olive oil or omega oil for a bit could help. Also, sugars/carbs help our bodies move that excess water to the colon for proper absorption and elimination. Depending on your body, it may not have enough to do this step as efficiently as needed.

Just some ideas.

Have you thought about doing a sea salt water flush? It will work for many people and very quickly.

Use 1 liter of water and between 2tsp and 1 tablespoon of sea salt (you can adjust this to your body response as some people may require a tsp or so more.)

Mix a solution of sea salt and room temperature water.

Drink the solution as quickly as you can. You may feel a bit full but keep drinking. If you take to long it will make your gag reflex activate. The high volume of salt and water will rapidly move through your system. It will not leave you with a high sodium impact for the day.

Once you take the solution, you will have to be on guard, a bowel movement WILL be shortly coming. Sometimes it is a fast 5 or even 15 minutes, but generally in 30-60 minutes between taking it and the first movement. The last movements will begin to wind down an hour or so after they begin. Typically you will have between 2 and 7 bowel movements and the effects of more free bowel movements may last 2 days.

Your stomach will rumble a bit and for awhile. Let it. You also should be careful to avoid passing "gas" that might not be. When you finally go, it will at first be a lot of the solution, water really. That is just the start.

Most people prefer to do this in the comfort of there home,

Great Advice, worked great - thank you
Old 03-08-2011, 12:01 AM   #83  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdietever View Post

Great Advice, worked great - thank you

You're welcome!
Closed Thread