Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #46  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

[QUOTE=juiceman11;3665149]Back from WI #2 - lost 8.2# this week for a total of 17.8 in the 11 days I have been on IP. Lost 2.5" from my chest, 2" from my waist and 1" from my hips. It was a great WI. Around 16% body fat lost. This is working quickly and I feel I can keep doing this.
Quote:

Question....can you consume too much apple cider vinegar or vinegars for that matter? Can it be harmful? Can it mess with the Ph of our systems?
WOW! Congratulations and a big for you!

My coach said no apple cider vinegar, but as much white vinegar as I want. I'm not sure why, because apple cider vinegar is 0 across the board.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 235/lowest185/now200/160

Height: 5'6"

Still about EVO Carla, doctor Tran Tien Chanh's website says 2 tbsp is this different protocol anyways ? I have been taking 2 tsp but thinking if that is too little but the difference between those calories and fats are HUGE!! Ok, I'll stop asking now but it seems to be different advices between the couches and even here.

Last edited by bulleriina; 01-20-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #48  
ALM
Started IP 12/01/2010

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
Good morning all,

Question of the day
: Is anyone else getting sick of hearing how unhealthy this and it is bad for us to eat protein and lose weight?

My coworkers are driving me nuts! constantly asking what i'm eating, or poking fun of what i'm not eating etc. of course when i tell them the rate at which i am losing they go into orbit!

The way i see it is this- i am eating more nutrition now than i was. 4 cups veggies a day, greens, lean proteins, vitamins and water. sure, maybe less calories, but overall way more nutrition. it's got to be good for your body compared to the pastries, chips and big macs, we all know that, right?

anyone care to chime in on this one?

have a great day all!
Luckily, I'm on maternity leave so I don't have to deal with the comments this time but I did the program before my pregnancy and heard it all the time... But it would usually shut people up when I would simply say "Being overweight is unhealthy". Usually after that there was no debate lol..
Old 01-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
I always take all of mine in the morning so I don't forget so taking all of them at nice is no problem. My coach told me it is more important to make sure I get them in rather than when I take them.
Thank you!! I will try taking them all at once...the difference is I usually take one floralax in the morning and one after supper...I wouldn't want to spend my whole morning at the washroom LOLL But I will definitly try it out! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Back from WI #2 - lost 8.2# this week for a total of 17.8 in the 11 days I have been on IP. Lost 2.5" from my chest, 2" from my waist and 1" from my hips. It was a great WI. Around 16% body fat lost. This is working quickly and I feel I can keep doing this.
That is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Good job you must be so proud!!!
As for the apple cider vinegar my coach says I am allowed and my Ideal Protein meal plan also says so!
I usually use it also with my salads with a little bit of olive oil and sometimes I would add garlic..yummy!!!

I am in the same boat as you are for the WF dressings...I dislike them!!!
So I would suggest to keep the apple cider vinegar and do what you are doing! It is obviously working for you!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulleriina View Post
Still about EVO Carla, doctor Tran Tien Chanh's website says 2 tbsp is this different protocol anyways ? I have been taking 2 tsp but thinking if that is too little but the difference between those calories and fats are HUGE!! Ok, I'll stop asking now but it seems to be different advices between the couches and even here.
I've been doing about 2 tsp. EVOO per day most of the time... but if I feel really hungry, I sometimes eat a tsp. of coconut oil right off the spoon... sounds yucky, but it's actually quite tasty... learned that from Linden...

hugs
Old 01-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I've been doing about 2 tsp. EVOO per day most of the time... but if I feel really hungry, I sometimes eat a tsp. of coconut oil right off the spoon... sounds yucky, but it's actually quite tasty... learned that from Linden...

hugs
I think I'm going to add coconut oil too if (when ) I feel hungry
Old 01-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=Joliebug82;3665219]
Quote:
Back from WI #2 - lost 8.2# this week for a total of 17.8 in the 11 days I have been on IP. Lost 2.5" from my chest, 2" from my waist and 1" from my hips. It was a great WI. Around 16% body fat lost. This is working quickly and I feel I can keep doing this.

WOW! Congratulations and a big for you!

