Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #181  

Pegsi- AWESOME work!! Glad you didn't give up. You deserve it.

Ontario- THAT is just amazing! Makes you want to stick with it if you were second guessing it huh?
Old 02-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #182  

Height: 5'4"

Hello, just wonder about the magnesium citrate supplements. I am feeling backed up. I can only find it in capsule form - 150mg/capsule. How many should I take and when (just before bed?)

TIA
Old 02-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #183  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Well ladies and gents I finally did it! Its not official but this morning

!!!!!!!139!!!!!!!!!
OMG you have no idea! Don't give up! I was stuck for weeks and was seriously thinking of quitting. But look what happened!
Way to go!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Morning everyone
I just have a quick second to check in before I'm off for the day but wanted to share with you all. Had my first official weigh in this morning and although she didn't measure me this week I am down.....

14.5 lbs

I couldn't be happier! Thank you all so much for helping me through this week. I'm looking forward to the new me!
That is fantastic!!! Now you know you can do it!!! You should be very proud of yourself. Here is to another great week
Old 02-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Well ladies and gents I finally did it! Its not official but this morning

!!!!!!!139!!!!!!!!!
OMG you have no idea! Don't give up! I was stuck for weeks and was seriously thinking of quitting. But look what happened!
Doing the happy dance You go girl. Thanks for being an inspiration to me. Have a great day.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #186  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Ok, once again I'm running in here for help.

Going out to dinner with the MIL tonight, and we are going to Red Robin (YUM)

I would give my eye tooth for one of their burgers, so I have customizer my burger and it has calculated the the specs for me... (very cool webpage I must say) So what do you guys thing? Seems like a lot of fat (but then again, I don't know now many grams of fat I'm getting daily) and the sugar has me worried.

Shroom Burger - Patty and mushrooms only. No sauce, no bun, no cheese, no garlic butter....

Cal: 421
Fat: 28 g
Sodium 482 g
Carbs: 8 g
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 33 g
Weight: 282g - this seem way over weight, maybe eating 1/2 of the patty?
Sugar: 3 g

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.
Hey there Divegirl I am going to jump up to the rafters to post this info to you. lol

My wife and I go to Red Robins lots mostly because of our children. I always order a 5 Alarm Burger and just have them make it bunless wrapped in iceburg lettuce and with no cheese or mayo and instead of fries I ask for a side salad. I have also changed other burgers there I just have the condiments that are not IP friendly removed from my burgers.

Hope this helps and enjoy your meal.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 191/155/155 -- revised to /145

Height: 5'6"

Checking in after a long absence .... wow, lots of new "faces"! Welcome everyone and woo hoo! on all the NSV and weigh-ins this week.

I am officially in Phase 3 now .... my body needs a break and for some reason, those last 2 pounds won't go away! Finally figured it wasn't worth beating myself up over. I need to focus on the 47 pounds that I did lose -- not the 2 that seem to be hanging on for dear life!

I am having trouble with Phase 3 ... I really like the convenience of a carmel nut bar and a cup of hot tea every morning ... so actually having a real breakfast has been a problem. Trying to get my head around the idea and have put off starting Phase 3 until Monday.

The "good" news is that for the last two weeks, I've been acting like a bratty little kid. Haven't kept a food diary and although on plan 90 percent of the time, I have added an cup of yogurt, a slice of bread, or a small piece of dark chocolate once in a while. But, even doing that, I haven't experienced a weight gain. Makes me think I can keep this off and make good choices.

So, because I know phasing off is so important to the plan's success, I will go back to POP on Monday .... but if all goes well, will be on Phase 4 by mid March.

Now, my own NSV --- I bought a pair of size 8 jeans today!!!!!!!!!! From tight 18s to 8s in 6 months! Thank you, IP and this forum.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #188  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Hey there Divegirl I am going to jump up to the rafters to post this info to you. lol

My wife and I go to Red Robins lots mostly because of our children. I always order a 5 Alarm Burger and just have them make it bunless wrapped in iceburg lettuce and with no cheese or mayo and instead of fries I ask for a side salad. I have also changed other burgers there I just have the condiments that are not IP friendly removed from my burgers.

Hope this helps and enjoy your meal.
LOL - your funny!

Thank you for your suggestions! Have you ever been to their webpage and checked the nutrion facts? That's how I came up with my numbers. I have always loved the Shroom Burgers.. and I'm happy to know that it's in my evening plan and the best thing about it is I will bring half the patty home (since its over the 5 oz's) and I can have it tomorrow for my cooked protein... (wish we had a dancing hamberger) LOL.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
momoffive - did a little research on those muffins. I found this on the site...do not know if this was the recipe or not....