My coach said no apple cider vinegar, but as much white vinegar as I want. I'm not sure why, because apple cider vinegar is 0 across the board.
My list says that Apple Cider Vinegar is acceptable. I was told I could use as much as I wanted. Just no WINE vinegar.

Quote:
They are two DIFFERENT diets, based on same ideas, but different diets. If you are on IP, go with the 2 tsp. I personally don't pay attention to the amount of oil I use, but pay attention to not OVER using it.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #53  
Sallycat88

S/C/G: 170.2/136.4/137

Height: 5'7"

Default Newbie

Hello all! I have been on IP for 6 weeks and have lost over 24 lbs! Love this diet. Although I am not new to this site as I read postings daily, I am new to post. Hope everyone is having a great day
Old 01-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

Default 1st Weigh-in

Just got back from my 1st weigh in and had to share. I lost 6LBS!!! I've NEVER lost 6lbs in 1 week in my entire 41 years....usually it's 1-2lbs. Super excited to see what next week WI will be - if I don't gain it all back - I'm SOLD!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaciMiner View Post
Hello all! I have been on IP for 6 weeks and have lost over 24 lbs! Love this diet. Although I am not new to this site as I read postings daily, I am new to post. Hope everyone is having a great day
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickmouse View Post
Just got back from my 1st weigh in and had to share. I lost 6LBS!!! I've NEVER lost 6lbs in 1 week in my entire 41 years....usually it's 1-2lbs. Super excited to see what next week WI will be - if I don't gain it all back - I'm SOLD!
Congrats! That is awesome!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #56  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
So Carla posted on another thread that there are people on the daily thread that are wondering about phasing off prior to surgery and recomendations for recover.
I am happy to say that I am no longer on steroids and am back from vacation and on day 2 of my program again. It has been really hard for me to get back into the swing of things but I am trying to be kind to myself.
If you have any other questions or need any advise for upcoming surgeries feel free to pm me!!!
Thank you!! And, I am so glad this week is going well for you with getting back on track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntula View Post
I haven't been here since last week. I was discouraged because I was having a hard time, taking the vitimins, getting regimented, and drinking water. It was my first week afterall. .... I went right back on it, I feel great since my body has adjusted to less, and I'm not having hunger pains. I've organized my vitamins and I'm taking them at scheduled times and my water count is up. Had my BP checked on Monday and it was down to 134/71, which is great for me. So as long as I feel better, regardless of weight, I will carry on! Hugs!
If am so glad you are feeling better and seem so good results for your efforts. Keep at it! This really will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
NSV!.. after whining & feeling sorry for myself & generally being a big baby a couple of days ago because I still wasn't losing my jelly belly, I was surprised this morning to find that the black jeans, size 10, I wore to a party on Dec. 10 (they were tight then, but I could get them on & zipped) are actually a little bit loose now!!!.. ah, such relief!.. I was almost ready to give up, phase off, & just forget about ever losing that darned tummy pouch... maybe it's still shrinking after all, just more slowly than before... nope, not giving up now!.. IP is the BEST!!!..

hugs
NICE!!! That is what I found. All of a sudden areas that wouldn't budge DID!

Quote:

I wish you all well in your IP journey. I have a ways to go, but it has been great so far.

Thanks for the support in this forum!
AND you were WORRIED??? I am so happy this weigh in was so GOOD!! You did great!

Quote:
Question....can you consume too much apple cider vinegar or vinegars for that matter? Can it be harmful? Can it mess with the Ph of our systems?

I like apple cider vinegar with select spices for salad dressing and only use it with my salads. I have started to skip putting oil in it so I can have my oil to cook with. My coach says it is ok and not to worry about amounts.

I still do not like the WF dressings.
I was told yes, in large quantities it can mess with ph. I can't see how. All of my research shows this goes to an alkaline ash so, if anything we would become more alkaline not acidic. Maybe that is a problem?? It isn't harmful, but watch your teeth, too much straight can etch tooth enamel (I've read). My coach allowed me to use it freely. Honestly, because of the tartness you kind of do self limit and I didn't have any issues that can be attributed to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post

The only vinegars limited are red wine, balsamic and vinegars with sugars and carbs. I actually have a 000 redwine I use. I also use a 000 all natural rice wine vinegar. I haven't found a balsamic yet that doesn't have at least 2 carbs. and both from sugars.