MINI MUFFINS
35ml cold water, mix with 1 pack of Ideal Protein choc. crepe (or orange)
Put in small muffin tins
bake 350 degrees for 10min or put in microwave safe cup for 45 seconds.Can be topped with IP pudding of choice.
thanks so much beachbella..i thought maybe it had other ingredients.. appreciate it!
Old 02-26-2011, 03:30 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Frustrated to the point of quitting

Has anybody else experienced ridiculous mood swings? It seems like I am crying all the time lately for no reason. I don`t feel happy, I`m losing interest in the diet because of boredom and lack of appeal with the food choices from IP. I was expecting to feel better, happier but all I`m feeling is in a slump. My coach has no advice and I feel like I`m hitting a dead end.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Height: 5'6"

Well, congratulaions to everyone on this site I think we all doing great , went shopping today and got into size 10 pants, not to bad size 16 to siz 10 in 3.5 months.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:40 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 200/198/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone! I have officially started the ideal protein diet two days ago and I'm on day 3!! I'm so excited to be doing this and as far as cheating goes, the first day I had one fish cracker, a super tiny bite of kiwi, and an extra portion of lean meat. Although, my coach did tell me to have an extra packet the first week since I would be hungry at first, which I didn't. But other than that, I've been OP since and I am amazed at myself! I never do this good on any diet!! I really feel that I'm gonna do great on this and as I've seen so much success on here with everyone else, I know I can have the same success too!!
I'm gonna be moving next week out of my apartment into a new one, so I will be pretty busy which will def. make things easier for me, but I may not be able to post too much after this weekend.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #193  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio87 View Post
Has anybody else experienced ridiculous mood swings? It seems like I am crying all the time lately for no reason. I don`t feel happy, I`m losing interest in the diet because of boredom and lack of appeal with the food choices from IP. I was expecting to feel better, happier but all I`m feeling is in a slump. My coach has no advice and I feel like I`m hitting a dead end.
Poor Camio, your having a rough time of it. How are you feeling with your sickness? Mood swings are very common, as harmones are stored in your fat cells. How long have you been on protocol?

Have you tried the puddings & drinks? They're real good. Have you checked out the fun with packets thread that I gave you last night?

It just takes a little time to adjust and I PROMISE it does get better, if you can just hang tough you will get thru this. There's a lot of good things to come your way, but you need to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and stay focused on your goal. Can you do that?

Old 02-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Poor Camio, your having a rough time of it. How are you feeling with your sickness? Mood swings are very common, as harmones are stored in your fat cells. How long have you been on protocol?

Have you tried the puddings & drinks? They're real good. Have you checked out the fun with packets thread that I gave you last night?

It just takes a little time to adjust and I PROMISE it does get better, if you can just hang tough you will get thru this. There's a lot of good things to come your way, but you need to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and stay focused on your goal. Can you do that?

I have no desire to eat. I forced myself to have a RTD chocolate drink this morning. It is quarter to three in the afternoon and that is all I have had plus some water. I am heading into my 5th week of the protocol. I have been eating the pudding every day since I started - I am not enjoying it even with modifications (cinammon in chocolate, pumpkin pie in vanilla). I`m not a veggie person to begin with so spinach every day is getting old fast. I`m trying to stay focused on my goal, but with the protocol and the other stress in my life I feel like it is going to make me crazy more than anything else.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #195  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio87 View Post
I have no desire to eat. I forced myself to have a RTD chocolate drink this morning. It is quarter to three in the afternoon and that is all I have had plus some water. I am heading into my 5th week of the protocol. I have been eating the pudding every day since I started - I am not enjoying it even with modifications (cinammon in chocolate, pumpkin pie in vanilla). I`m not a veggie person to begin with so spinach every day is getting old fast. I`m trying to stay focused on my goal, but with the protocol and the other stress in my life I feel like it is going to make me crazy more than anything else.
You dont have a desire to eat because of Kitosis, and that's a good thing! But you must eat to avoid your body going into starvation mode. Have you tried the drinks? What about having a protein bar (restricted) for lunch. Who was it, hmmm Rondar I think blending spinach with her drinks just to get the veggies down. She saids you cant even taste them, just makes it green.. lol If the truth be known, I'm never cared much for veggies either unless they are smothered with all kind of no-nos. But I am on a mission to get this weight off and get on with my life.

Are you taking all your supplements?

All I can tell you is take this one day at a time and one pound at a time. I'm sorry this plan is stressing you, and I know it takes a lot of planning to do this, but it will be worth it in the end.

You never answered.... How's your sickness.
Closed Thread