Quote:
NO problem! Dr Tran's diet is the original diet that IP is BASED on. It is not identical. It will let you lose well and a bit more slowly. IP is designed with lower fat levels and promotes (even advertises) the improvement of cellulite appearance. That is achieved by using far less fat.

THERE IS NO PROBLEM with more fat if you have room for the calories in your weight loss and you are willing to lose a bit more slowly. Some coaches do this because the added fat keeps you saturated.

Some coaches were originally involved in Matol, another plan developed with Dr Tran and quite similar. It was also a different plan and you did get different approaches on veggies and fats. If that is effecting a coaches thinking you can get different advice.
may lose more slowly? How important is the oil to you? Can you just use a little more on the days you needed it but you less the majority of the time.

Make the diet work for you. I personally develop very dry skin with cracks and bleeds and, my bowel movements are impaired if I don't get enough oil. I use between 1 and 2 tbsp a day. FOR me, I am willing to have the trade off of better skin/health and slower weight loss. My body apparently needs it.

If I didn't I would take the lower oil and get the great cellulite benefits. I did that the first round (despite my issues) and it really did improve the little pockets of dimply appearance of my legs, bum, calves, tummy, and arms.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickmouse View Post

WOUHOU!!!!!! Isn't IP awesome??? I am sure you won't gain it back if you stay on protocol! You will do great and also welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaciMiner View Post
That's great!!!!! Welcome to the forum! There are awesome people here and you will find if you haven't already GREAT support from everyone it's fantastic!!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
So, I thought I would bring it up just in case. We have many new women on the forum and diet right now. I am curious how many of you have read, heard from others, or heard from your coach that Ideal Protein adjusts your hormones in some instances. Have you also heard that it will mess with your birth control??

YEP! That's right. It has made BC (birth control) less than effective in many cases. It also will cause break through bleeding and spotting. During the past 15 months we have had 8 instances of "unexpected" pregnancy. I say it that way because several of the women wanted children, had even been trying, and hadn't had success or had been told it wasn't possible. GUESS WHAT? As this diet changes you, some of those changes happen too.

SO, with valentine's and other romantic events ahead, if you aren't looking to add to your family, be aware of the need to take extra precautions.

Here is a link to some old discussions about IP, birth control and, IP's impact on TOM.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ontrol-ip.html
Oh - i so hope this 'messes' with my hormones. I've had a severe hormonal imbalance for over 10 yrs that started with hot flashes and night sweats at age 29. Even with a thyroid condition - I'm always hot and it makes summer's almost unbearable - with me sweating my makeup off before I even get out the door. And let's not even talk about the facial hair.

So if this diet can fix ALL of that (which the Pg Cream and thyroid meds have helped) - that would be almost as big a deal as the weight.

I have noticed I've been colder - which i'm loving!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #59  

Make the diet work for you. I personally develop very dry skin with cracks and bleeds and, my bowel movements are impaired if I don't get enough oil. I use between 1 and 2 tbsp a day. FOR me, I am willing to have the trade off of better skin/health and slower weight loss. My body apparently needs it.

If I didn't I would take the lower oil and get the great cellulite benefits. I did that the first round (despite my issues) and it really did improve the little pockets of dimply appearance of my legs, bum, calves, tummy, and arms.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'm going to figure this out : my "problem " was getting more dry skin, a lot of wrinkles (I think it is more because age and weight loss) and hair loss Thanks again, it is wonderful to belong to this forum

Last edited by bulleriina; 01-20-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #60  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

So I've never been a fan of fish, I hate the fishy taste. A friend of mine had some last night and since it was cooked in an IP friendly way I tried a bit. OMG, it doesn't taste fishy and I really liked it! I know I'm going to check the recipe thread, but do any of you make tilapia in a way that is really good? I think I'm going to try some tonight.

Also, last night for my meat I had shrimp. Holy cow 7oz of shrimp is A LOT!
Closed Thread